View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 02:19 AM   #1901
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lock Jaw Reviews The New 52 Week #4

Superman #1

SPOILER: show
Looking past his terrible costume... I didn't mind a lot of the changes so much. I like the fact that the Daily Planet is now part of a larger media conglomerate that includes TV/Web stuff. Makes sense. Interesting to have Lois as "the boss" of the TV stuff, as well.

Jimmy Olsen seems to have a bad redesign as well, though. Hoped that was just the Action Comics artist, but it is here as well. He seems to have brown hair, no freckles, and a bowl cut looking thing going on. Makes him look really generic and tough to pick out of a crowd. Only reason I can tell he is Jimmy is because people call him Jimmy.

Anyways, way better than Action Comics.

Aquaman #1

Ahahaha. Not much happens in this issue, but I greatly enjoyed it. Much of the issue deals directly with the fact that nobody likes Aquaman, and how they don't think of him as anything but "That dude who talks to fish". Found it pretty enjoyable. Seems like Johns is gonna try his best to make Aquaman "cool".

Blackhawks #1

Not impressed at all. Not much to really say about this one. High tech united nations military division. That is somehow supposed to be top secret. But plasters their logos on all their uniforms and vehicles. A problem is created when someone snaps a picture of the logo on one of their planes and uploads it to the net.

How about... if you wanted to be secret... don't put logos on everything?

The cast seems iffy in this as well. "Irishman" is not Irish. "Canada" is not from Canada. This one is definitely gonna be canceled sooner rather than later.

Green Lantern: New Guardians #1

Probably the weakest of the Green Lantern books, if only because it spent a few pages retelling Kyle Rayner's origin story. From there, it picked up though. Ending really makes me want to find out what is going on, and where the book is going to go.

I, Vampire #1

Mildly confusing trying to figure out the timeline. Seems like a Good Vampire vs Bad Vampires story. Unless it gets better with the second issue, this is getting canceled quick. Unless people love vampires so much that they continue to buy it.

Teen Titans #1

Extremely crappy. Kid Flash and Wonder Girl are new heroes, seemingly with no ties to The Flash or Wonder Woman. Kid Flash seems like he has taken a step back towards Impulse (but not all the way back), while Wonder Girl seems to be some sort of tough delinquent type.

N.O.W.H.E.R.E., that group from Superboy, seems to be hunting teen heroes for some reason. Red Robin (who also seems different) decides he needs to gather a team. He also lets the bad guys see his face, so presumably they now know his identity, and can possibly even link Batman back to Bruce Wayne. IF they are as big and powerful as they are presented as.

Ends the same way as Superboy #1, with Superboy being released to do N.O.W.H.E.R.E.'s bidding.

The Fury of Firestorm - The Nuclear Men #1

Interesting enough to make me want to read more. Seems like a total reboot for Firestorm as well. Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch, the two dudes who were Firestorm in the old universe are both here. Both seem to be Firestorm. Hence the name. Also, there are possibly multiple other Firestorms around the world. Will read to see where this one goes. Thus far, I kinda enjoy the interaction between Ronnie/Jason and the supporting cast. Even if they instantly have to play the race card because one of them is black.

Voodoo #1

Fits right in with the DC New Slut-Verse! Seems to be all about a stripper, who is more than she seems. No idea where this is going. It kept me interested. I liked the art. Of course, both could do with the fact that it was full of women wearing very little or no clothes. I'm not angry about this one or anything, because it is a new character. It isn't like making Starfire a sex-pot or something.

All-Star Western #1

I'd heard good things about the old Jonah Hex series, but never actually got around to reading it. This is by the same team, so I was looking forward to reading it. It did not disappoint. I loved it. Hex comes to Gotham City and is working with Amadeus Arkham to find a serial killer. Pretty great stuff. May have to go back and download the previous series.

Justice League Dark #1

Not sold on it just yet. Don't know how I feel about Madame Xanadu being a character here, and in Camelot times in Demon Knights. Anyways, this is supposed to be a team of Magic people. Team is just forming, so it may get better once they are all formed and together. Overall, though, I think they could have just brought back Shadowpact.

The Flash #1

So, Superman and Lois Lane no longer being together was a big stink. Reading this book I find out that Barry Allen and Iris West are no longer married either. In fact, Barry seems to be dating some other woman. Have to wonder what exactly this means for his continuity. Where does this leave Wally West? Bart Allen? Who is the Kid Flash in Teen Titans? Did Barry ever die?

I DON'T KNOOOOOW!

What I do know is, is that his costume now has pointless lines all over it that glow when he runs fast. Looks crappy.

I think the jury is still out on this book, though. Will see what happens next.

The Savage Hawkman #1

If anyone could use a complete fresh reboot... its Hawkman. Unfortunately, they choose not to do so, and instead choose to make it confusing. They start off by having Carter Hall quitting to be Hawkman for unknown reasons. Making many statements that leave in question his continuity big time. In the end, he somehow gets new powers where his costume bursts out from his skin. His badly redesigned costume. Don't really "dig" what they are doing to Hawkman here at all.

Batman: The Dark Knight #1

Probably the worst of the Batman books. Didn't really care for it. Think it is one Batman book too many, anyways.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote