TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What podcasts/online radio shows do you follow? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=129117)

Jordan 04-02-2015 10:53 PM

What podcasts/online radio shows do you follow?

There are a bunch out there list the ones you regularly listen to. These have made being a wrestling fan really fun in a new way. Like real sports.

I am a subscriber at f4wonline basically just for their podcasts and radio shows, I listen to them all for the most part. I always catch Austin's two shows and Jericho's if the guest is wrestling related or of interest to me. I don't too often listen to the solo Austin shows or the segments with his wife, those have run their course for me. I do pretty much every episode of The Ross Report. My new favorite is Taz. He has a radio show every day which is great, his producer Seth is great, and he's just really good on radio. And he has a podcast, I don't know if he is gonna keep doing both, that's a lot of talking but, I try to go through them all...

I cannot stand The Jim Cornette Experience, it's so fucking bad. He's a psycho and I just don't like it. I also didn't like Piper's podcast because it was sloppy as hell and just totally disjointed. Chael Sonnen's podcast really fail for me too, too much of him is not a good thing.

For me I really enjoy Taz and Jericho the most.

Juan 04-02-2015 11:17 PM

Austin and Jericho pretty regularly. JR if he has a good guest. F4W/WO usually after a PPV just hear them review it/get their take.

Mr. Nerfect 04-02-2015 11:23 PM

I've been listening to lots of Jim Cornette recently. I've decided I love him.

Mr. Nerfect 04-02-2015 11:23 PM

Your gif is awesome, Fragile.

Bad News Gertner 04-02-2015 11:27 PM

Alice Radley makes the Jim Cornette podcast unlistenable, although I love me some Starmaker Bolin.

I'll listen to JR's, Jericho's and Stone Cold if they have guest that I want to hear. Can't wait to hear Superstar Graham on Ross's next week.

Jordan 04-02-2015 11:42 PM

Give Taz a shot, it's great stuff.

Schlomey 04-02-2015 11:51 PM

Anyone given Pipers Pit a listen?

Bad News Gertner 04-03-2015 12:02 AM

Lol it's so bad

Poit 04-03-2015 12:19 AM

Game Buoy
Qoopa Klub
The Kingdom of Loathing Podcast
Video Games Hot Dog
Overthinking It
The Giant Bombcast
Idle Thumbs

Poit 04-03-2015 12:42 AM

Oh, I thought this thread was in casual. I guess I shouldn't have posted all those non-wrestling podcasts.

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 12:44 AM

Alice Radley was jarring at first, but I've gotten used to her and find her kind of infectious now. I'll listen to JR's when I'm interested in the guest too.

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 12:44 AM

Starmaker Bolin is great.

Bad News Gertner 04-03-2015 01:19 AM

Lol follow him on facebook

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-03-2015 05:49 AM

Gotten into PWTorchlive cast for WrestleMania season.

Occasionally listen to Austin or JR.

XL 04-03-2015 06:23 AM

I regularly listen to JR, Austin, Jericho, and Cabana, as well as our own TLP, and Square Circled Gazette.

Tend to skip the non-wrestling guests on Austin/Jericho, skip the shows without guests for Austin too. Sometimes takes me a while to get around to listening to some of Cabana's stuff depending on the guest.

Usually listen on the way to/from work.

MoFo 04-03-2015 06:35 AM

Love Jericho.

Hate Austin's podcasts b/c he has guests phone in on shitty lines half the time and I cant undersAnd.

hb2k 04-03-2015 09:18 AM

Austin is the best podcast host, but I think he's been struggling for great guests of late, his best shows are always his contemporaries that he can shoot the shit with and recount old tales, or shows he has with Meltzer as those two blend together so well.

Any Meltzer show on F4W. As a darkhose there is a YouTube page called "TheFDHLounge" that has done history of Mania and Summerslam anthologies that are awesome, and are currently reviewing every Royal Rumble ever, and there's worth checking out.

Innovator 04-03-2015 10:02 AM

-TALKING SHOP BUDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY
-Occasionally check out Gallows's other podcast on podcast one
-Stone Cold
-AOW
-Jericho when the guest is wrestling
-Cheap Heat
-The LAW
-Occasionally Straight Shoot
-TLP

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 10:07 AM

I've been meaning to check out the podcasts the guys here do too, since I've heard tremendous things from you guys. No disrespect, hb2k, Poit and co., but I just didn't do the whole podcast thing until recently.

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 10:10 AM

By the way, is it weird to anyone else that Dave Meltzer does these podcasts with Stone Cold Steve Austin and the like? Just in the sense that he's the ultimate outsider with the inside scoop and then you've got the highest grossing star professional wrestling has ever had having a good ol' chat like they're best buddies. Meltzer tries to do a reputable job and has a lot of love and respect for the business and all, but it's surreal to think of how technology has just brought these two worlds together.

SNLfunnyguy 04-03-2015 10:30 AM

Taz has been surprisingly good. Loved the RVD episode.

Austin when he has a wrestling guest on. Can't be doing with the hunting stuff at all.

Bad News Gertner 04-03-2015 10:38 AM

Kenny Starmaker Bolin has a podcast. It's pretty funny, but I have to recommend everyone download the episode where he has Jim Cornette on. It's the funniest hour I've ever heard on a podcast. They just make fun of each other for an hour and I was literally in tears.

It's called " The Bolin Alley."
<audio controls>
<source src="http://www.podcastgarden.com/login/audio-4/4665/ba3.mp3"
type='audio/mp3'>
</audio><a href="http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/the-bolin-alley-s7-e3-with-special-guest-jim-cornette_18767" target="_blank"><br />powered by podcast garden</a>

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 10:41 AM

I'm going to check that out. :y:

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 10:50 AM

I've become a bit of a mark for Jim Cornette. A lot of what I had heard about him was that he was "too old school," but listening to him speak, he really just loves professional wrestling and despises sports entertainment. I really think that if he were booking a company that didn't piss on his leg, he could put forward some pretty good, simplistic storylines. The kind we are digging in NXT.

Also, going back and watching some of his stuff as a manager. The dude could fucking talk. I watched The Great American Bash '89, and he's basically playing a face character feuding with Paul Heyman, despite being a heel for almost the entirety of his career. He and Heyman cut these promos on each other that are the sort of thing that make you wish they were 6'5, 260lbs wrestling marvels themselves, because you wanted to see that pay-off. He and Heyman are two guys that can make money with their mouths. As a performer, the dude just "gets it." It's no wonder he was chosen to head up developmental when they brought OVW under their umbrella.

In a dream world, Jim Cornette managing someone against Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman is money waiting to be printed.

hb2k 04-03-2015 11:26 AM

Cornette is awesome. Seeing his spoken word tour in Birmingham last year re-emphasised my absolute love of James E.

I recommend his promos on Bill Watts in 1984 when the Midnights go to Mid-South for a tour de force in how to be an obnoxious prick.

One of my all time favourite Cornette lines is from Smoky Mountain when the Heavenly Bodies attacked Robert Gibson's father which went:

Cornette: "And then I walked right up to him and knocked his lights out"
Tom Pritchard: "Wait, that was me"
Cornette: "Oh yeh that's right, I kicked him when he was down."

Jordan 04-03-2015 03:08 PM

I can listen to Cornette talk about wrestling... for about a minute. To be blunt, Jim is a HATER. I've tried his podcast on three episodes, after barely getting through his extremely righteous thoughts on politics and social issues, you finally get to hear him eviscerate whatever topic he decides to ramble on about. And the shows are never current.

Now I'm also a little down on Jim Ross. Especially when he's in one his moods where he is going to try and be "funny" and bust some balls. His jokes come off really poorly and verge on inappropriate at times. He was on Taz's show digging for a laugh and decided to poke at John Gaburick saying the reason he hired Awesome Kong was because she was nearly as round as he was. Taz and Seth were silent for a moment, and then moved on. He is kind of a dick.

Jordan 04-03-2015 03:11 PM

Now a lot of people on the board at f4wonline seem to HAAAATE Jericho lately. I really think he is the best at talking to his guests and asking questions that the fans (or me) want asked. His most recent show had a fantastic burial of the fans at the Hall of Fame ceremony this year for being total dickheads during the show. Go listen just to hear his rising anger, it was kind of increadible.

Emperor Smeat 04-03-2015 03:55 PM

Mostly just TLP with the occasional Stone Cold and Jericho podcast episodes.

Jordan 04-03-2015 04:46 PM

Torch subscribers, why did you go there over Wrestling Observer? Just curious.

I'm much more partial to The Observer because they also cover MMA, are more mainstream, and seem to have more connections, plus its Meltzer, though I really like Bryan Alvarez a lot too, especially on audio.

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-03-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragile X (Post 4611004)
Torch subscribers, why did you go there over Wrestling Observer? Just curious.

I'm much more partial to The Observer because they also cover MMA, are more mainstream, and seem to have more connections, plus its Meltzer, though I really like Bryan Alvarez a lot too, especially on audio.

I'm not a subscriber but I do listen to the Torch's podcasts. I could care less about MMA and I dislike Dave Meltzer for naming Gorilla Monsoon the worst announcer for many years. He is dead to me.

Star-rating is dumb and he jerks off too much Japanese stars in them.

Jordan 04-03-2015 05:01 PM

I can see why you'd think that way. But the stars are never really mentioned beyond the observer articles and never really discussed.

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-03-2015 05:06 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AiUwcLI00a8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is no defense.

Innovator 04-03-2015 05:06 PM

It pains me there aren't more listeners for Talking Shop

Tazz Dan 04-03-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 4610853)
-Jericho when the guest is wrestling

Oh, I see..... :'(

Bad News Gertner 04-03-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4611011)
I'm not a subscriber but I do listen to the Torch's podcasts. I could care less about MMA and I dislike Dave Meltzer for naming Gorilla Monsoon the worst announcer for many years. He is dead to me.

Star-rating is dumb and he jerks off too much Japanese stars in them.

Meltzet and his subscribers were very pro-JCP.

Innovator 04-03-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazz Dan (Post 4611088)
Oh, I see..... :'(

You're more wrestling than John Cena BROTHER

Disturbed316 04-03-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoFo (Post 4610812)
Love Jericho.

Hate Austin's podcasts b/c he has guests phone in on shitty lines half the time and I cant undersAnd.

This

Jordan 04-03-2015 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 4611021)
It pains me there aren't more listeners for Talking Shop

What's this?

Bad News Gertner 04-03-2015 07:53 PM

It's a show on MLW radio. They have sone great podcasts with Court Bauer and Kevin Sullivan

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 08:03 PM

I do enjoy listening to Court Bauer. I'm not a subscriber, so I cannot listen to Kevin Sullivan's. Is it worth it?

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragile X (Post 4610969)
I can listen to Cornette talk about wrestling... for about a minute. To be blunt, Jim is a HATER. I've tried his podcast on three episodes, after barely getting through his extremely righteous thoughts on politics and social issues, you finally get to hear him eviscerate whatever topic he decides to ramble on about. And the shows are never current.

Now I'm also a little down on Jim Ross. Especially when he's in one his moods where he is going to try and be "funny" and bust some balls. His jokes come off really poorly and verge on inappropriate at times. He was on Taz's show digging for a laugh and decided to poke at John Gaburick saying the reason he hired Awesome Kong was because she was nearly as round as he was. Taz and Seth were silent for a moment, and then moved on. He is kind of a dick.

Yeah, Jim is a hater. Of sports entertainment. It's hard to say this without flashes of "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT!" popping up, but Jim laments for the days when two guys wouldn't like each other, they'd say nasty shit to each other, then they would wrestle for a championship. Wrestling unicorns and hockey players are what makes Jim Cornette vomit in his mouth.

In his latest podcast, he talks about Seth Rollins. He clearly loves the guy. He tells a good story about how Seth almost went to TNA, but Cornette told him to question Terry Taylor on some things on the contract he was offered, and in that time the WWE offered him a deal. Listening to his podcasts, I very rarely hear anything I disagree with. I think if he and I were watching WrestleMania together, he'd like the same things I liked and dislike the same things that didn't sit well with me. And the things we didn't agree upon, I'm sure he'd educate me on. And I'd also need to replace a window after a tennis racket got thrown through it...

Man, such a retroactive mark for James E. at the moment.

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 08:12 PM

Also, the dude has a photographic memory. You get him started on a subject and he's like "Oh yeah, that was May of 1989, in this city, with this attendance number, and such and such's wife was there, and this match went on second, and -- heh, heh, funny story about that guy --". I think I heard him forget what the sound guy's cat's name was at a spot show in '82 was once.

And I don't hear anyone call him on talking shit or anything like that. No one is like "Oh, you can't trust a thing that comes out of Jim Cornette's mouth." He's just a guy that knows a lot about wrestling, and clearly loves it.

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-03-2015 08:25 PM

He wrote everything down. Not sure if that counts as Photograpic memory. He just took a shitton of notes.

