TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nintendo Switch Announced (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132376)

#BROKEN Hasney 03-01-2017 11:31 AM

https://s27.postimg.org/pjjq1x1er/Capture.png

These last couple of days are going to be so hard :'(

road doggy dogg 03-01-2017 11:51 AM

I can't wait... seeing so many 10/10 reviews and shit

trying hard to avoid spoilers

road doggy dogg 03-01-2017 02:50 PM

Guys am I dumb for getting the blue/pink joycon version? Grey looks more PROFESSIONAL........ but fuck that

#BROKEN Hasney 03-01-2017 03:42 PM

Nah fuck that noise. Got the neon too.

Maluco 03-01-2017 03:55 PM

I got grey, but only cause the neon was sold out where I preferred, think it looks more original and would have been cooler for multiplayer games.

I feel like I am going to end up playing this more on TV with a pro controller though.

Emperor Smeat 03-01-2017 06:21 PM

Ultra Street Fighter II got announced to have a May 26th release date worldwide and a $40 price tag according to Capcom.

https://www.destructoid.com/-update-...n-421654.phtml

Nintendo also showed a bit more of how the eShop looks and works for the Switch.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8JV8v7WC6Ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

road doggy dogg 03-01-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maluco (Post 4935630)
I got grey, but only cause the neon was sold out where I preferred, think it looks more original and would have been cooler for multiplayer games.

I feel like I am going to end up playing this more on TV with a pro controller though.

yeah true, especially since the Pro works so seamlessly on PC

but the tabletop mode looks sick, will get a lot of mileage out of that

Destor 03-01-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4935591)
Guys am I dumb for getting the blue/pink joycon version? Grey looks more PROFESSIONAL........ but fuck that

Grey all day

Maluco 03-02-2017 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4935704)
yeah true, especially since the Pro works so seamlessly on PC

but the tabletop mode looks sick, will get a lot of mileage out of that

Yeah def, prob one of things that won me over to get it first day. Can see my wife telling me that Grey's Anatomy is starting and being able to slip into tabletop. For all the people saying it's "a jack of all trades, master of none", they are underrating this feature tremendously.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-02-2017 08:37 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39141371

Nintendo Switch cartridges 'taste so bad'

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cps...906400_ns1.jpg

Quote:

Nintendo revealed a non-toxic bittering agent, denatonium benzoate, had been applied to the game card, in a statement to video games site Polygon.
This was "to avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion", the statement added.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-02-2017 09:02 AM

BAD NEWS: Friend codes are back. Fortunately you can add friends off Facebook and Twitter

GOOD NEWS: Buying from other region eShops is fucking easy. You can even use your local credit/debit card to buy games in another region. I might get Blaster Master 0 tomorrow from Japan if someone can confirm it's in English.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-02-2017 09:08 AM

BETTER NEWS: Joycon issue may have been fixed with the day 1 update

Quote:

"Can't replicate the Left Joycon Dissconnect issue post update. That's not a promise it's fixed. Will update."
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/statu...86938793111552

road doggy dogg 03-02-2017 10:16 AM

good stuff all around

praying that EB here has a midnight release... gonna call them up

#BROKEN Hasney 03-02-2017 10:55 AM

So with the JoyCon fix, it was hit and miss until someone noticed that if you reboot the console after the update with the joycons attached, it updates the firmware on them. So make sure to do that.

road doggy dogg 03-02-2017 11:01 AM

Damn, no midnight release... "early open" tomorrow at 9am lol

I wonder if I can buy it then just set it up in my office and play at work.

And by "I wonder if I can", I mean "I am totally doing this"

Big Vic 03-02-2017 11:24 AM

Do you live in a small town or something? Go to another store.

road doggy dogg 03-02-2017 11:27 AM

I've already preordered here, working all day anyway so it's not a huge deal

#BROKEN Hasney 03-02-2017 02:34 PM

WORST NEWS: There is no eShop music.

Fuck this console

road doggy dogg 03-02-2017 02:36 PM

hmmm maybe an oversight

#BROKEN Hasney 03-02-2017 03:20 PM

Right, so for the Joycon thing, you need to update the Switch which will reboot itself. Then you have to do a manual reboot with the joycons attached as well.

If 100% he had this prior to the reboot

https://vimeo.com/206410022

Then after reboot

https://vimeo.com/206451272

Savio 03-02-2017 05:50 PM

This popped up in my feed.... 1 2 switch play through

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OcvXSb5sM3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maluco 03-02-2017 05:53 PM

By reboot you just mean turn it on with them attached in the doc?

