TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Disney to pull all content from Netflix and start their own service in 2018 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133759)

Emperor Smeat 08-08-2017 07:17 PM

Disney to pull all content from Netflix and start their own service in 2018

According to Bloomberg, Disney is preparing to pull all of their content off of Netflix and start their own streaming service next year.

Disney is also starting a new sports streaming services based on ESPN related content.

Netflix themselves stated their current deal with Disney lasts till the end of 2019 so not everything will get pulled all at once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamespot
Disney is set to pull its content from Netflix. It has been confirmed that the studio will remove all of its movies from the service with the intention of providing both entertainment and sports content via two new streaming services of its own.

As reported by Bloomberg, an ESPN-branded service is set to arrive first in 2018, which the site reports will feature 10,000 live sports events a year. This will be followed by an entertainment service, which will take advantage the studio's massive film library. As well as its classic animated films, Disney's catalogue includes such hugely popular cinematic brands as Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...l-with-netflix

Destor 08-08-2017 07:26 PM

And so it begins. Every "channel" with its own streaming service...yuck.

Lock Jaw 08-08-2017 07:52 PM

Damn, that sucks. Would be "hellish" to have to sign up for multiple streaming services.......

ClockShot 08-08-2017 07:53 PM

Disney ain't what it used to be growing up. :(

Frank Drebin 08-08-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5000055)
Damn, that sucks. Would be "hellish" to have to sign up for multiple streaming services.......

As much as I've loved the a-la cart idea to getting tv channels, imagine paying 10 bucks or more every month for every channel you wanted. Basically you'll get alot fewer channels for the same price. I guess you'd be able to stream on any device and if you really only want 2 or 5 channels it would be ok.

Destor 08-08-2017 11:29 PM

He only way to court me is via free services with adds ala CW app. Some content i simply wont pay for

Kalyx triaD 08-10-2017 12:03 AM

So... the Netflix Marvel heroes who are all 'soft R' material, is gonna be on a Disney service?

There's gonna be exemptions. They are Netflix originals, afterall.

And on the service itself; I want it all. If they're gonna ask me to sign up to some new shit I want all of their shit. The whole vault. No bullshit.

Lock Jaw 08-10-2017 12:12 AM

I think I read that the Marvel Netflix shows would be staying on Netflix.

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-10-2017 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5000055)

You should also quote "have to" because you don't have to do shit. Fuck 'em.

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-10-2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 5000536)
So... the Netflix Marvel heroes who are all 'soft R' material, is gonna be on a Disney service?

There's gonna be exemptions. They are Netflix originals, afterall.

And on the service itself; I want it all. If they're gonna ask me to sign up to some new shit I want all of their shit. The whole vault. No bullshit.

I doubt it. They love taking away and making it feel special when it's available.

Destor 08-10-2017 01:10 AM

If the disney is very successful the marvel and lucas content would shift over but for now nothing changes there. Just disney and pixar properties

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-10-2017 01:53 AM

If CBS All Access becomes a hit because of Star Trek Discovery everybody will do this.