TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   DC Universe Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=60221)

Kalyx triaD 07-08-2009 12:58 AM

GL's certainly on his way to the big screen.

Lock Jaw 07-08-2009 04:27 PM

I can't wait for the Green Lantern animated movie. But I will.

Kalyx triaD 07-09-2009 10:56 PM

Hope Routh Didn't Change His Address:

Quote:

In a decision announced Wednesday, U.S. Judge District Court Judge Stephen G. Larson found that the license fees the studio paid to corporate sibling DC Comics didn't represent "sweetheart" deals as they weren't below fair market value. That means the heirs will be able seek profits only from DC Comics -- which earned $13.6 million from Warner Bros. for the 2006 release of "Superman Returns" -- rather than from Warner Bros. as well.

The judge, who conducted a 10-day bench trial, also noted that Warner Bros. chairman Alan Horn had testified that he hopes to make another "Superman" movie but added that the property wasn't under development at the studio, that no script had been written and that the earliest another "Superman" pic could be released would be in 2012.

Toberoff also asserted in a written statement that the Siegel heirs and the heirs of co-creator Joe Shuster will own the entire Superman copyright in 2013.

"The Court pointedly ruled that if Warner Bros. does not start production on another Superman film by 2011, the Siegels will be able to sue to recover their damages," Toberoff added.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Get to work, WB! Three cheers for justice! Kinda fucked up this is what gets them on the ball but see if I give a shit.

Nowhere Man 07-10-2009 03:27 AM

I've always wondered what would happen if DC/WB fell too far behind and let the Siegel/Shuster heirs take back the rights. Would Superman suddenly just be written out of the DCU? Would Marvel capitalize and try to work out a deal?

Anywho, the Superman/Batman stills look beyond awesome. Glad to see Conroy and Daly got the voices again. If Clancy Brown isn't Lex Luthor, I'm going to be very upset.

Kalyx triaD 07-10-2009 03:41 AM

Superman in Marvel would be hilarious.

McLegend 07-10-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man (Post 2621144)
If Clancy Brown isn't Lex Luthor, I'm going to be very upset.

According to IMBD he's in.

Kalyx triaD 07-10-2009 05:20 PM

This movie will be perfect.

Fignuts 07-10-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 2621149)
Superman in Marvel would be hilarious.

Just give him to ed brubaker, and it will be amazing.

Kalyx triaD 07-10-2009 08:38 PM

How would they explain it? Dimensional wormhole? A new mutant? Keep the alien origin? New origin?

HeartBreakMan2k 07-10-2009 09:35 PM

Marvel will make him a skrull or something :p

Kalyx triaD 07-10-2009 09:41 PM

Most likely devote an entire 'event' to his coming.

Shadow 07-11-2009 12:55 AM

RYAN REYNOLDS IS THE GREEN LANTURN HAL JORDAN!

http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmem...n-lantern.html

Kalyx triaD 07-11-2009 01:01 AM

Bad casting, he had Flash written all over him.

LuigiD 07-11-2009 01:24 AM

I think Ryan Reynolds is a great actor but I don't see him as the Green Lantern. I hope that is an error.

Shadow 07-11-2009 01:45 AM

He's good for the young Jordon, but I'm hoping that if they do a sequal to it, they cast Nathen Fillion in the role. Why?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hTiRnqnvDs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hTiRnqnvDs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Fignuts 07-11-2009 02:18 AM

Wtf are they thinking?

Do they think guy gardner is the main protagoist of green lantern or something?

Fignuts 07-11-2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 2621859)
How would they explain it? Dimensional wormhole? A new mutant? Keep the alien origin? New origin?

As much as I dislike the character, he deserves it, and the writers at marvel could make it good.

Nowhere Man 07-11-2009 11:54 AM

Supes has shown up in the Marvel Universe before during the occasional cross-over event, at least one of which (JLA/Avengers) is still considered canon I think. So at least a few of the folks in Marvel might recognize him.

That'd actually be a pretty interesting storyline: Superman trying to come to grips with being stuck in not only a different world, but an entirely different multiverse, unable to get back home. I can't really imagine any non-cosmic Marvel villains who'd give him much of a fight, though.

HeartBreakMan2k 07-11-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man (Post 2622573)
Supes has shown up in the Marvel Universe before during the occasional cross-over event, at least one of which (JLA/Avengers) is still considered canon I think. So at least a few of the folks in Marvel might recognize him.

That'd actually be a pretty interesting storyline: Superman trying to come to grips with being stuck in not only a different world, but an entirely different multiverse, unable to get back home. I can't really imagine any non-cosmic Marvel villains who'd give him much of a fight, though.

They'd come up with a way to depower him a little. I know Stan has said one of the biggest things he doesn't like with Superman is how blatantly overpowered he is for a mainstay character.