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4611161)
He wrote everything down. Not sure if that counts as Photograpic memory. He just took a shitton of notes.

Oh, yeah. I don't actually know the guy's capacity for the retention of details, so I shouldn't have used the word "photographic" literally. I was just putting the guy over. But even so with the notes -- unless he has Deep Blue coding and referencing them -- he seems to be able to call them up too fast to not have a pretty good idea of what happened back in the day.

Jordan 04-03-2015 08:36 PM

I did enjoy his story about Seth Rollins. And you are right he's very much the essence of "it's still real to me dammit!", it's nice to have that territory perspective on the state of the business today ... I'm glad you enjoy it. I think I feel just as strongly about Taz's perspective.

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 08:48 PM

I might give Taz's a listen to. :y:

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 08:59 PM

I had a general knowledge of the territories (like I knew that The Rolling Stones are a band that formed in the 60's), but I never really dived in and got an understanding of the particulars until I listened to Corny. There are some ideas that would genuinely work today. And in some ways, the WWE seem to be heading back to those ideas.

Brock Lesnar was sort of like the traveling champion (although he didn't work anywhere else). The same with The Rock really. NXT could really benefit by having some sort of "sister" development promotion that it can trade talent with, send guys away to prevent them from overexposure, and allow them to perform in front of different crowds.

As I've said in another thread, I've become borderline obsessed with this idea of having Jerry Lawler head up a new development promotion in Memphis. He and Bill Dundee are fighting to preserve an arena down there. The WWE should just buy it and have Lawler and Dundee run shows out of there with WWE talent and development guys and girls that are being trained at a wrestling school that can be run by Dr. Tom, Tracy Smothers Brian Kendrick, Cheerleader Melissa, Norman Smiley, Goldust and Vader, with Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, Zeb Colter and Victoria as veteran talent/consultants. Give them TV on the Network and have some top stars work the show for a few weeks to give it some presence.

Theo Dious 04-03-2015 09:00 PM

Austin, Jericho, and JR regularly. Sometimes Piper. Cornette is the BEST podcast guest and the WORST host. Listen to Squared Circle Gazette Radio too. Sometimes Piper but he need to take some damn Ritalin or something.

Mr. Nerfect 04-03-2015 09:05 PM

I think that's why Cornette has Alice Radley there, to sort of reel him in.

Innovator 04-03-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragile X (Post 4611123)
What's this?

It's a half hour show on MLW with Machine Gun Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows (both usually drunk), Young Bucks, and a whoever is on tour over in Japan. Too sweet me.

Jordan 04-03-2015 10:44 PM

I've been meaning to give that a try.

Bad News Gertner 04-04-2015 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4611150)
I do enjoy listening to Court Bauer. I'm not a subscriber, so I cannot listen to Kevin Sullivan's. Is it worth it?

It's awesome. His show with MSL is worth it by itself.

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-04-2015 12:09 AM

Former WWE writer or the crazy one?

Bad News Gertner 04-04-2015 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4611196)
I think that's why Cornette has Alice Radley there, to sort of reel him in.

I hate her fake voice and I hate when she interjects herself into Cornette's interviews.

Bad News Gertner 04-04-2015 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4611288)
Former WWE writer or the crazy one?

He's an indie wrestler.

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-04-2015 12:25 AM

I meant Sullivan. Not the Taskmaster?

Fignuts 04-04-2015 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4611020)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AiUwcLI00a8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is no defense.

I feel like a new version of Prime Time Wrestling would be a great show for the network, but for the life of me I can't think of anyone who could succeed Heenan and Monsoon.

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-04-2015 12:43 AM

They're plenty of goofballs in WWE but no "Will You Stop/" "cut that shit out" guys/gals. I don't think it's possible.

Theo Dious 04-04-2015 07:30 AM

They'd never let anybody be that real. The closest they could come would be a HHH/HBK show. Hunter could be all "I'm wearing a suit and wrestling is serious business" while Shawn could look like his homeless backwoods self and portray upcoming events with action figures.

"Up next we have the Ascension vs the Usos!"
"Shawn that's not the Ascension that's you in brown chaps and you in green chaps."
"I know but the Ascension doesn't have toys yet!"

Theo Dious 04-04-2015 07:33 AM

My heart just broke a little knowing that this will never happen.

Kris P Lettus 04-04-2015 08:47 AM

The Stone Cold Steve Austin Show is the only wrestling podcast I listen to regularly.

