TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto 5 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=82991)

D Mac 09-13-2008 01:32 PM

Grand Theft Auto 5

Probably WAY too early, but what should GTA 5 be like? Should it be in Vice City, San Andreas, or a whole new city?

They should have a Create A Character this time around, or play a chick or something. Something different.

#BROKEN Hasney 09-13-2008 01:33 PM

London

D Mac 09-13-2008 01:34 PM

Found this:

The latest edition of Gametrailers’ Bonus Round discussed Grand Theft Auto 4, its Xbox 360-exclusive expansions, and Grand Theft Auto 5’s release date. You can watch the episode below.

To quote investment banker Wedbush Morgan Securities’ game industry analysts Michael Pachter: “I actually think they already have a story in mind. GTA5 is already in the planning stage and my guess is you’ll see [the next GTA] in two and a half years. In fall of 2010, there’ll be Grand Theft Auto 5.”

This last Grand Theft Auto Bonus Round episode discusses whether or not the release of GTA4 on April 29th will be the fall of GTA as a series or if Rockstar will reach new heights?

BigDaddyCool 09-13-2008 02:01 PM

Will it be GTA5, or will it be GTA4 : *Insert city name here*

Jeritron 09-13-2008 03:07 PM

I think the next GTA game should be set in Patriot City, or some clever name for a GTA adaptation of Boston.

It'd be interesting to see them to a Boston setting, and explore the Irish Mob and the IRA and such, and draw inspiration from movies like The Departed, Boondock Saints, Gone Baby Gone and the like.

They've done the NY Italian mob, the Russian mob, a Miami Vice/Scarface type thing, and a Compton gangsta ghetto.
I figure this is the next big thing, and in terms of crime drama movies it seems to be the new trend and a big hit.

I think it'd be great.

El Fangel 09-13-2008 03:12 PM

I hope to fuck this is not like GTA4.

But anyways, I would like one of maybe four places

- Toronto
- Moscow
- London
- Colorado

Requiem 09-13-2008 03:18 PM

GTA 4 was amazing. You are just a bad gamer.

#BROKEN Hasney 09-13-2008 03:23 PM

Req is correct

El Fangel 09-13-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 2283030)

Haha, no.

GTA: SA perhaps set my standards too high, but my main qualms with it:

- Motorcycles - I use them alot in SA, and they were horrible to drive in 4

- Chase Missions - Self Explanatory

- I always found Niko to be a bit jerky to control

- No music I liked on there at all

- Cars were more realistic yes, but driving on oil is not realistic

Anyways, enough about it really, it was not a BAD game, just those things made my experience not very fun.

Buzzkill 09-13-2008 03:39 PM

Not enough emo on there for you, Fallen Angel?

El Fangel 09-13-2008 03:48 PM

How does emo have anything to do with this?

#BROKEN Hasney 09-13-2008 03:54 PM

I think he was referring to the part where you said the game had no music you liked at all

D Mac 09-13-2008 04:03 PM

Play music on some other source while playing GTA.

El Fangel 09-13-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 2283077)
I think he was referring to the part where you said the game had no music you liked at all

Oh, I suppose that would be it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Mac (Post 2283096)

Yeah, and having to pause/mute it everytime there is a cut-scence became a real pain really fast. Broke the flow, gnome sayin'

Kane Knight 09-14-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 2283030)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzkill (Post 2283056)
Not enough emo on there for you, Fallen Angel?

*insert ironically spastic comment*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Mac (Post 2283096)

Which doesn't actually make the soundtrack any better, it's just a bandaid.

Of course, I think better issues are controls, the bullshit "realism," the muddy graphics (Which are brilliant as long as you keep the brightness set to "she looks good in the dark."), the terrible characters and voice acting. In fact, "muddy" really describes the whole game.

These are better issues, but if you don't like the soundtrack, playing your own music over it is just putting lipstick on a pig. And yes, that's a shot at Sarah Palin.

Ogen 09-14-2008 12:33 PM

Dunno game plays nicely just wish they'd take out the need for me to go on dates with random women and go for drinks/a strip show with my friends in it. No interest in going anywhere with any of them so constantly get texts moaning about not talking to them.

BigDaddyCool 09-14-2008 04:58 PM

I wanna see GTA Kansas City, or Chicago.

Sepholio 09-14-2008 07:45 PM

Atlanta. That would be mad gangstalicious.

El Fangel 09-14-2008 07:46 PM

Alabama, Imagine the backwoods gun-fights with the locals.

Kapoutman 09-14-2008 07:56 PM

I want to see if they could make something interesting out of GTA: Alaska.

U-Warrior 09-14-2008 07:59 PM

I'd just like to know about the dlc tbh.

Sepholio 09-14-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryman (Post 2284556)
Alabama, Imagine the backwoods gun-fights with the locals.

Alabama could be one of the country areas like they had in SA if they made GTA:Atlanta.

