TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is your opinion on John Bradshaw Layfield? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133223)

GD 04-08-2017 03:50 AM

What is your opinion on John Bradshaw Layfield?

Folks over at SquaredCircle and Twitter are having a field day since JBL's bullying is a "hot topic" once again with respect to Mauro's health and Justin Roberts' new book.

What are your thoughts on the self proclaimed "Wrestling God" and the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history?

Sting Fan 04-08-2017 03:57 AM

Dudes a knob, his name keeps coming up as a guy who picks on the little dudes.

Seems from the outside he sees himself as some sort of locker room enforcer but you stack up him picking on Justin Roberts vs. Taker taping his fists to ensure Michaels does the right thing at Mania... Ones a bad ass locker room enforcer, the others a guy picking on someone who has no chance of fighting back physically or by backstage pull.

Blonde Moment 04-08-2017 04:42 AM

He has always been a bully, in the "old days" it was harder for the stories to be spread, it will be interesting to see how this plays out once social media full starts attacking JBL's past. From a personal standpoint I doubt he gives a shit but financially and reputation wise thiscould bite him in the ass HARD.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-08-2017 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastway (Post 4953868)
He has always been a bully, in the "old days" it was harder for the stories to be spread, it will be interesting to see how this plays out once social media full starts attacking JBL's past. From a personal standpoint I doubt he gives a shit but financially and reputation wise thiscould bite him in the ass HARD.

don't think it will but hope it does. He's a made guy.

Blonde Moment 04-08-2017 05:22 AM

If this is the end of it than nothing will happen but if the interest increases this is very bad PR for the WWE

DAMN iNATOR 04-08-2017 05:33 AM

I went with

If only he'd had a tag partner who would disappear for a bit only to re-appear randomly on Heat and feud briefly with Santino Marella, that would be the perfect theme for said person.

Rammsteinmad 04-08-2017 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting Fan (Post 4953865)
Dudes a knob, his name keeps coming up as a guy who picks on the little dudes.

Seems from the outside he sees himself as some sort of locker room enforcer but you stack up him picking on Justin Roberts vs. Taker taping his fists to ensure Michaels does the right thing at Mania... Ones a bad ass locker room enforcer, the others a guy picking on someone who has no chance of fighting back physically or by backstage pull.

Pretty much this. I've yet to hear any stories of JBL picking on a guy like Brock Lesnar (when he was a rookie).

Rammsteinmad 04-08-2017 06:23 AM

Do WWE still promote that whole "Be a Star" thing?

GD 04-08-2017 06:26 AM

And he blocked me on Twitter.

Triple A 04-08-2017 06:33 AM

I think he is a scumbag piece of shit. He seems like a parody of a dumb meathead 80s movie villain.

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2017 08:19 AM

The greatest wrestler ever and my all time favourite. Has been since the formation of the Acolytes

Destor 04-08-2017 09:14 AM

People are pussies now

Sixx 04-08-2017 09:24 AM

fuck the guy, if the harassment was at least funny i wouldn't think he's such a dipshit.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-08-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4953905)
People are pussies now

I think there's not much someone like Justin Roberts can do.

Mauro Ranallo is bi polar, calling him a pussy is unfair.

Destor 04-08-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 4953911)
I think there's not much someone like Justin Roberts can do.

Mauro Ranallo is bi polar, calling him a pussy is unfair.

Have a laugh and rib them back. Life isnt that serious

Blonde Moment 04-08-2017 09:53 AM

Intimidation goes a long way when you are 6'4+ and weigh 275+ lbs.
Fight back and have your ass kicked hard?

Jordan 04-08-2017 10:55 AM

These stories make me so angry. There is no reason to treat people with such negativity, to walk around through life thinking of ways to make people feel uncomfortable or even miserable about being in any given environment. He deserves the worst that life will give him. The failing of his fat body, getting stranded on some giant cliff he wants to climb, stumbling over his own feet walking down the ramp and busting out all of his teeth on the ground.... Well I guess me wishing ill on him is the same mindset he has when it comes to his victims. I'll relent on that. All I can say is that when life deals him a shitty hand, I won't feel bad.

#1-norm-fan 04-08-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 4953881)
Pretty much this. I've yet to hear any stories of JBL picking on a guy like Brock Lesnar (when he was a rookie).

Remember when he bullied Joey Styles and Styles knocked him on his ass and gave him a black eye? lol Good times. I wish there was videotape of that.

Frank Drebin 04-08-2017 11:25 AM

He seems like a guy that would sleep on his back and snore loudly. Break into his hotel room and put a knife in his mouth while he's sleeping. Wake him up slowly so he doesn't move much. Whisper various things into his ear about how it would be a shame if he got his tongue cut off and how this hotel doesn't even have security cameras. Tell him to open his mouth wider every 30 seconds. If you really want to drive it home how serious you are, jerk off onto his face. Use the fear as an aphrodisiac. He's too much of a homophobe to report this and tell everyone he got jerked off on.

The more you know. :y::wave:

Simple Fan 04-08-2017 01:11 PM

Always been a fan JBL. Could care less if he likes to pick on nerds.

Stickman 04-08-2017 01:15 PM

All of the above. Guys are pussies now but he is also a bully. He was a very mediocre performer so I don't get how he took the role of enforcer. Sounds like a complete prick

RP 04-08-2017 01:19 PM

No room for a guy like JBL in the business and it sounds like a ton of workers feel the same way. I hope WWE does the right thing, because i cant stand listening to him, knowing how much of a scumbag he really is.

