TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NFL Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125904)

owenbrown 02-02-2014 11:04 PM

NFL Thread

Now that Denver got embarrassed in New Jersey tonight, Seattle's the champs and it's time for that nearly 7 month long stretch of no football. Maybe this will also be the year Tennessee gets their heads out of their asses and win more than 7 games a season and get back to playoff contention.

James Steele 02-05-2014 06:49 AM

Dallas Cowboys rise like a phoenix from the ashes in 2014.

DaveBrawl 02-05-2014 08:14 AM

We can call their championship season recap dvd Romo's Redemption.

Droford 02-05-2014 09:07 AM

You can call their 3rd place season recap If it wasn't for Romo we might have stood a chance

Evil Vito 02-05-2014 09:16 AM

<font color=goldenrod>Giants need OL help desperately. Would be ecstatic if they managed to get Alex Mack but he'd probably be hella expensive. Even Brian de la Puente would be an upgrade over the nightmare that was David Baas.

They also pick 12th in the draft so I wouldn't be surprised if they go OL in the first again.</font>

screech 02-05-2014 10:11 AM

Ravens looking for OL, S, and a "playmaker WR" last I read. Which is good because that's exactly what they need to focus on improving in that order.

Shame I don't know anything about college players to be able to weigh in on who could be available to draft.

Droford 02-05-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 4373765)
Ravens looking for OL, S, and a "playmaker WR" last I read. Which is good because that's exactly what they need to focus on improving in that order.

Shame I don't know anything about college players to be able to weigh in on who could be available to draft.

The Ravens own site today mentions that Seattle will probably have to cut Sidney Rice and his almost $10 million owed as a potential target.

As far as WR in the draft, there's about 5 WR that could go first round, big names to know are Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin. I can all but guarantee Watkins will be gone by the Ravens pick and Benjamin will probably be too which is a huge shame since he projects out to be in the calibre of Calvin Johnson in a few years. Just about every reputable mock I've seen has the Ravens going with Evans. Both Evans and Benjamin are 6-5 big targets which is something the Ravens need, the only other big WR with first to third round potential is Brandon Coleman who is 6-6 but coming off surgery.

Some people think if the Ravens go safety first round they'll go Ha Ha Clinton Dix from Alabama but honestly just his name makes me want them to skip him. Plus I don't think Safety is as important as a big WR that they won't be able to get later.

Supposedly this is one of the weaker drafts for o-line, but I imagine Ozzie can mine some gems in the late rounds for depth . The O line just needs two upgrades..Center and Right Tackle (adios Michael Other) but really they're getting Osemele back and he can play Right Tackle meaning they only need a center, and I can see them getting another Center a la Matt Birk to be the starter instead of drafting.

Krimzon7 02-05-2014 02:01 PM

Golden Tate just stated that he will be willing to take less money to stay in Seattle.

Seahawks are also talking about cutting Sidney Rice, saving him 7.3Million dollars.

Triple A 02-05-2014 02:46 PM

It's 2014 not 2013 jackass owenbrown...........

Krimzon7 02-05-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A (Post 4373877)
jackass owenbrown...........

:rofl:

Droford 02-05-2014 04:28 PM

CBS getting Thursday night games through November will be wierd

owenbrown 02-05-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A (Post 4373877)
It's 2014 not 2013 jackass owenbrown...........

my fault Triple A, geez, don't be so harsh on me. Besides it should have stickied after the Super Bowl was over but you only have one moderator in the sports forum. :-\

Droford 02-06-2014 10:48 AM

what if you combined Star Wars and the NFL?

I know, very little about Star Wars but I thought the helmets were kinda cool looking mostly

I do think its funny that the Redskins became the JarJar Binks

Bad News Gertner 02-06-2014 11:50 AM

Hopefully the Pats don't half ass address their wide receiver position again.

Ermaximus 02-06-2014 12:40 PM

Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, or Carr? Who will it be?

Also, adios MJD. :( Your time to shine Jordan Todman, as I don't see Forsett being kept as he spent the year hurt.

Emperor Smeat 02-06-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4374298)
Hopefully the Pats don't half ass address their wide receiver position again.

Rumored to be going after Eric Decker if the price is right but already hinted another 1-2 TEs is their bigger priority.

Innovator 02-06-2014 03:42 PM

I'm liking what I'm hearing from McAdoo, shorter routes and fewer option routes. It was tiresome watching a receiver sit down on a route as Eli was throwing go route.

Droford 02-08-2014 08:14 AM

NFL network is replaying the last 4 SBs today, 45 just started.