El Fangel 09-14-2008 08:16 PM

Swear to god, Angel Grove was like my favorote hick town in SA, also it was the easiest place to do the Ambulance Missions, its mega small, and no traffic :)

Buzzkill 09-15-2008 01:13 PM

I feel like GTA: Tokyo would pretty illl

Buzzkill 09-15-2008 01:13 PM

Think how awesome your cell phone would be

Requiem 09-15-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzkill (Post 2285307)
I feel like GTA: Tokyo would pretty illl

Was actually thinking that. Or maybe not even Tokyo, but the Kobe/Osaka area. Largest group of Yakuza, the Yamaguchi-gumi, own that area pretty much and that would make for some pretty awesome stuff.

Thinking more about it, involving the Yakuza would make for some pretty epic things compared to the other games. They are the largest organized crime group in the world, and pretty much shit on anything the Italian mafia, black gangs, or Russian syndicate can do.

Sepholio 09-15-2008 02:25 PM

Yea Tokyo would be rock solid, Kobe and Osaka could be other areas on the map. I had this idea last night though. GTA never cared about logistics, so why not do a SA style map with Atlanta, London, Moscow, and Tokyo. That would be ridonkulous.

NeanderCarl 09-15-2008 05:35 PM

GTA: Punxsutawny

CSL 09-15-2008 08:52 PM

Main bad guy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/61FHK6eAI0o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/61FHK6eAI0o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mooияakeя™ 10-05-2008 08:40 PM

GTA4: Vice City

I'd cream if they did this. They won't cos "it's already been done".

Only hope I can pray for is that they will realise how popular the last was and that they have rebuilt Liberty in this one, so it's only natural?

Kalyx triaD 10-06-2008 02:32 AM

I second Vice City's return. There's something surreal about playing a game based on where I live. And with multiplayer, I could take you guys on a tour of my hangout spots.

U-Warrior 10-06-2008 02:49 AM

I'd like to see GTA: Tokyo

Kalyx triaD 10-06-2008 03:13 AM

Nice.

Funky Fly 10-06-2008 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Warrior (Post 2306600)
I'd like to see GTA: Tokyo

GTA: Gaijin Smash?

El Fangel 10-06-2008 04:29 AM

A late 90's Vice City, or perhaps an early 90's to tie in with what is going on in San Andreas.

Also it would be so fucking cool if you played this game as a returning character, say Tommy or CJ, one go to the others city to start again, or whatever, and they meet up and decide to take over the place, It would provide for a nice story, and a wonderful multiplayer.

Kalyx triaD 10-06-2008 05:30 AM

Screw it; give us the three cities of San Andreas and Vice City a GTA4 make over and release them all as DLC. Then have us able to use the airports to travel to whichever city we please. While you're at it, complete the outlying areas of Liberty City that they constructed but didn't finish (GTA version of Jersey reportedly) and make that available as well.

With all that playground, I will never anything of Rockstar again. They will have delivered to me the last GTA experience I need. It'll be the closest the series will come to having a continent of playground. For the love of God imagine that.

El Fangel 10-06-2008 05:32 AM

A smaller scale USA, with key citys would be so fucking bomb, and make it large, and I mean large, where to travel from New York to LA by car in game would take like 30 mins, Man, just the thought of that would be so fucking sweet.

BigDaddyCool 10-06-2008 10:11 AM

What would be cool is if they did a series of Midwest cities. Something like Kansas City, St. Louis, and Chicago. And having to go back and forth to those Cities. That would be cool.

El Fangel 10-06-2008 10:26 AM

I think you are getting at what I mean BDC.

I would suggest

LA - Los Santos- Its LA

Washington - Kennedy - Like hell it would happen, but it would be awesome to fire rockets from the white house roof.

New York - Liberty - See LA

Miami - Vice - Revisit Vice City

Dallas - (No Idea) - Need a southern state

Boston - Independance - would be awesome

Chicago - Gotham - C'mon do I have to explain.

Memphis - Clefton - Imagine the radio station for this place (on a side note, each city should have its own stations)

Detroit - Dodge City - Motor Vehicle Capital of the US

Drakul 10-06-2008 10:39 AM

They could have the game take place in Carcer City. That place has been mentioned in a few GTAs but we've never been there.

On a GTA related note, would it ever be possible and profitable to do this idea I had? The idea is this:
Sell the game disc with all the code and stuff that makes everything work on it but each player downloads the city of their choice. Maybe a choice of 3 major cities depending where you live. Choose between New York, Los Angeles or Miami for the US. London, Manchester or Birmingham for England. Edinburgh, Glasgow or Dundee for Scotland and so on with the selection varying from region to region.
This would make the game pretty cool because it would resemble your home city and would have a lot of local humour and references in it.
I'm not saying that's what GTA5 will be, I'm just asking if that would ever be a possible and profitable idea.