TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Jessica Jones - Netflix Original Series (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=130524)

Lock Jaw 10-23-2015 01:41 PM

Jessica Jones - Netflix Original Series

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4BhVcy36kvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Might as well make a thread for this. Comes out in one month! I never read the Alias comic books, so this will be all new to me. Looks like it will be "quite dark"....

Corporate CockSnogger 10-23-2015 01:52 PM

I know very little about the source, but I'm looking forward to David Tennant as Purple Man

slik 10-23-2015 02:16 PM

This looks pretty good

Rammsteinmad 10-23-2015 03:30 PM

Typical "is that black guy Luke Cage?" question right here.

Lock Jaw 10-23-2015 04:03 PM

Yes. Yes, he is.

Jura 10-23-2015 06:12 PM

Is Jon Jones ducking Jessica Jones?

Shadow 10-24-2015 04:31 PM

God damn Tennant. You're gonna make this fucking series work.

The Destroyer 10-25-2015 04:50 AM

Never really followed Jessica Jones in the comics so I wasn't too excited when this first got announced. Trailer makes it look pretty good though. :y:

Blonde Moment 10-25-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 4720303)
God damn Tennant. You're gonna make this fucking series work.

Like you didn't know that already...
It's Tennant

Fignuts 10-25-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Destroyer (Post 4720464)
Never really followed Jessica Jones in the comics so I wasn't too excited when this first got announced. Trailer makes it look pretty good though. :y:

Alias is actually extremely good. You should look it up. Can't find it on marvel unlimited because it's a max title but it's totally worth reading.

Corporate CockSnogger 11-19-2015 06:41 PM

Just renewed Netflix membership. 20 minutes to go. Let's do thisssss.

Corporate CockSnogger 11-19-2015 06:46 PM

Damm. Maybe not. Just read it'll be uploaded at midnight America time. I'm sure Daredevil was uploaded midnight UK time on our Netflix.

Oh well. I'll just watch some in the morning before work instead of tonight.

ClockShot 11-19-2015 08:36 PM

Holding off on watching this until after Thanksgiving.

On vacation then and I'll have something to watch.

Blonde Moment 11-19-2015 09:04 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uCvQPCB_Fi8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blonde Moment 11-20-2015 06:36 AM

So far so good.
Might limit myself to 2 a day to stretch it out.

Corporate CockSnogger 11-20-2015 06:42 AM

Purple Man has a good level of creepiness in the first ep. Think I'm gonna try and watch a couple of episodes tomorrow morning, then hinge whatever's left on Sunday.

The Destroyer 11-20-2015 07:59 AM

Might start on this later today but I'm feeling a bit burned out on TV, been playing catchup since I got back from holiday. Reviews look good, so hopefully it's going to be up to Daredevil standards.

Shadow 11-20-2015 08:54 AM

Will watch the first episode of this or so with dinner tonight then do the rest at work or something.

Tammy 11-20-2015 09:24 AM

Jessica makes me milky and horny call me at 914-966-0600 or text me heyKIRA at #45678

slik 11-20-2015 09:40 AM

Super looking forward to this series. Going to try and binge it over the weekend.

Kalyx triaD 11-21-2015 02:48 PM

On the last two eps left.

SPOILER: show
Purple Man needs his own show.

Lock Jaw 11-21-2015 08:00 PM

So, I finished this already.

Overall a very dark show. Overall, not sure I liked it more than Daredevil, but was pretty sweet.

Killgrave the most creepy evil villain possible. The feeling of tension and paranoia was almost "too intense" sometimes.... I can't even "fathom" a being with that kind of powers and what he could do....

Not sure how a season 2 could possibly top this season. How do you from something as intensely personal and threatening as this, to go to investigating a shady company behind your origins......

VSG 11-21-2015 09:11 PM

Halfway through the season and I like it. Not as much as Daredevil but this can definitely stand on its own. I just wonder if this is going to go like Heroes with a villain that can't be matched in future seasons.

