Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #674
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'll throw my quick predictions in:

AFC East
Patriots
Jets
Dolphins
Bills

AFC North
Ravens
Steelers (Wild Card 2)
Bengals
Browns

AFC South
Colts
Texans
Titans
Jaguars

AFC West
Broncos
Chargers (Wild Card 1)
Chiefs
Raiders

Pats, Colts, and Broncos would all seem to be safe bets. I think the AFC North will be strong, the Ravens just barely missed out last year. I see 2 teams emerging from that division. Despite having them missing the playoffs I don't think the Bengals will be awful, but every year a team everybody thinks will be really good ends up being a bit worse than expected and for some reason I think it'll be them. It might be my total lack of faith in Andy Dalton. Honorable mention: seriously considered the Jets for the 2nd WC, I think they'll actually be pretty good. I like their defense and think Chris Johnson will be a nice boost to their offense.

NFC East
Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Redskins

NFC North
Packers
Bears (Wild Card 2)
Lions
Vikings

NFC South
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Buccaneers

NFC West
Seahawks
49ers (Wild Card 1)
Cardinals
Rams

The East is wide open, any team can win. Just went with the Eagles since they're the "known" commodity but if they fell apart it wouldn't surprise me. The North should be tight, the Lions are impossible to forecast. Locked in on the Saints for the South, Panthers will come back down to Earth. Only have the Cardinals not getting the 2nd Wild Card because the division will beat the shit out of each other all year. Despite the brutal schedule Seahawks should get 6 or 7 home wins before even looking at the road games, so that pushes them to the top of the division.

Super Bowl: Seahawks over Colts. I don't think I've ever predicted a repeat winner before, it's not easy to do. But if they get homefield through the playoffs it'll be a huge boost for them...and they just have insane depth.