TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "100,001" Replies (Wrestling Forum) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125416)

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2024 10:49 AM

Drew wins the Elimination Chamber and gets the World Heavyweight Title shot. Drew wins that match, finally gets his vindication…only for Damian Priest to cash in MITB.

Vastardikai 02-08-2024 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5640851)
Drew wins the Elimination Chamber and gets the World Heavyweight Title shot. Drew wins that match, finally gets his vindication…only for Damian Priest to cash in MITB.

Damian leaves Judgement Day in the meantime.

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2024 03:20 PM

The Rock tore into “Cody crybabies” on Pat McAfee’s show. Pretty entertaining stuff.

XL 02-08-2024 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5640850)
I think this is what they might do, minus the attack part. Rock listens to the people, Cody listens to the people. They’ve got a problem. They both want WrestleMania. Why not do both?

Cody challenges for the belt night 1. Rock raises his arm. Night 2 is Rock and Roman in the personal issue. That one breaks down and the finish sees Cody blasting Roman with the belt into a Rock Bottom.

WWE sends the message that both men are heroes and can pretend this was clever architecture to get both main events signed and delivered and not a messy wave they managed to somehow ride into shore.

It even fits in with the issues between Roman and Aldis and the focus they’ve put on Roman NOT wrestling. Now he’s forced into wrestling back-to-back nights. Gives him something to go off beyond Mania. Then you’ve got options with what you want to do with him on his return. Jacob Fatu is a free agent now, bring him in and either have him join the Bloodline as a reinforcement or have him be Roman’s fixer and they run roughshod over SmackDown. Or maybe there’s an appetite for a face run at this point.

Seth vs. Punk was a main event match based largely on Punk being back and finally getting that main event slot (albeit on Night 1), Seth vs. Cody will be a good match but it’s going to stick of “less than” and sort of finishing the story. Seth vs. Drew will be a good match but is there steam for it to main event?

Seth/Drew as a hot opener works and The Fall of the Roman Empire as a two part closing act tops off both nights. Easy.

Sting Fan 02-08-2024 10:42 PM

The Wrestlemania backflip thing today was pretty clunky and awkward. I wonder if they will try and put the Rock in it and make it a 3 way.

Surely after all this Cody has to win right?

Ben Rodrigues 02-09-2024 06:13 AM

Lets go...

Night 1 - Roman/Rock vs Cody/Seth. Break down between Roman and Rock leading to Cody and Seth winning.

Night 2 - Cody vs Roman with The Rock helping Cody. Sets up Roman vs Rock for next year.

Ben Rodrigues 02-09-2024 06:15 AM

You could also do Cody vs Rock at Summerslam.

The Fraze 02-09-2024 06:20 AM

Nobody is working both nights. The tag match happens at Elimination Chamber if at all. The Rock aligns with Roman trying to get this "fixed" before inevitably stopping the Bloodline from interfering at WM XL, costing Roman his title. If the EC tag match happens, The Rock and Roman go over by way of a Drew McIntyre interference and claymore-ing Seth into oblivion. Everyone is preserved, nobody looks weak, the main events for both nights are set.

Thus, Cody wins the WWE Championship, The Rock and Roman have a major start to their build for either next year or whenever they decide to do it this year, and Seth still main events night one against Drew.

It's not that difficult.

XL 02-09-2024 01:41 PM

Do you do a “if Rock/Roman win they get the match, if Cody/Seth wins Cody gets Roman” type deal?

I think the rumour was Roman wasn’t working EC but plans do change as we know.

Mr. Nerfect 02-09-2024 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting Fan (Post 5640910)
The Wrestlemania backflip thing today was pretty clunky and awkward. I wonder if they will try and put the Rock in it and make it a 3 way.

Surely after all this Cody has to win right?

Hahahaha!

Mr. Nerfect 02-09-2024 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Rodrigues (Post 5640919)
Lets go...

Night 1 - Roman/Rock vs Cody/Seth. Break down between Roman and Rock leading to Cody and Seth winning.

Night 2 - Cody vs Roman with The Rock helping Cody. Sets up Roman vs Rock for next year.

This seems pretty perfect. I don’t really see Rock working two nights. I don’t know how dependable his body is going to be.

Sting Fan 02-09-2024 08:15 PM

The Scott D'Amore thing seems silly by TNA. I dont really follow the product but seems like people were into what they were doing and the talent seemed to put that down to Scott.

Mr. Nerfect 02-09-2024 09:00 PM

It seems likely there is more to the story. Scandal, conduct, stakeholders/business partners not wanting to work with D’Amore, etc.

The Fraze 02-10-2024 12:25 AM

One thing is for sure, none of us know anything. Including the dirt sheet writers.

XL 02-10-2024 10:26 AM

After SmackDown, does it move to Reigns (w/ The Rock) vs. Rhodes (w/ HHH)?

Bloodline get involved, DX music hits, Road Dogg and X-Pac come out to neutralise Solo/Jimmy (think HHH/Sting at Mania). Take ALL the focus off the current guys to run an Attitude Era nostalgia angle.

Mr. Nerfect 02-10-2024 07:23 PM

Oh wow, I don’t think I can see that. Your post has made me think that it’s not impossible. Trips does a Vince 2000 and helps Roman because it’s “best for business.” I really hope not.

Mr. Nerfect 02-10-2024 07:25 PM

I was just thinking: As head and shoulders above where it normally would be, and the whole mountain between it and its closest competition — it is darkly weird that Triple H seems way more at risk of being fired from his current role than he ever was as a wrestler.

The Fraze 02-11-2024 04:24 AM

Really don't think they would undo all of the good they are seeing from Triple H being in charge.

XL 02-11-2024 05:32 AM

Dunno man. TNA just offed D’Amore who was doing a decent job there. Boneheaded decisions from corporate aren’t rare.

The Fraze 02-11-2024 05:46 AM

The Rock hopefully won't be that dense.

Mr. Nerfect 02-13-2024 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fraze (Post 5641091)
Really don't think they would undo all of the good they are seeing from Triple H being in charge.

Nah, but I’m just thinking about the stress of the job, and how it’s weird he’s probably more vulnerable now than he ever was when he was top talent.

Mr. Nerfect 02-13-2024 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5641094)
Dunno man. TNA just offed D’Amore who was doing a decent job there. Boneheaded decisions from corporate aren’t rare.

They’re not, but I’m waiting to hear what comes of the D’Amore thing.

Tom Guycott 02-14-2024 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5641136)
They’re not, but I’m waiting to hear what comes of the D’Amore thing.

As much as there are people expecting it to be a scandal thing, I'm hoping it's more like The Escapist/Second Wind fiasco where business people in a suit do a corporate bonehead maneuver where they have to prove they understand business by not understanding business.

Besides, it isn't like this is uncharted territory for TNA. Remember, the whole reason why NWA is even a thing right now is because 1/3rd of The Smashing Pumpkins was given the impression that he bought into ownership of Impact until it was revealed he didn't actually and he got pissed and fucked off. And later they also used Matt Hardy's attention and money to stay afloat for a spell and tried to turn around and sue him for his own gimmick afterwards.

Corporate dumbassery in and of itself is a strong probability.

Mr. Nerfect 02-14-2024 11:44 AM

Oh, it’s definitely not impossible. I also think D’Amore has possibly made it hard for himself by being so “independent.” He’s definitely anchored the product around himself in a way that, ironically, could potentially have made him indispensable to TNA. He was trying to be the Paul Heyman of it.

And while TNA has been solid for TNA, it really has been the bare minimum. We’re just not used to that. Put Lance Storm in charge of booking and it will probably get even better.

Mr. Nerfect 02-20-2024 06:13 AM

Enjoyed Raw last week, but couldn’t bring myself to watch it this week. WWE has a long way to go to properly win me back.

Mr. Nerfect 02-20-2024 06:14 AM

Please let it go to 2 hrs when Netflix takes over. Is there a reason for them to want a 3 hr show?

Ben Rodrigues 02-20-2024 08:39 AM

Didn't get a chance to watch RAW properly this week (had to fast forward most of it to get the highlights) but they've changed the presentation quite a bit. I like what I saw.