Ruien 04-08-2017 01:44 PM

I would like to see you people stand up to JBL. Especially when the type of behavior is probably encouraged by other people laughing.

RP 04-08-2017 01:53 PM

I'd stab him in the face and piss on his chest

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-08-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4953917)
Have a laugh and rib them back. Life isnt that serious

I mean ideally you do what Joey Styles did which was amazing. And a lot of wrestling is based on having straight cahonas.

But Justin Roberts is a tiny man. I honestly just feel bad for him.

Same with Ranallo, he's a professional guy who loved wrestling but wrestling is too hard for a lot of people.

Though having played rugby, I "get" Bradshaw, but it's a professional environment. I can't help but feel bad for Roberts. And Bradshaw is obviously a prick. But I get what you mean by people being pussies. And even CyNick does make a half decent point about "there's a chance he was a big dipshit" if the whole locker room was hazing him. It's harsh but true.

But at the same time if all the weird rapey shenanigans JBL has pulled (allegedly) lead me to wondering about him. At the end of the day, he's a big scary fucking Texan and a generally powerful man. He takes liberties and he gets off on it.

I don't think he's the worst person in the world, but he is a scummy fucker, and a relic in this day and age. Wrestling needs passionate people like Ranallo. They don't need shitty commentators who bully people (Who knows if there's any actual truth in Bradshaw v Ranallo).

KIRA 04-08-2017 02:40 PM

Latent bisexual bully.

The CyNick 04-08-2017 02:46 PM

None of the people who I know who know him have a bad word to say about the guy.

For me personally, he's an entertaining TV character and given me some excellent financial advice. So I got only love for him.

Vastardikai 04-08-2017 03:21 PM

Jim Cornette has defended him recently. But there is a relatively good reason for this. He is gonna say "Mr. Cornette" when Jim is booking him. Bullies don't punch up. If Jimmy was a rookie, he would have been fucked with.

JBL wouldn't mess with people who had power, or could wreck him. There's a reason why he won't say anything bad or try anything with a Nakamura or a Lesnar.

Swiss Ultimate 04-08-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4953893)
The greatest wrestler ever and my all time favourite. Has been since the formation of the Acolytes

Better than Drago?

Swiss Ultimate 04-08-2017 03:25 PM

Didn't Joey Styles punch him?

Shadrick 04-08-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickman (Post 4953961)
All of the above. Guys are pussies now but he is also a bully. He was a very mediocre performer so I don't get how he took the role of enforcer. Sounds like a complete prick

This, sorta. I do think some of the instances were probably guys just getting ribbed and not being able to handle it well, but I'm not gonna say JBL probably didn't do some really openly fucked up stuff under the guise of "ribbing." Dude is bigger than most and a guy that's been around forever so he probably thinks he can do things and get away with them, which is a little fucked up.

Swiss Ultimate 04-08-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 4953970)
I mean ideally you do what Joey Styles did which was amazing. And a lot of wrestling is based on having straight cahonas.

But Justin Roberts is a tiny man. I honestly just feel bad for him.

Same with Ranallo, he's a professional guy who loved wrestling but wrestling is too hard for a lot of people.

Though having played rugby, I "get" Bradshaw, but it's a professional environment. I can't help but feel bad for Roberts. And Bradshaw is obviously a prick. But I get what you mean by people being pussies. And even CyNick does make a half decent point about "there's a chance he was a big dipshit" if the whole locker room was hazing him. It's harsh but true.

But at the same time if all the weird rapey shenanigans JBL has pulled (allegedly) lead me to wondering about him. At the end of the day, he's a big scary fucking Texan and a generally powerful man. He takes liberties and he gets off on it.

I don't think he's the worst person in the world, but he is a scummy fucker, and a relic in this day and age. Wrestling needs passionate people like Ranallo. They don't need shitty commentators who bully people (Who knows if there's any actual truth in Bradshaw v Ranallo).

Ok. Answered my q before I asked.

Swiss Ultimate 04-08-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 4953938)
He seems like a guy that would sleep on his back and snore loudly. Break into his hotel room and put a knife in his mouth while he's sleeping. Wake him up slowly so he doesn't move much. Whisper various things into his ear about how it would be a shame if he got his tongue cut off and how this hotel doesn't even have security cameras. Tell him to open his mouth wider every 30 seconds. If you really want to drive it home how serious you are, jerk off onto his face. Use the fear as an aphrodisiac. He's too much of a homophobe to report this and tell everyone he got jerked off on.

This is a pretty thought-out scenario.

GD 04-08-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadrick (Post 4953988)
This, sorta. I do think some of the instances were probably guys just getting ribbed and not being able to handle it well, but I'm not gonna say JBL probably didn't do some really openly fucked up stuff under the guise of "ribbing." Dude is bigger than most and a guy that's been around forever so he probably thinks he can do things and get away with them, which is a little fucked up.

Have you heard the story about what he did to Brian Christopher?

GD 04-08-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 4953938)

Jesus, Franky :lol: :wtf:

Frank Drebin 04-08-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiss (Post 4953990)

This is a pretty thought-out scenario.

Some of us think faster than others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru Dave (Post 4954018)
Jesus, Franky :lol: :wtf:

You laughed (and secretly filed it away for future reference).

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-08-2017 07:34 PM

3 but some 2.

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-08-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru Dave (Post 4953883)
And he blocked me on Twitter.

Why?

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-08-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 4953882)
Do WWE still promote that whole "Be a Star" thing?

Don't recall any of that crap on mania.

Destor 04-08-2017 07:58 PM

In 2017 its a minority opinion but i dont have any compassion for beta males. Man up, bullies can only exist if you're weak.