TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What's Bobby Roode Doing in the GFW Impact Zone? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133728)

Droford 07-27-2017 09:27 PM

What's Bobby Roode Doing in the GFW Impact Zone?

Quote:

In the latest issue of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter it is reported GFW is going to use old content in an attempt to save money. It turns out GFW has footage of Bobby Roode when he worked for them a few years ago and they plan to use it.

Remember when GFW had a bunch of television tapings in Las Vegas a couple of years ago in an attempt to secure a TV deal? They’re going to use that footage.

GFW also has footage of Chael Sonnen and others who aren’t a part of their current roster. Global Force will be using this footage for their “One Night Only” shows in India, the UK, and the US and plan to pass it off as current. Apparently, GFW has been using footage of Bobby Roode with the marketing around it being “what is Bobby Roode doing in GFW?”

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j1x39PNj2ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fignuts 07-27-2017 09:53 PM

Oh my god, I actually feel embarrassed for them.

Destor 07-27-2017 09:56 PM

Great booking move...before the internet existed

Mr. Nerfect 07-27-2017 10:18 PM

It's quirky. People liked the Broken stuff, so I can see the people who still watch GFW having a sort of warm affinity for the "I get Bobby Roode on Impact so I don't need to watch that evil E" element. Not that I'm sure those people still exist. Or that I'd want to be their friend.

Simple Fan 07-27-2017 10:21 PM

I highly doubt they are trying to pass it off as current and it hasn't been promoted as such on weekly Impact shows. They've heavily promoted Sonnen, Roode, and Bullet Club which if you have that content and want to release it is the smart thing to do.

Simple Fan 07-27-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4996112)
It's quirky. People liked the Broken stuff, so I can see the people who still watch GFW having a sort of warm affinity for the "I get Bobby Roode on Impact so I don't need to watch that evil E" element. Not that I'm sure those people still exist. Or that I'd want to be their friend.

Won't see it it on Impact as it will be part of their One Night Only PPVs. Pretty much most the talent on the shows are not involved with GFW now but its footage that they filmed for a TV show and never got a deal. Why not release the footage if you got the platform to do so. WWE would just throw something like this on the Network work but GFW has to put it on PPV.

Emperor Smeat 07-27-2017 11:33 PM

Not the first time Impact/GFW had this type of problem occur for their One Night Only events although this is the worst in terms of time between taped and airing.

Then again its less bad than the situation they currently have with Alberto El Patron and already taped Impact episodes. That impacts them a lot more directly than using footage from 2 years ago for a never before seen event.

Rammsteinmad 07-28-2017 06:44 AM

So, is GFW pretty much dead already?

Also, do they acknowledge TNA's history? Or are they selling it as a completely brand new company with no history behind it?

#BROKEN Hasney 07-28-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 4996183)
So, is GFW pretty much dead already?

Also, do they acknowledge TNA's history? Or are they selling it as a completely brand new company with no history behind it?

The current GFW is just a continuation of TNA. They haven't really changed much and reference old stuff all the time.

These tapings are just old back when GFW and TNA were separate.

JimmyMess 07-28-2017 07:46 AM

Vince McMahon gonna' sue someboday

#BROKEN Hasney 07-28-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyMess (Post 4996185)
Vince McMahon gonna' sue someboday

No can do. Would be like GFW suing WWE because Matt Morgan is on some random PPV on the Network.

JimmyMess 07-28-2017 10:06 AM

doesn't it say they are marketing it as Bobby Roode is a part of GFW currently? that seems different then using old footage and saying its old footage.

#BROKEN Hasney 07-28-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyMess (Post 4996202)
doesn't it say they are marketing it as Bobby Roode is a part of GFW currently? that seems different then using old footage and saying its old footage.

They're not marketing like that. They're just witholding information to make it seem like he is by not saying this was in 2015. They're not saying THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

Destor 07-28-2017 10:26 AM

Even if they did it's their footage. The show is a work of fiction.

JimmyMess 07-28-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 4996205)
They're not marketing like that. They're just witholding information to make it seem like he is by not saying this was in 2015. They're not saying THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

ahh I see I see.

Fignuts 07-28-2017 02:38 PM

It still reeks of desperation

#BROKEN Hasney 07-28-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4996285)
It still reeks of desperation

The GFW story.

SNLfunnyguy 07-30-2017 10:29 AM

This is very Memphis...

Mr. Nerfect 07-30-2017 10:48 AM

GFW are an interesting bunch. I love Dutch Mantel, but it really feels like the common narrative is painting everyone like a suit trying to cash in where they can, and that all the inventiveness is being thrown into what they can legally get away with to worm around their current situations.

Volare 07-30-2017 01:05 PM

You'd think for example Chuck Taylor and a dude who jobbed to Ryback back in the day both came into GFW cause there was 1 spot left, and they take the jobber that Ryback ate, since he was on WWE tv once.

SlickyTrickyDamon 07-30-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 4996205)

Deceptive and misleading. Lie by omission is still a lie.

Tom Guycott 07-31-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 4996184)
The current GFW is just a continuation of TNA. They haven't really changed much and reference old stuff all the time.

These tapings are just old back when GFW and TNA were separate.

Kinda like the transition between NWA and WCW, then?

Well, more like block letter WCW and "birdshit logo" WCW.

Also, I remember ROH doing something similar when Daniel Bryan won the title at 'Mania, they just so happened do air a "best of" past matches show, and of course one of them was Bryan Danielson.

Actually, now that I think about it, TNA pulled stunts like this before. One was when CM Punk did his "walkout", and TNA started airing old stuff with him and Raven and whatnot. However, the more egregious one was heavily implying Chris Jericho was coming to TNA using the most bait-and-switchy wording and hype, but what really happened was they just aired the video for Fozzy's then-new "Enemy".