Michael Chandler is usually a great talker. I think the moment got to him and he started yelling the Conor call out which didn't come across well. First we see "retired UFC welterweight" CM Punk at UFC 298 and now this. Let the cross over continue!

Ben Rodrigues 02-20-2024 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5641318)
Please let it go to 2 hrs when Netflix takes over. Is there a reason for them to want a 3 hr show?

I'd be shocked if it stays at 3 hours. There is no economic benefit.

Mr. Nerfect 02-20-2024 12:23 PM

I noticed a few of those changes last week. Showing guys arriving at the arena at different times and even just kicking things off with a match are appreciated.

Mr. Nerfect 02-20-2024 12:33 PM

We could also see the end of the roster split. If Netflix thinks synergy between the shows is better for performance, I don’t think NBC Universal is going to cry too much about having access to the big stars that are no doubt going to be featured on Netflix.

Mr. Nerfect 02-20-2024 12:43 PM

I had no clue Scott Stanford still works for WWE. He’s been there since 2009.

Ben Rodrigues 02-21-2024 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5641337)
I noticed a few of those changes last week. Showing guys arriving at the arena at different times and even just kicking things off with a match are appreciated.

The change with the replay jumped out at me. McAfee was breaking down the Samoan Spike with lines on the screen similar to what you see in sports. Only going to get better from here.

Ben Rodrigues 02-21-2024 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5641338)
We could also see the end of the roster split. If Netflix thinks synergy between the shows is better for performance, I don’t think NBC Universal is going to cry too much about having access to the big stars that are no doubt going to be featured on Netflix.

Makes sense. For $5 billion I suppose you'd want to do everything you can to get people watching

Mr. Nerfect 02-21-2024 07:39 AM

I noticed a few new camera angles on Raw last week actually. Thought they were pretty cool.

XL 02-23-2024 04:47 AM

If you didn’t watch Raw this week, do seek out the R Truth segment. It actually had be laughing.

The Fraze 02-23-2024 05:12 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Make sure you let <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRock?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheRock</a> know if anybody starts talking trash this Saturday at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WWEChamber?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WWEChamber</a>: Perth 👀 <a href="https://t.co/AIjGrguXBo">pic.twitter.com/AIjGrguXBo</a></p>&mdash; WWE (@WWE) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1760490105196761482?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 22, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mitchables 02-23-2024 06:30 AM

aw yeah sports fans it is almost time for ELIMINATION CHAMBER which i will enjoy LIVE at the REASONABLE HOUR of like. 10pm i guess. i need to look it up. stupid perth

i am not going

because it is in perth, presumably because taylor swift is in sydney this weekend (although she's played melbourne already so idk why they didn't go there to get 3x the crowd size)

and fuck off am i flying to perth for it

stoked to watch a PLE live not in the middle of the day for once though

Mr. Nerfect 02-25-2024 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5641406)
If you didn’t watch Raw this week, do seek out the R Truth segment. It actually had be laughing.

I can’t wait for R-Truth to win the Tag Team Titles with The Miz at WrestleMania, to the approval of his childhood hero, John Cena.

Mr. Nerfect 02-25-2024 08:45 AM

So Dave Meltzer has kind of been stooging himself off a bit lately. The whole Rock/Triple H thing kind of exposed that he doesn’t research, will jump to conclusions (“it was all over social media”) and that he will just flat-out make up his backstage sources (he “asked around” and people backstage agreed with him…).

Even if he was at one time reputable, it seems about time to admit that he isn’t anymore.

Mr. Nerfect 02-25-2024 08:52 AM

Anyway, something optimistic:

I really want to see Chad Gable have a feud with Dominik Mysterio. Both guys could use a singles match at WrestleMania. Have Dom pin Chad in a multi-man tag to warm Judgment Day up for Mania. Dom then brags about being the true alpha and a real American hero unlike that undisciplined Chad Gable.

Make it happen, WWE.

