TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dear WWE - Let's save Bobby Lashley (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134994)

RP 05-28-2018 01:48 PM

Dear WWE - Let's save Bobby Lashley

Tonight. Starting tonight!!!!!!!!! Drop this sister bullshit. Have Lashely vs Zayne and end this feud. Both can be doing better things. End it early in the show too. Then mid show, have Heyman show up. Everyone will think he's gonna talk about Brock. Long story short. Have Paul Heyman look for new talent to manage and have him approach Bobby Lashley. Heyman can play it off like he needs to get paid and Lesnar dont work every week or PPV.

The goal here is the have Lashley have a great mouthpiece to get him over. And also to build up to a Lashley vs Brock feud with Heyman in the middle of it, now being the manager of both men.

There... was that hard?

I'm unemployed. Feel free to contact me if you need a good creative mind. Thanks.

Simple Fan 05-28-2018 01:58 PM

Don't really need another Paul Heyman guy. I'd say put him with Corey Graves and see how Graves does as a manager.

RP 05-28-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 5127657)
Don't really need another Paul Heyman guy. I'd say put him with Corey Graves and see how Graves does as a manager.

NO

You're missing the point. They want to build towards Lashley vs Brock. So have Heyman manage both. That's the point.

RP 05-28-2018 02:01 PM

Heyman makes Lashley his new " full time " monster. Because Brock is part time. And it leads to a feud between Lashley and Brock. This makes so much sense. It really does.

Bad News Gertner 05-28-2018 02:07 PM

They should put Lashley in Titus Worldwide

Simple Fan 05-28-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5127660)

Yep, way better idea.

RP 05-28-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5127660)

That's racist !

Anybody Thrilla 05-28-2018 02:10 PM

I like RP's idea here. If they fuck up on Lashley THIS QUICKLY, I don't even know if I can forgive it. And I forgive A LOT with this company. Lashley's really fucking good.

LibSuperstar 05-28-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP
Heyman makes Lashley his new " full time " monster. Because Brock is part time. And it leads to a feud between Lashley and Brock. This makes so much sense. It really does.

So much sense WWE likely won't do it.

Destor 05-28-2018 02:44 PM

I havent watched since his debut. How bad is it

RP 05-28-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5127676)

It's 1986 Space shuttle Challenger bad

O-rings were loose on the launch.

James Steele 05-28-2018 03:06 PM

Lashley is a clumsy charisma vacuum.

mike adamle 05-28-2018 03:25 PM

This storyline would be too similar to the Lesnar-Punk SummerSlam storyline

KIRA 05-28-2018 03:29 PM

You know what I think the scenario we were all pushing could have really worked as far as his sisters are concerned if he had turned out to just be the psychotic monster who comes across as really calm that would have been awesome he was actually pulling it off in that interview they should have just run with it.

Ruien 05-28-2018 03:29 PM

Huge Lashley fan. If they wont let Rollins be the face of the company then I want it to be Lashley.

#1-norm-fan 05-28-2018 03:51 PM

If Lesnar is out soon, Lashley absolutely should get Heyman as a mouthpiece and be pushed to the moon.

Simple Fan 05-28-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike adamle (Post 5127694)

Also similar to Brock/Big Show when Heyman turned on Brock.

Anybody Thrilla 05-28-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Seven years is almost up.

Anybody Thrilla 05-28-2018 04:52 PM

If they're trying to take Punk's reign, they may as well take his storylines too. Have Bobby Lashley put John Cena through a table whilst wearing a Steve Austin shirt, go to the top of the ramp, sit cross-legged, and say hello to Colt Cabana. Why the fuck not.

Emperor Smeat 05-28-2018 07:05 PM

Best way to salvage Lashley is to just fire whoever came up with the sisters storyline and then watch some tapes from Impact to learn why he did a lot better there.

Like a lot of debuts, WWE rushed him too quickly and didn't have any real plans for him which led to this terrible family storyline.

slik 05-28-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

I wasn't the biggest Lashley fan the first time but wanted to give him a fair shot.

I almost feel bad for him at this point, the crowd doesn't really react to him and WWE made his finisher a vertical suplex. The two segments involving his sisters are probably the weirdest thing in WWE in 2018 so far. It's not his fault, they just have no idea what to do with him.

Anybody Thrilla 05-28-2018 07:19 PM

They should have just had him crack some skulls out the gate, but they tried to get "cute" with it, and now no one could possibly give a fuck about him.

RP 05-28-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Literally 75% of the fan base does not remembers this.

ClockShot 05-28-2018 07:57 PM

They can do whatever they want with Lashley.

Just, don't usurp Braun as the fans' darling at the moment.

RP 05-28-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClockShot (Post 5127831)
They can do whatever they want with Lashley.

Just, don't usurp Braun as the fans' darling at the moment.

This is not about Braun. This is about getting Bobby Lashley over and gettng Bobby Lashley to a Lashley vs Brock Lesnar match

RP 05-28-2018 08:22 PM

BTW, I think WWE is looking at this and they will take my idea. And i'm very ok with it.

