TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hawkeye (Disney+ series) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=138634)

M-A-G 11-24-2021 09:20 AM

Hawkeye (Disney+ series)

Let's do this, boys and girls! https://i.imgur.com/kKwwDEH.gif

M-A-G 11-24-2021 09:28 AM

Definitely interested in the next episode. I don't know if it's the perfect choice but this is great casting for Kate Bishop. It seems a bit rash for her at the beginning of the first episode to come to the conclusion that she should do what she ends up doing but that's comics for you. Jeremy Renner can do this in his sleep at this point and where the character is at this point in his life is completely understandable. The Captain America musical didn't disappoint as it's spectacularly awful in the all the best ways. All in all I'm glad these episodes tackled the few questions that I had. I don't know if this will end up being the best of the Disney+ shows this year but so far, so good.

drave 11-24-2021 10:16 AM

Captain America musical? good god I'm glad I missed that.

M-A-G 11-24-2021 10:59 AM

You only get a taste of it while Clint is watching it with his family but it's so ridiculous and you imagine that the rest of it would also be hilariously bad.

drave 11-24-2021 11:23 AM

Are they going with a deaf Hawkeye, or did they get rid of that too?

Fignuts 11-24-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 5496551)
Captain America musical? good god I'm glad I missed that.

Don't let destor hear you say that.

M-A-G 11-24-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 5496596)
Are they going with a deaf Hawkeye, or did they get rid of that too?

No, they address that.

drave 11-24-2021 01:07 PM

I don't care who hears it. It's awful and I am Noiding it by not watching/hearing it and knowing how shit it is.

drave 11-24-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-A-G (Post 5496633)
No, they address that.

How so? Feel free to spoiler tag it. I most likely won't watch, as I don't get a lot of time for TV watching anyhoo.

M-A-G 11-24-2021 01:23 PM

It's not really a spoiler element. He's at the point where he's wearing a hearing aid. They don't specify the cause but he is essentially deaf.

Kalyx triaD 11-24-2021 03:05 PM

I do like that she kinda sucks as a vigilante except she's still at the very least 'Robin' for no other reason than she really really wants to be a superhero. A lot of her generation are written this way with no real call to action that the archetypical hero tends to have. What's saving her from being a straight up Mary Sue is she takes a surprising amount of bumps to the point of slapstick. And Hackeye is not letting her one up him, the Avenger super spy, on pretty much anything.

The one thing that bothers me is she could be a fairly decent street level vigilante right this moment. I believe there's more to being a superhero than being a really good crossover athlete.

The Russians(?) being kinda silly idiots makes me feel bad about the fact that Clint mercilessly slaughtered them during the Snap'd years.

Her step father-to-be has rediculous hair and mustache and accent and he just comes off like a terrible Bond villain. I can't believe he's in a 2021 superhero show. It's so over the top there's definitely a swerve there.

Hailey Steinfeld is a very pretty white girl.

Lock Jaw 11-24-2021 10:49 PM

Watched it. Ambivalent to it. Entertained I guess.

Seanny One Ball 11-25-2021 05:57 PM

I turned it on and within minutes I was on my phone...

Not good at all. The humour is particularly cloying, there’s a really unnatural level of false excitement about it...

I don’t know who thought it was necessary to make it, but it sucks.

slik 11-25-2021 10:42 PM

enjoyed ep 1, will watch ep 2 later...wish I had an expensive penthouse

always happy to see vera farmiga in things

M-A-G 11-26-2021 01:09 AM

I would do glorious things to Vera Farmiga's even more glorious cooch.

Kalyx triaD 11-26-2021 03:23 AM

I don't know who that is.

M-A-G 11-26-2021 06:11 AM

She's playing Kate's mother in this series.

Kalyx triaD 11-26-2021 04:36 PM

Seen better milfs.

Seanny One Ball 11-27-2021 05:06 AM

She looks like hell in it...

M-A-G 12-01-2021 08:26 AM

Loving the dynamic between Kate and Clint in the newest episode. The origin bit at the beginning might seem a bit cliché but it's kind of touching and answers a lot. Nice touch with the hand. Of course we get the obligatory "Oh, me wearing the actual comic costume would be dumb" bit but the car chase is certainly the highlight.

Kalyx triaD 12-01-2021 08:37 AM

Yeah the action was good. You kinda forget that Hawkeye is terrifying against regular dudes.

Looks like Hank likes at least one Avenger.

Tom Guycott 12-06-2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-A-G (Post 5498012)
Loving the dynamic between Kate and Clint in the newest episode. The origin bit at the beginning might seem a bit cliché but it's kind of touching and answers a lot. Nice touch with the hand. Of course we get the obligatory "Oh, me wearing the actual comic costume would be dumb" bit but the car chase is certainly the highlight.

