TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Who will John Cena face at WrestleMania 33? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132824)

slik 01-30-2017 12:22 AM

Who will John Cena face at WrestleMania 33?

Vote & Discuss.

Mr. Pierre 01-30-2017 12:26 AM

Samoa Joe costs him the Chamber setting up a singles.

Wyatt wins the Chamber/belt.

Damian Rey 2.0 01-30-2017 12:33 AM

I'm fantasy booking Samoa Joe. Cena has been money in the ring for 3 years running now. He's still their top dog, and a match with him and Joe could be the show stealer

Jazzy Foot 01-30-2017 12:38 AM

Undertaker.

Simple Fan 01-30-2017 12:54 AM

Samoa Joe and AJ Styles.

slik 01-30-2017 12:58 AM

Actually I think I know what it is now. 'oh god' and I will leave it at that. Carry on.

Mr. Nerfect 01-31-2017 07:22 PM

I actually wonder if they are going to forego a Shane match and do some sort of Cena/Styles match given that Cena is likely to lose the belt at Elimination Chamber. Another possibility is that they have Cena retain the belt and they actually do Cena/Orton with Orton being backed by The Wyatt Family -- or at least Bray Wyatt. It wouldn't be the most tone-deaf thing WWE has ever done.

SlickyTrickyDamon 01-31-2017 10:24 PM

Dolph or Corbin

Ruien 01-31-2017 10:30 PM

Omg please do not put him against Boring Corbin.

Droford 01-31-2017 10:33 PM

James Ellsworth

slik 01-31-2017 10:35 PM

The scoop from the dirt sheets is:

SPOILER: show

Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse is planned for WM33

Emperor Smeat 01-31-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura (Post 4921983)

Going to be dumb if it really happens but then again WWE felt Joe would be better on RAW than have a potential Joe-Cena match occur at Mania.

WWE even felt it would be better to get a potential Cena-Orton match out of the way early than have that as a possible option for a Mania feud.

Droford 01-31-2017 11:49 PM

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/talent_c...55b141f4ac.png
Cena looks OLD

Heyman 01-31-2017 11:53 PM

Cena will face Orton or Undertaker in a retirement match of some kind

Cena will face Orton or Undertaker in a retirement match of some kind:

I have no idea what's going on in the storylines right now and so I might be way off base, but I suspect that Cena will face one of Orton or Taker at Wrestlemania. Cena will then defeat Orton/Taker causing him to retire (and subsequently, leading Jim Ross to give a blow job).

If Cena faces Taker - I think the WWE will play it off as the winner of Taker/Goldberg/Lesnar at the February PPV will get shot at Cena. Taker wins the match (return win against Brock in an indirect way), before doing the job to Cena. Lesnar trounces Goldberg at Mania.

On the other hand - I think Orton's victory at RR was very strange. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the WWE's way of paying Orton his respects before Orton fades into the sunset.

Either way - I think Cena will face Taker or Orton......with Taker being the more likely choice in my opinion (Taker would call out Cena after defeating Lesnar/Goldberg despite being on a different brand).

AirJordanFan93 02-01-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 4922019)

Dude turns 40 in April. Take his age and the schedule he has had since 2005 its no wonder he looks old.

Ruien 02-01-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura (Post 4921983)

Not the worst idea in the world. Not the best but meh. Will have a lot of good promos leading up to Mania.

road doggy dogg 02-01-2017 09:13 AM

No I do think that is honestly the worst idea. Would rather have Cena/Orton than a mixed tag tbh

Heyman 02-01-2017 04:25 PM

Cena retiring Taker is the WWE's best route. Don't overthink it.

Why not just go with the obvious, Cena vs. Taker?

Taker needs to retire ASAP, and the story/history of Cena/Taker is pretty much there (i.e. Taker shaking a young Cena's hand backstage in 2002).

They should hype the shit out of that.

Sixx 02-01-2017 04:29 PM

are they really gonna use taker @ mania again?

fuck's sake. just stay home, mark. fuck michelle or something.

Heyman 02-01-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 4922289)

Agreed.

At this point, Taker is just ruining his legacy.

Just put over Cena and go home and rape Michelle.

Damian Rey 2.0 02-01-2017 06:24 PM

Nah. Put over heel Reigns and call it a day. Reigns needs the win more than Cena

Heyman 02-01-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 4922327)
Nah. Put over heel Reigns and call it a day. Reigns needs the win more than Cena

I'd be on board with this idea as well........although I'd still prefer Cena/Taker.

Damian Rey 2.0 02-01-2017 11:58 PM

It's likely the better match but a heel Reigns gunning to retire the franchise of the company would create an immense atmosphere

Mr. Nerfect 02-02-2017 09:43 PM

Cena vs. Orton vs. Styles in a Triple Threat for the WWE Title. Not a retirement match, but a match symbolic of a new face that runs the place coming in and beating two of the WWE's established Gods of Mt. Olympus. Bray vs. Harper for the IC Title lower on the card, please.

rez 02-03-2017 08:31 AM

Surfer Bo Dallas

Mr. Nerfect 02-03-2017 11:16 AM

Surfer Bo Dallas versus Biker Bray only.

Zeeboe 02-04-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93 (Post 4922063)
Dude turns 40 in April. Take his age and the schedule he has had since 2005 its no wonder he looks old.

