TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wrestlers concerned about Eddie Guerrero (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=20199)

LK 09-06-2004 05:00 AM

Wrestlers concerned about Eddie Guerrero

From the main page:

Many backstage are concerned about Eddie Guerrero. The feeling backstage is that Guerrero is showing signs of stress and is close to breaking down because of matters in WWE and outside the company.

Some believe Guerrero is being very hard on himself because of financial mistakes he has made in the past, and he also feel his reign as WWE Champion ended because of low ratings and poor attendance.

Jaton 09-06-2004 10:34 AM

That's very sad, he was the only reason I was watching SmackDown during his reign.

Cruiserweight 3:16 09-06-2004 11:27 AM

I can understand Eddie being concerned about low ratings and attendances, but he is being way too harsh on himself. The WWE has screwed up alot more this year than last in terms of PPV quality - I mean matches like Mordecai v Hardcore Holly and Kenzo Suzuki deserve to never happen even in dark matches, let alone PPV.

It's nice to know that Eddie is so passionate about the business and cares alot about ratings and attendences, but it's the WWE who have been booking way too many shows frequently and so demand is expected to be lower.

I've gotta say though, watching Eddie at house shows was the highlight of the nights, and I have met Eddie briefly backstage (which I know nobody probably believes) and he was nice enough to say hello and pat me on the back after he finished his dinner, unlike a certain moron that was sitting opposite me who currently holdes the WWE title.

Innovator 09-06-2004 11:31 AM

Eddie Guerrero > Sliced Bread > .................... > Hardcore Holly vs. A-Train > Smackdown

Rob 09-06-2004 01:44 PM

Eddie was the reason ANYONE was watching.

Danny Electric 09-06-2004 01:46 PM

That sucks for him, it's probably hard for him to not go back on the drugs. Hope he get's through it.

ColdwaVer 09-06-2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric
That sucks for him, it's probably hard for him to not go back on the drugs. Hope it get's through it.

Seriously, the last thing a recovering addict needs is that kind of pressure. Hopefully he can stay strong this time around.

Innovator 09-06-2004 01:57 PM

after seeing the special on him, he's the last guy who deserves the pressure

Mayo 09-06-2004 01:58 PM

Eddie is still the man, he is still great on the mic, and the bad PPV buyrates and Smackdown ratings have nothing to do with him. If anything, they would been much lower had it not been for him, and he single handedly carried the company about 2-3 months ago. I hope that he can get over this little slump and continue to entertain me the way that he always has.

Sephiroth 09-06-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
Eddie was the reason ANYONE was watching.

YOUR Hero 09-06-2004 02:53 PM

Someone needs to seriously tell Eddie he's an assset, not a liability. He's simply one of the best.

CANADIAN 09-06-2004 04:50 PM

Like everyone said, only reason to watch Smackdown and an asset...

Shadow 09-06-2004 05:22 PM

This is a man taking the blows for something he really can't control. This is a man who deserves everyone's respect and admiration. Eddie is...the Man.

Innovator 09-06-2004 05:24 PM

last time I'll say it

Eddie IS Smackdown

Volchok 09-06-2004 06:30 PM

Eddie is the man.. it sucks that he's going threw this...

Mr. JL 09-06-2004 06:41 PM

Like most said here... he WAS the reason that ANYONE was watching Smack Down!

MVP 09-06-2004 06:44 PM

Perhaps JBL, Kenzo Suzuki, Hardcore Holly, Chavo Guerrero Sr, and Jacqueline convinced Eddie that the faltering ratings were his fault instead of their own.

sensai86 09-06-2004 06:46 PM

Eddie I hope your reading this. You have nothing to do with this,Just keep up the good work.I know I'm not complaining. VIVA EDDIE GUERRERO!!!

V 09-06-2004 06:54 PM

Eddie was fucking amazing during his reign, well he always is, but damn he was GOLD during his reign, the only reason his reign ended was because Vince is a neo nazi, if only eddie realized that :(

Boondock Saint 09-06-2004 08:16 PM

Poor Eddie. :nono: He was a great champ. Here's hoping for the best for him.

loopydate 09-06-2004 09:17 PM

I felt so bad when I read this on the main page. As someone who's struggling with a bit of depression myself, I can only imagine how much tougher it must be for someone in Eddie's position, let alone knowing his history with substances.

I sincerely hope that he knows (or one of his close friends knows to tell him) that he can't control what's wrong with SmackDown and - if anything - he is about 87th on the list of people to blame for WWE's shortcomings.

Eddie Guerrero is the highlight of Thursday nights for me, typically, and I'd hate for something terrible to happen because he misperceives the situation.

YOUR Hero 09-06-2004 09:31 PM

...it's never 'wrong' to be critical of yourself, your accomplishments. Let me add that. This of course sounds like something completely different however. Unless of course, it an over blown story.

Gone Mad 09-06-2004 09:43 PM

Damn, poor Eddie. I hope he can get through this alright. He is definitely one of the best in the business if not the best and should look at his fellow wrestlers and with that, he will see that he is not at fault for low ratings.. especially when you have all the green in Kenzo, Heiden, Mordy, and the suck of Holly and JBL.

Corkscrewed 09-07-2004 04:01 AM

He should go on the internet and read these comments. As long as Brock doesn't catch him, he should feel better, since he is, by far, the best wrestler in the WWE in my opinion right now.

Bad News Gertner 08-07-2017 05:29 PM

You are all responsible for his death. You could have stopped Eddie from becoming Deadie.

Anybody Thrilla 08-07-2017 05:32 PM

Wow, such compassion in this thread, save Gertner. Kinda proud of 2004 TPWW.

owenbrown 08-07-2017 06:18 PM

I'm going to XWinner.com right now :shifty:

KIRA 08-07-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 4999456)
Wow, such compassion in this thread, save Gertner. Kinda proud of 2004 TPWW.

We've become cynical,jaded bastard covered bastards.

RP 08-08-2017 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LK (Post 553172)
From the main page:

Many backstage are concerned about Eddie Guerrero. The feeling backstage is that Guerrero is showing signs of stress and is close to breaking down because of matters in WWE and outside the company.

Some believe Guerrero is being very hard on himself because of financial mistakes he has made in the past, and he also feel his reign as WWE Champion ended because of low ratings and poor attendance.

He might be ok cocaine. I hope he doesnt die soon.