TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marvel vs Capcom 3 - ULTIMATE Rip-Off (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=101474)

Drakul 04-07-2010 11:39 PM

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - ULTIMATE Rip-Off

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotaku
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...s_capcom_3.jpg

Word of a new Marvel Vs. Capcom game could be heading our way in the coming months if rumors from website Team Spooky can be believed.

And here's why I think they can: The poster over on Team Spooky saying that Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is inbound is the same person who last summer leaked the entire Super Street Fighter IV roster and got it right.

There's also my interview with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars producer Ryota Niitsuma from earlier this year.

In it, Niitsuma says that a we could be hearing about a new versus game from Capcom this year.

"I would love to do more versus series, more types of games like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2," Niitsuma said. "There are all of these possibilities working with other companies, seeing what we could do with them. There are so many game companies I'd love to work with.

"If sales are really good (for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars) then you can see an announcement within this year," he said.

Also, there's Capcom's annual big news event happening next week in Hawaii. They've got to have something to knock our socks off with right?

Don't worry, we'll be there live to deliver all of the news, impressions and interviews live from the island state.

Source.

I think the most interesting thing is that it was "leaked" by whoever leaked the SSFIV roster. This looks like it could be true. SSFIV graphics, maybe?

Kane Knight 04-07-2010 11:49 PM

Is it me, or is this virtually identical to the talk of TVC 2?

Also, does it look more like he's talking crossovers with other media groups?

I've seen this jumped on all over the net as MVC 3, but it's possible we're going to see Capcom v McDonalds or Capcom v TNA.

Kane Knight 04-07-2010 11:49 PM

The interview, not the "leak."

Fignuts 04-07-2010 11:50 PM

geeeee

Drakul 04-08-2010 12:06 AM

I think people are starting to think it's most likely going to be MvC3 because it was said to be MvC3 by the same guy who told us the SSFIV roster before it was announced. He even told us about Juri and Hakan and what their characters and fighting style were before they got announced. Hakan was revealed about a year after he was listed in the guys leaked roster.

Capcom vs Someone-New would be interesting though.

Vietnamese Crippler 04-08-2010 12:44 AM

Capcom vs. Shounen Jump

Kane Knight 04-08-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 3016608)
I think people are starting to think it's most likely going to be MvC3 because it was said to be MvC3 by the same guy who told us the SSFIV roster before it was announced. He even told us about Juri and Hakan and what their characters and fighting style were before they got announced. Hakan was revealed about a year after he was listed in the guys leaked roster.

Capcom vs Someone-New would be interesting though.

I think I'd prefer the something new. Though I'm hoping they do TVC 2 so I can get it on the Xbox.

On the other hand, the possibility of an updated MVC roster seems pretty cool.

Kalyx triaD 04-08-2010 01:44 AM

I also heard of an announcement coming in May of one Marve vs Capcom 3, but I didn't wanna post it here because it seemed too good to be true (I really do filter certain musings, CAUSE I LOVE YOU PEOPLE).

As Kane Knight suggests, a reveal of (a multiplatform?) TvC2 seems more likely, but it looks win-win from where I'm standing.

Funky Fly 04-08-2010 06:50 AM

An MvC that wasn't just Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men: CotA could be bad ass. Black Panther, Sentry, Iron Patriot and 34578934658907345890 more recent characters would make for a great game.

Kalyx triaD 04-16-2010 04:55 PM

Announcement may be sooner than May.

Kalyx triaD 04-17-2010 12:27 PM

• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.

• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.

• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.

• The game will run in 1080p resolution.

• It will be a disc-based release.

• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.

• The game will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx
So I predict Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 at least announced during Capcom's 'second wave' of next-gen fighters. It may even coincide with the digital release of MvC2. What do you guys think?

So I was wrong about TvC not coming here and when the game would get announced - but I'm happy MvC3 is going down. Flip on the hype switch if you haven't done it already.

Fignuts 04-17-2010 05:16 PM

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fignuts 04-17-2010 05:17 PM

Also, please pos the source. Gonna post this on another forum.

Kalyx triaD 04-17-2010 05:23 PM

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/a...apcom-3-works/

Drakul 04-17-2010 07:29 PM

Sounds cool. I'm surprised it's going to be playable so soon.

If the roster is going to blow fans out of the water, they must have a bigger roster than MvC2, so that would be over 56 characters.