Looks more like he is pushing 50.

Lock Jaw 02-05-2017 12:33 AM

Biker Bo ONLY

http://i.imgur.com/B4mZPgj.jpg

Mr. Nerfect 02-05-2017 12:37 AM

Biker Bo to lead a stable against Ministry Bray?

rez 02-05-2017 01:28 AM

Bo Angle versus Bo Steiner (Rick, not Scott)

Mr. Nerfect 02-05-2017 01:36 AM

Bo Steiner (Scott, not Rick) vs. Bo Lesnar?

rez 02-05-2017 03:42 AM

No. That's too many real wrestler wrestlers, asshole

Mr. Nerfect 02-05-2017 10:14 PM

You can do them on different shows, cock-ring.

DAMN iNATOR 02-06-2017 03:23 AM

Let's not pretend he won't be in the title picture @WM 33. I hate to sound like CyNick here, but a 17th title run of any kind is absolutely what Vince wants for his goose that lays the goldern merchandise eggs.

Bray beats him @ Elimination Chamber and Cena tries to invoke his rematch, and the "not until next PPV" song and dance happens, he's added to Bray v. Orton @ WM33, and to nobody's surprise, gets #17 as cheap as you please at the grandaddy of them all. YAWN.

DAMN iNATOR 02-06-2017 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 4922289)

It's going to be his retirement match, so I don't know what you're bitching about. Should a guy with the legacy he has and the indelible mark (no pun intended) he's left on the industry not be allowed to have a proper retirement match on the grandest stage of them all?

(The answer is yes, BTW). I feel confident the whole "Taking souls and digging holes" speech about him not being defined by just WrestleMania anymore was meant as a sort of very cryptic hint that he'd be in the Rumble match, and that Vince plans to unveil him as a co-headliner this year for the HoF at some point on a RAW after Fastlane. Either that or they give him the retirement match at WM 33 (which he absolutely deserves to be able to have) happens anyhow sans any announcement due to Kurt going in, and he's made the headliner of the 2018 class. It"s really simple stuff, yet some people here insist on way over thinking who Undertaker will or should face, when we should all just be preparing ourselves to bask in his glory one last time @ WM 33.

Mr. Nerfect 02-06-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4924053)
Let's not pretend he won't be in the title picture @WM 33. I hate to sound like CyNick here, but a 17th title run of any kind is absolutely what Vince wants for his goose that lays the goldern merchandise eggs.

Bray beats him @ Elimination Chamber and Cena tries to invoke his rematch, and the "not until next PPV" song and dance happens, he's added to Bray v. Orton @ WM33, and to nobody's surprise, gets #17 as cheap as you please at the grandaddy of them all. YAWN.

The rumor is saying Cena & Nikki vs. Miz & Maryse. I'd like to believe that they'd put Cena in something less mid-card, but when you break it down:

* Cena might propose after the match.

* Nikki Bella might retire from active competition after the match.

* It's WrestleMania 27's main event with WOMEN because it's a REVOLUTION.

I can totally see it going down that way.

Big Vic 02-06-2017 08:39 AM

John Laurinaitis in a "Love her or leave her" match.

Mr. Nerfect 02-06-2017 08:44 AM

Cena & Nikki vs. Miz & Maryse vs. Ambrose & Renee vs. Kenny & Mickie vs. Naomi & Jimmy Uso to decide the first-ever Mixed Tag Team Champions. I mean that intergender division is basically as big as the RAW Women's Division.

Heyman 02-07-2017 01:53 PM

Cena being in any tag match is stupid and is a tremendous waste in my opinion.

Cena needs to go one on one with either Orton or Taker.......with Cena winning, and retiring the guy he beats. Period.

Mr. Nerfect 02-09-2017 08:30 AM

This will sound insane, but I would actually be fine with Cena vs. Orton. I mean, I'd want AJ Styles in there if I had a choice, but beyond him, there is no Daniel Bryan that people are basically dying for to take the spot of these two men. They do represent the past decade plus of WWE television, and they are older, wiser and better now. They never matched up as well as they really could have used, but Cena has been shitting out good matches now, and when motivated, Orton can deliver.

It'd feel "big." Bigger than Wyatt vs. Orton for the belt or Cena vs. Miz. It'd feel like two of the biggest stars WWE has meeting up in the main event of WrestleMania because one is the WWE Champion and the other won the Royal Rumble. There's something "pure" about that which makes me happy. This World Title in the mid-card shit bothers me to no end. Why is this belt worth something if it can't trump two other dudes fighting?

If Cena vs. Orton one-on-one happens, I'd defend it. The hype videos they could do would have a different tone to the "I kicked your dad in the head" era. They would chronicle two very different lives -- one of a spoiled brat born into big shoes and the other of a man who worked harder than anyone else in history to get to where he is. One of a man who has aligned himself with crooks and villains at every turn in order to sink his fangs into opportunity, and another who is willing to fight alone. One man who would RKO his own grandmother to win a World Title, and another who preaches hustle, loyalty and respect.

More so than ever, I think these two are ready to embrace the things that separate them and would make a good clash. I doubt it'd be anywhere near the greatest WrestleMania main event ever, but I think it would edge out quite a few of them. And they've never had that big one-on-one match on the grandest stage of them all. I would like to think that between two men so talented, there is a classic somewhere.