TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pokemon Go (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=131892)

Ruien 07-11-2016 10:34 PM

Pokemon Go

Suprised there isn't a thread about this already.

Can someone fI'll me in on why this game is awesome? I played it but wasn't able to use my pokemon to battle. Can you battle?

Also, how long will this fad last? This is all over my Facebook. At least I don't have to read about Hilary or Donald anymore.

Mercenary 07-11-2016 11:17 PM

It will last till people start getting killed/kill someone trying to catch a mewtwo that is in the middle of a busy intersection.

Outsider 07-12-2016 06:09 AM

I am yet to really understand how this game works. Haven't caught a thing yet.

But my work desk is within range of a Pokestop, so I have a lot of balls.

Is this good? I think this is good.

Destor 07-12-2016 11:54 AM

Winter, it will last until Winter

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-12-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outsider (Post 4832653)
I am yet to really understand how this game works. Haven't caught a thing yet.

But my work desk is within range of a Pokestop, so I have a lot of balls.

Is this good? I think this is good.

Click on the Pokemon that turns on your camera. Throw a pokemon to land on its head without a bounce.

Captured.

Ruien 07-12-2016 01:31 PM

That's it? Where is the strategy or anything being hard?

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-12-2016 01:36 PM

Some harder pokemon can escape from traps need to do it a few times to catch em.

ClockShot 07-12-2016 01:50 PM

And don't go to points in the middle of nowhere. You might get robbed.

Sepholio 07-12-2016 08:25 PM

Kane Knight has been known to frequent rural pokestops late at night.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-13-2016 01:47 AM

Are his favorites fire based?

Outsider 07-13-2016 04:45 AM

Managed to catch a few things now. Although annoyingly seem to find much better pokemon while driving. Think this game might kill me.

Heisenberg 07-13-2016 01:58 PM

If you like exercising and Pokémon then it's the perfect game for you

Curtis 07-14-2016 11:02 AM

Everyone at work is playing this and kept asking me about it since I'm a "nerd" and play video games and were surprised when I said I haven't played it and aren't interested in it.

It's a total normie game.

The original Gameboy pokemon games were the only ones I liked.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-14-2016 01:10 PM

So, a game that people actually like and want to talk about and you won't play it? I think you might be hopeless.

Curtis 07-14-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4833351)
So, a game that people actually like and want to talk about and you won't play it? I think you might be hopeless.

I'm not refusing to play it or anything but it just doesn't look interesting in any way.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-14-2016 01:21 PM

So fake it to fit it. People are interested in something related to stuff you like

Curtis 07-14-2016 06:31 PM

The guy from Red Pill Philosophy made a good video related to this,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D5SP0ErEwV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Ruien 07-14-2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4833355)
So fake it to fit it. People are interested in something related to stuff you like

I am sure if he liked it he would be playing it. If he has to fake it obviously he does not like it.

Curtis 07-14-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4833480)
I am sure if he liked it he would be playing it. If he has to fake it obviously he does not like it.

Exactly but I think Slicky means liking video games. I do like video games but people aren't going to be talking about Shadow Warrior, Hatred or Dirty Bomb (To name 3 last games I played on steam).

Heisenberg 07-15-2016 11:08 AM

Hatred and Shadow Warrior are the goods

Droford 07-15-2016 07:37 PM

I think it's funny the Government has nothing to do so they need to regulate Pokemon so no one walks off a cliff again

Cool King 07-15-2016 07:42 PM

Some kids here got stuck 100ft underground in a cave today while searching for Pokémon.

Lock Jaw 07-15-2016 07:49 PM

Did they at least catch a Zubat?

Cool King 07-15-2016 07:55 PM

Sadly, they did not.

Ruien 07-16-2016 02:35 PM

Decided to give this game a real shot. Level 3. Have a bunch of lame pokemon. Did catch a Zubat though. He's only semi terrible.

Ruien 07-16-2016 02:36 PM

If it says Pokémon is nearby is there anyways to grt directions where it is?

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-16-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4833778)
Did they at least catch a Zubat?

I caught a Zubat last night.

30 feet from my apartment.