Corporate CockSnogger 11-22-2015 07:29 AM

Fight scenes are a bit shit. All Jessica does is throw people or lift them off the ground. I don't think she's even thrown a punch yet.

I guess it sort of makes sense since she's not trained to be a fighter, just has super strength, just doesn't make for extremely interesting fight scenes.

Corporate CockSnogger 11-22-2015 07:30 AM

Tennant is Fantastic though.

Lock Jaw 11-22-2015 02:51 PM

Spent last night trying to sleep, but pondering this show...

Like, I really don't know what the right course of action would have been....

Jessica decided not to kill Killgrave at first, but to try to get evidence to save Hope..... but as a result many more lives were destroyed and Hope killed herself (which was devastating, BTW).... All stuff that Jessica couldn't know would happen, but still....

Had they killed him when they first had the chance, a lot of death, pain, and misery could have been spared.... but Hope would have been stuck in jail for 20 years....

Essentially, Simpson was right from the beginning in calling that they should kill him... being able to see things from an "objective" POV.... but I guess Jessica was hoping to get some sort of justice, not only for Hope, but for herself as well....

But then had to give up all Hope on getting justice, and finally just settled for ending it....

VSG 11-22-2015 03:55 PM

Yeah pretty much. Now that I finished the season I understand that
the partnership in the middle of the season was never going to work either even if I wanted it to go on longer.

Kalyx triaD 11-22-2015 05:34 PM

Finished it.

- Nice that Claire's essentially the Agent Coulson of these shows.
- Kilgrave was just menacing. And kind of hilarious. But yeah scary.
- Great Hellcat sequence when 'Patsy' got the super steroids. Wonder how far this operation goes and if any big players (AIM, Hydra) are involved.
- If Luke has connections to the experiments Kilgrave was subject to, were they connected to IGH as well? I thought they were going that direction but I guess not.
- Even more reveals of how absolutely horrifying the final battle of Avengers was for people.
- Two Defenders down, two to go.

dronepool 11-22-2015 06:03 PM

Awesome show.

Kilgrave is probaly MCU's creepiest villain yet. Loved him and everybody else.

Kalyx triaD 11-22-2015 06:08 PM

Reuben's twin sister/lover whatever that was is the most bizarre character and story arc I've seen in some time.
Dude's face when he took her to her bro's resting place was basically my face. "You're in to me, I get it. The romantic backdrop, it's working." Fucking wow.

After today I'm not gonna be on this spoiler tag thing just like DD. You had a weekend. Ye be warned.

Lock Jaw 11-22-2015 06:43 PM

A weekend really isn't "appropriate time" for spoilers.... but yeah, people should probably just stay out...

On the subject of the twin sister.... I believe she said "It's not working" about the "romantic backdrop"..... Also, I don't know why you put twin sister/lover.... did not get the "lover" vibe after they said they were twins.... Just two very weird, probably mentally challenged in some way, people.....

Kalyx triaD 11-22-2015 06:46 PM

I'm pretty sure it was implied there was weird shit going on especially with how she assumed Jessica was in to him but sure, maybe I took a crack Jessica made overly serious.

CSL 11-22-2015 06:53 PM

4 episodes in, much better than Daredevil. Probably the most interesting thing Marvel have done on TV or film for me if it continues this way.

Rammsteinmad 11-23-2015 05:12 PM

Did you enjoy Daredevil, though?

CSL 11-23-2015 08:26 PM

eventually, first 4-5 episodes felt like a giant slog (although I'm good with slow-burn stuff, I don't think that was the case, just thought it was pretty dull) so I'll check out season 2. Have liked this from episode 1 however.

mitchables 11-24-2015 04:21 AM

i'm about six episodes in, digging it heaps and v impressed etc but my issue is less with the show itself than its role in the mcu and what it says about how fractured marvel's 'shared' universe has gotten when you've got not only major franchise characters that can't be referred to by name ("the big green guy", "the flag waver" etc) or their actions only get referred to in passing ("the incident", "dropping a city out of the sky"), not to mention the barely noticeable tv adventures of s.h.i.e.l.d, but you've got two shows on the same freaking network/streaming service/whatever that are supposed to be part and parcel of establishing a big ol' team-up show down the line but feel barely related at this stage. maybe i am speaking out of turn having not yet watched to the conclusion, i don't know.