Bad News Gertner 02-09-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4374379)
Rumored to be going after Eric Decker if the price is right but already hinted another 1-2 TEs is their bigger priority.

Crazy that last year they had Gronk and Hernandez and now TE is a priority.

Evil Vito 02-09-2014 12:30 PM

<font color=goldenrod>The consensus seems to be that the Rams want to ride out their investment in Sam Bradford, so they're expected to draft OL with their first pick. Would be very surprised if they don't trade down to do it. I've even heard the Browns may get desperate and try to jump to #2 to ensure they get one of the top 3 QBs, as you'd presume Texans and Jags will both go QB, so the #2 pick is a wild card depending on whether or not a team wants to jump up to land one of the QBs or Clowney.

I can see it now. Rams suck the Browns into moving up 2 spots. Then they trade the #4 pick to a team that wants to jump ahead of Oakland for Clowney. Then they still get their OL and collect a shitpile of picks to do it.</font>

James Steele 02-09-2014 12:54 PM

Bradford can succeed in the league if he can get an O-Line that protects him.

road doggy dogg 02-09-2014 09:40 PM

Can't wait for the next 3 months of hearing alllllllllllllll about Michael Sam

Droford 02-10-2014 08:50 AM

I bet he cost himself a couple rounds in the draft.

screech 02-10-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 4375813)

Which is ridiculous because it should have no bearing on his talent/potential.

road doggy dogg 02-10-2014 10:45 AM

Obviously not but most teams don't want another Tebow situation on their hands

road doggy dogg 02-10-2014 10:47 AM

Especially with all the Incognito/Martin stuff. Even though we know the players in the locker room are wrong for thinking it (hi, Vilma), the fact of the matter is™ that they ARE thinking it and a lot of GMs probably don't want to deal with the headache and would rather invest a high-round pick on a "safer" player than try to actually move forward as human beings

screech 02-10-2014 12:58 PM

I can see how teams/execs are looking at it, and I guess for them it's the safe move.

It just baffles me that in 2014 sexual orientation is seen as such a distraction that teams dismiss drafting certain guys.

road doggy dogg 02-10-2014 01:43 PM

We all thought we were over the race thing too but you needn't look much farther than casual forum to see that's still alive and well.

Emperor Smeat 02-10-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 4375813)

I doubt it but ESPN does have him in the 3-5 Rounds range for projections. Regardless of his announcement, he already had too many prospect DEs ahead of him for this year's draft.

Droford 02-10-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 4375834)
Which is ridiculous because it should have no bearing on his talent/potential.

Whatever them that drafts him will have to want to deal with the media circus that will come around only to talk about him, especially during training camp. There are probably several teams that just won't want that headache.

He should have taken a lesson from Jason Collins and waited til he was drafted and under contract. It'd be funny if he didn't get drafted at all, no doubt he would sue. Then the NFL will end up with some sort rule about it like the Rooney Rule for black head coaches.

road doggy dogg 02-10-2014 03:23 PM

Except he's a very good player at a position that's generally drafted at a premium. Some team, regardless of their feelings on the matter, would take a chance at him for the right value (draft round).

I mean, hell, does anybody even care about Manti Teo anymore?

Bad News Gertner 02-11-2014 07:18 AM

I ain't wantin no queers on my Patriots that's for sure.

road doggy dogg 02-11-2014 09:04 AM

I'd make a crack about Brady but that's low-hanging fruit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

road doggy dogg 02-11-2014 09:04 AM

(BECAUSE HE IS A HOMOSEXUAL, SEE, AND HIS SUPERMODEL GIRLFRIENDS ARE JUST HIS BEARD)

Ermaximus 02-11-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4375949)
I mean, hell, does anybody even care about Manti Teo anymore?

I wasn't aware anyone did to begin with to be honest.

road doggy dogg 02-11-2014 09:20 AM

It was one of the biggest stories in all of sports last year, what a dumb thing to say.

RP 02-11-2014 09:39 AM

Wouldn't it be weird if you were showering with this dude and he had a big erection.

screech 02-11-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 4376515)
Wouldn't it be weird if you were showering with this dude and he had a big erection.

And his erection gave you an erection.

Krimzon7 02-11-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4376474)
I ain't wantin no queers on my Patriots that's for sure.

Which is funny because Kraft and Billichek have already 'come out' and stated that they'll draft him if it fits their needs.

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-11-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 4374292)
what if you combined Star Wars and the NFL?

I know, very little about Star Wars but I thought the helmets were kinda cool looking mostly

I do think its funny that the Redskins became the JarJar Binks

Yeah moving from a racist mascot for Native Americans to a character based on Racist Black roles of early movies.