Bad News Gertner 04-04-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4611292)
I meant Sullivan. Not the Taskmaster?

The Taskmaster. Their show looks at WCW week by week and talks about sifferent storylines, the reasoning behind decisions made etc... It's very interesting.

Bad News Gertner 04-04-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4611294)
I feel like a new version of Prime Time Wrestling would be a great show for the network, but for the life of me I can't think of anyone who could succeed Heenan and Monsoon.

Not at all saying this guy is remotely on Heenan's level, but Brad Maddox could fill the Heenan role. I got that Heenan vibe from him when he did commentary on Main Event.

Evil Vito 04-04-2015 11:03 AM

<font color=goldenrod>I pretty much just listen whenever a guest interests me on Jericho/Austin/Colt's podcasts although I'm way behind. Used to go through a shitload of podcasts at work but can't really listen to them there anymore.

Also I've enjoyed the Attitude Era podcast where they review all of the PPVs of that era. It used to be weekly but recently they've only done like 1 PPV a month. SummerSlam 2000 is next so really they need to stretch it out as presumably the show will be finished by the time they review WrestleMania 17.</font>

Theo Dious 04-04-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4611356)
Not at all saying this guy is remotely on Heenan's level, but Brad Maddox could fill the Heenan role. I got that Heenan vibe from him when he did commentary on Main Event.

Maddox and JR could do something good on that level. Not saying it would be as good, but it would be there thing and it could strike a similar chord.

Seth82 04-04-2015 03:22 PM

Jim Cornette's is the only one I usually have to listen to every week.

his "Feud" with Kenny Bolin has entertained me too.

Cornette has a sharp mind when it comes to the history of the business. Just watch his shoot from 2000 and you'll get a glimpse of it.

I love the fact that to this day he's still a big fan and has always stayed one. His collection is out of this world amazing.

Anybody Thrilla 04-04-2015 06:32 PM

Always Squared Circle Gazette. So good. Sometimes Jericho. Sometimes Cabana. Sometimes Austin. Sometimes TLP.

GD 04-05-2015 04:08 AM

Almost all Live Audio Wrestling Podcasts
TLP :shifty:

Bad News Gertner 04-08-2015 11:20 AM

Superstar Billy Graham is on Jim Ross's podcast this week. Just downloaded it. Can't wait to listen tonight

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-08-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Dious (Post 4611346)
My heart just broke a little knowing that this will never happen.

http://www.wwe.com/f/video/thumb/201...rn_seg2rev.jpg

Here is a new Prime Time Players shirt using the Prime Time logo from Prime Time Wrestling. Not on sale yet though I don't think.

Heyman 04-09-2015 01:37 PM

Every once in awhile, I'll listen to something on WrestleTalk TV.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll 04-11-2015 05:49 AM

I've tried listening to Roddy Piper's podcast, but he's such a terrible interviewer. He can't keep his mouth shut while his guests are trying to answer his questions.

erickman 04-13-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoJabbaNoBogRoll (Post 4614699)
I've tried listening to Roddy Piper's podcast, but he's such a terrible interviewer. He can't keep his mouth shut while his guests are trying to answer his questions.

the worst part is he tells the same storys every week but he gets the best guests like this week ronda rousey.

drave 04-13-2015 10:20 AM

RHONDA GOD DAMNIT!!!

drave 04-13-2015 10:20 AM

:D

erickman 04-13-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 4615294)
RHONDA GOD DAMNIT!!!

she said her dad wanted a son so no h in her name

Jordan 04-17-2017 11:36 PM

Bumping.

What are you listening to now?

I listen to What Happened When... Jericho... and E&C (but I don't "love" it), sometimes Bischoff.

Rarely listen to JR and Austin anymore unless they have an interesting guest. Not interesting in X-Pac's, Prichard, Cornette, Raven or Killing the Town.

Generally not interested in any fan podcasts, only commentators I listen to are from F4Wonline.

Tazz used to be my favorite way back when he started but what the fuck happened to him, he is such a loser now.

The MAC 04-18-2017 02:27 AM

• Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard

• Cornette's Drive Thru (now that its free

• Talk is Jericho (depending on guest)

• OSW reviews on youtube

• Ross Report (depending on guest)

• Squared Circle Gazzette (depending on topic)

mike adamle 04-18-2017 06:09 AM

Everyone is doing themselves a disservice not listening to Keepin' it 100 with Konnan, Disco Inferno, and KG.

