TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you currently playing? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=106492)

Black Widow 07-12-2014 01:06 AM

Super Mario 3D Land

Raven Reaper 07-12-2014 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 4467562)
Gamefly decided to send me CoD: Ghosts because every other game on my list was like low availability or something. Ghosts was one of those games I put on there just in case that situation occurred so I would at least get something. Gonna blaze thru the campaign and sent it back.

Intro to the game campaign is pretty awesome though, I'll admit. CoD still has it when it comes to awesome set-piece moments.

The missions were so fucking random from outerspace ala Gravity shooting terrorist astronauts to scuba diving shooting to Dog Attack unit espionage. At least, they got creative with it aside from drones and chopper attack unit missions! Call of Duty may be overrated but they surely stepped to the plate when it comes to making random missions aside from the typical nation vs nation world war scenarios alot.

Fignuts 07-12-2014 04:42 AM

Call of Duty multiplayer is certainly overrated, but I always have a blast with the campaign.

Ruien 07-14-2014 09:20 PM

Been playing Skyrim for awhile now. Is it suppose to be really easy? I am an archer.

Sepholio 07-15-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4469014)
Been playing Skyrim for awhile now. Is it suppose to be really easy? I am an archer.

It can be very easy. If you level your skills right you can become pretty tough in no time at all. It all depends on your playstyle and how many diff skills you are leveling in. I went for stealth skills and the like at start and found myself becoming godly in no time.

You can always crank up the difficulty slider, though. It's really the thing to do.

Sepholio 07-15-2014 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Reaper (Post 4467635)
The missions were so fucking random from outerspace ala Gravity shooting terrorist astronauts to scuba diving shooting to Dog Attack unit espionage. At least, they got creative with it aside from drones and chopper attack unit missions! Call of Duty may be overrated but they surely stepped to the plate when it comes to making random missions aside from the typical nation vs nation world war scenarios alot.

Yeah that one chopper attack mission in the middle of the campaign was kinda annoying tbh. The multifaceted one towards the very end (the one where you switch perspectives with a lot more variety)was much more enjoyable. All in all I am actually thinking this is my favorite CoD campaign yet. Hope they do something with the teaser at the end.

Raven Reaper 07-15-2014 06:28 AM

^ It's like Mission Impossible's Ghost Protocol plotline.

And the best part was of course Eminem's COD theme song Survival..

Right now, I'm trying to finish this game called Enemy Front. It's like Wolfenstein minus the zombie/cyborg plotline. Instead, you play a Polish soldier in 1939's Blitzkrieg beginning of WWII.

Ruien 07-15-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 4469346)
It can be very easy. If you level your skills right you can become pretty tough in no time at all. It all depends on your playstyle and how many diff skills you are leveling in. I went for stealth skills and the like at start and found myself becoming godly in no time.

You can always crank up the difficulty slider, though. It's really the thing to do.

Putting it to expert made it a lot more challenging. Especially not having Lydia at the very end against the dragons. Should have done that earlier in the game but oh well. 35 hours of time played Skyrim's main quest line is finished. Epic game, may do some of the other quest lines that I did not already do at a later time.

Polybius 07-15-2014 05:59 PM

SHOVEL KNIGHT - Love it so much.

DAMN iNATOR 07-15-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4469014)

Well, the game still scales enemies to your character's level. Also, if you get the "Legendary Edition" on disc or download that update the level 81 cap vanishes entirely and you can level your character up as much beyond that as you please.

Otherwise, you can still go into the options or settings menu and switch between the lowest difficulty (which I believe is "Very Easy" or somrthing like that) and the hardest ("Very Hard"?).

DAMN iNATOR 07-15-2014 10:18 PM

Also, just wrapped up TWAU Ep. 5.

Choices:

SPOILER: show
● Killed Georgie
● Brought Crooked Man back alive to face trial
● Ripped Crooked Man's head off
● Accepted T.J.'s gift for Snow
● Told Nerissa, "I've made a lot of mistakes."

