TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Justice League (2017) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=131934)

mitchables 07-22-2017 09:58 PM

Also that newest poster is carrying some *heavy* Alex Ross vibes. Nice.

Dug the new trailer. Lot to like there. I am also cautiously optimistic about it. Presuming teaser at the end is Supes, but I've seen people positing that it's possibly a GL (I liked Steppenwolf's line about there being "no Lanterns" on Earth - lol our planet alone has like three times more Lanterns than any other sector of the universe) or even Martian Manhunter.

Sixx 07-22-2017 10:05 PM

Nah, it's totally Superman.

Alfred doesn't know Green Lantern and he seemed to know the "guest".

Lock Jaw 07-22-2017 10:24 PM

I'm telling you, it was the T-Rex.

Destor 07-23-2017 12:21 AM

I want lock jaw to be right more than i can express

Ezra 07-23-2017 01:00 AM

Hope the tease in Greenie.

Good trailer. I never thought I would say this but I will miss Ol' Ben as Batman.

Damian Rey 2.0 07-23-2017 01:25 AM

If you look closely you can see red in the corner of the shot. Deff Superman.

Emperor Smeat 07-24-2017 10:09 PM

According to a report from Varety, Warner Bros has spent around $25 million so far on reshoots for the film. Also currently causing problems for some of the cast in terms of their own filming schedules since its been going on for the past 2 months.

One big reason is due to the new director wanting to flesh out more of the stuff Synder filmed so the scenes link or fit better together.

In terms of comparisons, a normal reshoot process is usually just 1-2 weeks and between $6-$10 million at most.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ju...ts-1202502433/

Lock Jaw 07-24-2017 10:17 PM

Also, apparently in the reshoots, Henry Cavill has a mustache which they will need to digitally remove for each shot........

Fignuts 07-24-2017 10:34 PM

Why the fuck

Just ask the mother fucker to shave ffs

Lock Jaw 07-24-2017 10:37 PM

Apparently he is already working on another movie, where he has a mustache, and is contractually obligated not to shave. So he is splitting his time between his new movie, and re-shoots on Justice League.

Fignuts 07-24-2017 10:38 PM

Contractual mustaches now

What a bunch of fags

Lock Jaw 07-24-2017 11:00 PM

Otherwise the other movie would have to digitally ADD a mustache

Or just have no mustache at all, which of course would just be absurd.

Ezra 07-24-2017 11:30 PM

Well maybe he is giving mustache rides the whole movie and without it the character would look absurd.

Kalyx triaD 07-25-2017 12:41 AM

Very sloppy, but Joss knows what he's doing.

Kalyx triaD 07-25-2017 12:42 AM

Also you wouldn't have digitally add a mustache. Press ons are tried and true to this day.

BigCrippyZ 08-03-2017 12:48 AM

Let's be honest, if anyone can save this it's Joss. I honestly can't think of anyone I'd want more to try to fix it.

Emperor Smeat 08-12-2017 03:44 AM

One of the actors of the film gave a reason for why extensive reshoots are being done.

Quote:

Now one of the cast has revealed that the reshoots are intended to lighten the film's tone.

In a recent interview with IGN, Joe Morton, who plays Dr. Silas Stone in the movie, explained that "the film felt too dark" prior to the reshoots. In particular, changes had been made to Ray Fisher's character Victor Stone, AKA Cyborg.

"I know that with Ray, the young man who plays Victor, there were some adjustments that they made in terms of the tone of that character," Morton said. "I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark. I don't know what that meant in terms of how it actually got translated in terms of the reshoots but that's what I heard. That's what I thought some of the reshoots were about."
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ju.../1100-6452473/

Rammsteinmad 08-12-2017 05:54 AM

Isn't that what's been said about every DCEU movie?

Kalyx triaD 08-12-2017 03:30 PM

Just Suicide Squad.

Fignuts 08-12-2017 05:00 PM

I liked that DC went for a darker, grittier style. It differentiated them from marvels movies.

Kalyx triaD 08-12-2017 05:32 PM

They misunderstood the issue people had with the tone. It wasn't that it was dark. Imo it just ran astray of what makes heroes work. If you over-deconstruct it gets kinda hard to root for them.

Emperor Smeat 08-17-2017 10:08 PM

The original ending planned is rumored to have been changed for something more lighter in tone and scope.

Rumored to now make it more of a stand-alone film than what Marvel has been doing with the Avengers and Civil War films. Would give the next film's director more options for expanding on this film's story or going in a new direction instead.

