TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Read this about how fucked up Moohla was (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134710)

Jordan 03-12-2018 11:23 PM

Read this about how fucked up Moohla was

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...bulous_moolah/

Quote:

The reason women's pro-wrestling in North America was and still in large part today considered a joke and just an opportunity to oggle at tits and asses is largely in part thanks to the way Moolah trained her girls and how Moolah wrestled. Moolah was not a good worker. Her wrestling style considered of hair pulling snapmare, headlocks, clotheslines and nothing else. Those that argue that women's wrestling was always like that and Moolah did nothing to change it are ignorant. In the '30s and '40s, female wrestling employed shooters and they wrestled in the traditional sense of the term. Tits and asses were used to advertise and get them in the building, but the girls worked longer and more technically sound matches than today. The champion was always a shooter, and the matches for the championship and leading up to the main event had to be high caliber. The reason Japanese women's wrestling was light years ahead of North American's is because of one person and one person only - Moolah.

Vastardikai 03-12-2018 11:44 PM

Mildred Burke did for Joshi what Karl Gotch did for Puro.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-12-2018 11:49 PM

This says nothing about how she pimped out girls and kept them drugged up and dependent on her. Also on how she would take 20% of their deals.

Delete! Incomplete! Delete! Obsolete!

Tom Guycott 03-13-2018 12:47 AM

And even with all that said, it still is funny to me that Carmella's ring gear pretty much mirrors Moolah's, and that doesn't come up like ever.

Black Widow 03-13-2018 04:12 PM

Y'all are so disgusted by Snuka,Moolah etc that you continue to tune in and by merchandise.

Vastardikai 03-13-2018 04:21 PM

Speak for yourself.

My bro buys the Rumble every year. That is the only full WWE show I watch all year. I follow on the YouTube's, and if something cool comes up I might check that, but I don't consistently watch the product. The writing is shit and the talent are a bunch of marks.

Black Widow 03-13-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastardikai (Post 5094670)
Speak for yourself.

My bro buys the Rumble every year. That is the only full WWE show I watch all year. I follow on the YouTube's, and if something cool comes up I might check that, but I don't consistently watch the product. The writing is shit and the talent are a bunch of marks.

Still I'm sure it was still something pretty known before you stopped.

Emperor Smeat 03-13-2018 04:28 PM

Really idiotic and tone deaf move by the WWE to name it after her.

Last time they honored her publicly, it generated a lot more negative backlash than positive mainstream praise for them and more people being aware of her dark past. Even worse now to do it considering the current wave of #MeToo outing of sexual harassers and using her name to leech off of the Women's Revolution/Evolution.

Loose Cannon 03-13-2018 04:47 PM

wait she drugged people? wtf lol

Evil Vito 03-13-2018 04:49 PM

Once you're dead, any previous transgressions will go away as more and more time goes on.

I look forward to the Chris Benoit Invitational in 2025.

GD 03-13-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED (Post 5094681)
Once you're dead, any previous transgressions will go away as more and more time goes on.

I look forward to the Chris Benoit Submission Spectacular in 2025.

FTFY

GD 03-13-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon (Post 5094680)
wait she drugged people? wtf lol

Don't forget that she was a mad pimp.

Bad News Gertner 03-13-2018 06:29 PM

Moolah was an AWFUL human being.

Fignuts 03-13-2018 08:57 PM

Winner of the battle royal gets their wages cut, and has to do sexual favors for other promotors.

Mr. Nerfect 03-13-2018 11:44 PM

I am kind of looking forward to the crowd reaction for the Moolah Battle Royal.

rez 03-14-2018 12:05 AM

WWE: WWE vs. GLOW, Ronda Rousey on Ellen, Main Event Results
By Triple A on Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 at 3:06 PM ET
WWE vs. GLOW
WWE wrestlers will face off in a rap battle against cast members from Netflix’s GLOW on an upcoming episode of the TBS show “Drop the Mic,” according to Squared Circle Sirens.

It'd be the perfect chance for the women to call her legacy out... but won't happen.

Emperor Smeat 03-14-2018 01:00 AM

Apparently several women on NXT and the main roster deleted their tweets praising Moolah. Either they realized from the backlash how terrible Moolah was and/or only did it to please the WWE's demands and got rid of it afterwards.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-14-2018 04:35 AM

It's working. There's a reason it was the Mae Young Classic. Should just be Mae Young Battle Royal. She was cool.

Fignuts 03-14-2018 05:19 AM

Mildred Burke Battle Royal

She's probably the most important person in the history of women's wrestling.

Jordan 03-14-2018 08:43 AM

They should've just called it ... "The 20 Woman Off With Your Top Battle Royal" The last pair of covered titties, wins.

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-14-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED (Post 5094681)

I look forward to the Chris Benoit Invitational in 2025.

