TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marvel V Capcom Infinite (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132533)

#BROKEN Hasney 11-29-2016 01:50 AM

Marvel V Capcom Infinite

Looks like the sources are truly out there.

Quote:

Marvel and Capcom characters will duke it out in a new crossover fighting game coming to consoles next year. Multiple sources tell Polygon that Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is currently in development and slated for release sometime in 2017.

Capcom will unveil Marvel vs. Capcom 4 this week alongside Sony’s PlayStation Experience event, we’ve been told, where the Capcom Cup 2016 Street Fighter 5 tournament will be held.

Fans of the series should expect Marvel vs. Capcom 4's roster of Marvel characters to draw strongly from the cinematic universe that Marvel Studios has popularized — and has full control over — during the past decade. That means fighting game fans will more likely see characters plucked from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy films, and not from properties like the X-Men. Expect to see superheroes like Ant-Man and Groot make appearances, with characters of mutant origin — think Wolverine and Magneto — sitting out this entry.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/28/13...-capcom-4-news

Fignuts 11-29-2016 02:21 AM

Still not confirmed, but it's looking more likely by the day.

alvarado52 11-29-2016 03:11 AM

would be pretty lame if they left out characters simply based on the fact that other companys own their movie rights. There are a great many iconic characters that shouldnt sit any of these games out.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-29-2016 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 4892794)
would be pretty lame if they left out characters simply based on the fact that other companys own their movie rights. There are a great many iconic characters that shouldnt sit any of these games out.

I mean, they're even killing off the comics with Death of X from what I've read. They're really wanting to make X-Men and Fantastic Four worthless so they get them back. Might have to wait for 5.

I'd laugh if Spiderman was PS4 exclusive because they have the rights or something dumb like that though.

Kalyx triaD 11-29-2016 11:38 PM

The game itself might be PS4 exclusive.

alvarado52 11-30-2016 01:53 AM

Well, at least we'll finally get Daredevil in an MvC game (which has been a pretty big omission imo).

Kalyx triaD 11-30-2016 03:30 AM

And Loki most likely.

Fignuts 11-30-2016 03:41 AM

Thanos as the nd boss, probably.

Mercenary 11-30-2016 09:37 AM

So 10 bucks for one character dlc this time?

Destor 11-30-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercenary (Post 4893343)
So 10 bucks for one character dlc this time?

It's 2017. $17 ftw

Fignuts 11-30-2016 02:22 PM

Don't worry. You'll be able to earn them for free, so long as you have no life and can play hundreds of matches a day.

Kalyx triaD 11-30-2016 04:41 PM

Given how SFV is going we may likely see a seasonal free update style. Especially since Capcom clearly don't have the funds to drop a full fighter these days.

Personally they should scale back and do Marvel Superheroes 2, since the Infinity Stones tie into the MCU so prominently now.

Or maybe simply Avengers Vs Street Fighter.

Fignuts 12-01-2016 11:15 PM

Newest rumor is that it won't be a "4" at all, but a series reboot.

Also a possibility of some sort of update for UMVC3. Likely a remaster or bc release for xbone and ps4

Guess we'll just have to wait until saturday.

Fignuts 12-01-2016 11:24 PM

Ya know what would be interesting? If it was literally the MCU. And the capcom characters designed realistically to fit in in with that. Like, just the visual aesthetics. Same crazy gameplay.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-03-2016 01:13 PM

Iron Man, Ryu, Mega Man and Captain Marvel all shown at PSX. It's legit. Called MvC Infinite.

Gameplay reveal tonight

#BROKEN Hasney 12-03-2016 01:27 PM

Only announced for PS4, but it's a Sony event, so who knows yet.

Emperor Smeat 12-03-2016 02:02 PM

I'd assume its going to other platforms mainly because the lack of platform logos or "console exclusive" tag at the end of the trailer.

Not even sure if Capcom can afford to take another chance at having another fighting game be exclusive like with Street Fighter V on consoles.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-03-2016 02:07 PM

I think it could go either way. Sony have a close relationship with Disney and because of Capcoms issues, they could have ponied up for the Marvel licence for them.

Emperor Smeat 12-03-2016 02:09 PM

Coming to Xbox One and PC as well according to the official trailer Marvel released for it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aAOgJ9y0Ots" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#BROKEN Hasney 12-03-2016 02:14 PM

Sweet, honestly relieved Capcom has the cash.

Ruien 12-03-2016 02:17 PM

Why did they have to make Megaman look like a punk?

#BROKEN Hasney 12-03-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4894494)
Why did they have to make Megaman look like a punk?

Capcom from the past 10 years.