Fignuts 07-16-2016 07:58 PM

As popular as this game is, it seems like it is even more popular to announce you don't play it, and shame people that do. Lots of "turn in your man card" memes and shit.

I have a handful of friends who have served in the marines. They all love the game. I would pay money to see one of those keyboard warriors to walk up to one of them and tell them to "turn in their man card". Lots of money.

I mean, they wouldn't actually do it. Because anyone who needs to follow a bunch of made up rules on what to like and what not to like just to justify their manhood, is an insecure little bitch, and wouldn't have the guts. A man can dream though.

Fignuts 07-16-2016 07:58 PM

Sorry. Had to rant. Seeing that shit everywhere and the rage was building.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-16-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4834047)
As popular as this game is, it seems like it is even more popular to announce you don't play it, and shame people that do. Lots of "turn in your man card" memes and shit.

I have a handful of friends who have served in the marines. They all love the game. I would pay money to see one of those keyboard warriors to walk up to one of them and tell them to "turn in their man card". Lots of money.

I mean, they wouldn't actually do it. Because anyone who needs to follow a bunch of made up rules on what to like and what not to like just to justify their manhood, is an insecure little bitch, and wouldn't have the guts. A man can dream though.

Yep, Heisenbergs facebook page is full of them but he is shaming people who are trying to shame players. Shame on those shamers. SHAME!

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-16-2016 09:22 PM

Just took over my first gym. Team Valor is in the house!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AIrcjgj1rRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool King 07-17-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4834048)
Sorry. Had to rant. Seeing that shit everywhere and the rage was building.

Yeah, seeing that stuff annoys me too.

What I have noticed is that the people who are usually complaining about it being "stupid" or "kid's shit" or whatever, are usually the same people who think it's "hilarious" or "cool" to take a picture of themselves with cartoon dogs ears and so on. I have seen a lot of people saying that Pokémon Go players need to "grow up", but these tend to be the same people who spent hours at a time playing Pet Rescue Saga and saving "cutesy" animals or who got addicted to "crushing" cartoon candy or whatever the hell it is you do on that game.

Cute Pokémon, cute animals. Pretty much the same thing.

I don't get why Pokémon Go has people ridiculing the players of it. I get the feeling that if this wasn't a Pokémon game, but one created by King.com, the jizzing over it from these people would never stop.

I also don't get why there are people out there who feel that your age has to dictate what you can and cannot enjoy. I have a friend like that, and it both boggles my mind but also angers me a bit when he says some of the shit he says. The way I see it, if you're playing a game and are enjoying it, then cool. Go and enjoy that game but don't ridicule those who don't play it. If it's not your "cup of tea", then cool. Just don't play it and don't ridicule those who do play it.

Just because you don't enjoy a popular game doesn't mean you're better than the people who do enjoy it, and vice versa.

Ruien 07-17-2016 07:47 PM

Hell, this game is amazing. Getting ready to do some gym battles soon. I have no idea how half of it works but it is fun. It isn't eating my wireless data like I figured it would.

Ruien 07-17-2016 07:48 PM

Caught a fn Eevee and Mewoth but the game glitched out so I didn't get credit for them.

Nicky Fives 07-17-2016 09:55 PM

never was interested in Pokemon and have no interest in the game, props to Nintendo from coming up with it though, it literally saved their company bumping their stock price like 25% the first day it was released.

Simple Fan 07-17-2016 10:01 PM

I'm the same a Nicky Fives. Never was into the Pokemon and don't plan on playing this but I think it's a great concept for a Pokemon game.

Heisenberg 07-17-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 4834285)
never was interested in Pokemon and have no interest in the game, props to Nintendo from coming up with it though, it literally saved their company bumping their stock price like 25% the first day it was released.

It's going to put them back in the title picture. I just like checking into spots, haven't fucked with the Pokemon until I saw a gym and battled it. Now it's on

Sixx 07-18-2016 04:58 AM

so you just stare into your cell phone and run around the town like a maniac?

Mercenary 07-18-2016 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 4834364)
so you just stare into your cell phone and run around the town like a maniac?

Well yeah, and that's how people get killed playing this

Blue Demon 07-18-2016 06:55 AM

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...17&oe=57EAB492