TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can someone sell me on the benefit of Hulk Hogan in today's WWE? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135031)

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 01:59 PM

Can someone sell me on the benefit of Hulk Hogan in today's WWE?

I keep hearing all of this possible return talk, and I couldn't possibly be any less excited. Who's clamoring for this? Why won't he just go away?

RP 06-10-2018 02:15 PM

Zero benefit . Unless he's somehow primed for a long run. WWE cant keep getting involved in these 2 to 3 month runs from guys like Rock, Bautista, HHH, Hogan, Brock, HBK. THey have to break this cycle. They need to build something more. If not, they are literally headed down a terrible road.

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 02:17 PM

I cringe at the thought of Elias getting Hulked Up on.

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 02:17 PM

Or somewhere thereabouts, you know how I mean.

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 02:18 PM

Rusev eating a big boot to the shin.

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 02:19 PM

Selling it like a gunshot wound.

RP 06-10-2018 02:19 PM

Elias, Miz and Rollins are the guys they need to build on. Roman needs a injury badly at this point. You got Dean Ambrose coming back which should be big. Build on these guys. Dont rely on old timers. That shit is done.

BTW I love Hulk Hogan. I was the biggest Hulk Hogan fan ever when I was a kid. And when he did NWO. I love the guy. I just dont want WWE falling back on these short term solutions.

RP 06-10-2018 02:21 PM

There is so much talent on the roster and it seems like no one has a clue how to push them to that NEXT level.

RP 06-10-2018 02:28 PM

WWE seems to realize how to use Elias. But they dont execute it well. They have two talented guys in Bobby and Sammy Zayne, but they have no clue how to exectute this fued. Braun should be easy to book, but they've failed so badly. Finn Balor.. kinda booked well, but kinda not though. Where is the interest in him. The tag champions seem non existent. The B team is the bright spot of all this mess. I love that booking. The womans stuff is terrible. I get where they are going. But it was so abrupt. I do look forward to watching Ronda have a singles match, but damn man.. this was terrible booking. I know Natalya is winng MITB and she will cash in on Ronda after her win. Its so terribly obvious. I cant stand that shit. I shouldnt know whats about to happen. The creative is terrible.

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 02:37 PM

All that is true, and Hulk Hogan couldn't possibly help any of it.

Lock Jaw 06-10-2018 02:44 PM

He can put Roman Reigns over, brother!

#1-norm-fan 06-10-2018 02:51 PM

WWE can't build their own stars anymore so they've gotta get guys from other places/eras to make themselves look "major". That's the benefit. Hogan's a star. The main roster is not.

#1-norm-fan 06-10-2018 02:52 PM

I'm not saying it's an ideal situation. But it is what it is. Hogan coming out unannounced during some Elias performance or something would blow the fucking roof of the place even if they'd been sitting on their hands for everyone else on the show. That's a benefit.

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 03:08 PM

What's the benefit of an unannounced appearance on a show that no one is watching?

#1-norm-fan 06-10-2018 03:20 PM

What's the benefit of anything on a show that "no one" is watching? It's a memorable moment in a show lacking them.

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 03:22 PM

Mae Young birthing a hand was memorable. Katie Vick was memorable. They weren't good, though.

#1-norm-fan 06-10-2018 03:24 PM

You can't compare a Hogan return to Mae Young giving birth to a hand and Katie Vick. They're not remotely the same thing as the biggest star in the history of the business making his return.

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 03:32 PM

I compared them based on parameters you provided. Anyway, Hogan TODAY would be just about as entertaining as either of those segments, I'm thinking.

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-10-2018 03:33 PM

I don't think he'd be used in storylines. Just in an ambassador role, similar to what he was doing before.

And likely, he wouldn't add much value. But Vince probably feels he owes a lot to Hulk and would want to help him out. Who knows though?

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 03:34 PM

Let me phrase it this way...

Can someone think of a way that a Hogan return would be both helpful and entertaining?

Anybody Thrilla 06-10-2018 03:35 PM

Hogan would be the first ambassador to have creative control. And he'd certainly go clean over Cesaro at some point.

#1-norm-fan 06-10-2018 03:41 PM

Hogan's still got more personality that 99% of the roster. And him returning would undoubtedly be more entertaining than anything else on the show. Nothing really happens on any given episode of Raw or Smackdown to begin with.

And it's not like he'd be wrestling. It would be the biggest star ever appearing on a show void of stars. He'd cut a promo or something, supply the catchphrases for nostalgia and the crowd would go fucking nuts. Would you really have an issue with them bumping some Bo Dallas/Curtis Axel or Jinder Mahal vs Chad Gable or Baron Corbin vs No Way Jose match off the episode for that segment?

Cool King 06-10-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5131940)

Can someone think of a way that a Hogan return would be both helpful and entertaining?

Maybe him returning as GM of SmackDown?

Hogan being back could possibly spark interest in former fans who stopped watching the product?

Having two "All-American" GM's could be interesting to a degree or even more so if Hogan was a heel GM whilst Angle remains as a face GM?

A heel Hogan could possibly be more interesting these days than your usual Hogan as we all know what classic Hulk Hogan is like, whereas a heel Hogan in 2018 could go down many different/unexpected routes.

Or staying with the idea of a heel Hogan, he could possibly be a heel manager for someone?

I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Bad News Gertner 06-10-2018 04:43 PM

I'll start watching again if Hogan returns. Only credible challenger to Lesnar. They should give Hogan a SummerSlam to Wrestlemania title reign

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-10-2018 04:44 PM

Wouldn't be able to do the legdrop cuz of his hip :'(

Maluco 06-10-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5131940)

I am guessing that in America, he still has name value, but my guess would be they would see dollar signs in foreign markets. Saudis were asking for Warrior and Yokozuna on the last card! I am sure Hogan would gain massive interest in a market like that and they would probably be entertained by him Hulking up on Elias

Outsider 06-10-2018 05:06 PM

The main benefit is that people would buy some merch.

The main drawback would be having an over the hill, attention hogging racist on the show.

XL 06-10-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5131963)
I'll start watching again if Hogan returns. Only credible challenger to Lesnar. They should give Hogan a SummerSlam to Wrestlemania title reign

It’s about the only win that he never got back, so I could see it happening.

XL 06-10-2018 05:14 PM

Also, he’s pretty much the only guy that hasn’t given his seal of approval to Reigns.

Emperor Smeat 06-10-2018 06:53 PM

Outside of a quick ratings pop, nothing of real value by bringing him back. They have a lot more to lose by bringing him back just from the bad PR alone. Even worse if the rumors of them wanting to turn his racism stuff into a sympathy storyline for his return.

xrodmuc316 06-10-2018 08:25 PM

I would assume any return isn't going to be in a wrestling role. Oh course that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen once. I would think he would get back to where he was before, guest hosting, network participation, Ambassador role stuff.

Sepholio 06-10-2018 08:39 PM

Hollywood Hogan comes back and is the figurehead for a new age nWo, filled with rasslers tired of the status quo so they are going to kick ass and take the reigns for themselves.

:shifty:

Sepholio 06-10-2018 08:41 PM

They go across both shows wreaking havoc too. I'm thinking guys like KO, Evil Shinsuke, Dolph Ziggler, Elias, among others.

:shifty:

Jordan 06-10-2018 11:35 PM

There isn't any benefit of signing Hogan other than nostalgia.

Jordan 06-10-2018 11:46 PM

And that nostalgia is really strong with a lot of people. I am a little tainted on the Hulkster but I did grow up watching him a lot so I have a fondness for him.

Sixx 06-10-2018 11:50 PM

Bring back the mustache!

Too few people sport mustache these days.

Mr. Nerfect 06-11-2018 05:25 AM

I wouldn't bring him back, personally, because I think the guy is trash and I don't care for what he can do, but it will probably get a lot of attention. And the WWE's Fox demographic is not going to care that he's a piece of shit.

DAMN iNATOR 06-11-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5131991)
It’s about the only win that he never got back, so I could see it happening.

I'm not so sure he ever beat Rock either...lost to him at WM x8 and No Way Out 2003 and I'm pretty sure those were their only two encounters.

Blue Demon 06-11-2018 08:51 AM

At this point, there isn't any. He's just some guy relying on his name now.

Shisen Kopf 06-11-2018 09:21 AM

Hogan is a legend in the business and he could be brought back for special events like WM and make him a character on Camp WWE. Yeah hes a sleazeball but so are many of the old school legends.