View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #2277
Boomer
The Wretched

Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
Then where do you go?

/curious
Just Giant Bomb, really. They don't post as many articles because they only have four dedicated guys on staff and a few other occasional helpers, but their videos are awesome, and the community is the kind of gaming community I identify with (really dedicated, obsessive gamers). I like their weekly podcast, the weekly live multiplayer show with people from the community, along with the other live shenanigans they do on a weekly basis. I know I talk about them a lot, but their Quick Looks give me a whole lot better of an idea if I'm going to like a game or not.

Plus, they are opinionated as hell. They all used to work at Gamespot, but left and made their own shit because Jeff got fired writing a bad review for Kane and Lynch on a week that GS was selling ad-space for the game. They have zero ads, so not only am I not annoyed when I watch their videos (AKA Gametrailers, which even Adblock won't save), I don't have any concerns about them speaking their mind. Every writer has vastly different taste in games too.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote