TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CM Punk Gimme A Hell Yeah (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=135030)

The MAC 06-10-2018 09:42 AM

CM Punk Gimme A Hell Yeah

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y8Vv_guFNBU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe

Black Widow 06-10-2018 10:09 AM

At least hes losing unlike the part timers he cried about.

Jordan 06-10-2018 10:10 AM

Man he can't fight for nothing.

Maluco 06-10-2018 10:16 AM

He is incredibly unathletic, but anyone who remembered his elbow drop will know that!

Probably the reason he got so banged up with WWE too, he just doesn't have the athleticism needed to be an athlete at the top level. Should wrestle a few times a year at big events and just save his body.

This will go down as the worst UFC fights of all time (in comparison to standard of era). He left depressed, but was really bitter and cruel to many people on his way out. Don't really feel bad for him as he should never have been on the card in the first place and has caused a lot of resentment among UFC fights now too.

Sixx 06-10-2018 10:28 AM

He should fight Butterbean. That would be comedy gold.

Destor 06-10-2018 11:00 AM

Lol he's done. RIP all his credibility

Destor 06-10-2018 11:01 AM

Fight looked like an armature fight

Destor 06-10-2018 11:03 AM

Jackson is awful ftr

Evil Vito 06-10-2018 11:15 AM

I respect Punk for trying, but it's clearly just not for him. Three years of training and still miles and miles away from being even remotely decent.

Time to give it up and move on.

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-10-2018 11:23 AM

Yeah as I said, Mike Jackson is horrific.

Wrestling fans are very forgiving though and while his cred as a badass is dead with us (tbf it was always dead with us, dude has never been much of an athlete) if he wanted to come back he'd be welcome with open arms.

Evil Vito 06-10-2018 11:28 AM

Despite his adamant "I am done with professional wrestling" approach, I'm still gonna keep hope alive for an All In appearance. I mean he's doing a signing the day before at Pro Wrestling Tees and he'd be guaranteed a massive ovation. So my hope is he does that and maybe realizes going back to ROH and/or NJPW where he won't need to work a crazy ass WWE schedule ain't the worst idea.

Ezra 06-10-2018 12:05 PM

Hoping he starts training for his life long goal of being a rugby player next.

Simple Fan 06-10-2018 12:23 PM

I hope he tries MMA again and gets his ass kicked, again. Bellator might give him a shot now. Have no desire to see the guy wrestle either.

Vastardikai 06-10-2018 12:31 PM

In related news: Mike Jackson got signed to a WWE Developmental contract.

James Steele 06-10-2018 12:44 PM

Doesn’t he still have 1 fight left on his UFC deal? :roll: He needs to come back to wrestling for just one more match to end his career on a positive note, make a fuckton of money, and the. Pursue comic books or the gazillion other things he is interested in.

Theo Dious 06-10-2018 12:45 PM

At least he put up a fight this time.

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-10-2018 12:45 PM

he's still made quite a bit of money to get his ass kicked.

Innovator 06-10-2018 01:46 PM

If he wants to keep fighting, he needs to be away from ufc, maybe an amateur fight

Maluco 06-10-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Dious (Post 5131886)

I don't think that is how other fighters and MMA fans would see it. He has been training for over two years now, shown so little improvement, was fighting against another amateur, who, in the face of it, wasn't even close to being bothered by his terrible offence.

This fight, for all intents and purposes, was way more embarrassing than the first one, given the standard of opponent, the time he has spent training and how awful he looked. Not to mention the fact that there was proper backlash and resentment that he was on the main card.

It has been a really embarrassing venture for him and he should really pack it in completely. If he doesn't, he is being extremely foolish, not to mention dangerous. He took a lot of clean shots last night.

Splaya 06-10-2018 02:00 PM

It wasn’t even the fact that he got his ass beat. It was the fact that from the time the bell rang in round 1 to the conclusion of the fight , you never sat there and thought “wow he has a chance to win this fight”. Especially against someone as terrible as Jackson.

RP 06-10-2018 02:12 PM

The trial is over. Punk aint long for this game. But he certainly has a tough chin. I'll give him that. He took shots. Kept going. I'm impressed from that aspect. But this venture into MMA is over.

BigCrippyZ 06-10-2018 02:36 PM

Outside of Punk himself, did anyone realistically expect Punk to actually be successful in UFC?

I forgot this fight was even happening because of how little I expected of Punk in UFC, even if he had won this fight.

Outside of the initial interest he brought in from being in WWE, it wasn't likely he was ever going to amount to anything meaningful in UFC in terms of winning big fights or titles, given the competition.

