TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Marvel Universe Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=64942)

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 08:23 PM

You're dodging the point:

I don't give a shit if she's Wolverina, I like her. I don't hate on Supergirl, Batgirl, Spider-Girl, or any other obvious girl-up of established characters. Many of them offer a nice spin. X-23 for instance is like seeing Logan's post Weapon X life as it happens in the midst of current 616 events instead of flash backs.

Creative shortcut? Yeah, but sales and critical response says a lot of other people don't give a shit either.

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 08:24 PM

>>> Get over it.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 08:28 PM

Man, I'm just going to make you a huge list of things that sucked but got good critical responses so you'll stop using that argument.

Also, I do hate on most Supergirls, certain Batgirls, and Spider-girl, though mostly because they suck on their own without being Superhero A, Plus Boobs. I'd maybe appreciate X-23 if she were an interesting spin, but she's a clone of Wolverine. Literally. From Weapon X. Yeah, totally interesting and shit! And then she has to deal with teenager stuff 'cuz she's a teenager! But Wolverine! With a vagina! A teenage vagina! Interesting, yeah!

Yes, creative short cut. Sales have proven that you can slap Wolverine on pretty much anything and the comic will sell, which is why Wolverine's on thirty different teams and four different covers every month. Making a character that's angsty female Wolverine is pretty much the lowest common denominator for a desperate sales pitch but hey, the majority of greasy neckbeards that get off to their favorite characters abruptly being female... well, you guys eat that shit right up.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 08:30 PM

Also, you've already proven before that you're a sucker for turning random characters into females, because you're one of those nerds. It's hardly a testament to the character's quality, nor is sales.

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 08:36 PM

My reply to that:

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/soapbo...s/0807/x23.jpg

And LOL at you ranting on Wolverine's popularity like that's some grip I'm dishing. I rather have one book for certain heroes and I'm against 45 Spidey books a month, but thanks for asking.

And your argument on boob'd superheroes would be sound if not for your refusal to acknowledge that some of those characters are fucking good, and for a time beat out their male predecessors depending on brand and era. Factor in most comic characters male or female are stupid save for their writers and we have you being one of those pretentious counter-nerds who wants X-Men to read like Lord of the Rings.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 2497886)
My reply to that:
And LOL at you ranting on Wolverine's popularity like that's some grip I'm dishing. I rather have a one book for certain heroes and I'm against 45 Spidey books a month, but thanks for asking.

Dear God, it's some kind of... straw man militia

Quote:

And you argument on boob'd superheroes would be sound if not for your refusal to acknowledge that some of those characters are fucking good, and for a time beat out their male predecessors depending on brand and era.
Quote:

Also, I do hate on most Supergirls, certain Batgirls, and Spider-girl, though mostly because they suck on their own without being Superhero A, Plus Boobs.
My God, it's almost like... I totally fucking acknowledged that not every female character sucks and specifically avoided generalizing as much as I could without making you a chart. You are so god damn illiterate god damn. Why do I keep assuming that the ability to type makes you a competent human being and not some primitive fucking animal that can only string together so many subjects at a time?

Quote:

Factor in most comic characters male or female are stupid save for their writers and we have you being one of those pretentious counter-nerds who wants X-Men to read like Lord of the Rings.
Yeah, God forbid I expect new characters to be halfway mildly fresh instead of direct, fully intentional rip offs of whatever is selling well this month. IT'S GOTTA BE LORD OF THE RINGS AND SHIT, THOUGH. I'm just asking too fucking much for a character not to be Wolverine. So pretensious. How dare I be so goddamn pretensious as to expect new ideas coming to be at least TRYING to be new.

So what is this like, four posts later? And you're still nowhere near convincing me that you don't have shitty tastes in characters, any grasp of what good or bad concepts happen to be, or that you'd know what to do with a decent point if it was mailed to you. God fucking damn, man. Read a real fucking book or something.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 08:50 PM

OR JUST POST ANOTHER PICTURE and pretend I said something nearly opposite of what I actually posted. That's served you well so far, right?

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 08:51 PM

Yeah.

http://www.historyguy.com/comicshist...hulk-squat.jpg

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 08:52 PM

>>> GET OVER IT.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 08:54 PM

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/Catballs.jpg

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 09:04 PM

Guys like you, mate... You're damn hilarious. You come in and say something stupid, then when it gets replied to in some coherent way you cry "Oh no I didn't say it like that! Strawman!" Your half-ass commentary does no good, but at least you're speedy about it.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 2497989)
Guys like you, mate... You're damn hilarious. You come in and say something stupid, then when it gets replied to in some coherent way you cry "Oh no I didn't say it like that! Strawman!" Your half-ass commentary does no good, but at least you're speedy about it.

I didn't say it like that. You can literally go back and read what I said, read what you said, and realize that you were responding to an imaginary argument.

I mean, it's one thing to pull something like this in a verbal argument, but when I literally posted the two statements for you to compare and realize that you were making shit up... well, your only excuse is your piss poor reading comprehension. Learn to read.

>>> LEARN TO READ.

>>> GET OVER IT.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 09:07 PM

And yeah, not liking your generic characters is totally saying something "stupid." Brilliant!

