View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #3452
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
And it's been a fucking mess so far.
It looks like Capcom is trying to be like Nintendo with that strategy but the biggest difference is Nintendo is really good at determining which games work the best with a certain studio and design they want for the game.

Namco got Star Fox due to being good at flying games, Sega got F-Zero due to having experience with racers, Rare used to get the platformers, a few studios are good at doing RPGs, and Retro is great at creating a good tech engine for a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiD View Post
Kinda absurd. To begin with, I was young during the 90's but I don't remember games like XCOM being all that popular. They were popular but I don't think the most popular. XCOM was very unique and customizable and that is why people loved it. Another shooter..yay?
XCOM itself might not have been a huge name but RTS were big in the 1990s. The problem with what the boss said is how he suddenly thinks RTS style games are no longer considered "modern" but didn't give any real reason why.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote