View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #403
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
An issue I have with what you're saying is identifying something as "problematic" versus saying you just don't like it.

I mean, in one breath you vilify sexuality in games as juvenile while also saying games need to grow up as an art form. I suspect you'll never see certain subjects in games as legit regardless of how far it can evolve as an art form.

But you do say that this is a business, which is funny. As a capitalistic industry, games will want to appeal to either a mass populace or at least the hardcore fanbase who will recoup costs of production. Money talks, and money says people care about games as they are. These things are either art or toys when you deem fit. They are business products or photographs of society's condition when you see fit.

But back to point; I stress that that not all opinions in reviews are equal, only that one as a right to one. There's a reason you're better pressed to read another game review by me over some random. I'm sure random would find things to critique on, too, but they wouldn't be the things a potential consumer would wanna hear about a game. I've spoken about this with my Camero scenario.

So again, somebody could well critique any facet of a game. I would never say otherwise. But while everyone an opinion, they are not all equal. Certain opinion are more informed than others with the industry/game/genre in context.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote