Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #4517
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As a whole I'd say 3/4th of the NFC East had a good first round.

Washington taking Scherff at #5 overall might be a bit early but the Jets, Bears, and Falcons all were rumored to have interest in him and the Giants definitely wanted him at #9 so trading back would have meant losing him. They had no real choice but to take him when they did. Probably will wind up as a guard long-term so there's risk but he's NFL ready right out of the gate.

Made my opinions on Flowers already known but it fills a huge need and he should slot in at RT right away. Pugh nearly got Eli killed against the Eagles last year so moving Pugh in to RG makes sense. Again #9 may have been a slight reach but the Rams supposedly coveted him and in general teams seemed hesitant to trade up this year.

The Eagles' pick was the only WTF one in the division. I mean it makes sense to get a replacement for Maclin and the guy is practically a clone of him, but he won't be as good as Maclin right out of the gate. Probably a lateral move for them at best.