i know there's a crossover still to come with the night nurse and all but like... no passing reference to the vigilante running around hell's kitchen? the fact that there were like... several explosions in a few days in the neighbourhood? daredevil was literally all over the frigging news in his own show, but to watch jessica jones you wouldn't know it. there have been plenty of opportunities for throwaway references - not even direct ones TO murdock, but even just things in his universe; jeri could've offered to refer hope's case to the other big firm that matt and foggy left to start theirs, for example, just to show this is still the same borough, much less the same universe.

just seems weird that on arrow/flash, every other week it's "cisco whipped this up at star labs" or "i sent this to caitlin" or "barry couldn't be here", or once or twice a season, "holy shit it's barry and caitlin and cisco" and it's like, YEAH, arrow and flash SHARE a universe. this is nice. this is good. this is how it should be. it's not JUST the payoff of having robert downey jr show up at the end of your hulk movie so that it can be claimed to be 'in continuity'; especially on tv, it's the week-to-week reminders that this is still a part of something bigger that also count.

i get that jessica jones, being a max book, technically occupied her own little corner of the marvel universe anyway, but her best friend was carol danvers and she solved cases for superheroes and luke cage became an avenger, so she didn't exist in a vacuum. and with things moving towards defenders faster than they seem prepared for, i don't know if playing it the same way they played the pre-avengers films - ie completely separately - is the best path to take. or, if it is, then the singular 'shared universe' maybe doesn't matter off the big-screen as much as we thought it did.

mitchables 11-24-2015 04:22 AM

tl;dr: show is amazing but the singular mcu seems increasingly vague and unnecessary

VSG 11-24-2015 08:40 AM

Keep watching but yeah nothing like what CW does.

Blonde Moment 11-24-2015 10:10 AM

Will have to see wha tthe Second season of Daredevil does as well as Luke Cage

Frank Drebin 11-24-2015 11:33 AM

Solid show. Dark as fuck. Wasn't impressed with the villain at first but he wound up being one of the best. Not really interested in a Luke Cage show to go along with Jones and DD though. Whatever. Really enjoyed this.

Kalyx triaD 11-24-2015 12:57 PM

Completely agree with Mitch. If they're afraid of saying certain things that would harm the tone (Shit, Sex, Drugs, Rape, CHITAURI), that's fine. But it's starting to get noticeable how they go out of their way to keep things vague. It's cool that Trish flat out says aliens did attack but even that makes the other vague references stand out. And yeah, it's even more jarring since these people are literally a few blocks away from each other.

dronepool 11-24-2015 09:17 PM

Did anyone catch the Dark Knight references?

There was 2 of them.

Lock Jaw 11-24-2015 09:27 PM

Tell us.

Kalyx triaD 11-24-2015 09:33 PM

Like... Batman Dark Knight?

Lock Jaw 11-24-2015 10:21 PM

Also, I am on the opposite boat of liking that it didn't reference the "larger MCU" more. Makes it feel more "special".

I didn't feel like it was awkward at all. Not like Supergirl is.

Frank Drebin 11-24-2015 10:22 PM

This was also supposed to take place in Hell's Kitchen, right? I remember at one point, JJ said she needed a lawyer and, totally forgetting about Jeri, I thought she was going to mention DD.

dronepool 11-25-2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4735395)
Tell us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4735398)
Like... Batman Dark Knight?

After Simpson asks Jessica if she's alright, she replies with "What doesn't kill us makes us stranger."

"You can die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain if you let life take control"

Lock Jaw 11-26-2015 12:37 AM

Yeah... probably noticed them at the time.

Kalyx triaD 11-26-2015 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dronepool (Post 4735910)
After Simpson asks Jessica if she's alright, she replies with "What doesn't kill us makes us stranger."

"You can die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain if you let life take control"

Hmm. Seems like coincidences.