Fignuts 12-03-2016 02:37 PM

Holy shit, people can finally stop bitching that X isn't in a vs game.

Wish Captain Marvel had her cool helmet mohawk look, but I guess she might not wear that in tne comics anymore. I use marvel unlimited, so I'm a bit behind.

Fignuts 12-03-2016 02:46 PM

Also let the speculation begin on the villain. Was going to say it looks like Emperor Sardius from Super Ghouls and Ghosts, due to the eyes in the chest, but the shape of the head doesn't match. Maybe a marvel villain wearing Sardius' armor.

Kalyx triaD 12-03-2016 03:24 PM

Ultron merged with somebody maybe. But Thanos makes the most sense as the villain if the infinity stones are having a big part in gameplay again.

Also looks to be 2v2. Very good.

Mercenary 12-03-2016 10:26 PM

Glad I waited

Kalyx triaD 12-04-2016 01:31 AM

Gameplay trailer looks good. Very Tatsunoko like. Slower gameplay makes 4plyr gameplay much more feasible. Humorously the assets are modified MvC3 models so we have to remember Capcom is broke.

Carol gets her mowhawk during some kind of power up state. Proton Cannon us back. Didn't think old moves would return for Marvel characters.

Tag cancels are very SFxT which is good

Emperor Smeat 12-04-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Informer
Though we just our first look at Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite yesterday, Capcom and Marvel weren't quite done for the weekend. After the conclusion of the ESPN2 Capcom Cup Broadcast, we got a longer cut of the gameplay trailer we saw yesterday, including two new characters: Captain America and Morrigan Aensland.

The two new characters seem pretty faithful to their previous incarnations. Captain America has tried-and-true sheild throw move and Charging Star super, while Morrigan has her shadowy uppercut and Darkness Illusion super. You can watch the two show off their combo prowess below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/udJXP1qjfUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fignuts 12-05-2016 12:59 AM

Give me Sigma.

Kalyx triaD 04-28-2017 04:14 AM

-------(Tag)
---(HP)---(IS)
(LP)--(HK)
---(LK)

- Left shoulders will likely be binds for PP and KK.
- You can tag from neutral, during normals/specials/supers, from hitstun(!), and while not seen in any vids likely during blockstun, imo.
- OTGs are much easier with seemingly more moves able to pick people up from hard knockdown.

Infinity Stone System:

- The Infinity Stones are chosen before matches.
- Each stone has a usable 'skill' and a 'trigger' state called Infinity Storm.
- Stones can be used to compensate or increase elements of characters.

Time Stone
- Skill: Dash/teleport movement that can cross-up enemies. Also used for bargaining, I hear.
- Infinity Storm: Along with the skill, your speed is bonkers. Attack recovery is reduced to near Alpha 2 custom combo levels.

Space Stone
- Skill: Draw people in close to you.
- Infinity Storm: Traps people in a Tesaract. While they can still attack and block, you're still stuck in place in a Marvel game.

Power Stone
- Skill: Close range attack that wallbounces. Can cancel normals into it.
- Infinity Storm: YOU CALL ME BOY!? (Increased power and it seems wall and groundbounces from moves?)

SPECULATION:

Soul Stone: Likely life recovery or life zapping.

Mind Stone: Dunno, but Vision shoots a laser out of it in the movies so maybe an extra beam attack?

Reality Stone: I'm thinking a debuff of some sort.

Fignuts 05-01-2017 03:37 AM

Ultron Sigma is the main antagonist.

Ultron is on the default roster.

Sigma is dlc.

wat

Kalyx triaD 05-01-2017 04:35 AM

Yeah that's really odd. They might say his moveset and balancing isn't finished but nobody would buy that. Many people will buy Sigma, tho. With cash.

Also all the core MCU Avengers are already confirmed except Widow. So I'm thinking...

Kalyx triaD 06-13-2017 12:13 AM

<iframe width="700" height="394" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9eJoVJAjADI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Though DBZ may actually out-Marvel Marvel in the insanity department, this is still looking good.

Kalyx triaD 06-14-2017 11:07 PM

Fignuts, your Mad Titan is beast.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5lhKVFMo4co" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Emperor Smeat 07-26-2017 06:13 PM

Capcom stated the Day 1 patch for the game includes Chun-Li getting a face change after the negative reception to the current version of the character.

https://www.destructoid.com/capcom-i...h-451269.phtml

Kalyx triaD 08-22-2017 04:07 PM

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TmJqa5iNS3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's the roster, no Loki. No lots of characters. But it still looks good in motion.

Fignuts 08-22-2017 04:23 PM

Besides Thanos, everyone I want to play is DLC.

