TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Big Match Jon vs The Undertaker (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134714)

TheFallenOneX 03-13-2018 05:24 PM

Big Match Jon vs The Undertaker

Does this excite anyone? The build up seems like a desperate Cena vs an uninterested Taker. Cena is just coming off whiny, and in all honesty it doesn't accomplish anything for either man.

A Taker win you could say he came back to New Orleans and avenged the loss that broke the streak. That also mean Cena has lost 3 PPV's in a row, he has buried himself

A Cena win means, he is the guy who broke the s.......no wait Brock did that.......he showed Taker that this is his y.......nope that was Roman last year......all is shows is how old and ordinary Taker has become, after 21 wins in a row Taker would be 1-3 at Wrestlemania.

I almost would have rather had Cena win at Fastlane, and go on the WM and have a passing of the torch match with Nakamura (Have AJ team with Shane to take on KO and Zayn, then run the AJ vs Nakamura program to headline the first Duel branded PPV)

But I digress, I just don't find this match appealing, at all as someone who grew up on the myth and mystique of the Undertaker, let the streak of Undertaker match at Wrestlemania end.

TheFallenOneX 03-13-2018 05:30 PM

Another idea: Let Taker come out with a spiritual successor to his Wrestlemania Legacy, and have the Demon King Finn Balor start his own WM streak (let it be the only time of year he dresses up in his Demon King gear special entrance etc.

Droford 03-13-2018 05:33 PM

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tDcNVDNSQNc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ClockShot 03-13-2018 05:34 PM

It's gotta be a handicap match.

Undertaker comes out in a wheelchair, Cena in a metal straightjacket and maybe on of his legs in a cast.

Simple Fan 03-13-2018 05:41 PM

Not really excited about the match. Taker returning as Biker Taker would peak some interest. Kind of makes sense after the guy leaving all his stuff in the ring the last couple years and Kid Rock going into the HOF.

XL 03-13-2018 05:47 PM

Maybe that’s what they’re going for with the “worked shoot” theme? We’re getting Mark, rather than The Undertaker.

mike adamle 03-13-2018 06:12 PM

I'm extremely excited for this one. Probably more hyped for this than anything else on the card. And no way they're gonna have him be biker taker, they have to do the deadman taker entrance, it's mania.

Gerard 03-13-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike adamle (Post 5094705)
I'm extremely excited for this one. Probably more hyped for this than anything else on the card. And no way they're gonna have him be biker taker, they have to do the deadman taker entrance, it's mania.

He done the biker taker entrance at a few mania's. Not sure what the significance of the event is in that regard.

mike adamle 03-13-2018 07:21 PM

That was before Mania revolved around him

Jordan 03-13-2018 07:54 PM

I'm hyped because it's one of the dream matches we haven't seen and also because I think the crowd will be really hot.

Corkscrewed 03-13-2018 10:01 PM

I was really hoping that Braun was going to answer the Cena last night and challenge him to a match at WM, since Strowman was without an opponent at the start of the show too. Would have been something different, and Super Cena vs Monster Among Men would have been a fun dynamic in the build-up.

Droford 03-13-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragile X (Post 5094729)
I'm hyped because it's one of the dream matches we haven't seen and also because I think the crowd will be really hot.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PM3s5OVBdms" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There you go

Jordan 03-13-2018 10:58 PM

I think that was The Fake Undertaker.

Mr. Nerfect 03-13-2018 11:35 PM

I'm not that into Taker, but I'll take whatever I can get of Cena. He's going to work his ass off to prove that he can deliver with Taker. Low expectations means it will likely exceed them. I hope JR is on commentary.

Fignuts 03-13-2018 11:55 PM

this would have excited me 5 years ago

Luigi 03-14-2018 12:56 AM

I have zero interest in this match, but I believe the correct decision here would be to have Undertaker go over Cena. This would achieve the following:

1) Make Reigns and Brock look even more special since they would be the only two guys to have beaten Taker.
2) Demonstrate to the fans that Undertaker still has heart and still has the ability to overcome all odds.
3) play into Cena’s, “do I still got it?” angle.

My hope is that Braun Strowman will be the one to definitively retire Undertaker later this year at Summerslam or something.

Damian Rey 2.0 03-14-2018 01:37 AM

Casual fans and kiddies aren't sitting there thinking to themselves "gee, Cena couldn't beat Undertaker, but Reigns and Brock did. Guess Cena isn't on their level". It's never mentioned. Add that Reigns and Lesnar have already beaten Cena clean as a whistle.

Cena v Taker is nothing more than a special attraction match. Regardless of who wins it'll lead nowhere because Taker isn't sticking around and Cena very well may not be either.