Corporate CockSnogger 11-26-2015 08:04 AM

Just finished it. I think I maybe preferred it to Daredevil, but I could be getting swayed by being a fan of Tennant.

Only downside was the sibling neighbours. Horrible characters.

McLegend 11-27-2015 07:11 PM

Anyone else think there is something weird about Carrie Ann-Moss' neck?

mitchables 12-01-2015 08:07 AM

crossover was a nice touch but the finale? felt kinda shoehorned in. could've been more incremental and organic over the course of the season instead of BAM HEY REMEMBER THE NIGHT NURSE

still A+ maiden season though. nuke should be fun next round or whenever. tennant was incredible as per usual. keen for luke cage. weird that iron fist series might not go ahead in its original form since daredevil actually laid a fair bit of groundwork for it (which i guess added to my bemusement at jj's lack of world-acknowledgment)

CSL 12-01-2015 10:42 AM

finished a few nights ago, thought it dropped of quality wise over the last few episodes but still enjoyed it as a whole. Claire stuff in the last episode was a bit daft, "yes strange bitch lady I've known for 1 minute with unconscious strange man, I will leave my shift at work as well as probably break however many rules or protocols and come and stay with you for days :y:"

Lock Jaw 12-01-2015 11:46 AM

Yeah, I agree a bit about Night Nurse showing up in the last episode. Felt like "Oh, so NOW you're gonna do a bit of crossover? You had all season!"

McLegend 12-01-2015 07:05 PM

I think Daredevil overall was much better. Also I think Wilson Fisk was better developed character then Kilgrave. I sympathized a lot more with Fisk then I ever could with Kilgrave... Now with that said...

Kilgrave is a terrifiying villian. What a fuckin menance. He might be Marvel's best villian so far. A lot of that stuff was disturbing.

Kalyx triaD 12-02-2015 01:15 AM

The blender 'Are you focused now?' scene obliterated my nerves.

Sixx 12-05-2015 09:15 AM

The episode where Jessica takes Kilgrave to do good is just fucking brilliant.

I started watching a few days ago, but was drunk and had to rewatch so I'm 8 episodes in. I was never into the character of Jessica Jones in the comics, didn't care about her at all, but this show is amazing. They keep up the good work they could make a TV show about Phone Ranger and make it cool.

Sixx 12-05-2015 01:17 PM

Btw, anyone else thinks Det. Clemons totally looks like Morgan Freeman?

Also, I knew I recognized the character from somewhere and sure enough, he was in Punisher comics. He beat his wife and he died trying to help his partner who owed the mob.

KIRA 12-05-2015 05:26 PM

It's such an odd feeling being weirded out by David Tennant

Sixx 12-06-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corporate CockSnogger (Post 4733475)
Fight scenes are a bit shit. All Jessica does is throw people or lift them off the ground. I don't think she's even thrown a punch yet.

I guess it sort of makes sense since she's not trained to be a fighter, just has super strength, just doesn't make for extremely interesting fight scenes.

Yeah, I got one episode left to watch. The last had the fight scene between Jones and Cage. It was fucking terrible.

Sixx 12-06-2015 03:52 PM

OK, finished it. Good show overall.

Bruno Mars was so much better when he was on drugs, when he cleaned up he became an irritating pussy. Fuck that guy. Or give him drugs again, dunno.

Kalyx triaD 12-06-2015 05:34 PM

I think he was a pretty good character to really dig into the 'real' effects of being a normal person caught up in the MCU's crazy world. I imagine people Loki put under control could use that support group. Selvic was near crazy after Avengers.

Tom Guycott 12-07-2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchables (Post 4735023)
tl;dr: show is amazing but the singular mcu seems increasingly vague and unnecessary

I'm very late to the party. Just started JJ, and only 3 eps in, so I super danced around all those spoiler tags... even the incorrectly made one by Kt.

But I just wanted to reply to this particular thing. I don't feel the same way. I like that the world is shared, but don't need to see a crossover every other show (like Flash) to enjoy their own stories. Even that is a weird meter, because the DC 'verse is segregated between TV and cinematic... Batman exists, but it is technically neither Bale nor Affleck, he just "is Batman" somewhere in the ether.

I don't pick up an X-Men comic and expect to see a team-up every time, but am aware they share continuity with Spider-Man, Shi'ar, or Alpha Flight. Also, there is no hard measure of time between this and DD save for this being post-Avengers, so who's to say the lack of Daredevil crossover isn't partially due to this not running exactly parallel? Kinda like the first Resident Evil movie, where it technically began before the first game, but Alice ends up waking up in the hospital about the time period during the second game, but had no immediate bearing or interactions with either. It was a beautiful standalone story that still took place in universe. Shoehorning her into the events directly with major game characters, which is what the sequels did, is where they started getting dumb really fast.

It is nice to have the *possibility* of interaction, but it doesn't need to be everywhere all the time. Especially since every new show with more characters farther down the MCU hierarchy are looked at as experimental, and not knowing if the show will take off or fail.

Rammsteinmad 12-07-2015 07:51 AM

I'm eight episodes in. Fantastic show! I enjoyed Daredevil more but that's mainly because I'm more familiar with the characters (and DD is one of my faves). I've never actually seen David Tenant in anything, but he has been brilliant as Kilgrave.

Miotch 12-07-2015 02:56 PM

This was quite good, but like most have said I don't think it touches Daredevil. It will be interesting to see the formation of Heroes for Hire in Luke Cage.

Kalyx triaD 12-07-2015 03:12 PM

I haven't thought of that. Luke's show is a good place for Iron Fist to debut.

Miotch 12-07-2015 03:20 PM

Misty Knight confirmed, so I think it's all but certain. Iron Fist still up in the air though, which seems ridiculous to me.

McLegend 12-07-2015 05:25 PM

This might be unfair statement, but a Luke Cage show doesn't interest me at all.

Lock Jaw 12-07-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miotch (Post 4740410)
Misty Knight confirmed, so I think it's all but certain. Iron Fist still up in the air though, which seems ridiculous to me.

He is definitely getting his own show.

Sixx 12-07-2015 06:58 PM

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=127731

Marvel hired Scott Buck as Iron Fist showrunner.

Scott Buck produced Six Feet Under and Dexter for a while.

Rammsteinmad 12-08-2015 08:06 AM

Finished! Loved it! As I said before, Tenant was an absolute joy to watch, and was so hate-able. Loving the "Marvel Knights" series or whatever these street-vigilante-level heroes are being classed as. Can't wait for whatever's next, and I'd love to see some crossover stuff with the movies at some point. Perhaps Daredevil could have a cameo in Civil War?

ron the dial 12-09-2015 03:53 AM

binged the whole thing today. great series. loved the dark tone. probably shouldn't have watched it all in one day. just want more now.

Sixx 12-09-2015 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron the dial (Post 4741419)
binged the whole thing today. great series. loved the dark tone. probably shouldn't have watched it all in one day. just want more now.

I watched it in a matter of about a week, but I still feel empty inside now.

Tom Guycott 12-10-2015 09:36 PM

Just finished. Fuck.

I know it is a long shot, and what I posted before about crossovers still holds true, but I really hope some circumstance has Rosario show up in a movie. Or at least an episode of Agents. Hell, even land her a job with Damage Control.

Less to do with Night Nurse, and more to do with me wanting more Rosario Dawson.

Tom Guycott 12-10-2015 09:46 PM

Also, the whole show has had a lingering distraction of me equating Krysten Ritter with Dr. Girlfriend that I couldn't unsee, so I had to look past. The strong facial features, the upturned nose, the perperual "pissed at The Monarch" look she had the whole time... she's a Doc Hammer overdub away.

Shadow 12-11-2015 10:28 AM

Look me in the fucking eye and tell me you wouldn't wreck Dr. Mrs. The Monarch?

Fignuts 03-15-2016 11:13 PM

Finally got around to watching this. Think I like it more than daredevil. Mainly because the cat and mouse game between jess and killgrave was a blast the whole way through whereas daredevil while also great, dragged at times.