The Rogerer 03-02-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4935542)
I can't wait... seeing so many 10/10 reviews and shit

trying hard to avoid spoilers

Triforce

The Rogerer 03-02-2017 06:26 PM

Amazon hasn't dispatched my copy yet, but it could go out same day. Waiting to get fucked around on a Wii U copy frankly

#BROKEN Hasney 03-03-2017 06:52 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5_XnQrWAAAwQl8.jpg

Yeahhhhh

Ruien 03-03-2017 07:32 AM

Arg. Literally you people are making me purchase this system next month..... after I close on my house. Unless therr is some terrible glitch with the system.

Was wsnting to wait for Black Friday but that may not be possible.

Maluco 03-03-2017 08:00 AM

My Game had an underwhelming midnight launch but I didn't go.

Picked it up this morning in a relatively empty store with extra copies of everything readily available.

Haven't played it yet, might have to wait for son to go to sleep tonight, but it looks to neat. Think there is big potentially there to become a great little entertainment centre.

Watching videos, seems like Zelda is almost overwhelmingly massive. Almost thinking I won't know where to start!

road doggy dogg 03-03-2017 08:05 AM

Been talking to my buddy in the UK who got his last night and he is super hyped up about how great Zelda is... I might just grab a Switch and leave the office all day

#BROKEN Hasney 03-03-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maluco (Post 4936346)
My Game had an underwhelming midnight launch but I didn't go.

Picked it up this morning in a relatively empty store with extra copies of everything readily available.

Haven't played it yet, might have to wait for son to go to sleep tonight, but it looks to neat. Think there is big potentially there to become a great little entertainment centre.

Watching videos, seems like Zelda is almost overwhelmingly massive. Almost thinking I won't know where to start!

It is great so far. I love that it's not holding my hand at all. Zelda games were getting old with Navi.

Savio 03-03-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4936347)
Been talking to my buddy in the UK who got his last night and he is super hyped up about how great Zelda is... I might just grab a Switch and leave the office all day

Get it and bring it back to the office... It's portable.

Maluco 03-03-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 4936351)
It is great so far. I love that it's not holding my hand at all. Zelda games were getting old with Navi.

Is it easy to pick up and play? Seems like a lot of new abilities and things, seems like there is a lot to learn!

#BROKEN Hasney 03-03-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maluco (Post 4936363)
Is it easy to pick up and play? Seems like a lot of new abilities and things, seems like there is a lot to learn!

Yeah, you get all the powers early on and instead of just some fairy telling you what to do, the place you get the power teaches you by just presenting some simple concepts. Everythings easy enough to work out with some trial and error.

Gerard 03-03-2017 10:39 AM

Was going to get one but can't shake the feeling this is another Nintendo console that will have a lot of fizz on launch that will die off soon after.

The Rogerer 03-03-2017 01:03 PM

Amazon not dispatching until Monday now

#BROKEN Hasney 03-03-2017 03:42 PM

Watching some TV so playing in handheld mode. It's so much more comfortable than the Wii U Gamepad or the 3DS.

road doggy dogg 03-03-2017 03:58 PM

That is refreshing to hear. The Gamepad for Wii U is not the most ergonomically friendly device.

Even my 3DS (New 3DS XL) is fairly uncomfortable. Which is annoying since I play it so damn much

#BROKEN Hasney 03-03-2017 04:40 PM

It's surprisingly light unlike the Wii U and not as cramped as even the XL 3DS

Emperor Smeat 03-03-2017 05:43 PM

For those interested in RPG game I Am Setsuna, Square Enix is releasing a free and exclusive DLC pack for the Switch version next month.

Quote:

According to the game's developer, Tokyo RPG Factory, I Am Setsuna is getting free DLC that's exclusive to the Switch version of the game. It's called "Temporal Battle Arena," and it's coming this April.

The gist is that it's an asynchronous PVP arena where players can upload their party's battle data to fight against other players in AI form. You can earn Spritnite from it, and upload up to three different configurations to keep things interesting.
https://www.destructoid.com/wait-wha...c-422182.phtml

Maluco 03-03-2017 06:22 PM

First day, played more handheld than anything else, I really wasn't expecting that.