I'm hoping that leads to a whole hell of a lot of diversity online.

dronepool 04-17-2010 08:16 PM

I could see like 70-80 characters being in it.

LuigiD 04-18-2010 11:55 AM

As much as I liked SF4..I think the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom engine was superior and would fit the game more...even if it ever existed...which I highly doubt. One time I was hanging out with my friend talking about this game. He is a huge Christian and we always get into deep theological debates and I told him if they ever make MVC 3 I would suck it up and admit Christianity is the best religion ever.

Kalyx triaD 04-18-2010 12:03 PM

Start admitting now, dude.

LuigiD 04-19-2010 09:58 AM

I will when I see it! I have had my dreams crushed too many times when it comes to MVC 3! :(
Will be interesting to see what characters come back..I mean, some of the characters in the original MVC 2 were very 90's characters. I mean, I don't think I have seen Marrow or Blackheart in a marvel comic in a long long time. I am guessing if the game gets made we will probably see some of the characters that have really exploded in popularity like Deadpool and Luke Cage.

Fignuts 04-19-2010 10:06 AM

Deadpool is pretty much a given, I think.

Going to take a stab and guess that sentry will be the final boss, what with his uber form recently revealed.

LuigiD 04-19-2010 10:27 AM

Sentry would be nice..I wouldn't mind seeing King Green Scar as a sub-boss or something tho.

Kane Knight 04-19-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3030576)

I'll wait until it's actually official, not "all but official."

Kalyx triaD 04-19-2010 01:26 PM

Seriously guys this would otherwise be the greatest professional trolling in history.

Kalyx triaD 04-19-2010 02:06 PM

Embargo lifts Tuesday. Lots of news on this and other Capcom games from last weeks Captivate event.

Fignuts 04-19-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3033038)
Seriously guys this would otherwise be the greatest professional trolling in history.

Firepro Wrestling HD

Kalyx triaD 04-19-2010 05:27 PM

Yeah, that was epic.

Kalyx triaD 04-20-2010 02:46 AM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7-j7fh2CVQM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7-j7fh2CVQM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ladies and gentleman, Deadpool and Chris Redfield confirmed.

Blitz 04-20-2010 03:06 AM

Buy. Right after I replace the pants I just soiled with copious amounts of semen.

dronepool 04-20-2010 03:16 AM

Holy shit balls.

Drakul 04-20-2010 03:35 AM

It's been removed.

Found another upload

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6vR-d2LZi4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6vR-d2LZi4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Awesomness.

Vietnamese Crippler 04-20-2010 03:46 AM

Seeeeeeeexyyyyyyyy

Kalyx triaD 04-20-2010 03:50 AM

Silhouettes (correct me if I'm wrong):

Capcom side, right to left:

- Viewtiful Joe???
- ???
- C.Viper???
- Chun Li
- DANTE

Marvel side, right to left:

- Captain America???
- Dr. Doom or Moon Knight???
- Deadpool guaranteed
- ???
- ??? (Interesting hand gesture, some self impressed villain?)

RoXer 04-20-2010 03:57 AM

I'll wait until it's actually official

Blitz 04-20-2010 04:16 AM

If Moon Knight is in, I just may scream like a girl.

Also Shatterstar needs to be in. Like badly.

Drakul 04-20-2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3034477)
Capcom side, right to left:

- Viewtiful Joe???
- ???
- C.Viper???
- Chun Li
- DANTE

The guy next to VJ looks like it's either Chuck Greene from Dead Rising 2 or Nathan "RAD" Spencer from the original Bionic Commando.

Kalyx triaD 04-20-2010 04:30 AM

The pants look casual so I'm thinking Dead Rising..?

Drakul 04-20-2010 04:32 AM

I think the shape of his head and the collar match up, too. So it looks like it's Chuck.
If it is, I'm betting Frank is unlocked by beating the game with Chuck or something.

Funky Fly 04-20-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 3034501)
If Moon Knight is in, I just may scream like a girl.

Also Shatterstar needs to be in. Like badly.

Shatterstar? Really? I get that he's a great hand to hand guy and all (all of Liefeld's guys tend to be), but honestly there are better (ie not gay 90s side characters) out there to put in.

Like The Punisher. How the fuck did he get left out?

Also, I second Sentry as a boss.

Khuntry 04-20-2010 10:23 AM

Ryota Niitsuma, the guy behind TvC is also involved. Win

Khuntry 04-20-2010 10:25 AM

Chris fucking Redfield Hot Damn!