TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 6 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=123810)

Shadow 10-08-2013 09:18 PM

GRAVITON LIVES!

Lock Jaw 10-08-2013 09:23 PM

Cool, just looked him up, didn't know he was from the comics.

Looking forward to the hopefully inevitable ep where he gets loose and comes after Coulson, blaming him for what he has become.

Blonde Moment 10-08-2013 10:27 PM

Looking forward to seeing this happen.
SPOILER: show
Think Coulson might be a clone rather then a LMD. Really do not want him to eventually end up being the Vision

Shisen Kopf 10-09-2013 04:08 AM

I gave it a chance...more like Agents of S.U.C.K.. Very boring. Bring back Parker Lewis.

Corporate CockSnogger 10-09-2013 07:37 AM

Decent enough episode. Felt it lacked something the first two had though.

Raven Reaper 10-09-2013 09:30 AM

For a minute there, I was expecting Skye's first heel turn on them.

Inadequacy 10-09-2013 07:21 PM

When Fitz was all "We just need a tiny monkey" the Simmons was all like "Oh Fiiitz" it made it spun like "tiny monkey" is something he suggests often.

Hilarious.

Kalyx triaD 10-11-2013 02:56 AM

Yeah the monkey thing was 'WTF lol'. He was dead serious about it, too. Even mentioned it would be a brave monkey.

...And now I need to see SHIELD Monkey. I mean somewhere in that universe is a talking Raccoon ffs.

Lock Jaw 10-11-2013 03:21 AM

Hit Monkey

loopydate 10-12-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastway (Post 4313633)
Looking forward to seeing this happen.
Think Coulson might be a clone rather then a LMD. Really do not want him to eventually end up being the Vision

The whole "muscle memory" thing with the guns makes me think that's the way they're headed.

Tom Guycott 10-12-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inadequacy (Post 4314012)
When Fitz was all "We just need a tiny monkey" the Simmons was all like "Oh Fiiitz" it made it spun like "tiny monkey" is something he suggests often.

Hilarious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4314693)
Yeah the monkey thing was 'WTF lol'. He was dead serious about it, too. Even mentioned it would be a brave monkey.

...And now I need to see SHIELD Monkey. I mean somewhere in that universe is a talking Raccoon ffs.

Is it odd the first thing I thought about was Monkey (as in, Dial M For Monkey) from Dexter's Lab? Even could drop a joke about getting him from some super intelligent little kid with a lab hidden in his house.

El Vaquero de Infierno 10-12-2013 05:16 AM

I wish to do devilish things to Sky(e), but other than that, I'm still waiting for the show to grab me.

Corporate CockSnogger 10-12-2013 05:27 AM

I'm liking it enough, but there's definitely something not doing it for me. Trying to put my finger on it.

None of the characters are good at all yet, but I know that'll come good with the Whedon's and Tanchareon, so I've been giving that a free pass really. Guy playing Ward is an extremely wooden actor, seems terrible. Not a fan of Fitz and Simmons yet, finding them kind of annoying which is weird cause "adorable, quirky nerd" is pretty much Whedon's forté, think I'd prefer it if there was just one of them really. Also when anyone else refers to them both as Fitzsimmons just seems awkward.

Kinda wish there was a bit more physical diversity in the main cast other than "attractive brunette"

Dunno, no real thought process going on here, just trying to work out what's not fully doing it for me.

Corporate CockSnogger 10-12-2013 06:37 AM

I'd be completely behind them killing off Ward and replacing him with J August Richards character as a "reformed asset" or whatever and leave out the obvious, forced foreshadowing of a romantic plot. He and Skye already had better chemistry anyway, and he's a much better actor.

El Vaquero de Infierno 10-12-2013 12:00 PM

Quite frankly they should kill off the two scientists and replace them with Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker (:love:), and as you said, replace Ward with Richards. Maybe David Boreanaz could make an appearance....

Tom Guycott 10-13-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iginfest (Post 4315316)
Not a fan of Fitz and Simmons yet, finding them kind of annoying which is weird cause "adorable, quirky nerd" is pretty much Whedon's forté, think I'd prefer it if there was just one of them really. Also when anyone else refers to them both as Fitzsimmons just seems awkward.

Likely intentional. I would assume they're referred to collectively because there will likely be an eventual scenario where they're split up, and can't function without the other. They both make one excellent scientist in tandem. Apart, they suck.

My problem with them is the clashing dialogue in "actual" arguing instead of "overlapping" when they bicker (so you can actually hear what they're saying instead of it just being two man crowd noise). Also, Fitz needs to dial down the accent a bit. It's cool when he's the only one talking, but in rapid fire conversation, it becomes a sound hurdle.

And about the J. August thing... it's only been a couple episodes. Give it time, I'm pretty sure they'll put him to use. Especially considering they put all that effort into the whole "unemployed" angle.

Kalyx triaD 10-13-2013 01:27 AM

Actually Fitzsimmons are both talking in their native accent.

Fignuts 10-13-2013 03:09 AM

In my opinion, they should be using the marvel license to its fullest extent. How many shows are out there about a secret government agency investigating weird out of the ordinary stuff?

