TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jay White Joins CHAOS & Challenges Omega (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134436)

#BROKEN Hasney 01-06-2018 05:46 AM

Jay White Joins CHAOS & Challenges Omega

I think there's enough interest for individual news threads right now, but if there's not, I'll revive the old NJPW news thread.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/afXpOtwt03Y" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not sure what to think. On one hand, being introduced by Okada and having him join their group is a big deal, but I thought it was going to be interesting to see him go out on his own. It sounds like it may be a temporary arrangement to finish off the current incarnation of the Bullet Club as we know it though as he talks about how he won't be a guy that will fade out to be just another dude in CHAOS, he'll eventually come for that IWGP title.

#BROKEN Hasney 01-06-2018 08:44 AM

Also, Okada said hat if SANADA wants a shot at his title, then Okada wants a shot at the tag titles. Tagging with Jay could be a good uneasy alliance dynamic.

Evil Vito 01-06-2018 08:57 AM

Apparently Okada's already named Goto as his tag partner. I'd guess EVIL pins Goto in that match to set up Okada/SANADA and Goto/EVIL for their respective belts.

#BROKEN Hasney 01-06-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED (Post 5068402)
Apparently Okada's already named Goto as his tag partner. I'd guess EVIL pins Goto in that match to set up Okada/SANADA and Goto/EVIL for their respective belts.

Yeah, I can dig that.

Sixx 01-06-2018 09:51 AM

Hm, Jay White sounded like a name of a black guy to me. Surprised he's white bread.

XL 01-06-2018 04:07 PM

Maybe because of Michael Jai White?

Shisen Kopf 01-06-2018 04:25 PM

So backyard threads (which is awesome) get closed but its cool to have like 8 different Jap rasslin (which is boring) threads open

Mr. Nerfect 01-06-2018 05:54 PM

I like the move. Having an association over there seems like it lends credence. Jay White looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt from 3rd Rock though.

Sixx 01-06-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5068461)
Maybe because of Michael Jai White?

That might be it!

Emperor Smeat 01-06-2018 11:16 PM

Okada during the whole promo looked like he was internally contemplating how many Rainmakers it would take to defeat White. Probably settled on 3 before White started talking about wanting his title.

Loose Cannon 01-07-2018 10:03 AM

god i love this. I love how he subtly moved the belt over to Okada and says that's yours but you could feel there's some tension there

Ol Dirty Dastard 01-07-2018 10:05 AM

Wasnt huge on his promo. The msg was good but it just felt forced

Ol Dirty Dastard 01-07-2018 10:06 AM

Good angle tho. V real.

Evil Vito 01-07-2018 12:31 PM

I could definitely see Jay White getting the US belt off of Kenny. I think they'll want to give White a really big win to establish himself.

Kenny meanwhile might then be moved into a program with Cody as Bullet Club continues to implode from within, and after that he'll refocus on gunning for Okada.

Ultra Mantis 01-07-2018 12:56 PM

This switchblade gimmick is so off, I guess part of it is that Jay White doesn't have the charisma or look to make it work. It seems a little all over the place and hopefully he can find a level for the character that works.

#BROKEN Hasney 01-07-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis (Post 5068736)
This switchblade gimmick is so off, I guess part of it is that Jay White doesn't have the charisma or look to make it work. It seems a little all over the place and hopefully he can find a level for the character that works.

I think it's a gimmick that could work on ringwork and mannerisms alone, and just be suited for promos like a hidden psychopath. So far though, while good in the ring, he hasn't shown the character chops to pull it off.

Mr. Nerfect 01-07-2018 05:49 PM

I kind of want to see Naito vs. Omega. The two guys that Okada beat at WK facing each other for the US Title.

Evil Vito 01-07-2018 06:24 PM

Naito and Omega's match in the G1 finals was a banger, so I'd be pretty surprised if they don't meet up again at some point this year. Maybe even in the finals again if the plan is to keep the belt on Okada for another year. Or maybe Okada drops the belt at some point during the year but he wins G1 and becomes the first guy to successfully cash in the G1 briefcase. In any event, Okada's clearly gonna be headlining again next year so I'll be fascinated on seeing how this year shakes out to see if they go with Naito or Omega. Those three seem to be a cut above the rest at the moment, though.

Speaking of G1...it's half a year away yet I'm already stoked for the possibilities the field could bring.

Jordan 01-07-2018 07:09 PM

I think Jay White will be really good in a few years. He needs these programs and big matches he's currently getting, no way that doesn't shape him into a diamond.

Mr. Nerfect 01-07-2018 08:35 PM

That's why I expect him to lose to Omega. This is a bit of a learning excursion in a different sense.

Jordan 01-07-2018 09:39 PM

He'd better lose to Omega, they should keep Omega's momentum strong.