Bad News Gertner 04-18-2017 07:18 AM

Between the Sheets (Best wrestling podcast around hands down)
6:05 Superpodcast
Place to be Podcast
Cornette's Drive Thru
What Happened When

Bruce Prichard's podcast is unlistenable

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-18-2017 08:33 AM

love how much Gerty hates Prichard. Prichard deserves it, he's a bit of a wang, but I kind of listen as a guilty pleasure.

Have a soft sport for Schiavonne's podcast.

Evil Vito 04-18-2017 08:57 AM

I still listen to the Attitude Era podcast whenever a new episode comes out. They finished WrestleMania 17 a year or so ago and then took some time off before doing overall retrospectives.

And now they're reviewing stuff where WWE has attempted to "re-create" the Attitude Era, mostly focused on all of the PPVs Rock was in from 2011-2013.

Although they did a bonus ep on MITB 2011, going in viewing it as one of the best PPVs of all time and coming out of it thinking it was nowhere near as good as they remembered. Makes me want to re-watch again, I've seen the PPV a few times and have always loved it.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-18-2017 09:20 AM

Yeah love AE Podcast. Bunch of great guys. New Gen podcast I'd rate higher though.

Evil Vito 04-18-2017 09:28 AM

I haven't checked that one out yet but have heard good things, will need to give it a listen one of these days.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-18-2017 09:30 AM

My only beef with AE podcast is they tend to report rumours as facts, but for the most part everything they do is for the love of wrestling.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-18-2017 09:30 AM

Kefin is also super cool, but nowhere NEAR as funny as he tries to be. (though he still has his moments).

Evil Vito 04-18-2017 09:31 AM

A spin-off of the AE Podcast from Kefin is How2Wrestling, basically the idea is that he's trying to get his gf into wrestling so there are eps focused on different wrestlers, match types, PPVs, etc.

Actually interesting hearing an outsider's perspective on things. Also the strategy of what matches to pick if you wanted to get someone into wrestling. Nobody's gonna want to sit through a 45-60 minute match right out of the gate if they're unfamiliar with wrestling, no matter how good that match might be.

Evil Vito 04-18-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 4957487)
Kefin is also super cool, but nowhere NEAR as funny as he tries to be. (though he still has his moments).

Yeah I'd agree with that, some of the references he makes are a bit overdone. I like him more on How2Wrestling, personally

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-18-2017 09:37 AM

Even then he still misfires with his jokes, there's one where they talk about Jack Swagger's ankle lock and start riffing and he is just cringey. He just has Jo to balance him out though and she is delightful.

Dude is a podcasting machine though. Also, his JR, Stone Cold and HHH impressions make me laugh my ass off. He should just stick to those lol.

Stewart from NewGen is more impressive in that he researches everything. Plus the details of the matches are more indepth. If you like "workrate" and talking about "workrate" and nuances in the ring, you'll love NewGen. But he's also not a snob about anything. Just a passionate fan.

The MAC 04-18-2017 12:36 PM

I hope you enjoy this :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xJgdawxbbSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bad News Gertner 04-18-2017 12:42 PM

Fragile X hates Cornette because Fragile is a God Squader

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-18-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MAC (Post 4957547)
I hope you enjoy this :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xJgdawxbbSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OSW is the dopest

The CyNick 04-18-2017 06:00 PM

I enjoyed the stone cold podcasts with Triple H and Vince.

I also recommend my own.

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-18-2017 09:32 PM

what is it. I want to fucking listen so badly. unless you're being a pooey old troll.

Jordan 04-18-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4957548)
Fragile X hates Cornette because Fragile is a God Squader

:yes:

No, I just don't care for his opinions. He's the Alex Jones of Pro Wrestling.

Bad News Gertner 04-19-2017 11:44 AM

Also, you guys know the Prichard vs Meltzer feud is being made up by Bruce right? Prichard was actually one of Dave's sources and just created this feud on his show for entertainment

Ol Dirty Dastard 04-19-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4958090)
Also, you guys know the Prichard vs Meltzer feud is being made up by Bruce right? Prichard was actually one of Dave's sources and just created this feud on his show for entertainment

https://scontent.fyyz1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...67&oe=58F9AA7B

Jordan 04-19-2017 12:53 PM

Once I highly criticized Dave on the board and he responded to me and I was like... "I'm sorry".

I was mad he wasn't breaking the scoops like some of the other guys.