TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Arrow on CW (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125144)

Krimzon7 10-10-2013 07:35 AM

Arrow on CW

Season 2 premiered last night. It was awesome. There were a ton of cool ass nods, a bit of world building, and some decent action. I hope somebody else here is enjoying this show.

DaveBrawl 10-10-2013 09:05 AM

Didn't get a chance to watch last night, but I will definitely be checking it out tonight. If it's as good as last season, I'm sure I'll love it.

ClockShot 10-10-2013 09:18 AM

This guy, right here, is enjoying it.

Lock Jaw 10-10-2013 01:07 PM

I've finally been catching up on season 1. Have something like four eps to go in the season. Show sure did get a lot better after I stopped watching it.

DaveBrawl 10-10-2013 01:17 PM

Don't you ruin this for us Lock Jaw. If it starts to drop off in quality, we know who to blame.

Krimzon7 10-10-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4314275)
I've finally been catching up on season 1. Have something like four eps to go in the season. Show sure did get a lot better after I stopped watching it.

The show did build quite slowly. It was as if they knew they were gonna be doing so much awesome fanboy shit, that they took their time getting to all of it.

Lock Jaw 10-11-2013 05:55 PM

Gorram, just watched the finale of season 1. Can't believe I didn't keep up with this show. Too emotional right now, can't start season 2 just yet.

Lock Jaw 10-11-2013 11:33 PM

Just watched the season premiere. Love the way it is going now, with him trying to become more of a non-killing hero instead of a "ruthless" vigilante.

Summer Glau just seems awkward and out of place though. Hope they don't cancel the show because of her.

Tom Guycott 10-12-2013 12:54 AM

Crap! I didn't realise it was time for new eps...

McLegend 10-16-2013 09:02 PM

Arrow is top notch.

Lock Jaw 10-18-2013 09:59 PM

Laurel's makeup really bugs me this season. Her eyelashes are really weird and distracting.

McLegend 10-23-2013 09:12 PM

Dude

Lock Jaw 10-24-2013 01:15 AM

Ra's Al Ghul on Arrow?!

This gon' be good.

Lock Jaw 10-24-2013 01:17 AM

I knew that the League of Assassins was showing up this season, didn't think that they would connect it with Ra's though, since he is a major Batman villain.

Krimzon7 10-26-2013 11:08 AM

We hear about star labs, central city, ted kord, LoA, ollie went to bludhaven....I love how much they build out Arrow's universe.

Lock Jaw 10-26-2013 01:04 PM

I guess to be fair with the whole villain thing.... can honestly not think of another "Green Arrow villain" other than Merlyn.

Tom Guycott 10-27-2013 01:03 AM

Might be a side effect of the eventual additon of Flash- the ability to possibly add some of the Rogues as regulars in the villain department.

McLegend 10-27-2013 10:24 AM

What I lovea about Arrow is they take all these B and C characters and try and turn them into A's.

Also the Count is suppose to be coming back this year. I feel like they are going to try and turn him into Green Arrow's Jokerr equivalent.

mitchables 10-27-2013 11:27 AM

calling it now, black canary is totally laurel's sister. bet she survived the sinking, got picked up by the league of shadows (since we know they're involved now) and trained with them under r'as.

was pretty impressed they used dollmaker, and i like that they've included sin and used brother blood a couple episodes back too. i believe waller is on the way as well.

did you guys catch that the ship ollie, shado and slade were imprisoned on was called "amazo"? pretty sure ivo is involved in this season too. they are fleshing the fuck out this universe, and i am really excited for the rest of this season. this show started off kinda slowly, but i am so glad i stuck with it, because it is paying off big-time.

Lock Jaw 10-27-2013 12:40 PM

Oh yeah, Count Vertigo. I think he was mainly a Green Arrow villain back in the day, before going on to being more associated with the Suicide Squad.

Tom Guycott 10-27-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchables (Post 4324199)
calling it now, black canary is totally laurel's sister. bet she survived the sinking, got picked up by the league of shadows (since we know they're involved now) and trained with them under r'as.

was pretty impressed they used dollmaker, and i like that they've included sin and used brother blood a couple episodes back too. i believe waller is on the way as well.

did you guys catch that the ship ollie, shado and slade were imprisoned on was called "amazo"? pretty sure ivo is involved in this season too. they are fleshing the fuck out this universe, and i am really excited for the rest of this season. this show started off kinda slowly, but i am so glad i stuck with it, because it is paying off big-time.

