TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Logan (2017) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132311)

Damian Rey 2.0 03-05-2017 01:55 PM

It is my fault but seeing as it just came out I'd assume spoiler tags would be used for a bit. Feel like that's been the case in other threads but oh well. Shouldn't effect my viewing experience regardless

Ruien 03-05-2017 01:57 PM

It won't.

mitchables 03-05-2017 05:49 PM

Even if I hadn't had this movie spoiled explicitly for me by people, everyone has been less than subtle in their reviews and it kind of spoiled the movie by proxy.

Ruien 03-05-2017 07:41 PM

How awesome that little girl must feel to be able to play little Wolverine. Is there plans for her to get her own movie? Hope so.

Vastardikai 03-05-2017 09:17 PM

Apart from the fact that I was disappointed that X-24 wasn't Daken (can't believe I just typed that), it was an excellent movie. 5/7 :shifty:

SPOILER: show
What had happened with the X-Men was kind of sad, once you piece it together. And it makes you wonder what would happen if the most dangerous mind in the world suffers a severe cognitive disease.

And the atmosphere was perfect. It felt like the end of the era that it was meant to represent.

Wishbone 03-05-2017 10:48 PM

Can't believe I'm saying this but Fox did an X-Men movie right. Best in the franchise by far. Loved the little girl playing X-23. She was perfect in the role. Xavier had me in tears in a couple of scenes too. 9/10 easy.

McLegend 03-06-2017 02:18 PM

I was really impressed with the girl. Thought she was great.

Also glad that they stayed away from the timeline change. That would have been annoying.

Kalyx triaD 03-06-2017 02:54 PM

Amazing.

BigCrippyZ 03-06-2017 03:05 PM

Saw it yesterday. Phenomenal way to end Xavier and Logan. Unless Jackman comes back to do something with Reynolds' Deadpool, I don't want to see either of them again in these roles.

Heard the next X-Men film is supposed to take place in the 90's.

Wishbone 03-06-2017 04:59 PM

That was the original plan but I've been hearing rumors that they're dropping the Apocalypse timeline at least temporarily and trying to rework things due to that movie being a relative failure. Word is that Deadpool may be a much bigger focus going forward and that main X-Men titles won't be happening for a while.

I'm crossing my fingers that the kids in this movie get a movie down the line. I think the world they've created where mutants are almost extinct and fighting for survival in a distopian future is a far more interesting way to tell stories.

Lock Jaw 03-06-2017 06:22 PM

I've heard of two X-Men films coming up....

New Mutants, which focuses on the "New Mutants" team/concept from the comic book. Not sure where in the timeline this is supposed to take place.

X:Men - Supernova - Which is rumoured to be another take on doing Dark Phoenix. Continues from Apocalypse.

Either way, the rumours say that Xavier/Magneto and that whole rivalry/feud/friendship will be pushed way into the background.

McLegend 03-06-2017 06:27 PM

Apocalypse wasn't bad and they shouldn't change everything. Whatever though that's a different thread.

When Logan says "So this is what it feels like." At the end I thought he was just referring to to dying. However he could have also been referring to Xavier's line about having a family. So basically that means that entire sequence is even deeper then I originally thought, and I thought it was pretty deep to begin with. That elevates the movie even more.

Wishbone 03-06-2017 06:34 PM

That line really did hit hard no matter how you interpret it. Honestly I thought he was talking about the "having a family" line the whole time, but what you brought up makes a ton of sense too.

On Lock Jaw's comment, I've heard rumors of those too so IDK honestly. New Mutants would lend to the rumors I mentioned as it's not really a main X-Men movie with X-Men in the title. Supernova is another story, but I haven't heard much about it. If it is another take on the Dark Phoenix saga I'll be a bit disappointed. I just don't care much for the young cast, especially Sophie Turner who I just find annoying. I'd really prefer not to see them in a movie again, especially one where Turner is the main focus.

Lock Jaw 03-06-2017 06:51 PM

I def took that line as "having a family"/"being at peace", even if for only just the briefest of moments before dying.....

Also, I may or may not have had to fight back tears in the movie theater.....

Vastardikai 03-06-2017 07:12 PM

I certainly had to deal with allergies all of a sudden.

Kalyx triaD 03-06-2017 07:21 PM

"Daddy..." was the most brutal thing in a movie where dudes get sliced up.

Destor 03-06-2017 07:22 PM

My father and i both got something stuck in our eyes at the same time. Weird coincidence

Damian Rey 2.0 03-06-2017 07:42 PM

Didn't make it this weekend. Likely seeing it Saturday or Sunday. Pretty excited. Everything said here is overwhelmingly positive

Lock Jaw 03-06-2017 08:36 PM

Everything everywhere seems positive..... haven't seen/heard any negative reviews......

Ruien 03-06-2017 08:57 PM

How can you when there is a 10 year old girl putting the blade I'm her foot in someone's neck to take them out.

Lock Jaw 03-06-2017 09:14 PM

A little girl killed a lot of people in Kick-Ass....... not the first time for little girl ultra violence.......

Ruien 03-06-2017 09:17 PM

Didn't see Kick Ass so I can't respond.

Kalyx triaD 03-06-2017 11:20 PM

Is the end of opening weekend not sufficient enough to start posting freely?

Damian Rey 2.0 03-06-2017 11:32 PM

Idgaf honestly. I'm gonna see it anyways.

Destor 03-06-2017 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4938325)
Is the end of opening weekend not sufficient enough to start posting freely?

Not in my opinion..im an opening weekend guy but not everyone drops everything to see a new movie. Parents more tham others... A week or two is fair.

Lock Jaw 03-06-2017 11:59 PM

I think what's fair is that people should be smart enough to stay out of the official thread after the movie comes out (no offense). I'd freely talk about everything if it wasn't the "general rule" not to...... so even though I would do things differently, I usually try to keep it "vague" or use spoiler tags in deference to the masses........

Destor 03-07-2017 12:01 AM

Also: 88mil domestic 247mil global for opening weekend. Already earned nearly 2.5x its budget.

Should see continued ticket sales witht the strong critical reaction and word of mouth past the 4 week marker so Logan is going to be a huge success.

Destor 03-07-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4938337)
I think what's fair is that people should be smart enough to stay out of the official thread after the movie comes out (no offense). I'd freely talk about everything if it wasn't the "general rule" not to...... so even though I would do things differently, I usually try to keep it "vague" or use spoiler tags in deference to the masses........

I agree with you on all counts.

Personally it takes 2 seconds to add tags so what does it hurt? Ya know?

Kalyx triaD 03-07-2017 02:54 AM

My question is: What is somebody expecting to read in a movie thread post-release? Like okay here I am some guy, I see _________ thread, it's been out a few days, and what...?

I'm to be reading news site type reviews where they have a professional obligation to be vague? This is a social forum. Why am I enacting a spoiler tag post release? It is a small thing, effortless, I get that. BUT: what is somebody doing hoppin in a movie thread post release? Why? I'm not saying they have to see it super instant, but I avoided the CW threads, some nearly seasons behind, because I'm not gonna find out what went down with Barry in a post. I respect that people could speak freely and it's on me if I hop in there.

But sure, you're the guy with the big buttons and it's your call. But it's a stupid call. The crux here is what possible interest does one have opening a thread while also not wanting to read spoilers. We'll have a whole page of spoiler tag posts over this.

Rammsteinmad 03-07-2017 06:04 AM

Yeah fuck spoilers after the movie's released.

Even if it takes minimal effort to add a spoiler tag, it takes even less effort to not click on a thread.

Destor 03-07-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4938358)
My question is: What is somebody expecting to read in a movie thread post-release? Like okay here I am some guy, I see _________ thread, it's been out a few days, and what...?

I'm to be reading news site type reviews where they have a professional obligation to be vague? This is a social forum. Why am I enacting a spoiler tag post release? It is a small thing, effortless, I get that. BUT: what is somebody doing hoppin in a movie thread post release? Why? I'm not saying they have to see it super instant, but I avoided the CW threads, some nearly seasons behind, because I'm not gonna find out what went down with Barry in a post. I respect that people could speak freely and it's on me if I hop in there.

But sure, you're the guy with the big buttons and it's your call. But it's a stupid call. The crux here is what possible interest does one have opening a thread while also not wanting to read spoilers. We'll have a whole page of spoiler tag posts over this.

I domt disagree with argument, it just isnt that big of an inconvenience to be considerate

Lock Jaw 03-07-2017 08:21 AM

I could use those 2 seconds to get a near pinfall on somebody

Destor 03-07-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4938381)
I could use those 2 seconds to get a near pinfall on somebody

Winners win. 2.9 is for chumps

Kalyx triaD 03-07-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4938377)
I domt disagree with argument, it just isnt that big of an inconvenience to be considerate

Perhaps the guy who didn't see the movie ought to be considerate? Let's be real here most people will see the movie. So you got 7 guys using spoiler tags for the 3 guys who didn't see the movie, and then only 1 of them clicks the thread (for some reason).

It would be easier to establish; Post release the thread will have spoilers. This is actually one of the reasons I posted exact released dates when I was handling movie threads.

In fact lol, I did a long post about how handle exactly these situations that went mostly ignored. And here we are.

Destor 03-07-2017 12:24 PM

Or just chill and I'll keep doing what im doing..?

Kalyx triaD 03-07-2017 12:37 PM

Do I look Alaskan?

Destor 03-07-2017 12:43 PM

You must be a pacific islander CAUSE YOU SO SALTY

Kalyx triaD 03-07-2017 04:56 PM

Salt's all over the ocean, right.....?

Simple Fan 03-07-2017 06:46 PM

Just seen it. Honestly I liked all the action but everything else all most put me to sleep.

Lock Jaw 03-07-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4937917)
I've heard of two X-Men films coming up....

New Mutants, which focuses on the "New Mutants" team/concept from the comic book. Not sure where in the timeline this is supposed to take place.

X:Men - Supernova - Which is rumoured to be another take on doing Dark Phoenix. Continues from Apocalypse.

Either way, the rumours say that Xavier/Magneto and that whole rivalry/feud/friendship will be pushed way into the background.

They are also working on an "X-Force" film, and Deadpool was just confirmed to be a part of it......