Thread: MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #2496
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah, I don't think the Mets would consider including Conforto or Nimmo in a deal unless they were getting a legitimate star bat in return (nor should they), and my impression is that Sandy doesn't want to part with those guys for a rental anyway. And trading Thor would be insane given how good he's been and now with the uncertainty of health for guys like Wheeler, Montero, and now Matz.

Cuddyer has been playing better the past few days, but still he needs his off days and replacing him late in a game is never a bad idea. I'd feel more comfortable having Venable around.

If a low cost reliever is the price the first name to pop into my mind is Vic Black. Was really good in the Majors last year. He got hurt in ST and only just started pitching in games like a month ago. He's been getting absolutely TORCHED in AAA this year but in fairness it's a small sample size and nearly everybody gets torched in the Pacific Coast League. Might be a decent guy to take a "flyer" on. If not there are a couple of other relievers the Mets have in AAA who seem to be good but I'm not sure they'll ever wind up cracking their 40 man roster given the depth they've assembled.

I'd also happily drive Alex Torres to the airport if you wanted him back for a bag of balls.