Changing it around it seemless too. Think I am going to love this thing

road doggy dogg 03-04-2017 01:15 AM

Yeah I have been playing probably 80% of the time undocked. Feels really good.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-04-2017 05:49 AM

Considering how shitty the 3DS and Wii U screens were even compared to tablets and phones of the time, I'm surprised by just how good this one is. Sure, it's lower resolution, but on a screen that size, you don't need more pixels.

Maluco 03-04-2017 06:15 AM

Quite a few reports of the dock scraping the screen , so I quickly slipped on a screen protector that came with my case.

Better safe than sorry

#BROKEN Hasney 03-04-2017 06:28 AM

Yeah, the likelihood is that it's people whipping them out like they would their dick as a drunken teenager, but no reason to take the risk. Ordered a tempered glass one.

The Rogerer 03-04-2017 06:28 AM

I agree, people who preordered the Switch are idiots and everything is their fault. You're holding it wrong. You're docking it wrong.

My DS screen got scratched up using the thumb nubbin they gave you to play Mario 64. Then they said "Whoops, yeah, don't do that"

drave 03-04-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Try to decrease the distance between the Joy-Con and the Nintendo Switch console.

Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:
-Behind a TV
-Near an aquarium
-Placed in or under a metal object
-Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords
-Within three to four feet of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.
Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:
-Cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc.
-Wireless headsets
-Wireless printers
-Microwaves
-Wireless speakers
-Cordless phones
-USB 3.0-compatible devices such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc.
In most cases it will be enough to move these devices three to four feet away from the Nintendo Switch console and/or Joy-Con controllers. However, if you continue to experience this issue, please power these devices off while using the Nintendo Switch console.

God damn man..... Its like Nintendo is new to wireless technologies or something......

#BROKEN Hasney 03-04-2017 10:01 AM

Sucks for those affected. I probably would have been in my old house, my DS4 used to lose signal if I had my knee up. Both that and my Joycon are fine here though..

road doggy dogg 03-04-2017 10:11 AM

My left joycon wasn't working during my initial setup but after the day one patch and a quick reboot it's fine now

I also have a screen protector. Just in case...

drave 03-04-2017 10:13 AM

I have too many aquariums, and a railroad track like...... 50 feet from my back door. Too much metal \m/

#BROKEN Hasney 03-04-2017 10:15 AM

Aquadrave

Locke 03-04-2017 11:56 AM

I imagine the Switch was under distributed and is sold out everywhere (like every Nintendo console since the Wii), is this true

Ruien 03-04-2017 01:08 PM

Technically the Nintendo Classic was sole out everywhere.

Ruien 03-04-2017 01:08 PM

YOU WERE JUST STD, error Ruien, CORRECTED.

DAMN iNATOR 03-05-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4936732)

Although in its particular case, the whole "people buying up every last one and then scalping them for outrageous profits on eBay, Amazon, etc." thing definitely didn't help matters.

Maluco 03-05-2017 06:46 AM

In the UK, you can still get your hands on a Switch from certain places.

On the other hand, the Nintendo classic is still £130 to buy from a seller on eBay, and I still haven't seen one in any store in my city.

Nintendo messed up big time, I, and I don't know how many others, would have picked one up at £50 to mess around over Christmas and as a cute collector type thing.

No interest in having one now at all. Probably thousands and thousands like me.

Really made me angry, but Switch has restored my faith a bit, no problems whatsoever with any components.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-05-2017 08:24 AM

They've done 2 NES mini hardware stock refreshes, they sold out damn quick, so there's still a market waiting for them.

Destor 03-05-2017 08:53 AM

Yeah those things are hot.

Maluco 03-05-2017 12:12 PM

Even with that, it would be hard to argue that they didn't miss out on sales over Christmas, I know so many people who wanted one, but quite a few were a passing fad over Christmas. I am sure they lost a lot of sales that way.

There should have been safeguards in place to store the scalpers too. Am sure it took consoles out of kids hands over Christmas too.

The Rogerer 03-05-2017 04:28 PM

I read a post about BotW running worse in docked mode than handheld. It theorised that GPU does indeed run at 2x speed when docked, but the memory bandwidth only goes from 1300 MHz to 1600MHz, and the CPU and GPU are fighting over that bandwidth.

Basically there could well be bottlenecks on any game that uses the CPU and GPU heavily (basically anything) that could nullify the advantages of being docked. Reports of Dragon Quest Heroes running really rough on the Switch.