Sixx 05-28-2018 08:33 PM

I used to think of Bobby Lashley as a black Brock. Haven't seen him since his return, so dunno is he any good now.

Shisen Kopf 05-28-2018 08:35 PM

Lashley doesnt need any lame backstory. He should run thru the roster all summer and have a match with Brock at Summerfest

Sixx 05-28-2018 08:39 PM

He should team up with Sheamus and have "Ebony and Ivory" as their entrance theme.

LibSuperstar 05-28-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shisen Kopf
Lashley doesnt need any lame backstory. He should run thru the roster all summer and have a match with Brock at Summerfest

Straight dominance!

xrodmuc316 05-28-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5127666)
That's racist !

Not if they get Tozawa back

xrodmuc316 05-28-2018 09:24 PM

What they should really do with Lashley is just have him be a killer, think a mix of Big E in NXT and bully Rybac k with a more vicious streak.

Definitely not big smiles happy Lashley.

Mr. Nerfect 05-29-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

He himself has looked fine. They have seemed to have been careful with not having him overshadow anyone so there isn't backlash. He teamed with Braun a lot as a way of making him feel like "Braun's friend," so the crowd doesn't feel like he is taking Braun's spot, you know? Does his delayed vertical suplex and the crowd is polite and pops for it. It's that tightrope between him just being a dude very soon after returning though, but they seem to want him cool.

But the fucking sit-down interview with Renee Young. Holy shit, it was comically bad. I'm fairly certain it was done to get people to "relate" to him, and make him seem "nice" and like a "role-model." It's so fucking creepy, man. I got this vibe of the JR/Mankind interviews, thinking "Man, Lashley is actually demented," except I am fairly certain that is not actually the point. He talks about how his sisters used to abuse and mercilessly tease him, but he fake laughs and says that he loves them, as Renee stares on, looking generally sad with life, or like she's trying to look sad so she doesn't laugh. They're edited so starkly. There's nothing natural or organic. It's like someone programmed a robot to try and understand complex human interactions, and it came out sounding a bit like a horror story.

Apparently Vince "liked them" and thought they were effective.

Mr. Nerfect 05-29-2018 10:11 PM

This is a company where you have to turn heel so that people can head canon a personality for you, because as a heel you get to be a bit of an ass and feel a lot more connected as an individual. If Lashley is going to be a babyface, he needs to turn heel first, show himself as ruthless, not sell like a geek that slips on banana peels all the time, etc. Then people might begin to think "Hey, Lashley is cool" and start to cheer him.

Dark One 05-29-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5128649)
He himself has looked fine. They have seemed to have been careful with not having him overshadow anyone so there isn't backlash. He teamed with Braun a lot as a way of making him feel like "Braun's friend," so the crowd doesn't feel like he is taking Braun's spot, you know? Does his delayed vertical suplex and the crowd is polite and pops for it. It's that tightrope between him just being a dude very soon after returning though, but they seem to want him cool.

But the fucking sit-down interview with Renee Young. Holy shit, it was comically bad. I'm fairly certain it was done to get people to "relate" to him, and make him seem "nice" and like a "role-model." It's so fucking creepy, man. I got this vibe of the JR/Mankind interviews, thinking "Man, Lashley is actually demented," except I am fairly certain that is not actually the point. He talks about how his sisters used to abuse and mercilessly tease him, but he fake laughs and says that he loves them, as Renee stares on, looking generally sad with life, or like she's trying to look sad so she doesn't laugh. They're edited so starkly. There's nothing natural or organic. It's like someone programmed a robot to try and understand complex human interactions, and it came out sounding a bit like a horror story.

Apparently Vince "liked them" and thought they were effective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5128651)
This is a company where you have to turn heel so that people can head canon a personality for you, because as a heel you get to be a bit of an ass and feel a lot more connected as an individual. If Lashley is going to be a babyface, he needs to turn heel first, show himself as ruthless, not sell like a geek that slips on banana peels all the time, etc. Then people might begin to think "Hey, Lashley is cool" and start to cheer him.

We don't agree on a lot any more, but this is super accurate.

That said, at this point they should just start telling more and more batshit insane sister stories.

xrodmuc316 05-29-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark One (Post 5128663)
We don't agree on a lot any more, but this is super accurate.

That said, at this point they should just start telling more and more batshit insane sister stories.

I'm with you, I want them to double down hard on this. Make it the groundwork for Lashley's all smiles character being like Ted Bundy. Happy and charming as a front to gain trust, but underneath he is a violent psychopath who loves hurting people as much as his sisters loved hurting him.

RP 05-29-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5127684)
It's 1986 Space shuttle Challenger bad

O-rings were loose on the launch.

I feel incredibly old that no one got this joke.................

xrodmuc316 05-29-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5128679)

I was 4 when that happened lol

RP 05-29-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 (Post 5128680)
I was 4 when that happened lol

It was a very thinly veiled joke..

Destor 05-29-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5128679)

I got the joke