LuigiD 07-11-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartBreakMan2k (Post 2622592)
They'd come up with a way to depower him a little. I know Stan has said one of the biggest things he doesn't like with Superman is how blatantly overpowered he is for a mainstay character.

I agree with Stan.
Plus, I am not mistaken, in Avengers/JLA I remember that powers did not work the same way in the universes. Like when Darkseid got his hands on the infinity gauntlet it did not work.

HeartBreakMan2k 07-11-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuigiD (Post 2622600)
I agree with Stan.
Plus, I am not mistaken, in Avengers/JLA I remember that powers did not work the same way in the universes. Like when Darkseid got his hands on the infinity gauntlet it did not work.

Oh I agree completely. There is no reason a main character should blatanly overpower everyone he faces. Thats why I hate Superman, there is no need to read his archs unless it's a big event because you know he's not going to have any problems.

Jeritron 07-11-2009 12:53 PM

Ryan Reynolds cast as Green Lantern.

That's awful

Lock Jaw 07-11-2009 06:05 PM

Marvel would make Superman a super-alcoholic.

Also, Ryan Reynolds as GL... I could see him as Kyle Rayner. Not my first choice for Hal Jordan though. At least the ball is rolling.

Nowhere Man 07-11-2009 06:17 PM

Honestly, Reynolds could work as Jordan, but only if they really play up his personality from before becoming a Lantern. In Emerald Dawn and in the new Secret Origins, Hal was kind of a fuck-up, getting into bar brawls, pissing off everyone who hired him, etc. Reynolds really could play that part pretty well.

Nowhere Man 07-11-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartBreakMan2k (Post 2622630)
Oh I agree completely. There is no reason a main character should blatanly overpower everyone he faces. Thats why I hate Superman, there is no need to read his archs unless it's a big event because you know he's not going to have any problems.

Thing is, he doesn't blatantly overpower everyone he faces. Most of Superman's villains (especially the ones whom Geoff Johns rebooted) are more than capable of taking him out. Between General Zod, Bizarro, and Brainiac all beating Superman to a bloody pulp at one point or another just in the last year or so--not to mention him and his entire species currently being banned from Earth--I'd say he's got plenty of problems going on. The argument of him being too powerful only really holds up if you're stacking him up against other heroes in the 'who would win a fight' sense.

Shadow 07-11-2009 09:17 PM

Why would Marvel need Superman to play with? They've already got a Superman.

Sentry.

HeartBreakMan2k 07-11-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 2623296)

Sentry.

Because Superman makes A LOT of money and Sentry doesn't?

Nowhere Man 07-11-2009 09:50 PM

That would be a pretty entertaining fight, though.

Dave Youell 07-12-2009 04:21 AM

After watching Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I'm willing to except him as a Lantern, as he's more wise cracking (well everyone is in that show)

Still though, he would of been a better Flash

The Destroyer 07-12-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 2623296)

Sentry.

Marvel have got various Superman "copies" - Gladiator, Sentry, Hyperion and probably others that escape me.

parkmania 07-13-2009 07:03 PM

Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan? No. Ryan Reynolds as Guy Gardner? Money!

Funky Fly 07-14-2009 05:10 AM

Sentry is better than Superman though, because he's just as destructive as he is helpful because of his Void side and general instability. His own wife told Iron Man to hurry up and find a way to kill him.

Kalyx triaD 07-24-2009 06:36 PM

During the Book of Eli panel at Comic-Con, Gary Oldman dropped a major piece of news. He said the next Batman movie starts filming next year, and is expected to be out in 2011.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldman
You didn't hear that from me.

Fignuts 07-25-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky Fly (Post 2627280)
Sentry is better than Superman though, because he's just as destructive as he is helpful because of his Void side and general instability. His own wife told Iron Man to hurry up and find a way to kill him.

Yeah, sentry is a far more interesting character, but superman is still more marketable, and would make marvel a shit ton of money if they got the character.

Kalyx triaD 07-27-2009 02:39 AM

Smallville ComiCon Highlights:
  • Metallo has the Kryptonite heart and looks sinister.
  • Clark and Lois get it on.
  • The Justice Society makes an appearance this year.
  • Clark dons a suit, but not the suit.
  • Supergirl doesn't come back.
  • Other Justice League members will.
  • General Zod is not yet general, he is merely Major Zod, and he has troops.

Jeritron 07-27-2009 11:46 AM

Can't wait to find out more about Batman 3, providing Gary Oldman wasn't yanking everyones chain.

Lock Jaw 07-27-2009 04:19 PM

Shame about Supergirl not coming back.

Justice Society? Has the potential to be awesome.

Kalyx triaD 07-28-2009 01:41 AM

Geoff's writing that episode just as he did "Legion".

Kalyx triaD 07-28-2009 11:12 PM

http://cache.io9.com/assets/images/g...b500b4aa_o.jpg

Lock Jaw 07-28-2009 11:14 PM

Never really read any Jonah Hex.