Power doesn't matter, except when it's low power because it's poorly designed, low power that's more expensive than anything on the market, and low power that developers are going to struggle to make the most of. Then you have people who paid top dollar for a Pro controller now choosing to play Zelda undocked for the better experience.

Destor 03-05-2017 06:03 PM

Its great docked. Dunno.

The Rogerer 03-05-2017 06:34 PM

BotW is performing worse. It's trying to upscale from 720 to 900 and struggling. We knew about the GPU being able to run at double the speed when docked, but if the above is true it seems a lot of this extra power might be squandered.

Cool King 03-05-2017 06:45 PM

I played Snipperclips today.

It's a really fun little game.

Locke 03-05-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke (Post 4936710)
I imagine the Switch was under distributed and is sold out everywhere (like every Nintendo console since the Wii), is this true

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4936732)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4936733)
YOU WERE JUST STD, error Ruien, CORRECTED.

what

Maluco 03-05-2017 06:50 PM

I actually haven't played it docked, bar 5 initial minutes.

I love the feel of it handheld, and I thought I wouldn't touch it like that. It's a great screen and it feels so much more comfortable than I thought it would.

Also...Scared to death to dock the thing until my screen protector arrives

Kalyx triaD 03-05-2017 08:04 PM

Is it Bayonetta on PS3 worse or is PC master race saw a frame drop once in a seven hour play session worse?

Because every time I hear about this sort of performance issue thing and it's a game I play enough to look into, it's much ado about nothing.

Kalyx triaD 03-05-2017 08:10 PM

I messed with Switch in port mode today and I can say I'll never by choice use the joy cons by themselves. Full portable or pro controller in tv mode for me.

Playing full AAA Zelda title in a portable is fucking wild. The 3DS is well and dead.

road doggy dogg 03-05-2017 08:54 PM

I've played both docked and portable and the game runs incredibly both ways. Noticed very brief frame rate drops a handful of times but absolutely nothing that detracted from my experience personally

The portability is sick. I adore my 3DS but I can't imagine touching it after getting a few solid titles on the switch

Pokemon plz

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-05-2017 09:41 PM

So, is this worth getting/Available?

The Rogerer 03-06-2017 02:20 AM

Before someone else comes in to tell me how phenomenal the Switch is, I'm talking about specific hardware design. The news about the doubled CPU was out there before release, but it seems that it will be very difficult to leverage. Doesn't bode well for third party support, but it's just interesting to see. The hardware advantages of docking may be minimal which has the flip side of being good for handheld mode.

Emperor Smeat 03-06-2017 03:20 AM

Might be possible some of the performance problems for certain Switch games are related to porting issues like with Breath of the Wild and Dragon Quest Heroes. Not being completely optimized or built from the ground up could end up with performance situations happening like certain Bethesda games on the PS3 and PS4.

Supposedly portable mode has even more power possible by way of a "boost" mode Nintendo recently released for developers. Gives them roughly 25% more power overall if they choose to use it.

Destor 03-06-2017 08:07 AM

Biggest switch critic: guy whos read reports

Biggest switch supporters: guys who've played it

The Rogerer 03-06-2017 10:52 AM

I dunnoe man

Oh by the way, REPORTS are that some of the docks are bent and that's why screens are getting scratched. That's what you get for a piece of plastic worth $90. Worth checking your dock.

There's also reports of heat in the dock making screen protectors bubble, cheating out on the antenna in the left joycon, and Nintendo allowing dead pixels when other manufacturers practically never approve those to go out. I haven't seen a dead pixel since 2005.

All points to Nintendo making this thing too complex and having to cut corners to get all their concepts in. Sorry for harshing the buzz.

I wish they had stuck to the pitch in the original trailer.

Kalyx triaD 03-06-2017 01:31 PM

Case in point for Destor.

Destor 03-06-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4937740)
Case in point for Destor.

Yeah, I think just won the thread.

The Rogerer 03-06-2017 02:00 PM

Yeah sorry lads. Memory bandwidth is the widest. We've got such a great bandwidth, the best bandwidth. I've been talking to all the third parties and they've got so many things going through this bandwidth. Just so much data.

Emperor Smeat 03-06-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rogerer (Post 4937700)
There's also reports of heat in the dock making screen protectors bubble, cheating out on the antenna in the left joycon, and Nintendo allowing dead pixels when other manufacturers practically never approve those to go out. I haven't seen a dead pixel since 2005.