There was one last decision for players to make before you're brought to the stats screen and credits, which I won't spoil here but let's just say I've already checked the TTG "Community" message boards and there's already discussion in TWAU message boards there about whether it effectively means "THE END" or whether there will indeed be a Season 2. I'm hoping for the latter as I believe the Ep. 5 conclusion leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

DAMN iNATOR 07-19-2014 01:28 AM

Was playing BL2 earlier, and even though I had to resort to a "trick" method, finally cleared the Torgue Tier 3 race mission and got around to clearing Tier 2 and 3 of the 12 O'Clock High battle with my 'Zerker and got the "Motorhead" achievement unlock.

Sitting on a pretty solid 1575/1625G now for it.

El Vaquero de Infierno 07-19-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4469667)
Putting it to expert made it a lot more challenging. Especially not having Lydia at the very end against the dragons. Should have done that earlier in the game but oh well. 35 hours of time played Skyrim's main quest line is finished. Epic game, may do some of the other quest lines that I did not already do at a later time.

I am on to around 66 hours of play and I've hardly touched the main quest; focused on the minor quests and levelling up my character for the inevitable showdown at the end.

I am up to level 100 destruction with master spells; lightening storm spell is bad arse.

(Christ, I am so sad.)

DAMN iNATOR 07-19-2014 02:08 PM

No, you are not El Vaq. I don't know if you've got the "Legendary" thing that allows you to level beyond 81 and take any skill you've maxed to 100 and go to the skills screen and reset it to 15, which also gives you back all your invested skill points in that tree back, but if not, it might be worth looking into.

El Vaquero de Infierno 07-19-2014 03:30 PM

I do have the Legendary edition. If I reset my destruction skill to 15, will that mean I will not be able to use the expert/master level spells or they will take a significant drain out of my magicka?

The Mask 07-19-2014 03:41 PM

I think you still would because you'd still have enough magicka and whatever armour to use it. Pro-tip though, with alchemy and enchanting you can make it so spells use no magicka whatsoever.

DAMN iNATOR 07-19-2014 04:43 PM

Yep. A lot of the spells take so much magicka that it would've been impossible to use them otherwise...700+ magicka cost just because it's a Master level skill? UGH.

DAMN iNATOR 07-19-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Vaquero de Infierno (Post 4471705)
I do have the Legendary edition. If I reset my destruction skill to 15, will that mean I will not be able to use the expert/master level spells or they will take a significant drain out of my magicka?

Dunno, I do know, however that any skill that's reset can be leveled back to 100, lather, rinse, repeat ad infinitum. So once you built your skill back up to Expert or Master level, at that point those skills should still cost the same as they did last time your skill was at 75 or 100 or whatever. Magicka costs do still decrease gradually with level gain.

I've sat around for hours taking one of the magic skills (Illusion, I think) and just spamming the fuck out of one of them. Forget which, but there's one or 2 that you don't actually have to be using in combat to level them up, and that doesn't just go for Illusion, I think Transmute in the Alteration school works like that too (converts Iron Ore -> Silver Ore and Silver Ore -> Gold Ore.)

Hope I helped at least a little.

Fignuts 07-20-2014 05:39 AM

Started Wolfenstein The New Order. It's fucking tits so far. Killing Nazi's has never been so satisfying. And I've killed hundreds of Nazis.

cnoslim 07-26-2014 02:39 PM

Total extreme wrestling 2013 -- current real world mod

Raven Reaper 07-26-2014 10:33 PM

Been playing alot of MMOFPS lately like this one:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8g7abL63Ay0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Sure, the bugs are random but hey, there's just something satisfying of blasting terrorist babes in Lara Croft outfits. :p

Point Blank Revolution is the latest update to this 2008 version.. yes, it's CT all over again but with gun toting babes. lol.

Garena is a good website for these type of games.

And of course, I played the shit out of this one as well:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uRlaVNNopVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Emperor Smeat 07-29-2014 04:15 PM

Sin & Punishment Star Successor
Batman Arkham Asylum

Didn't feel like finishing Separate Ways from Resident Evil 4.

