TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why does Matt Hardy insist on looking like that? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134033)

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 12:26 PM

Why does Matt Hardy insist on looking like that?

I can't even stand looking at the guy with his dumb pants and stupid everything.

Uhhhh, pertinence...

Where would you go with the Hardy Boyz from here? Remain a team? Fire Matt out of a cannon into the sun and let Jeff have another singles go? DELETE them entirely? What say you?

Droford 10-11-2017 12:29 PM

Hes only partially broken

Destor 10-11-2017 12:30 PM

Let matt go after the cruiser weight title.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5026300)
Let matt go after the cruiser weight title.

Might have to wear more than a couple trash bags at this point.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 5026298)
Hes only partially broken

My remote might end up broken as I sling it across the room upon laying eyes upon his dumb pants.

Destor 10-11-2017 12:33 PM

I belieV1 in him

Sixx 10-11-2017 12:36 PM

I had to google what he looks like these days.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...y_Jan_2017.jpg

What the fuck is this?

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 12:38 PM

Maybe he should head down to the PC and teach people how to be ring generals or whatever the fuck, but I have a hard time understanding why anyone is cheering him in the ring these days. Thanks for the memories. Leave them alone.

#BROKEN Hasney 10-11-2017 12:44 PM

You're right. He should head back to the indies and do the gimmick properly.

Or join Breezango fully broken.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 12:46 PM

He probably shouldn't do the gimmick either.

Evil Vito 10-11-2017 12:48 PM

The Hardys' run has gone about as badly as I could've feared.

Not only were people re-invested in the Hardys for the first time in, like, 5 years - but they'd become one of the hottest acts in wrestling. So of course WWE bring them back and then immediately strip them of the unique gimmick that was 90% of what had made them interesting again.

I can't even blame the lawsuit at this point. They could've made them the Woken Hardys, the Shattered Hardys, or whatever the fuck else while letting them essentially work their gimmicks. You can't trademark "Hardys acting wacky".

Evil Vito 10-11-2017 12:49 PM

I'm thinking "Hardys going from Broken to Boring" is gonna be hard to beat for my biggest disappointment in wrestling for 2017.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 12:52 PM

I'm still on board with Jeff. Matt could probably find a hobby erstwhile.

Sixx 10-11-2017 12:58 PM

Why wasn't Jeff the crazy one anyway? With a history of substance abuse like that, it would be pretty legit.

Drunk Jeff was Sting is probably my favorite match ever.

Evil Vito 10-11-2017 01:00 PM

Brother Nero was batshit too.........unless the subtext was that Matt was the only crazy one and Jeff was just pissing about to humor his brother.

Sixx 10-11-2017 01:02 PM

BRING BACK WILLOW THE WASP

Simple Fan 10-11-2017 01:08 PM

Really wish they would have gotten the Broken gimmick but I doubt it would be any good in WWE anyway. I'd honestly like to see Matt leave and go somewhere he can use his creativeness and let Jeff have one last singles run.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED (Post 5026321)
Brother Nero was batshit too.........unless the subtext was that Matt was the only crazy one and Jeff was just pissing about to humor his brother.

I think the subtext was that it was wack and stupid as fuck. All of it. Just give us back that Jeff from 2008 or whenever.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 5026324)
Really wish they would have gotten the Broken gimmick but I doubt it would be any good in WWE anyway. I'd honestly like to see Matt leave and go somewhere he can use his creativeness and let Jeff have one last singles run.

It wasn't good anywhere.

Simple Fan 10-11-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5026326)
It wasn't good anywhere.

Disagree as it was one of the best things in wrestling last year and got them back in WWE. You might not have liked it but don't be blind to what it was.

Sixx 10-11-2017 01:13 PM

I honestly have no idea why that broken gimmick was so popular. It seemed dumb as fuck.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 01:14 PM

It was fucking stupid. I'm not accepting anything else. I'm not being blind. I weep for you, though.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 5026332)
I honestly have no idea why that broken gimmick was so popular. It seemed dumb as fuck.

It seemed as such because it WAS as such.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 01:15 PM

But I'm mostly talking about Matt Hardy currently. Where do we all go from here?

Sixx 10-11-2017 01:17 PM

Just release him. I've never been a fan of the Hardys, but that broken gimmick was/is just too much.

Fucking wrestling in their backyard.

Destor 10-11-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5026325)
I think the subtext was that it was wack and stupid as fuck. All of it. Just give us back that Jeff from 2008 or whenever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5026326)
It wasn't good anywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5026333)
It was fucking stupid. I'm not accepting anything else. I'm not being blind. I weep for you, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5026334)
It seemed as such because it WAS as such.

:y:

#BROKEN Hasney 10-11-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5026335)
But I'm mostly talking about Matt Hardy currently. Where do we all go from here?

To something you dont enjoy, but I do and he seemingly wants to do?

Cool King 10-11-2017 02:40 PM

The "Broken" gimmick is/was a steaming pile of shite.

Matt should just have a shave, sort his hair out and just be Matt Hardy, so we can all be able to watch his matches without it being ruined by hearing constant "DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!" chants.

#BROKEN Hasney 10-11-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King (Post 5026394)
The "Broken" gimmick is/was a steaming pile of shite.

Matt should just have a shave, sort his hair out and just be Matt Hardy, so we can all be able to watch his matches without it being ruined by hearing constant "DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!DELETE!" chants.

You think that would stop anything when the match ja scheduled for one fall ONE FALL. What?

KIRA 10-11-2017 02:50 PM

Matt is actually the talented one oddly enough all jeff has ever been good at is jumping off shit and we have Shane for that

Simple Fan 10-11-2017 03:09 PM

Matt is creative and just doesn't get to be as creative in WWE. The Broken gimmick was ridiculous, that was the whole point of the gimmick but he played serious as hell and that's what made it great. He was invested in the character and it payed off. Guy has always evolved his character over the years and could find something new if he was to leave WWE. Just seems like they brought them in to be Broken but never got the rights to the gimmick so its time to either do something different or let Matt go.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 5026356)
To something you dont enjoy, but I do and he seemingly wants to do?

I meant with the Hardyz. Like the second part of my original post was asking.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 03:39 PM

I think the only thing that can be salvaged is a Jeff singles run. I thought they were thinking about it too when he got that Intercontinental title match with the Miz. What's the extent of his injury anyway? Torn rotator cuff?

Emperor Smeat 10-11-2017 04:37 PM

WWE should have called an audible once it became more apparent the Broken gimmick was in legal hell.

Going by reports, they actually had the foresight for how short the shelf life for the old Hardys gimmick was going to be. Same for timing the teases at good times but then they decided to just let the Hardys flounder in a division that got smaller over time.

#BROKEN Hasney 10-11-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5026413)
I meant with the Hardyz. Like the second part of my original post was asking.

Yes, Brother Nero, the whole shebang.

Maluco 10-11-2017 05:01 PM

This is not a problem that is strictly to the Hardy's though. Dudley's had it when they got back to. The routine, booking and constant TV strips away everyone's momentum and aura. Just look at Nakamura. From what I have read and from guys comments on here, he is just another average Joe on the roster now and just got beaten clean by Jinder Mahal.

Back to subject though. There is no way they should be straddling the line. If they want just normal Matt Hardy, he shouldn't be on TV looking like that!

If he is not broken, why does he look so stupid? It just makes him look old and sad.

Anybody Thrilla 10-11-2017 05:02 PM

Yeah, you get it.

Simple Fan 10-11-2017 05:54 PM

I do agree that it is stupid to have him look and tease the Broken character when WWE are not trying to present them in that way. Understandable at first when it was a possibility but at this point it's not. Gives the people that were fans of it false hope and as we've seen irritates the ones that weren't even more.

Mr. Nerfect 10-11-2017 05:56 PM

It's good to see people calling the Broken gimmick out for the steaming pile of shit that it was. Bad for the sake of bad is not good. It had 15-year-old boy syndrome in a big way, and that's largely because it came from a guy who never matured outside the wrestling industry.

It's weird that people say it was "hot" too. No one watched TNA. Even your average WWE video has more views than their Broken stuff. I don't get how people think it was successful. It was championed within certain pockets, but this idea that it made money or got TNA attention is just...false. People were literally saying that there was more money in Broken Matt than in Classic Hardys -- you know, one of the most over tag teams and biggest merch movers WWE has ever had. Insanity.

But let's say the gimmick was good. I'm not willing to concede that, but let's put it on a subjective spectrum: How much of that do you think was environmental? How much of the hand-held camera, aerial drone shot, poorly acted stuff gained "charm" or whatever from being a) pieced together by a company that was trying really hard to be good and falling short; and b) being in a small-time promotion. Don't you think there would need to be innate philosophical differences between a TNA produced one and a WWE produced one?

TNA and Matt Hardy were being overly ambitious with the gimmick. They had nothing better to fill time with. They had no eyeballs so it was logical to experiment. You're going in one direction. Plus, Matt Hardy and Jeremy Borash, or whoever the fuck, only have a certain level of production skill, so when they try really hard to put things together, it could theoretically attain that "camp" effect, in that they were trying really sincerely to do this thing, and if there were any charm there, it has to surely come from that.

For WWE, it wouldn't be technically ambitious -- it would be sacrificing many of the tools at their disposal. There is plenty of stuff they could put on instead of it. There are eyeballs watching their product (lol, not many though), so there is more risk involved. They've this world-class production team. It wouldn't make sense for them to air shitty camera footage on their show like that.

Aesthetically and philosophically, I would think that fans of the TNA gimmick would want WWE to leave it the fuck alone.

Mr. Nerfect 10-11-2017 05:58 PM

As for Matt Hardy right now? There's no real interest in him as an act without Jeff, who is the star. With Jeff out for months, maybe just pay Matt to try and stay in shape and let him spend time with his family. Call him in for a Royal Rumble spot and maybe use him in the Andre Battle Royal and re-evaluate when you get Jeff back. But I'd be in favor of a singles run for Jeff.