At least in regards to gaming, Vita also suffered from dead pixel issues with its launch but was within the error standard for screens. Same for the 3DS as well I believe.

The Rogerer 03-06-2017 05:02 PM

It's something that will have improved year after year. Vita and 3DS were 2011, and that was before the explosion of everyone having 4 tablets and a smartphone. I may be slightly unkind but I thought we'd gotten to the point now where screen production was so ubiquitous and cheap that suppliers could afford to have zero tolerance. If this is actually an issue with the Switch, it could add to the narrative that they had a hard time getting this hardware out. I think the Switch is a real strange beast and a spread of so many things. Perhaps the other peripherals and games are so pricey because they have to cover the costs of making such a complex piece of base hardware.

Emperor Smeat 03-06-2017 05:19 PM

Would likely be impossible and too costly to have a near zero or zero tolerance policy because dead pixels are always going to be a side effect when screens are being mass produced. Even Apple themselves still suffer from dead pixel issues with their stuff and they were the biggest leader of the tablet and mobile explosion in recent years.

Do agree about peripherals being too expensive while game prices are mainly because of companies being a bit too greedy or just simply following the current standard for prices.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-06-2017 05:20 PM

The REPORTS on dead pixels weren't based on loads of people reporting them, it was based on this section on the Nintendo support website.

Quote:

There are black or bright dots on the Nintendo Switch screen that do not go away, or there are dark or light patches on the screen.

Small numbers of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect
Congrats on not seeing dead pixels in anything, I haven't since my Galaxy S4 and there are none on my Switch, but shit happens. Here's those precious other manufacturers.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201613

Therefore, a certain number of subpixel anomalies is considered acceptable. Rejecting all but perfect LCD panels would significantly increase the retail price for products using LCD displays. These factors apply to all manufacturers using LCD technology--not just Apple products.

If you suspect your display contains a high number of pixel anomalies, take your Apple product to an Apple Authorized Service Provider for closer examination. There may be a charge for the evaluation.

http://en.community.dell.com/support...529/t/19303686

It takes six or more dead pixels, dark sub-pixels or bright sub-pixels to warrant a replacement from Dell. Some of its monitors--the UltraSharp, Professional, and Alienware OptX--are covered by the “Premium Panel Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee.” A single bright stuck sub-pixel warrants a screen replacement, but this guarantee doesn’t cover any other pixel anomalies.

https://www.asus.com/ae-en/support/W...PAYIsfecjo9GX/

Since LCD panel is made up of millions of micro electronic pixels, if one pixel no longer functions normally, it will become a bright or dark dot. By ISO 13406-2 standards, ASUS conforms to the acceptance level between 3 to 5 defective bright/dark pixels. In order to deliver ultimate vision experience to ASUS customer, if your panel is less than or equal to the above number of dots, then, it is considered as an acceptable LCD monitor.In addition, the Premium Range of ASUS LCDs offers a unique Zero Bright Dot (ZBD) warranty.Please refer to ASUS LCD Monitor Bright/Dark Dot Warranty Table below.

12 months
Bright Dot - 0

Dark Dot ≦5

13~36 months
Bright Dot ≦3

Dark Dot ≦5

The Rogerer 03-06-2017 05:39 PM

That is interesting to know. With a lot of phone and tablets now you're dealing with 'Retina' resolutions and therefor dead pixels would be considered sub pixel and might be really hard to spot.

The dead pixel thing was just an aside of one headline I'd seen, which seemed notable. What I have actually seen is side by side photographs of Switch docks where the front plate is bent more inwards and resulting in friction against the screen. As I remember you said this was users' fault.

http://i.imgur.com/5kyscqr.jpg

Poit 03-06-2017 06:40 PM

Is there any way to check my playtime for games on the Switch?

Emperor Smeat 03-06-2017 07:16 PM

Outside of Parental Controls, not really unless Nintendo brings back the activity log like on the Wii U and Wii.

The Rogerer 03-07-2017 01:59 AM

That's a shame, the Wii U activity log was a nice feature that everything should have had. Although maybe it gives the impression of something childish/survelliency

#BROKEN Hasney 03-07-2017 10:57 AM

So far, it has had the best console launch ever in France, best Nintendo console launch ever in the US and Europe (for the first 2 days) and slightly behind the Wii in Japan (which is weird, since they were both supply constrained yet they managed to get more Wiis on shelves there while everywhere else is the opposite).