Quote:

Sciretta explains that the original plot for Justice League largely dealt with gathering up the Mother Boxes — Darkseid's incredibly advanced alien technology that was lost on Earth. Head of the Mother Box Easter Egg Hunt is Stepphenwolf, the leader of Darkseid's army. So basically, Justice League Part One was the same kind of set-up as The Avengers (and the rest of the MCU) was to Infinity War, putting all the pieces in play, assembling some powerful alien tech (Infinity Stones/Mother Boxes) and foreshadowing the arrival of a bigger, badder, bluer, bad guy. But now all that is set to change:

"The original ending of the movie from what I understand was, [Stepphenwolf] was kind of playing the Silver Surfer role, with Darkseid playing the Galactus role, and the ending of the movie was a cliffhanger and 'Justice League 2' was going to be 'Justice League vs Darkseid'. Ya know, Darkseid arrives at Earth. This kind of down, dirty ending, and from what I understand that has been completely removed. The ending ends the movie like a movie, it doesn't end on a huge cliffhanger now."

Allegedly, Justice League originally ended on a cliffhanger, with the team gearing up for their ultimate fight with Darkseid, who was to be the Big Bad of Part Two. But just like Infinity War went from being a two-part movie to being self-contained, it seems that Joss Whedon has wrapped Justice League up neatly — and Darkseid may not factor into the DCEU until much later.
Quote:

These changes are pretty drastic. If Sciretta's information is correct, it sounds like Justice League will be a self-contained plot, allowing whoever takes on Part Two to do whatever they like with it, and whether that means bringing in Darkseid or taking on another epic crossover event from #DC's history, remains to be seen.
https://moviepilot.com/p/justice-lea...-rumor/4347289

Sixx 08-19-2017 04:01 AM

Superman with a mustache would be amazing.

Sixx 08-19-2017 04:01 AM

Also, I totally want a mullet Superman at some point.

Destor 11-09-2017 10:31 AM

Studio head shortens run time to 119min

Damian Rey 2.0 11-09-2017 11:57 AM

Critic embargolikely not lifted until next Wednesday. Not a good sign.

Destor 11-09-2017 12:08 PM

usually isnt...

Lock Jaw 11-09-2017 12:31 PM

I heard one review already though..... I think..... remember reading somewhere that someone or multiple people said it was closer to Wonder Woman in quality than BvS..........

Destor 11-09-2017 12:32 PM

Im hope so! Wondy was GREAT

El Vaquero de Infierno 11-09-2017 01:51 PM

It can't be any worse than Suicide Squad....

Damian Rey 2.0 11-09-2017 02:41 PM

The close to wonder woman rating was for a fan screening. Which means jack shit. Bvs and suicide squad received positive reception after fan screenings. Fucking bvs was said to be better than the dark knight.

I'll wait for the critical response, but I doubt it's better than Man of Steel.

The soundtrack leaked on YouTube. Elfman was lazy and brought back both the original John Williams Superman theme and his Batman theme, both of which I question in terms of how they fit completely different interpretations of each character. We'll see, but I rather like the Zimmer Superman stuff and the recent Batman music from bvs was interesting.

Damian Rey 2.0 11-09-2017 03:08 PM

Just as I say this, Warner Bros issues a statement that social media embargo lifts tomorrow at 9am PST. No reviews allowed but general reactions are. That's maybe a good sign that Whedon salvaged whatever garbage Snyder had worked up.

Kalyx triaD 11-09-2017 03:50 PM

The music is awesome. Do not care that he redid old themes. Lazy is what Zimmer of all people did on BvS. Batman theme was shit, when in doubt use Superman's piano theme, and Wonder Woman's theme was all Junkie XL.

Damian Rey 2.0 11-09-2017 04:11 PM

Wonder Woman theme was all Zimmer. The Batman theme is from Junkie XL. Zimmer brought in XL specifically to do Batman because he didn't wanna touch it.

The original themes are great, but I don't feel they fit with the new incarnations. I feel like each version should have their own theme. Like, the Elfman theme in no way fits the Nolan Batman, nor would it have for the Schumacher Batman.

I really enjoyed Zimmer's Superman stuff. "Flight" and "What are you gonna do..."are, imo, heroic Superman tracks that I wish we were getting back.

Allegedly the Zimmer cues are in the film but the OST being released next week.

Destor 11-09-2017 04:19 PM

Honeslty the old themes are the only ones I want to hear when I see the characters

Damian Rey 2.0 11-09-2017 04:32 PM

To each their own. I can appreciate each take ad unique to its version of the character.

Kinda like TAS Batman. Definitely cues from the Elfman stuff but Shirley Walker did her own thing with it.

Kalyx triaD 11-09-2017 04:34 PM

I'm gonna have to dispute the Junkie XL thing, he very clearly talks about working on WW's theme.

Damian Rey 2.0 11-09-2017 05:10 PM

Pretty sure it was Zimmer but I'll look into it

Damian Rey 2.0 11-09-2017 05:14 PM

https://youtu.be/oJ1NCbeSH6E

Skip to about the 8:30 mark. Zimmer tells the story of how he came up with the Wonder Woman theme

Kalyx triaD 11-09-2017 05:35 PM

The track is credited to both of them.

So I'm thinking either Hanz filled the track with a sound that echoes Fury Road's score more than his own sound, or it's an honorary credit.