Sepholio 08-01-2014 01:33 AM

Beat Super Mario 3D World and Bound by Flame.

I found Bound by Flame to be MUCH better than what most reviews have indicated. It isn't perfect, but it's like a 'B-movie' game, so I wasn't expecting it to be. Either way, I had a blast with it. It is also very hard.

Now I'm playing The Last of Us: Remastered. They took epic and made it epicer. Is that even a word? Who cares, it is now.

Destor 08-01-2014 11:05 AM

Rainbow moon/child of light/marvel avengers alliance

road doggy dogg 08-01-2014 11:15 AM

Getting some mileage out of my 3DS lately. Been playing Shovel Knight and just started Bravely Default.

Fenix122 08-01-2014 06:03 PM

Currently playing Titanfall again....and sucking tremendously at it.

Raven Reaper 08-02-2014 12:18 AM

Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker, the most frustrating are the stealth missions. I'm still stuck on the 1st one after the tutorial because the camera angles really trolls my controls. When I press stick to the left, the cam goes right and vice versa and Snake dies too many times.. Yeah, I suck at stealth.. But sometimes, shooting is the best. :p

Mr Burns 08-02-2014 11:59 AM

skyRIM

Sepholio 08-07-2014 01:06 AM

Dicking around a bit with Fez when not playing TLoU. Fez is.....mindboggling.

Sepholio 08-07-2014 10:22 PM

100% fez on ps4. Unlocks true stereoscopic 3d now instead of red/blue 3d. Pretty trippy.

But now I'm left wondering wtf is with the heart cubes in the 64 cube door room. Seems like there is no purpose other than the code to make it dissolve, but then what? Fuck this game messes with the brain.

Taft 08-07-2014 10:26 PM

i've been playing Dark Souls for about 8 months now and have not been able to make it out of Undead Burg like the first area

drave 08-08-2014 06:30 AM

I didn't find Dark Souls as great as everyone makes it out to be. I definitely appreciate the difficulty, it is nice to have a challenge. The controls were pretty horrible though, everything felt incredibly clunky.

Ultra Mantis 08-09-2014 05:04 PM

Dark Souls is incredible, it's not supposed to be all out action fluid hack and slash combo specials, you do pretty much have to "learn how to walk" though. I find the combat very satisfying, outside of Capra Demon it's never really unfair.

Raven Reaper 08-10-2014 09:33 PM

Pineview Drive. It's like Amnesia meets Dungeon Nightmares because you spend days unlocking doors and collecting notes. And the intro at the gates is so much like Outlast. It has 30 days all in all or 30 levels cos everytime you collect notes, you start a new day with new hauntings ranging from PSSSST voices coming out of nowhere or ghostly children swinging outside the backyard. O__O.

This game may cause sleepless nights to come.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...77131416_n.jpg

RoXer 08-10-2014 09:35 PM

Pineview Drive is Fucking Shit

Raven Reaper 08-10-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoXer (Post 4485677)
Pineview Drive is Fucking Shit

the atmosphere with the abandoned mansion and thunderstorms made me shit bricks. I just needed to take a break from all the usual RPG/shooting games 3rd person genre for some cheap-ass jumpscares that's all.

Better yet, this game is like a Gone Home style of storyline but with the horror elements like that sitting clown or the pictures on the wall turning into ghosts! If you think the game is shit, how come I wasn't able to sleep last night when I'm still stuck on Day 7 on the mansion? Fuuck.

Raven Reaper 08-15-2014 09:20 PM

Five Nights At Freddy's. How the fuck do you survive this? I click on cams all the time. And night 1: I'm already game over. Do I need to close doors aside from "conserving" camera power usage?

teamXtremist 08-16-2014 12:26 AM

Wwe super card on my ipad ,not bad lol kinda addicting

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-16-2014 01:47 AM

I'm 8 and 0. Thanks to my top guy Jey!

When I say Us y'all say O!

US

OHhhhhhhhhhhhh!

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-16-2014 02:09 AM

The streak is over at 10-1.