View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:35 AM   #2167
Gonzo
feel the madness

Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan
I don't know. It was one of the oddest looking passes I have ever seen. In Dallas' defense, I could say:

A) The line of scrimmage was the 15 it appears and just as Romo reaches the 15 and gets rid of the ball, the Giant defender's (Can't tell who it is) arm comes down and blocks his leg. It's tough to see exactly where his leg is at that moment.

and B) It almost looked like as he was in the air, with his foot not yet down, he let go of the ball and then maybe as his foot hit, just pushed it into the air. Don't know if by definition that still counts as an illegal forward pass. I definitely think it is more than debatable. I don't know.

The thing I hate though is when people come out with something that really has nothing to do with the skill involved in playing football and try to say their team lost because of it, ignoring the fact that, skill-wise, they were outplayed on the given play or whatever. (I'm not saying you did that. You actually admitted it was on your own accord, so I don't lump you in with those people or anything.. the play just got me thinking about it.)

Like... on that play Romo did an excellent job avoiding the sack and then getting the ball to Curtis just before taking the hit. He showed great SKILL on the play. Someone in the Giant's secondary fucked up, maybe thinking Romo was sacked. That was a bad play by that guy. On that play, Dallas outplayed the Giants and scored a touchdown because of it.

But you know there's some people who would try to say they lost because Romo may have gone a fraction of a yard beyond a certain spot on the field. It's football. You can't pick some random little thing and try to blow it up. The fact that Dallas outplayed them so much on that drive should not be tainted at all because of something so small. It comes down to "letting them play".
Yeah Romo is definitely a great player, and is awesome at evading the rush and making things happen. This sucks obviously because we will have to play him for years to come but eh. I think if the ball is past the LOS it is illegal. I've watched the play several times, he was at the 14 when he threw it, the LOS was the 15. In hindsight it doesn't really matter, I'm trying to point out the terrible officiating over the weekend which apparently affected more than just the Giants/Cowboys game.