I wish people would have this attitude with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. instead of nitpicking it after EVERY ONE of the 5 episodes of it so far.

Krimzon7 10-27-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 4324298)
I wish people would have this attitude with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. instead of nitpicking it after EVERY ONE of the 5 episodes of it so far.

To be fair, Arrow has been doing an amazing job of world building aince ep 1

mitchables 10-27-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4324214)
Oh yeah, Count Vertigo. I think he was mainly a Green Arrow villain back in the day, before going on to being more associated with the Suicide Squad.

oh yeah, i totally forgot count vertigo was involved with the suicide squad. that gives the waller inclusion a little extra substance/potential.

McLegend 10-30-2013 09:31 PM

Great twist there Black Canary. Not who she ended up being of course, but more the stuff with her and Oliver. Didn't see that coming.

Krimzon7 10-31-2013 12:54 AM

Nerdgasms all over the place tonight. Brother Blood, LoA, and the shit with the Lance family...This is great television.

ClockShot 10-31-2013 07:51 AM

Awesome show.

But, I wish they stop with the product placement. I don't wanna buy the Bose portable speaker thank you very much.

Krimzon7 10-31-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClockShot (Post 4327612)
Awesome show.

But, I wish they stop with the product placement. I don't wanna buy the Bose portable speaker thank you very much.

Them paying the bills is a small price to pay for such an awesome show. Did you see the stupid 'texting can wait' scene from the season 1 finale? that was atrocious.

Krimzon7 11-06-2013 09:44 PM

I love how that ship is named . HOLY SHIT DR IVO

Lock Jaw 11-06-2013 10:06 PM

Pretty hot episode tonight

McLegend 11-07-2013 08:09 AM

It was good, but I didn't think it was up to par with the rest of the season.

McLegend 11-07-2013 08:18 AM

Discussion about Arrow possiblybeing in a Justice league movie. Good for this thread? Or DC thread?

Krimzon7 11-08-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLegend (Post 4331390)
It was good, but I didn't think it was up to par with the rest of the season.

How so? I thought the action was there...it seems like a great way to get Canary out of the way for a moment, while the whole Brother Blood angle ramps up. She also stole some of Momma Queen's screen time. Kinda anxious to figure out the shit she's been hiding.
Quote:

Originally Posted by McLegend (Post 4331392)
Discussion about Arrow possiblybeing in a Justice league movie. Good for this thread? Or DC thread?

Personally, I'm not a sticular. If Arrow Begets Flash, and the Flash ends up in the JL Movieverse, how can Arrow NOT be in the universe. Besides, I love the universe they're building in Arrow. For a TV show, it feels big.

DaveBrawl 11-08-2013 10:57 AM

I hope Arrow does end up in the JL movie, aside from the obvious big 2 this show has made him the most established character they have, but I'm get the feeling he won't be included as the character really isn't a big name in comparison to the rest of the normal assumed lineup of the Justice League.

I know rumors are always subject to change, and some are just downright foolish, but the last one I heard had there being 2 Flash's. One for Arrow, and one that was completely unrelated for the JL movie that would keep the universes separate.

McLegend 11-08-2013 03:14 PM

I don't want Arrow in that universe at all. I don't think it ever will be anyway.

He will be completely overshadowed. I just want him and the show to just keep growing it's own world.

Krimzon7 11-13-2013 11:26 PM

I'm such a mark for this show.

Krimzon7 11-13-2013 11:49 PM

Amanda Waller, Deadshot, Ivo, and H.I.V.E.??? amazing, Fucking AMAZING

McLegend 11-13-2013 11:54 PM

Does Summer Glau's character have any comic history?

I love the Island stuff.

The seeds were already planted but they are growing for a certain character... I really like that.

Also who do you think the Captain of the ship is? I feel like it's going to be some semi-known character and everyone is going to be like "Woah" when he is revealed. The person has to be pretty tough in order to lead that crew.

McLegend 11-14-2013 12:04 AM

I just read one of Isabel Rochev's wiki-articles.

I wonder how they will change her history for the show. I had a feeling that she banged Robert Queen along the way hence why she wants to help the company. Either way I'm interested in her though.

Lock Jaw 11-17-2013 12:51 AM

I wonder if Hourman is going to be spun-off from Arrow as well, with the mention of Miraclo.

McLegend 11-17-2013 03:43 PM

Do you think Oliver was injected with it?