Fuck.

alvarado52 08-22-2017 10:45 PM

WHERE'S DAREDEVIL!?

Kalyx triaD 08-22-2017 10:57 PM

Where's Asura?

It's almost glaring.

Kalyx triaD 09-15-2017 06:26 PM

Rumored season 1 DLC:

SPOILER: show
Marvel
-Black Panther (confirmed, Sabretooth/X23 rushdown type)
-Winter Soldier (Gun theme zoner type)
-Venom (similar to his past Vs series moves; long range normals, trappy specials, some spidey stuff)

Capcom
-Sigma (confirmed, mix-up type, the tricky stuff Ultron Sigma has came from Sigma)
-Monster Hunter Girl (Uses that big ass sword to deal heavy damage)
-Gill (basically as he was in 3rdS, resurrection and all)

Possible secondary Infinity skills and surges (hope this is false as it's being mentioned as a dlc rumor)

Destor 09-15-2017 07:10 PM

Honest question: does having the Capcom crossover add any revenue? Are there people who buy this off those brands? Would a Marvel tag fighter be just as viable?

Kalyx triaD 09-15-2017 07:33 PM

An exclusively Marvel character fighter? This series started as just that, and Marvel Super Heroes is still an amazing fighting game on every level. Looking at Injustice people will go for a Marvel fighter, especially a Marvel Super Heroes 2, which MvCi kinda is technically speaking.

X-Men Academy and that odd X-Men arena fighter EA did were... eh. So we'd want Capcom on top of it.

Ruien 09-15-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5015576)
Honest question: does having the Capcom crossover add any revenue? Are there people who buy this off those brands? Would a Marvel tag fighter be just as viable?

Mega Man!

Drakul 09-16-2017 04:57 AM

I want to be interested in this game and I just can't do it and I'm not sure why.

Kalyx triaD 09-19-2017 07:41 AM

Gill is deconfirmed.

Black Widow is in his slot, tho. An extra Marvel character.

Fignuts 09-21-2017 07:09 AM

Roommate actually picked this up for me, since I helped build some shelving for him in his room a few weeks ago.

Tried some characters out in training. Going to take a while to get used the basics even. I like Thanos. I fucking LOVE Gamora.

Honestly don't know how much I'll play it though. All in on Destiny 2, rocking GTA Online with Heisenberg, and Gundam Versus comes out Tuesday.

Fignuts 09-21-2017 07:16 AM

Also, someone data mined the game and found 12 DLC slots as opposed to 6. So there could be a second "season" of dlc characters. ugh.

Kalyx triaD 09-21-2017 01:27 PM

Think capcom said they'd do it in season packs. I don't mind, makes more sense here than other fighters.

Fignuts 09-21-2017 03:50 PM

Way a particular story scene plays out it almost seems like you would have to fight black panther and monster hunter.

Had that happened I would have mailed the game to capcom's offices with a fresh turd squashed inside.

Fignuts 09-21-2017 03:51 PM

After going to qdoba.

Kalyx triaD 09-21-2017 05:04 PM

They very likely have all 6 characters up and running right now. They're just smart enough not to leave them on disc this time. That arbitrary detail is literally enough to quell people, which is why I thought it was silly.

And now that Sony/Microsoft are gonna host entire characters rather than unlock keys, they will cost more than Jill and Shuma did, unless you got the season pass. And that's the game.

Kalyx triaD 09-22-2017 07:09 AM

Seems my stable will be:

Dante
Cpt Marvel
Thor
Chris
Nova

Will be adding Bucky when he comes along, no matter his play style.

#BROKEN Hasney 09-22-2017 07:22 AM

Went to a pub for lunch and they had an XMen COTA machine in there and now I'm tempted to pick this up.

Kalyx triaD 09-22-2017 07:27 AM

There are no X-Men in this game.

#BROKEN Hasney 09-22-2017 08:55 AM

I know, just that style of super jumps and launchers

Kalyx triaD 09-22-2017 03:30 PM

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1NHyWQnZtw0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#BROKEN Hasney 09-25-2017 07:37 AM

This apparently absolutely bombed in the UK. Talking sold worse than not just SFV which was on one platform, but Ultra Street Fighter 2 on Swtich.

Kalyx triaD 09-25-2017 07:53 AM

"Let's add a story mode, everybody asks for it."

"I dunno... We could more stages and characters with these funds."

"It will be great, just like SFV. We'll sell more copies."

"Once people got the story mode they riffed it. I dunno..."

"It'll be fine."

"Okay..."

Fignuts 09-26-2017 06:14 PM

Eh.