Switch did in 3 days in France what the PS4 did in 2 weeks.

It's a good start, should put any fears about it being a Wii U away (launching with a great game helps. Who knew?). Obviously long term is a different matter, but MK8D should move the needle next month when Switch should be on store shelves in all regions (restock is only 2 weeks away allegedly) and Splatoon 2 will be huge in Japan for the summer.

Then we just need a Direct or E3 announcements to fill in the gaps. Hopefully ARMS is good and fits in between MK8 and Mario somewhere.

Maluco 03-07-2017 03:03 PM

Anyone have a Pro Controller? Mine arrived today and am not sure if it is charging.

The doc doesn't seem to have any light or indicator. Will it charge by just having the dock plugged in and connecting it up?

#BROKEN Hasney 03-07-2017 03:22 PM

Yeah, there's a little orange light on the top of the controller. Mine was fully charged on arrival though so I had to play to see it charging.

If not, you might have to wake the Switch and then plug it in and put it on sleep so it knows to keep that USB port alive.

Emperor Smeat 03-10-2017 05:40 PM

Was recently discovered once you have more than 12 games installed, the menu display for games gets a new option available. Ends up resembling the Xbox One when you want all games shown.

https://www.destructoid.com//ul/424049-/AA-noscale.jpg
https://www.destructoid.com/once-you...i-424049.phtml

#BROKEN Hasney 03-11-2017 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4939716)
Was recently discovered once you have more than 12 games installed, the menu display for games gets a new option available. Ends up resembling the Xbox One when you want all games shown.

Oh, that was news? Giant Bomb did it on their launch day stream. Ha.

road doggy dogg 03-12-2017 02:01 PM

What non-Zelda games do y'all recommend? I hate myself for this but I think I'm gonna grab 1-2 Switch for the co-op possibilities. Is Fast RMX good? Blaster Master Zero will be sweet...

Emperor Smeat 03-12-2017 02:21 PM

Snipperclips is pretty good as a puzzle game.

If you like F-Zero or those types of racers, you'd probably like Fast RMX since the Fast series is pretty similar to it. Pretty much considered as F-Zero's spiritual successor.

Shovel Knight is also another good game if you like retro-looking games or haven't played it on other platforms. Switch version has all the DLC and something exclusive planned for it.

road doggy dogg 03-12-2017 02:31 PM

I have shovel knight on 3ds already so kind of holding off on that for now

Gerard 03-12-2017 04:12 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cb-srOfRqNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't recall a Nintendo launch having this many issues before.

#BROKEN Hasney 03-12-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerard (Post 4940158)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cb-srOfRqNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't recall a Nintendo launch having this many issues before.

Most systems have a 1% failure rate. With the number of videos up, it's still well within that.

EDIT: Oh, it's the Crowbcat video. He's for entertainment purposes only, never take him seriously or every console ever launched is fucked up. he's just a tool that gets easy views by taking other videos.

https://youtu.be/6__TvBzAVj8 PS4 Pro
https://youtu.be/6FwlK-jU8Yg PS4
https://youtu.be/Bu7jHLsW-5s XB1

Destor 03-12-2017 04:34 PM

Yeah its uncanny how he always manages to get a bum copy...alomst as of it were by design...

#BROKEN Hasney 03-12-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4940164)
Yeah its uncanny how he always manages to get a bum copy...alomst as of it were by design...

They're not even his videos, he just takes them from other people.

Droford 03-13-2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 4876582)
The dock looks like it will scratch the screen..stupid

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 4876583)
I mean, it's quite obviously not going to. As bad as some of Nintendo decisions are, they're never stupid in design.

Lol

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KVdbWW1SuVA/mqdefault.jpg

Funny that was my first impression and it turned out to be the case

Big Vic 03-13-2017 10:52 AM

That person went to the Johnny Vegas school of art.

The Rogerer 03-14-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4939716)

http://i.imgur.com/NSNZ64G.gif

The Rogerer 03-14-2017 05:38 PM

So you can't play Blaster Master Zero, or Snipperclips, with the Pro controller. Is there anything else this applies to? It should have be part of the certification process.

Destor 03-14-2017 05:42 PM

Anything that needs motion id wager

The Rogerer 03-14-2017 05:44 PM

It has motion controls. Those games don't use motion controls.