The marvel license is what sets this apart from all the others. I wanna see characters that we know won't make it in the movies.

Taskmaster is a great example. He would be perfect as the lead villain, as part of his shtick is that he trains people to become super villains. From that you could have a bunch of lower level villains like whirlwind and the claw show up, revised to fit into the marvel movie verse.

Ruien 10-13-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4315763)
In my opinion, they should be using the marvel license to its fullest extent. How many shows are out there about a secret government agency investigating weird out of the ordinary stuff?

The marvel license is what sets this apart from all the others. I wanna see characters that we know won't make it in the movies.

Taskmaster is a great example. He would be perfect as the lead villain, as part of his shtick is that he trains people to become super villains. From that you could have a bunch of lower level villains like whirlwind and the claw show up, revised to fit into the marvel movie verse.

This is what I figured the show would be like. Still have my hopes, especially after the last episode.

Corporate CockSnogger 10-13-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 4315678)

And about the J. August thing... it's only been a couple episodes. Give it time, I'm pretty sure they'll put him to use. Especially considering they put all that effort into the whole "unemployed" angle.

Yeah I know. Pretty sure he'll come back at some point. What I'm saying though, is that it should be in the place of Ward who is awful.

Skippord 10-13-2013 02:04 PM

Ward is pretty rough

want to touch Skye's boobs

owenbrown 10-13-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shisen Kopf (Post 4313738)
I gave it a chance...more like Agents of S.U.C.K.. Very boring. Bring back Parker Lewis.

He can't lose

Lock Jaw 10-15-2013 09:27 PM

Loved this week's ep. Hopefully setting up the "big bad" rivals for S.H.I.E.L.D.

Kalyx triaD 10-15-2013 10:11 PM

What's up with S.W.O.R.D, though...

Lock Jaw 10-16-2013 12:29 AM

Was S.W.O.R.D. mentioned?

Kalyx triaD 10-16-2013 12:41 AM

No, not yet,

Lock Jaw 10-16-2013 12:42 AM

So.....? Why bring them up? Is something supposed to be "up" with them?

Kalyx triaD 10-16-2013 02:48 AM

lol S.W.O.R.D. was Joss Whedon's creation during his Astonishing X-Men run, they're essentially a space SHIELD counter-part. It's very likely he'd introduce them on the show in some form.

Blonde Moment 10-16-2013 05:08 AM

I would guess that at this point in time in this earths history there has not been a need for it yet.

Kalyx triaD 10-16-2013 05:55 AM

New York was attacked by aliens, led by an alien/god guy who we met a while after his brother's hammer fell from the sky. Through a wormhole.

I'd be surprised if S.W.O.R.D. wasn't being put in place.

Shadow 10-16-2013 10:12 AM

Hello...Slingshot.

Where else would you throw dangerous, but still viable, weaponry?

Corporate CockSnogger 10-16-2013 10:28 AM

Another okay episode. Again, nothing mind blowing but fun enough. Really liked the start with the guys in the red masks, and the twist at the end with the fat computer guy having the tech in his eye too.

I know it's only 4 episodes in, but they need to start giving us more on this threat. Right now we're just getting tiny, vague fragments of information that a threat's out there. Don't even know if all these hints are about the same threat as they're all that vague.

Right now we have a technologically advanced organisation who are pretty much dealing with everything in front of them with ease, as they should. Need a reason for them to be underdogs and to actually care about any tough situations they're put in, which would mean they need to come up against someone/thing stronger which essentially means either superpowers or a group more technologically advanced need to make themselves known, at least to viewers if not to SHIELD within the show. Tiny hints here and there probably won't keep viewers.

Anyway, the characters were a little less annoying in this episode, still don't particularly care about any of them much aside from Coulson and maybe May. The rest could pretty much be swapped out for cardboard cutouts.

Raven Reaper 10-16-2013 07:36 PM

And I almost had a hard time watching the rogue agent's eye surgery stuff.. Ouuch.

Skye's complete lack of gun training was just pure LOL.

Kalyx triaD 10-16-2013 08:00 PM

Yeah you'd think her training would come back to save her like the disarm last episode, instead she got owned.

Also the rogue agent (kinda) chick could end up with an eye patch like you know who.

Boondock Saint 10-23-2013 12:17 AM

This show could be so much better than it is. The writing tonight was just laughable.

Corporate CockSnogger 10-23-2013 08:27 AM

Yessss Julian from One Tree Hill. Hot teen drama represent.

Corporate CockSnogger 10-23-2013 09:04 AM

Much better episode. Starting to actually get a story now and a bit of character development.

Ward's still terrible.

Shadow 10-23-2013 11:18 AM

Ward is always gonna be terrible. But at least we know what Skye is doing on the team now.

Now what does Shield have to do with her I wonder.

dronepool 10-23-2013 06:22 PM

Cool episode, that fatality was pretty a nice surprise.

parkmania 10-23-2013 10:56 PM

Anyone else think that
Rising Tide has something to do with HYDRA?

Also, love the nod that their plane is SHIELD 616.