A few more characters wouldn't have helped the roster from feeling lazy and uninspired. Lot of reasons why this game wouldn't sell that well. Presence of a story mode isn't something I 'd look at first.

Plus in today's enviornment more people would have been upset if there wasn't a story mode. Blame Netherealm. They changed what was expected of single player in a mainstream fighter, and anyone who doesn't follow suit gets backlash.

Kalyx triaD 09-26-2017 08:09 PM

Sad case. In any case this is gonna super niche anyway. All that talk about accessibility and I can tell you right now MvC3 was much easier to get started in, because there's way more in terms of normals and move variations to think about. It feels very 'oldschool' fighter in that sense, while also having some convenient mechanics in there.

Personally this game joins SoulCalibur and SFxT as a game I'm becoming very proficient in. And it's fun to lose (mostly), which for me is a good sign of a combat system. But yet again (just like SFxT and SCV, actually) there's things other than the design that will detour people - like reused models, bargain bin presentation, and drama behind the scenes.

But I don't need the world to buy this game. I got it. I play it. And you need to stop ducking me and Khuntry. Thanos rocks.

Fignuts 09-26-2017 08:34 PM

I'm ducking you because I don't even know the basics yet. I pretty much skipped MvC 3, so playing me would be like the Chicago Bulls playing your average high school basketball team. You would be bored, and I wouldn't learn anything from getting squashed that bad.

Also, while I was joking on facebook, there was a bit of truth to. I'll be playing Injustice 2, and think "Okay, that's enough. Gotta boot up (insert game here) and start practicing" And just as I say that a new multiverse event opens up with epic gear or diamond motherbox rewards and I'm like "Just one more".

Said it before, and I'll say it again. Putting a loot grind system in a fighting game was fucking brilliant.

Kalyx triaD 09-26-2017 10:15 PM

There is an online training mode in a lobby we can do and I will spend all the time you need to get up to speed. I assure you this is a marvel game you will get behind. Way more ways to express your playstyle than 'pick this team with this assist or don't bother'.

Emperor Smeat 09-27-2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 5019492)
This apparently absolutely bombed in the UK. Talking sold worse than not just SFV which was on one platform, but Ultra Street Fighter 2 on Swtich.

Also ended up bombing in Japan with the PS4 version only generating around 8K sales for launch week.

In terms of comparisons, Pokken Tournament DX ended up being #1 for the week at 53K sales.

https://www.destructoid.com/marvel-v...n-463585.phtml

Fignuts 09-27-2017 06:07 PM

Good as the gameplay might be, this game was unhyped from the start.

Emperor Smeat 09-27-2017 06:24 PM

Based on recent estimates, PC version currently sitting around the 27K range for sales at least for Steam.

http://steamspy.com/app/493840

Kalyx triaD 09-27-2017 06:33 PM

Trailers and presentation was very unenthusiastic. Capcom is usually good with that. MvC3 and SFxT's hype train was orgasmic. Didn't feel that with MvCi or SFV for that matter.

Kalyx triaD 09-27-2017 07:47 PM

Also of note, Marvel Vs rarely does well in Japan. They never really jived with the playstyle.

Kalyx triaD 12-04-2017 11:50 AM

Bucky, Widow, and Venom drop to tomorrow and that's that for Season 1. The future is laced with rumors so have a seat and take all this with a grain of salt.

Season 2 DLC:

Marvel:
- Michael Knight Jr
- Linda Sarsor

Capcom:
- Classy Woman
- Fish Air Quarter Muncher
- Super Hype Punchy God

Fignuts 12-04-2017 04:53 PM

what?

Kalyx triaD 12-04-2017 06:47 PM

I was trying to be cryptic, see. And ruined it. You ruined everything!

Marvel:
- Star-Lord
- Ms Marvel

Capcom:
- Lady
- Gill
- Asura

Fignuts 12-04-2017 07:19 PM

Why is Asura so requested? He was in one game. One game that wasn't even that good.

Every time I see someone online asking why sigma was put in, instead of asura, I die a little inside.

Kalyx triaD 12-04-2017 09:24 PM

Well he was pretty hype in that one game.

Kalyx triaD 12-07-2017 02:10 AM

Bucky is so fun. And Chris buffs make him worth a damn now.

#BROKEN Hasney 12-07-2017 06:28 AM

Jesus, this is £8 on cdkeys.com now. I may as well get on it.

Kalyx triaD 12-07-2017 09:02 AM

It is also gonna free to play this weekend on PS4 for PS+ members perhaps give it a try before you buy. It's the most reasonable the series has ever been but things can still get ugly against certain people with certain characters. Try it first.