Maluco 02-25-2024 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5641492)
So Dave Meltzer has kind of been stooging himself off a bit lately. The whole Rock/Triple H thing kind of exposed that he doesn’t research, will jump to conclusions (“it was all over social media”) and that he will just flat-out make up his backstage sources (he “asked around” and people backstage agreed with him…).

Even if he was at one time reputable, it seems about time to admit that he isn’t anymore.

He is, and has always been, a bluffer of the highest order. He says absolutely nothing of substance and charges for it. He keeps it all as vague and open as possible so he can never actually be wrong and, for a journalist, his English is terrible.

It’s impressive how he has been able to tap into a rabid fanbase for so many years and manipulate the fact that the most rabid of them want to feel like they are in the know, and have been willing to pay for nothing for so many years.

Mr. Nerfect 02-26-2024 10:56 AM

Vicious. Can’t say you’re wrong though.

Back in the day, I do think he had more sources available to him he could piece together something that was at least partially based in reality. But why am I defending him at all when it’s obvious he doesn’t have any scruples when it comes to what he fabricates or not?

Gerard 02-26-2024 04:24 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PxMCCgjwG7k?si=sz3kUtavFbSv0AWJ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rofl:

Seanny One Ball 02-27-2024 06:55 AM

Imagine doing poos on women, but in a degrading way

Seanny One Ball 02-27-2024 06:58 AM

Somewhere on planet Earth somebody somewhere sometime has definitely pooped directly into a woman’s vagina before.

Think about that for a minute.

Ben Rodrigues 02-28-2024 06:33 AM

I appreciate that WWE stuff isn't leaking to the dirt sheets.

The Fraze 03-02-2024 04:31 AM

Love that this new regime is exposing dirt sheet writers for making a living not knowing anything by just not leaking shit.

Ben Rodrigues 03-02-2024 06:14 AM

The 20 minute promo The Rock released on Twitter was outstanding. The walking clown show Seth Rollins line is gold!

The Fraze 03-02-2024 06:48 AM

This heel character has me so hyped.

Rammsteinmad 03-02-2024 06:49 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VkzOIDJ8YtQ?si=8v5I6yWDDF-9jamy" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DDP helping Buff Bagwell and Scotty Riggs.

The Fraze 03-03-2024 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 5641672)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VkzOIDJ8YtQ?si=8v5I6yWDDF-9jamy" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DDP helping Buff Bagwell and Scotty Riggs.

Straight up crying right now.

The Fraze 03-06-2024 07:45 AM

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/wwe_16_...3344fe979f.jpg

The Fraze 03-17-2024 06:45 AM

Everybody in this build, Cody, Seth, even Roman, looks like an absolute geek compared to The Rock.

Ben Rodrigues 03-17-2024 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fraze (Post 5641943)
Everybody in this build, Cody, Seth, even Roman, looks like an absolute geek compared to The Rock.

Agreed. Further to this, it feels like it's Cody vs The Rock.

The Fraze 03-20-2024 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Rodrigues (Post 5641956)
Agreed. Further to this, it feels like it's Cody vs The Rock.

Said this exact thing to myself with that awesome promo package they showed on Raw before Cody's segment. I was like damn, now I would rather see The Rock vs Cody Rhodes on night one with the same stipulation.

Ben Rodrigues 03-20-2024 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fraze (Post 5641968)
Said this exact thing to myself with that awesome promo package they showed on Raw before Cody's segment. I was like damn, now I would rather see The Rock vs Cody Rhodes on night one with the same stipulation.

That's not bad. I don't particularly care for Seth Rollins so the change wouldn't bother me. Hope the drops the belt to Drew.

Mr. Nerfect 03-21-2024 04:16 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up getting Rock vs. Cody at some point.

The Fraze 03-21-2024 05:46 PM

The Rock using his 2003 heel theme has The Fraze so hyped that he's slowly sauntering to it in his head everywhere.

Big Vic 03-26-2024 03:32 PM

Oooo WWE back to using blood?

Mr. Nerfect 03-26-2024 04:52 PM

The Rock’s angle with Cody on Raw was excellent pro-wrestling. CM Punk shouting out Jim Cornette was cute too.

