TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jim Cornette / Mick Foley (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133755)

mike adamle 08-15-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5002651)
I think your opinion sucks because it sucks too. Great discourse, Dave. Dale -- this is what someone who gets pissed off because you like something looks like. There's no attempt to defend some sort of objective metric here -- this is just a dude with a thorn in side, because he doesn't like my tone or whatever, making gripe because he can.

I was never particularly one-sided on the issue, because I hadn't made up my mind -- I was discussing it. That's what a discussion board was for. It got jumped on by people who took it to be an exaltation of Jim Cornette, possibly because of my pass biases, but I'm not afraid to defend my points, hombre. Let's have this out, if you can muster up the gumption.

I've fallen on the point where if I was Mick, I wouldn't take the gig. I think it's dumb, shitty, counterproductive, inane and Ryan's disposition towards people I like is smug and generally shitty. Didn't he accuse Jim Cornette of homophobia because he didn't like men being booked to touch his dick for comedy? I'm sure the goobers go along with it, but there's something creepy about a promoter that does this. And he's done it with women too, who again, I'm sure are willing, but it's just something I'd stay away from if I were promoting.

So yeah, I'd rather take another unnecessary bump for someone else. I wouldn't be caught dead there. Mick Foley isn't a starving artist, so he doesn't really have that excuse. But I guess he's of a different opinion, and that's his business. I'm just going to consider anything post 2004 in his career "non-canon."

That being said, as I said, I doubted Cornette will be personally offended by Foley doing it, and he wasn't. It's the trend of the product. It's just frustratingly shit, and it's starting to dampen my general love of even wrestling, because the goofy Raw/Smackdown shit is now leaking over into the independents.

Why is it so sad that a guy that pulled a sock out of the crotch of his pants for years is doing a crotch spot here? And then putting over the talent in the spot? The crowd loved it, are they wrong for that too? Was Santino and the cobra not the same exact spot but not with his dick? Was that sad and pathetic too? Is there anything in wrestling you actually do like because you seem to have a problem with everything.

Lock Jaw 08-15-2017 08:43 PM

Imagine if Santino's Cobra HAD been his dick.

I bet he would have won that Royal Rumble for sure.

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-15-2017 08:55 PM

Noid is a baby sometimes. It's really what it comes down to. The quicker we accept it, the better.

Evil Vito 08-16-2017 12:12 AM

I won't hear another bad word about dick spots in wrestling. Let's hear from WWE's newest big acquisition.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CU8F_vLDwDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#BROKEN Hasney 08-16-2017 08:11 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My dick is now Cryme Tyme verified. Backstage with <a href="https://twitter.com/Jtg1284">@Jtg1284</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/Shadbeast">@Shadbeast</a> on Saturday at <a href="https://twitter.com/WWAISNOW">@WWAISNOW</a> in Owensboro, KY. <a href="https://t.co/iFRt7eyhUZ">pic.twitter.com/iFRt7eyhUZ</a></p>&mdash; Joey Ryan (@JoeyRyanOnline) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/897653379173937152">16 August 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ultra Mantis 08-16-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5002390)
That's fair enough. I don't know what I would do in this particularly circumstance. I don't enforce my opinions onto others, so if they take jobs I wouldn't, I don't look down on them, but I have also refused work because I know a dude has a gripe with a friend of mine. So to each their own, I guess.

Cornette doesn't like the dick spot. Foley likes the dick spot. Therefore why wouldn't Mick Foley do the dick spot?

Vastardikai 08-16-2017 02:55 PM

I want to see Joey Ryan vs.Minoru Suzuki. Because...

1. Suzuki does do comedy matches. But doesn't believe in traditional collar and elbows as they look "fake." Hence all the hand fighting for a couple second lockup.

2. How would you suggest this spot to him and live?

3. I am afraid to let Suzuki near my arms. I personally wouldn't want his hand on my dick.

#BROKEN Hasney 08-18-2017 04:14 PM

Did Jim Cornette think of anyone in the wrestling business before joining an actual joke of a promotion?

James Steele 08-19-2017 08:10 PM

So...GFW is trying to use the popularity of wrestling podcasts to improve ratings? MLW (who is over the Cornette and Prichard podcasts) is hosting a one-night-only show next month. GFW vs MLW coming soon? Podcast Wars turned from a shoot to a work? Jim Cornette vs Vince Russo in SIX SIDES OF STEEL AT BOUND FOR GLORY?!?!?!?!

I called this in a Cornette thread awhile back. Freakin' marks. :roll:

SPOILER: show
I'm being somewhat facetious, btw.

Bad News Gertner 08-19-2017 08:13 PM

HHH only got where he is due to Steph's pussy and he's a mid carder without her

James Steele 08-19-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5004382)

70s and early 80s WWF fucking sucks, and Triple H was WWE Champion before he even dated Stephanie.

Mr. Nerfect 08-19-2017 08:28 PM

HHH fucking sucked in 1999. Rock and Foley gave him capital and he's been cashing it in as an over-hyped mid-carder ever since. Chris Benoit drew as much on PPV as him in 2000.

#1-norm-fan 08-19-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5004382)

That's just not true.

... Sucking HBK's dick had something to do with it, too.

James Steele 08-19-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5004411)
HHH fucking sucked in 1999. Rock and Foley gave him capital and he's been cashing it in as an over-hyped mid-carder ever since. Chris Benoit drew as much on PPV as him in 2000.

:roll:

I didn't realize it was still 2005.

James Steele 08-19-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5004415)
That's just not true.

... Sucking HBK's dick had something to do with it, too.

https://media.giphy.com/media/lgF69kad2I1qg/giphy.gif

http://image.blingee.com/images15/co...56_1292887.gif

Mr. Nerfect 08-19-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 5004454)
:roll:

I didn't realize it was still 2005.

Did numbers change?

James Steele 08-19-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5004500)
Did numbers change?

Was Triple H not still in marquee matches on those same PPVs as Chris Benoit? Were Benoit's numbers in 2004 as good as HHH's from 02-03? HHH's numbers from 04-05 and the rise of Batista were pretty good. Business seemed to dip when Triple H quit being a full time performer. Triple H headlined the single biggest house in WWE history. There can be a lot of arguments against Triple H, but that Benoit was a bigger draw is quite a shitty one to pick.

Also, one of them is a murderer who almost destroyed the wrestling business.

Bad News Gertner 08-19-2017 10:16 PM

JBL was a better draw than that rating vacuum HHH. Turned Vince from a Billionaire to a Millionaire

mike adamle 08-19-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5004411)

One more thing Noid doesn't like. Shocking,:roll:

James Steele 08-20-2017 02:19 AM

Why is Mike Adamle so sad in your avi, mike adamle? He get addicted to the crack?

James Steele 08-20-2017 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5004594)
JBL was a better draw than that rating vacuum HHH. Turned Vince from a Billionaire to a Millionaire

Bigger draw than Bob Backlund.

Tom Guycott 08-20-2017 02:24 AM

Love how this thread went from Cornette not liking "the dick spot" to how mediocre Triple H is.

Juan 08-20-2017 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 5004675)
Why is Mike Adamle so sad in your avi, mike adamle? He get addicted to the crack?

I think it's from a video where he talks about having dementia

Juan 08-20-2017 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 5004677)
Love how this thread went from Cornette not liking "the dick spot" to how mediocre Triple H is.

Trollin' ain't easy

James Steele 08-20-2017 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 5004678)
I think it's from a video where he talks about having dementia

Damn. :'(

James Steele 08-20-2017 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 5004679)
Trollin' ain't easy

When did Noid make a heel turn? He was a Sami Zayn/Seinfeld annoying but lovable face for years.

Fignuts 08-20-2017 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 5004682)
When did Noid make a heel turn? He was a Sami Zayn/Seinfeld annoying but lovable face for years.

He started hating literally everything.

Sixx 08-20-2017 04:27 AM

All this talk of Young Bucks convinced me to watch a match of theirs. I don't think they're bad, but the abuse of superkicks and their looks and smiles are awful.

(watch their match against Hardys from something called HOH)

Bad News Gertner 08-20-2017 09:56 AM

HHH cost the company two T.V deals due to ratings sagging while he was champ: the first USA deal and Spike TV

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-20-2017 11:28 AM

According to HHH he is the reason for the attitude era's success, and only him. Nobody else.

Vastardikai 08-20-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 5004712)
All this talk of Young Bucks convinced me to watch a match of theirs. I don't think they're bad, but the abuse of superkicks and their looks and smiles are awful.

(watch their match against Hardys from something called HOH)

The Bucks never heard of the phrase "Less is More." Then again, they're marks who wear tights.

Cornette's bridge too far was super kicking a kid. Mine was when one of them threw down a guy from a tombstone because the other half of the Meltzer Driver was broken up.

That said, there is some good stuff from them, you just have to dig through a mountain of shit to get to the gems. I saw them win a 4 corner tag match with "More Bang for your Buck." I had seen three sequences very similar to it that didn't lead to a finish. This one did, and I was like "Wait, that's it?"

#1-norm-fan 08-20-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike adamle (Post 5002731)
Was Santino and the cobra not the same exact spot but not with his dick?

Wait... I missed this. One is an actual strike to the throat and the other is a guy with superhuman strength in his dick. How are you even comparing these two things? To not have a problem with it is one thing but let's not act like it's remotely the same thing much less "the exact same thing" as other silly wrestling moves. lol

Bad News Gertner 08-20-2017 04:56 PM

Lol remember when pretty much the entire Raw roster in 2004 wanted to move to Smackdown to get away from HHH

mike adamle 08-20-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5004764)
Wait... I missed this. One is an actual strike to the throat and the other is a guy with superhuman strength in his dick. How are you even comparing these two things? To not have a problem with it is one thing but let's not act like it's remotely the same thing much less "the exact same thing" as other silly wrestling moves. lol

It was a strike to the middle of the shoulder. And it only worked after he put the sock puppet on his hand. So a deadly strike to the shoulder via sock puppet isn't comparable to a deadly grip via dick? It's the same "you know it's fake but it's supposed to be funny" shtick.

mike adamle 08-20-2017 05:09 PM

And let's not forget how Santino Marella almost won the Elimination Chamber and World Title from Daniel Bryan via the cobra. I don't remember anyone having a problem with it either.

#1-norm-fan 08-20-2017 05:18 PM

He was doing the move before the sock puppet. And even if it was closer to the shoulder than to the throat, it was an actual strike to someone's body as opposed to A DICK WITH MAGICAL POWERS. lol It's not comparable.

#1-norm-fan 08-20-2017 05:21 PM

If someone hits you with their hand really hard in the throat/shoulder/chest/whatever, it's at least going to hurt. If you grab someone's cock, their cock is not gonna do any damage much less grab your hand back, twist your arm and then throw you around, FFS.

mike adamle 08-20-2017 05:38 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BLg2ZxbgjL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah looks really painful. (Sarcasm.) It's exactly what I said it was with or without the sock. He still has the set up for it that screams "you know this is fake but laugh with me here." Just like the Joey Ryan dick spot.

#1-norm-fan 08-20-2017 05:47 PM

A video of him botching the move and missing the guy does not make a strike to the body "the same spot" as a guy throwing dudes around with his dick. Come on, man. lol

#1-norm-fan 08-20-2017 05:50 PM

If you wanna compare the fakeness of the two, at least go with the time where he was gonna hit Khali with it but Khali did the snake charmer thing to stop it. I mean... you can still explain that away with the fact that the Santino character was borderline retarded. But at least that would be a little better of a discussion than a strike to the body being the same as a guy with magic powers in his dick.