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 09:10 PM

No, you learn to read! You learn to get over it! I win! Declaring it is victory enough, bitch.

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .44 Magdalene (Post 2498002)
And yeah, not liking your generic characters is totally saying something "stupid." Brilliant!

Yeah it is, cause you're disliking concepts not characters. But I won't blow your mind today.

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 09:11 PM

>> Bitch <<

Ad hom, motherfucker.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 09:14 PM

Lol, yes. Literally posting the two statements side by side and explaining to you what you did wrong is just making a statement of victory, and certainly not breaking down for you in explicit detail why your argument doesn't hold water. Versus, say, the >>> GET OVER IT strategy. Now you're falling into all sorts of wacky fallacies.

Don't like the concept or the character. BUT DON'T BLOW MY MIND, I don't know how much more of your inability to make a coherant argument without chasing windmills I can take.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 09:15 PM

Again, I practically have to make you a goddamn series of charts, lists, and spreadsheets, and even then I think you'd manage to reinterpret what's clearly typed down on your computer screen as being the exact opposite of what it says.

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 09:21 PM

What argument? Not liking X-23? Mary Sue and all that?

You see, .44, we have opinions. Your opinion is appreciated, but when it aims to discredit me for whatever reason - we have an issue. "Nerds like you" and bullshit like that. Where's that shit come from? So yeah, I call you out as some spineless fence straddler who refutes for the ecstasy of it all. Something like BCWWF but more entertaining. Because you just keep going, man.

You and me... It's gonna be like this forever. An epic dance of great justice vs lolz, us switching sides at every whim. We can't fight it, it's law.

So shut the fuck up and fall in line.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 09:23 PM

Lol sure

Jon Kano 04-12-2009 09:39 PM

Jesus, guys...

Kalyx triaD 04-12-2009 09:40 PM

Hi Jon.

.44 Magdalene 04-12-2009 09:40 PM

Hi Jon D:

Fignuts 04-13-2009 12:51 AM

I have to say, when X-23,first came on the scene, I thought she was stupid and unoriginal. But thanks to a lot of great writing in the books she's featured in, I no longer dislike her. I'm not a huge fan or anything, but her portrayal in x-force has me interested at least.

Kalyx triaD 04-13-2009 09:26 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1RDtJH28Eg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1RDtJH28Eg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BCWWF 04-13-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 2498064)
What argument? Not liking X-23? Mary Sue and all that?

You see, .44, we have opinions. Your opinion is appreciated, but when it aims to discredit me for whatever reason - we have an issue. "Nerds like you" and bullshit like that. Where's that shit come from? So yeah, I call you out as some spineless fence straddler who refutes for the ecstasy of it all. Something like BCWWF but more entertaining. Because you just keep going, man.

You and me... It's gonna be like this forever. An epic dance of great justice vs lolz, us switching sides at every whim. We can't fight it, it's law.

So shut the fuck up and fall in line.

Why are you mentioning me in a thread like this? You fucking loser.

Kalyx triaD 04-13-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCWWF (Post 2500507)
Why are you mentioning me in a thread like this? You fucking loser.

Appreciate the name drop, duck. You wouldn't mind if I said, "...Hey, that's a great point. BCWWF makes great points as well." Any promotion is good promotion, unless it's some direct insult or whatever. In this case it was a light-heart off comment deal, nothing worth coming in and calling somebody a fucking loser.

But being that it seems to chew you up anyway, I'll be referencing you by name from now on. Sort of like that post I made in this thread where I mentioned BCWWF.

Kalyx triaD 04-13-2009 10:52 PM

Plans for Iron Man 3 were discussed, BTW.

Fignuts 04-14-2009 02:46 AM

Gonna go say BCWWF ina bunch of nerd threads now.

thedamndest 04-14-2009 03:25 AM

BCWWF is a vanity searcher. Get the word out.

Kalyx triaD 04-15-2009 12:05 AM

Vid removed, apologies.

parkmania 04-18-2009 10:01 AM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PFaOE0b47jU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PFaOE0b47jU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Rammsteinmad 04-19-2009 10:29 AM

Wow that video with all the character spots looks good. Lol at Deadpool "meet exciting new people... and then kill them!".

Reavant 04-19-2009 11:45 PM

Is Omega Red going to be that villain that is fighting wolverine in the trailer?

Kalyx triaD 04-19-2009 11:50 PM

No.

Fignuts 04-20-2009 02:44 AM

More excited for ryan reynalds as deadpool, than anything else this film has to offer.

Boondock Saint 04-20-2009 02:54 AM

Boogers

Sting Fan 04-20-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 2510225)
More excited for ryan reynalds as deadpool, than anything else this film has to offer.

Havent really read anything with Deadpool in it but it looks like a promising chrachter to me.

Wasnt quite so impressed with the way Gambit was portrayed but that may be more to do with my own pre conceptions than anything and it is only a trailer.

I will defo give this a watch, probably at the movies to not just DVD release as I often wait for.

Destor 04-20-2009 03:05 AM

I want a deadpool film

Destor 04-20-2009 03:05 AM

with Ryan renolds in the costume