I believe it was Gertner who said, "sometimes you just murder some people".

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-14-2018 08:48 AM

Sensational Sherri Battle Royal.

Destor 03-14-2018 09:32 AM

Holy revisionist history batman.

Quote:

In the '30s and '40s, female wrestling employed shooters and they wrestled in the traditional sense of the term. Tits and asses were used to advertise and get them in the building, but the girls worked longer and more technically sound matches than today.

LOL

Simple Fan 03-14-2018 09:35 AM

I dont care about what ever Moolah supposedly did throughout her career but I feel like it should have been the Chyna Memorial Battle Royal instead. Or just combine it and the ATGMBR and call it the 10th Wonder of the World Battle Royal with men and women.

Heisenberg 03-14-2018 10:15 AM

One Night in Chyna Memorial Battle Royal

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-14-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberg (Post 5094938)
One Night in Chyna Memorial Battle Royal

Not gonna lie have totally wanked to year 2000 Chyna. One Night in Chyna-Chyna is just sad though.

I'm talking when those surgeries were fresh!

Evil Vito 03-14-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 5094940)
Not gonna lie have totally wanked to year 2000 Chyna.

Ya definitely spanked it to her in 2000/2001 when she was doing all of the bikini shoots with the rest of the women.

Nobody in those photo shoots was off-limits to 12 year old me. Yeah I know Debra was old enough to be my mother. Didn't care. Boobs.

Fignuts 03-14-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5094933)
Holy revisionist history batman.

LOL

Yeah, dunno about that. I mean, they were better than the diva search era, but even in Japan, you didn't see any technical masterpeices til the mid 80's with the crush gals, Jaguar Yokota, Devil Masami, etc. Before then, it was somewhat enjoyable, but there was still a lot of hair pulling, and matches that were just basic fundamentals.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-14-2018 02:47 PM

Father of the Year non-memorial (too bad) Buck Zumhofe Battle royal.

Maluco 03-14-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 5094927)
Sensational Sherri Battle Royal.

This! If anyone could show evolution in woman's wrestling, it's Sherri. She started off as a valet who did very little and slowly became a great manager and personality in a boys world.

Her reactions and the way she played off people were so underrated and she usually elevated whoever she was paired with, or at least made them instantly unlikeable (her job)

This would have been perfect

Destor 03-14-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5094995)
Yeah, dunno about that. I mean, they were better than the diva search era, but even in Japan, you didn't see any technical masterpeices til the mid 80's with the crush gals, Jaguar Yokota, Devil Masami, etc. Before then, it was somewhat enjoyable, but there was still a lot of hair pulling, and matches that were just basic fundamentals.

Yeah the was a clear renaissance and it wasnt in the 40's. Whoever wrote the OP just assumed no one would fact check it.

Destor 03-14-2018 03:21 PM

And the reason JPN was light years a head inring is because the audience demanded much different things from both the men and the woman. Trash post. The marks wanted either freekshows or T&A from the women so thats what got booked.

Moolahs horrors were not some grand manipulation of the product, they were far far worse.

slik 03-14-2018 03:40 PM

Miss Liz Memorial Battle Royal plz

slik 03-14-2018 03:40 PM

Lex Luger banned from attending tho

Emperor Smeat 03-14-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5095006)
Yeah the was a clear renaissance and it wasnt in the 40's. Whoever wrote the OP just assumed no one would fact check it.

The article doesn't really claim anything about a renaissance of sorts happening in the 30s and 40s, just how women's wrestling was a lot more different or technical than the decades under Moolah's grip which was true.

If anything it completely glosses over:
* The decline of that era of women's wrestling happening right before the rise of televised wrestling which was a huge opportunity lost.
* The breakup of Burke and Wolfe which paved the way for Moolah's eventual dominance in women's wrestling.
* The fact promoters in the US refused to see women's wrestling as anything but a side attraction and eye candy for decades. This also affected the training for women who wanted to become pro wrestlers.
* Vince's role in causing the shift to go to Japan since he never really cared about women's wrestling and once the Japan incident involving Moolah occurred, it gave him the reason needed to start dropping it.

Destor 03-14-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5095019)
The article doesn't really claim anything about a renaissance of sorts happening in the 30s and 40s, just how women's wrestling was a lot more different or technical than the decades under Moolah's grip which was true.

Except for how it isnt at all

Destor 03-14-2018 04:08 PM

Dont let facts get in the way of framing a good story though

Emperor Smeat 03-14-2018 04:23 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nd2WrTarnoQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lot different than the style Moolah would popularize and teach during her era.

Theo Dious 03-14-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 5094708)
Moolah was an AWFUL human being.

So were the majority of promoters. #equality

Theo Dious 03-14-2018 06:22 PM

I'd also be pleased if it was renamed the Titty Master battle royal.