Cool King 06-10-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED (Post 5131872)
I respect Punk for trying, but it's clearly just not for him. Three years of training and still miles and miles away from being even remotely decent.

Time to give it up and move on.

Ezra 06-10-2018 04:01 PM

Somebody tweet punk that backyard mma that gets posted here on occassion. He can start there.

Streetbeefs. Punk vs bipolar bobby

Sixx 06-10-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezra (Post 5131879)
Hoping he starts training for his life long goal of being a rugby player next.

How about ballet?

Motherfucker would look rad in a tutu.

Destor 06-10-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Dious (Post 5131886)

He didnt. Did you watch the fight? Thankfully or fought someone who is over the hill anf unskilled or he would have died

Destor 06-10-2018 04:20 PM

And ftr i dont respect people just for trying

Destor 06-10-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezra (Post 5131947)
Somebody tweet punk that backyard mma that gets posted here on occassion. He can start there.

Streetbeefs. Punk vs bipolar bobby

Mighty mouse would legit fuck him up and im not even joking

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-10-2018 04:41 PM

Yeah Michael Jackson is fucking atrocious. Dana White is firing him for his performance against Punk.

The whole thing was dumb but not dumb for Punk because he went 0-2 and made a million dollars. And if he wants, he can go back to wrestling no matter how many people act like his cred is dead.

Maluco 06-10-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5131956)
And ftr i dont respect people just for trying

I don't really get this argument either. He has got a contract based on his celebrity, not visibly improved in 3 years. Lost twice, in embarrassing fashion and I guess he is some sort of hero?

It was arrogant to even attempt to fight in the UFC and honestly, I don't think he deserves much credit.

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-10-2018 04:44 PM

I don't think he thought he could win tbh. I think he's friends with Dana and Dana saw a couple of buyrates out of it.

The MAC 06-10-2018 04:47 PM

He says he is done with wrestling- I believe him. He seems like the kind of person that would never do what anyone wants him to do. He will go the other way on principle.

I can't see him holding a WWE championship after these high profile losses. He has the stench of failure on him. Would Vince want a champion that has been proven not to be able to fight in the real world?

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-10-2018 04:51 PM

I don't understand internet fans.

They "hate" Vince and the WWE. Always talk about guys "standing up" to him. Yet, someone like Punk (or Bret) does, and they spend every waking moment afterwards disparaging them from that point forward.

Punk isn't perfect, but I don't get the rampant hate.

xrodmuc316 06-10-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5131955)
He didnt. Did you watch the fight? Thankfully or fought someone who is over the hill anf unskilled or he would have died

He did alright, but it's cause Jackson had zero finishing skills, or if he did he choose to play it safe and run out the clock.

Granted Punk did alright, far better than against a real fighter like Gall, but regardless dude didn't get knocked our or tapped out. Losing by decision is far better than the above ways.

Regardless of everything else, he can at least say he competed this time, vs just showing up and getting destroyed in 2 minutes with zero offense.

All that being said, he clearly isn't athletic enough to make up for having no skill. I guess if Bellator wants to throw a payday at him, I wouldn't fault him for taking one more beating, and yes he would lose again.

He should just stick to writing comic books going forward, cause it's the only thing he is good at, other than that one thing where he made $Millions, met his wife, and actually was respected. He hated it SOOOOOO much though, poor guy.

Also, he is about to be 40, isn't he too old to still act like a punk rock teenager? Always talking about being an outcast in school, that was 22 years ago Phil.

I don't believe any of the bull he spews about chasing his dream. He said the same crap when it fit his narrative of wanting to make WWE Better and he loves the place.

Dude is full of it, just playing up a story to fit his ego.

Destor 06-10-2018 04:55 PM

I dont hate vince or the wwe. I hate hypocrites tho. Anf punk def is that.

Bitches about part timers and celebrities taking his spot for half a decade then goes to UFC and fights on the main card @0-1 vs 0-1 while mark hunt is on the undercard.

Fuck that guy

Destor 06-10-2018 04:56 PM

@xrod

No he did not do alright. He fought a bum and looked substantially worse than the bum. The fight is a black mark on the UFC as a whole an no one came out of it looking "alright."

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-10-2018 04:57 PM

Mark Hunt didn't fight last night. (Maybe he did on the last card)

Sixx 06-10-2018 04:58 PM

I really want CM Punk to continue.

Become the UFC's punching bag.

I do enjoy watching him get beat up.

Ol Dirty Dastard 06-10-2018 04:58 PM

Dana literally is firing Mike Jackson after the fight lmfao

Destor 06-10-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dastardly One (Post 5131976)
Mark Hunt didn't fight last night. (Maybe he did on the last card)

Meant overeem. Watching e3 and my brain is distracted