And yeah, killgrave was awesome. Not much else that needs to be said there.

Had no idea Nuke was going to be in this. I didn't even know officer simpson was Nuke until he was in the hospital and he said "Gimme a red" and I marked out like crazy.

Pretty obvious at this point that Killgrave, Jess, and Luke were all given powers by IGH which is a cover for some evil organization, my guess being A.I.M.

Kalyx triaD 03-16-2016 11:09 PM

I would love for AIM to have a hand in this. Or anything that ties further to the MCU. They should stop being shy about it already.

slik 02-07-2018 02:16 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hSvnepZS26s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Destor 02-07-2018 03:06 PM

so much yes

Helmsphere 02-07-2018 03:12 PM

Holy Shit, So excited and thank god my Netflix is already paid for 3 months so I don't forget to watch this.

Lock Jaw 02-07-2018 06:26 PM

Gonna be very hard, probably impossible, to top the first season. Looking forward to this a lot, though.

Helmsphere 02-07-2018 06:35 PM

Well So Far, Netflix is 1-0 in the Second Season being better then the first when it comes to Marvel.

Lock Jaw 02-07-2018 06:38 PM

I'd say Daredevil season 1 was better than season 2

Helmsphere 02-07-2018 06:56 PM

Both were good, but I liked 2 more. Just felt it flowed and lacked the lag of Season 1 which was a better story ark. I just only rate it lower because of the lagging of things in Season 1.

RP 02-07-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5083324)
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hSvnepZS26s" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I loved season one mostly because David Tennant is amazing in everything and he was amazing as Kilgrave. And based on the end of that trailer, it looks like Kilgrave could be back. God I hope so.

RP 02-07-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5083406)
I'd say Daredevil season 1 was better than season 2

The Punisher story lines in season two and the scenes were amazing. I thought the Punisher killing scenes in Daredevil season 2 were more graphic then in his own show.

Kalyx triaD 02-07-2018 07:43 PM

I sincerely hope the directors stunt doesn't screw up this season.

Lock Jaw 02-07-2018 07:50 PM

What stunt?

Kalyx triaD 02-07-2018 08:59 PM

Marvel Studios excluded male directors. Every director this season is female, by gimmick rather than merit. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing, not with WW or BP either (though they lucked out). Cpt Marvel also disqualified based on gender for a female director. Probably gonna be a 'thing' now.

Destor 02-07-2018 09:02 PM

Sexist/racist decisions like those are very sexy right now

RP 02-07-2018 09:11 PM

#metoo

Sixx 03-03-2018 05:36 AM

Heh, I wasn't keeping track so I had no idea season 2 was so close to be released. Was at a bus stop and saw a poster, which just had "Jessica Jones, March 8th", no mention it's season 2 and was like "Oh come the fuck on, are we seriously over 2 years late with that show?" but then I went home and checked. Good, gonna binge that shit.

Lock Jaw 03-03-2018 07:19 AM

Yeah, I saw yesterday that it dropped on the 8th and I had the same reaction (except for thinking it was talking about the first season)

XL 03-03-2018 12:39 PM

I think Sixx thought it was about the first season too.

Sixx 03-03-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5090882)
I think Sixx thought it was about the first season too.

I think what he meant was that he did NOT think that. :D

XL 03-03-2018 01:47 PM

Ah. I see. He had the same reaction in that he hadn’t been keeping track and was surprised.

Sixx 03-03-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5090901)
Ah. I see. He had the same reaction in that he hadn’t been keeping track and was surprised.

I think so.

Anyway, I don't have Netflix, but people are kind and the torrents are up the very same day. :)

Lock Jaw 03-03-2018 02:07 PM

I think it's gonna be very tough to top the first season

Sixx 03-03-2018 02:08 PM

Yeah, people that've already seen it say it lacks a villain.

Hard to top Tennant, but is there even a particular villain here? Trailer shows some Asian guy a few times, but he doesn't seem like much.