Mr. Nerfect 03-29-2024 03:24 PM

Ha, I missed Shawn Spears returning to the WWE as Shawn Spears. Good for him, I guess. He had that rep as a solid hand helping others out in developmental. He just never really clicks on-air. But maybe things will be different this time?

Lock Jaw 03-29-2024 03:37 PM

Probably not.

Ben Rodrigues 03-29-2024 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5642181)
The Rock’s angle with Cody on Raw was excellent pro-wrestling. CM Punk shouting out Jim Cornette was cute too.

Cornette then continued the story by doing the "It's Clobberin' Time" pose on Twitter whilst wearing CM Punk's shirt. Clearly we're building to something!

Mr. Nerfect 03-29-2024 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5642243)
Probably not.

Lol, probably not. But I wouldn’t mind him being slotted in as a heel henchman somewhere. He’s far from the worst enhancement guy they’ve ever had.

Ben Rodrigues 03-29-2024 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Rodrigues (Post 5642249)
Cornette then continued the story by doing the "It's Clobberin' Time" pose on Twitter whilst wearing CM Punk's shirt. Clearly we're building to something!

Ahh and CM Punk appears to have responded with Belinda Carlisle's Heaven Is a Place on Earth. No doubt a reference to Jim Cornette's rendition of the song. What a time to be alive!

Mr. Nerfect 03-29-2024 06:59 PM

Common sense recognizes common sense.

Mr. Nerfect 03-29-2024 06:59 PM

Meanwhile AEW keeps punching themselves in the nuts.

Mr. Nerfect 03-29-2024 07:38 PM

I haven’t been following NXT but I just looked up the Stand & Deliver card. Oba Femi vs. Dijak vs. Josh Briggs is going to be one hell of a match. When I saw Oba Femi vs. Dragon Lee, I instantly became a fan of Femi. He’s going to be star, I think. Wouldn’t be shocked if he loses the North American Title when someone else takes the pin and he gets called up, honestly. Not that there’s any rush.

By the way, Baron Corbin is legitimately good now. I’d be fine with him and Bron being a team on the main roster since they seem to want to bolster their tag ranks. I’m not sure it’s the BEST use for Bron. You could also just slip Baron onto Raw and have the occasional interaction between Bron and Baron every now and then, but he joins Rusev and LA Knight in my guys that I’ve turned around on.

Mr. Nerfect 03-29-2024 07:40 PM

Ooh, LA Knight, Bron Breakker & Baron Corbin vs. AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson could actually be a pretty decent post-Mania thing.

Mr. Nerfect 03-29-2024 07:42 PM

I like the idea of B(a)ron vs. Austin Theory & Grayson Waller too. They could do cool stuff with the Street Profits as well. The more I think about it the more I like the Bron & Baron team on Smackers.

Mr. Nerfect 03-29-2024 07:46 PM

I wish they’d do something with Apollo Crews. He’s such a talented guy.

The Fraze 03-29-2024 08:06 PM

ACKNOWLEDGE THE FINAL BOSS.

Optimus Bone 69 04-02-2024 05:03 PM

ill be at the clash

The Fraze 04-03-2024 01:12 AM

https://www.wwe.com/f/styles/wwe_16_...82f32dd3ec.jpg

Bad News Gertner 04-05-2024 02:30 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How cool is this. This was posted on The Rock's TikTok. <a href="https://t.co/zMFAPKMjdN">pic.twitter.com/zMFAPKMjdN</a></p>&mdash; Wrestling News (@WrestlingNewsCo) <a href="https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1776291915077480557?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 5, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Big Vic 04-22-2024 10:25 AM

The VBulletin gods wanted to make sure we missed Mania this year.

Volchok 04-22-2024 11:42 AM

I kept refreshing like a crackhead.

Lock Jaw 04-25-2024 11:40 AM

<iframe width="932" height="524" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z1DoXS9Y3ck" title="Ugandan soft-ground wrestlers receive visit from American pros" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Destor 04-25-2024 01:19 PM

That should be in the back yard fed thread

The Fraze 04-26-2024 06:13 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLD2q5dW...jpg&name=small

The Fraze 04-27-2024 05:14 AM

Anyone else in love with Britt Baker?