Luigi 03-14-2018 04:47 AM

Fair enough, but I think Taker jobbing again would start to tarnish his legacy a little. Taker should go over Cena at Mania in my opinion. Cena then continues his “do I still got it?” Schtick, while a guy like Braun can be the one to officially end Undertaker later in the yyear. Cena doesn’t need that notch on his belt.

Damian Rey 2.0 03-14-2018 10:28 AM

Taker already is tarnishing his legacy. He's been in meaningless go nowhere matches for years. Cena should win for the sheer fact that he'll still be around in some capacity after Mania. Taker will not be. We also both know that Cena won't go anywhere with the "do I still got it" shtick because it's being used to force an angle and match.

Destor 03-14-2018 11:25 AM

Im not excited but the match will deliver

Loose Cannon 03-14-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 5094692)
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tDcNVDNSQNc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

still love this gimmick 15 years later.

Juan 03-15-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5094950)
Im not excited but the match will deliver

Nicky Fives 03-15-2018 11:05 AM

I fthey are as serious as they seem to be with Strowman, they should have him DESTROY Undertaker at Mania.... like under 5 minutes. Then he has bragging rights over both Reigns & Lesnar, "You may have beaten Undertaker before, but I beat him quicker and more decisively, give me a title match". Easy post-mania feud.

Stickman 03-15-2018 11:58 AM

I am not excited about this match and I don't think it will deliver.

DAMN iNATOR 03-15-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickman (Post 5095611)
I am not excited about this match and I don't think it will deliver.

Mr. Nerfect 03-17-2018 01:36 AM

Random prediction: Crowd is surprisingly into John Cena. I think we're about to enter a point in time where even the detached and habitual Cena hate melts away. But that might be a bit bold to predict it so soon.

James Steele 03-17-2018 01:46 AM

The crowd has gone nuts the two promos Cenas has done mentioning the idea of a Taker match. Cena will be able to pull a good match out of Undertaker, and hopefully Taker’s surgeries allow him to be better than his showing last year. This match will deliver because it will be a brawl like no other and the atmosphere and emotion will push it over the top. This is the last dream match left for WWE, and it is going to be tremendous.

Anybody Thrilla 03-17-2018 01:48 AM

I'll watch it.

Ruien 03-17-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 5096000)
The crowd has gone nuts the two promos Cenas has done mentioning the idea of a Taker match. Cena will be able to pull a good match out of Undertaker, and hopefully Taker’s surgeries allow him to be better than his showing last year. This match will deliver because it will be a brawl like no other and the atmosphere and emotion will push it over the top. This is the last dream match left for WWE, and it is going to be tremendous.

Every match BRAUN is in is a dream match.

Mr. Nerfect 03-18-2018 01:31 AM

The only problem is that Cena often works to the level of his opponent, and Taker is pretty...yeah. I think it will be better from a spectacle perspective, and if Cena breaks his back though.

mike adamle 03-18-2018 11:17 AM

The only mediocre Taker Mania match since the Casket match at WM 22 was his match against Bray Wyatt at WM 31, and even that wasn't terrible. This match is going to be incredible, probably on par with the Triple H-Taker Mania classics. Which reminds me, I just watched Taker-HHH from Mania 27 and holy fuck what a classic match. That one seems to be forgotten because of all the other classics Taker had over that course of Manias, but that one is just amazing.

Mr. Nerfect 03-18-2018 09:20 PM

I liked Punk vs. Taker and I'm sure some of his stuff with Brock was good, but their Mania match kind of sucked. I enjoyed Reigns vs. Taker more than it was good because JR was on commentary, but Taker was...not in form.

Tom Guycott 03-19-2018 12:44 AM

Biker Taker vs Prototype only!

TheFallenOneX 03-20-2018 11:31 AM

That promo this week, seriously bad.

Destor 03-20-2018 11:38 AM

I dont watch the weekly shows...elaborate?

Mr. Nerfect 03-21-2018 05:53 PM

Was it Taker or Cena? Taker's always been an awkward talker in the gimmick.

Juan 03-22-2018 06:20 AM

You probably would have heard or read by now if Undertaker appeared on Raw, no?

Juan 03-22-2018 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5097039)
I dont watch the weekly shows...elaborate?

They're having Cena take the route of calling Taker a coward in order to get Taker to accept the challenge, but it's been coming off really hokey and cheesy and of course, transparent.

Dukelorange 03-22-2018 07:47 AM

With Daniel on the card, the AJ Dream match, The potentially awesome Cruiserweight Title match, the Usos match, the Askua match, the Finn Balor Seth Rollins Miz Match....

Yeah, I'm not really excited about John or Taker right now.

Mr. Nerfect 03-22-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 5097782)
You probably would have heard or read by now if Undertaker appeared on Raw, no?

Probably not. I haven't been reading reports or anything. I've been going by the dirt sheet thread.