Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #4375
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Last year's prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford View Post
I keep having a bad feeling about this season for the Ravens and then I look at their schedule. if they can't go 11-5, then its probably going to be an awful year.

Bucs, Jaguars, Texans, Falcons, Titans, Browns (2) should all be wins which is 7.

Colts, Chargers and Dolphins are toss ups though I think the Chargers and Dolphins being near the end of the season helps the chances of winning 2 of them.

outside of Division games with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, the two toughest games will be Panthers and at the Saints. Winning in new Orleans (when its not the Super Bowl) is hard..the Panthers in Baltimore will be rough too. 0-2 strong possibility.

They can split the Steeler/Bengal Series and still get 11 wins.
I like how I was wrong about the Panthers and Saints games which were actually 2 of their best performsnces. I was also wrong about the Texans game which was probably their 2nd worst loss behind the drubbing they took in Pittsburgh (which was made up for in the playoffs)

They went 10-6 but they disn't split with the Bengals for 11 like I thought they would, and I totally blame that on the bullshit offensive PI call in the week 1 game at home. And technically with the 1 playoff win they did win 11 games.

So I like to think I was about as close as anyone in predicting their season. I did predict it in July, so I will probably go back an adjust if anything happens in the draft but for now this is how I see it:

Jaguars, Browns (x2), Raiders, 49ers, Rams, Cardinals =7 wins they should be able to dominate the NFC West like they did the south last year with exception of Seattle.

Toss ups: Miami, Kansas City and San Diego my prediction had them winning vs KC and Miami and losing to SD, but I think they'll go 2-1 in these 3 one way or another

Outside of the Division games vs Pittsburgh and Cincinnati they only have two really tough games vs Denver an Seattle. The Denver game is especially tough since Kubiak is there. I'd like to think they could beat Seattle at home in prime time. A split of these 6 games somehow would get them to 12 wins.

I'm not as pessimistic about the wins this year, I think they could go 11-5 or even 10-6 and still win the division.

Last edited by Droford; 04-22-2015 at 01:13 PM.