The best part about it is that they've established that she's pretty shit at drawing, at least veering somewhat from the "oh, look, I'm good at everything" trope. She can make with the archery and kinda hold her own in a fight, but then her stealth is so-so, her spying is amateur level, though you can see she kinda gets the concept of blending in, but not really.

Finally started watching this (truthfully, forgot it started). I don't give a fuck what any of you say, I'd be interested if they made a full production of "Rogers: The Musical" One-Shot style.

SPOILER: show
(tagging out of respect, just in case) Also, I agree with KD's assessment of the stepdaddy thing: there are *way* too many "Armando the (number)" for him not to exude the smell of red herring. I wouldn't be surprised if the dude hanging around the deaf-mute badass is an Armando. All dialogue also plays way too fast and loose with the pronoun game about who is actually in charge of what. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it ends up being Kate's mom or presumed dead dad. A security company is a great front for a criminal enterprise since you can keep an eye on your competition or even "direct traffic" as it were.

M-A-G 12-06-2021 05:21 PM

It's a balancing act that they're having to do in regards to Kate. If she's going to be mentored then she has to be lacking in areas; but at the same time she has to be worth mentoring. It's not like Clint is going to take one of random fanboy LARPers under his wing. So she has to inexperienced enough while being promising enough.

M-A-G 12-06-2021 06:54 PM

Because of course...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e3R9DOrpUDE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tom Guycott 12-06-2021 11:26 PM

For some reason, I was compelled to listen to this, then follow it up with "A Man's Gotta Do" from Dr. Horrible.

M-A-G 12-08-2021 07:47 AM

So episode 4....
YAY! Yelena!!!
https://i.imgur.com/Uy5jjrG.gif

M-A-G 12-08-2021 07:48 AM

There's actually a lot to tackle in this episode. I don't know how they're going to wrap this up neatly with just two more episodes to go.

Kalyx triaD 12-08-2021 01:48 PM

Probably the best eps so far.

Lock Jaw 12-08-2021 06:36 PM

I like how they could flash back to Vormeer with just some musical cues....

M-A-G 12-15-2021 06:57 AM

Holy shit, I hadn't even considered Yelena being a victim of the snap!

Kalyx triaD 12-15-2021 04:15 PM

A retroactively powerful motivation for why Natasha did what she did. She most def looked her up after IW. And all her scenes in Endgame are recontextualized.

Lock Jaw 12-15-2021 07:32 PM

F yeah at Kingpin.... but smh at "wasting" the "moment" with just a photograph.

Also, I pretty much took it as a given that Yelena was a victim of the snap... but she was pretty awesome in this episode... kind of want some mac and cheese now....

M-A-G 12-15-2021 10:53 PM

The introduction of Fisk raises a lot of questions for me. If we're finally synching with the Netflix shows, how is Fisk out and about since the last we saw him he was going to prison to protect Vanessa. Are we eventually getting the rest of the Netflix crew somewhere down the line in another project? Was Fisk really the best choice as the main baddie for this series? What's his angle here? Going into the series he was certainly the last guy on my mind.

Like I said before there's a lot to unpack in the remaining time available to the series. The last episode is probably going to be loaded as shit.

Kalyx triaD 12-16-2021 12:30 AM

Netflix shows are not canon. That's that.

M-A-G 12-16-2021 01:13 AM

Boo. :n:

M-A-G 12-16-2021 01:19 AM

Huh...looked it up and they apparently still count the Netflix shows as part of the MCU.

Kalyx triaD 12-16-2021 10:39 AM

I don't know where you're looking that up but I'm 100% certain based on interviews, various comments, and observation of Disney with their casting - Netflix Defenders saga is not canon. Didn't happen. The only MCU tv show that survived was Peggy Carter. Post Disney+ all the shows are canon.

They will certainly use fan favorite casting like DD and most likely Fisk but there won't be, for instance, mention of Elektra or Bullseye.

M-A-G 12-16-2021 10:58 AM

Feige is still speaking as if it's all one banner. The only issue was the waiting period Marvel Studios had to go through after the Netflix deal was up. He's brought up the difficulty of the films referencing the shows because of the scheduling conflicts plus it wouldn't make sense since the shows deal with smaller issues. The shows bring up MCU stuff from time-to-time so I'm going to stick with what Feige is saying.

M-A-G 12-16-2021 11:01 AM

I also remember Charlie Cox saying he and some of the other Marvel Television actors had obligations to appear in the MCU films if asked. I thought that would have been cool around the time of Civil War, like say Matt Murdock had to defend some anti-registration hero or something.

M-A-G 12-16-2021 11:03 AM

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. Definitely hoping next week's episode ends 2021 on a high note. The Eternals has really been the only stumbling block for Marvel this year.