View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #1751
Nowhere Man
Now. Here. Man.

Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Doomsday is not a villain. He's a walking plot device. You can't carry a whole movie on a single fight scene, and that's the only thing that Doomsday has to offer. Fuck Doomsday, he sucks.

If you have to have the big meaty villain because Superman needs to punch someone, go with Darkseid, or Mongul, or even Metallo (my personal hope for the next Supes villain is Brainiac). At least they have actual personalities and backstories and aren't just half-assed ripoffs of the Hulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad View Post
The last time I read a DC comic, I think Lex Luthor was the President or some nonsense. Is this still the case?
Luthor was deposed around 2004 after finally being outed as a supervillain. The whole 'President Lex' thing was little more than the DC writers taking a big pot-shot at Dubya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad
Also, personally LL bores the shit out of me.
Luthor can be one hell of a villain when they play to his strengths (the fact that he's the smartest person ever and can whip up technology so advanced that it might as well be magic, the fact that he's a megalomaniac with a god complex who believes it's his duty to 'save' humanity from Superman, etc). If they went to the next level with it and essentially turned him into an evil version of Doctor Who, I think he'd still be a villain worthy of being Superman's arch-nemesis. Instead, he usually just gets written as a poor man's Norman Osborn or Kingpin.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote