TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jim Cornette / Mick Foley (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133755)

Bad News Gertner 08-06-2017 03:05 PM

The Joey Ryan stuff is retarded and horrible.

Shadrick 08-06-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4999107)
The Joey Ryan stuff is retarded and horrible.

I'll suplex you with my dick

Vastardikai 08-06-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 4999098)
I love comedy in wrestling, but I oddly find some things to get boring quickly. Like that Joey Ryan penis stuff. I dunno. It was funny the first time or two, but now I'm just like :-\ when I see videos of it online.

Comedy spots usually tend to just get more and more ridiculous to try and top themselves, but by then it's just gotten old already or it's run it's course.

The first dick spot was funny because he was wrestling Danshoku Dino, an aggressively gay character whose offense REVOLVED around grabbing his opponent's dick, trying to kiss them, etc. That's the ONLY reason why it was funny.

Bad News Gertner 08-06-2017 11:18 PM

Next time Foley cries about being called a whore: tweet him that video. Foley talks out of both sides of his ass constantly.

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-06-2017 11:33 PM

Mick is very desperate to remain relevant. Part of me feels for him.

Nicky Fives 08-06-2017 11:39 PM

I love Mick, but doing that makes me like him much, much less..... keep that crap for no-names I've never heard of and I won't care....

DaveWadding 08-06-2017 11:49 PM

are you fucking serious? You lost respect for a guy that had a career renaissance based on pulling a fucking decorated tube sock out of his pants and stuffing it in people's mouths because he grabbed a guy's dick and flipped?

Destor 08-07-2017 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveWadding (Post 4999182)
are you fucking serious? You lost respect for a guy that had a career renaissance based on pulling a fucking decorated tube sock out of his pants and stuffing it in people's mouths because he grabbed a guy's dick and flipped?

The claw is legit hold

Destor 08-07-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4999187)
The claw is legit hold

Let me clarify: you wont pass out or what have you but its not as cartoon as the cobra strike for example

Destor 08-07-2017 12:20 AM

It has far more IRL credibility than the stunner does

Mr. Nerfect 08-07-2017 04:09 AM

I don't even consider the Joey Ryan dick spots comedy. They aren't funny. A penis having superpowers is below the lowest common denominator. The Young Bucks aren't what I consider funny either. They just suck. People are complacent with their shit, so why would they change? But they fucking suck.

Mr. Nerfect 08-07-2017 04:40 AM

I can't defend Mick Foley anymore. The dude is a whore and it's a damn shame he's fallen as far as he has.

RP 08-07-2017 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura (Post 4998870)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Joey Ryan uses his penis to block Mr. Socko and flip <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley">@RealMickFoley</a> at <a href="https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling">@OTT_wrestling</a> in Dublin, Ireland. <a href="https://t.co/sq9kZ6l6ZB">pic.twitter.com/sq9kZ6l6ZB</a></p>&mdash; Joey Ryan (@JoeyRyanOnline) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/894027334797451264">August 6, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's retarded. Cant wait to hear what Cornette says about it.

Mr. Nerfect 08-07-2017 05:12 AM

He's already commented. He just said "I love Mick Foley, but this shit is ridiculous and it's sad to see someone who has meant something endorse it. Sorry, but that's the truth and Mick needs to hear it." Not verbatim, but something like that. Basically calling Mick out on it like he would anybody.

Mick Foley has also taken to Twitter or Facebook or something and said that the reason he did it was because of all the smiles it put on people's faces. There isn't one person that isn't smiling, apparently. Well, I'm not smiling, Mick. Does my smile mean anything to you?

Juan 08-07-2017 05:20 AM

I've never seen a Young Bucks or Joey Ryan match.

Also, I think I would be more bothered by Foley doing that spot if he was an active wrestler. The dude can barely move and he seems to enjoy "comedy wrestling." Let the man take a dick bump ffs

Mr. Nerfect 08-07-2017 05:23 AM

I think it bothers me more because he shouldn't be bumping given the health he's in. Meh, it's his body. Whatever. I just can't bring myself to emotionally invest in a man that doesn't seem to be that invested in his own reputation.

Juan 08-07-2017 05:25 AM

That ship sailed when he went to TNA

RP 08-07-2017 05:25 AM

Welp! If Mick giving handjobs puts smiles on the fans faces, you gotta do it i guess.

Mr. Nerfect 08-07-2017 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 4999225)
That ship sailed when he went to TNA

Yeah, this isn't Foley's first offense. That's why it's hard to really feel sorry for him.

Mr. Nerfect 08-07-2017 06:40 AM

On the topic of Cornette/Foley, I was just thinking about this on my drive back from work:

I'm not sure if Corny will take it this way, but I think there's a case to make for this being a bit of a personal slight. Maybe that's a bit extreme, but think about it. Let's say I was in the music industry once upon a time, and there was a new producer that was releasing stuff and it was overly simplistic, effortless, and the dude was blocking off real artists from getting gigs. Let's say it's because he uses real simple lyrics and shitty autotune. And whether or not you agree with my assessment of it being tasteless and having a bad effect on live music or not, but that dude then releases a song with a good friend of mine in that exact same vein -- it makes me look like a bit of an asshole, haha.

I mean, I doubt Mick was thinking about Cornette. Maybe Ryan wasn't either. But regardless, it's just a bit...man, it's just a bit disappointing. I would consider whether or not I should feel betrayed by that. I mean, even if my friend didn't feel the same way about the music industry, and felt that autotuned repetitive bullshit wasn't polluting the scene and wasn't hurting more serious artists and making their music harder to find, I would probably not do it on principle. Because it's not like I don't have a back catalogue of stuff, and it's not like I'm not basically retired from the music industry. I'd probably just nix the idea and say "I actually get what you are trying to do, man, but it's just something I can't bring myself to do. But if you've got some young up-and-comer on your album, I'll record proper vocals with them, or something."

I dunno, maybe I'm not thinking realistically. But I actually think Cornette has good cause to feel personally insulted that Foley would work with Ryan. I wouldn't feel the same about Foley doing something with Omega though. I think it's because Omega actually tries now.

Mr. Nerfect 08-07-2017 06:41 AM

Anyway, right about now seems like the best time to do that SCG Trial of Mick Foley...

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-07-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4999229)
On the topic of Cornette/Foley, I was just thinking about this on my drive back from work:

I'm not sure if Corny will take it this way, but I think there's a case to make for this being a bit of a personal slight. Maybe that's a bit extreme, but think about it. Let's say I was in the music industry once upon a time, and there was a new producer that was releasing stuff and it was overly simplistic, effortless, and the dude was blocking off real artists from getting gigs. Let's say it's because he uses real simple lyrics and shitty autotune. And whether or not you agree with my assessment of it being tasteless and having a bad effect on live music or not, but that dude then releases a song with a good friend of mine in that exact same vein -- it makes me look like a bit of an asshole, haha.

I mean, I doubt Mick was thinking about Cornette. Maybe Ryan wasn't either. But regardless, it's just a bit...man, it's just a bit disappointing. I would consider whether or not I should feel betrayed by that. I mean, even if my friend didn't feel the same way about the music industry, and felt that autotuned repetitive bullshit wasn't polluting the scene and wasn't hurting more serious artists and making their music harder to find, I would probably not do it on principle. Because it's not like I don't have a back catalogue of stuff, and it's not like I'm not basically retired from the music industry. I'd probably just nix the idea and say "I actually get what you are trying to do, man, but it's just something I can't bring myself to do. But if you've got some young up-and-comer on your album, I'll record proper vocals with them, or something."

I dunno, maybe I'm not thinking realistically. But I actually think Cornette has good cause to feel personally insulted that Foley would work with Ryan. I wouldn't feel the same about Foley doing something with Omega though. I think it's because Omega actually tries now.

What the hell is this post. How are we not supposed to consider you anything more than a Cornette regurgitator/felatiator after this ridiculous post?

Jordan 08-07-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 4999248)
What the hell is this post. How are we not supposed to consider you anything more than a Cornette regurgiator/felatiator after this ridiculous post?

Everyone fucking knows wrestling is as fake as Trumps hair piece. Cornette is a mark and a nerd. Probably hates that Disney owns Star Wars, I bet he thought Rouge One "ruined the franchise". Jim Cornette is good for an annoying voice, but that's it. His online contribution to the EXISTING industry is about as helpful as sandpaper hemeroid wipes.

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-07-2017 09:09 AM

I enjoy Jim Cornette. Love listening to him rant, and within some of the bullshit he spews, there is sometimes some sense involved. But I don't blindly follow what he says because he knows who Red Bastien is.

slik 08-07-2017 09:18 AM

Jim Cornette doesn't even hate/dislike 99% of the things he claims to. He is just working an audience and getting people talking/interested in the J. Cornette brand.

Shisen Kopf 08-07-2017 09:23 AM

Mick Foley can grab whoever's dick he wants to. He's a legend. It doesn't make the world work but whatever. At least hes not Lex Luger

Shisen Kopf 08-07-2017 09:23 AM

Lex Luger killed miss Elizabeth BTW

Shisen Kopf 08-07-2017 09:24 AM

Never forget that

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-07-2017 09:27 AM

Shisen-adding value as usual.

Destor 08-07-2017 09:30 AM

Least he didnt post two black dudes tongue fucking each others fart boxes

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-07-2017 09:33 AM

that's more of an rp thing

#BROKEN Hasney 08-07-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

I mean, I doubt Mick was thinking about Cornette. Maybe Ryan wasn't either.

I doubt anyone involved was thinking about Cornette, much like in their usual day to day life.

Ol Dirty Dastard 08-07-2017 09:46 AM

I hope Noid is relentlessly #PostShamed for that stinker.

Shisen Kopf 08-07-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 4999268)
Shisen-adding value as usual.

What can I say. I've been to 4 Rasslemanias

#BROKEN Hasney 08-07-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4999045)
They use the crotch chop as a signature taunt, FFS. In 2017. In "professional" wrestling companies. lol

I don't understand the issue here. An evil foreigner is WWE champion. In 2017.

Wrestling rarely evolves with the times.

Shisen Kopf 08-07-2017 11:09 AM

It's PrettyStupid and it's not serious business rasslin but its not supposed to be and anyone who gets worked up over this is a moron.

screech 08-07-2017 11:21 AM

Just watched this. It was dumb, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Nothing to get worked up over, really.

This won't ruin my enjoyment of other wrestling. This also won't ruin my enjoyment of Foley. I can watch an old match of his and still be into it. He could also show up on RAW or SD this week and I'd be happy to see him.

You either enjoy this kind of stuff or you don't. Like Vito said, there's plenty of other rasslin out there to watch instead.

Shisen Kopf 08-07-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

No. This is all wrong. Please redo but this time get it right.

#BROKEN Hasney 08-07-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 4999314)
Just watched this. It was dumb, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Nothing to get worked up over, really.

This won't ruin my enjoyment of other wrestling. This also won't ruin my enjoyment of Foley. I can watch an old match of his and still be into it. He could also show up on RAW or SD this week and I'd be happy to see him.

You either enjoy this kind of stuff or you don't. Like Vito said, there's plenty of other rasslin out there to watch instead.

Yeah and honestly, I dug it the first time Joey Ryan did it. It's just a bit too long to be a signature move. Like Lio Rush being a zombie and then noselling a package piledriver through a table isn't entertaining to me, but it doesn't offend me.

Lock Jaw 08-07-2017 12:40 PM

Wow, like chill out everybody. I can't believe something as innocuous as a penis driven hip toss has caused such an uproar.

Like, its not such a big deal, guys.