TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Now that most of the "obvious" stars have moved on from NXT, who are your favorite acts? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134085)

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 05:19 PM

I'm not a body/hoss guy either, but I've grown to appreciate how important that stuff can be, and that credibility is important, yah yah. He doesn't even look "atypical." He looks like every night club shift manager I've ever seen. You know who he actually reminds me of? David Arquette.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastardikai (Post 5031739)
I seriously don't get Black.

I mean, he has a cool look and all, but once the bell rings, he's just another Indy guy.

Did you see his match with Itami at the last Takeover?

XL 10-24-2017 05:48 PM

I did. I can’t tell you anything about it. I bet there were more kicks/strikes than wrestling moves though.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 05:51 PM

When he got the big entrance I thought "Oh, this guy is something." Then he did his usual indy stuff and I zoned out. Did he debut against Almas? I just remember the entrance with all the weird symbols, haha. And that he did a dive that I didn't think fit his "character." And that he sat cross-legged.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031882)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates that name. What does it even mean? Is there a disputed era?

I hate it too.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:02 PM

It doesn't even make a cool acronym. TEU? What the fuck is that?

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:15 PM

TEU KEWL

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5031918)
I did. I can’t tell you anything about it. I bet there were more kicks/strikes than wrestling moves though.

I found it highly entertaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031921)
When he got the big entrance I thought "Oh, this guy is something." Then he did his usual indy stuff and I zoned out. Did he debut against Almas? I just remember the entrance with all the weird symbols, haha. And that he did a dive that I didn't think fit his "character." And that he sat cross-legged.

He did. I think Almas actually looked better in that particular match.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:16 PM

Actually, Almas is kinda good as fuck.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031939)
Actually, Almas is kinda good as fuck.

I agree , think with some actual direction he has shown what he can do .

I too enjoyed that match between Black and Itami , I enjoy the Aleister Black character and his finishing move looks like it hurts like hell.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:30 PM

Almas got off to that shitty start, because I think Triple H might almost be as tone-deaf when it comes to presenting people from different cultures as Vince is. I haven't seen him too much recently, but when I did see him last, he was a damn good smug prick. It's just a shame they didn't get him there as a babyface. But now that he's got the personality down, he can probably transition on the main roster. Just stick him against Miz. People will cheer him against Miz.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:35 PM

I've not seen any of his stuff pre NXT , he obviously has the In ring talent . I'd keep him as a smug prick , he plays it well , his entrance allows him to be a smug prick .
And it's nice to have another Mexican wrestler that they don't want to be Rey Mysterio version 75.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:37 PM

Agreed on the Rey Mysterio part. I think Vince actually wants them all to come off as scared children.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:38 PM

How are The Iconic Duo doing in the ring lately?

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:40 PM

I'm not sure if Billie Kay is still injured but the focus seems be more on Peyton Royce. She's solid in the ring, nothing spectacular but they work well as a duo and would need to be sent up as a duo .
Could seem them being more popular for backstage segments .

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031954)
Agreed on the Rey Mysterio part. I think Vince actually wants them all to come off as scared children.

True , to be fair though every time I see Kalisto wrestler I just imagine it to be a kid in a mask.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:43 PM

Yeah, I've always envisioned them getting called up and doing backstage segments where they just look hot and welcome us back from commercial or whatever, haha. I'd like to see them against Becky and Charlotte.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031959)
True , to be fair though every time I see Kalisto wrestler I just imagine it to be a kid in a mask.

Sometimes I think Vince McMahon wants people to think that about Rey Mysterio and Kalisto types. They'll never come out and say that Rey or Kalisto is an actual child, but I think that is genuinely suspect that Vince might want them to give off that vibe.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:45 PM

Peyton seems to have improved quite a bit in the ring. A beautiful fisherman's suplex, at very least. I can't even remember the last time I saw Billie Kay wrestle, but I will say that her theme song is incredible.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031960)
Yeah, I've always envisioned them getting called up and doing backstage segments where they just look hot and welcome us back from commercial or whatever, haha. I'd like to see them against Becky and Charlotte.

Imagine them to be bought up as Kurt Angle's helpers or something. Wrestle the odd match or just start an Aussie faction with Emma.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:47 PM

Thanks, I'll have to check out that suplex.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031962)
Sometimes I think Vince McMahon wants people to think that about Rey Mysterio and Kalisto types. They'll never come out and say that Rey or Kalisto is an actual child, but I think that is genuinely suspect that Vince might want them to give off that vibe.

Merchandise for kids , wear the mask and you too could be a WWE superstar.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031967)
Imagine them to be bought up as Kurt Angle's helpers or something. Wrestle the odd match or just start an Aussie faction with Emma.

I can very easily see them in that role, haha.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031969)
Merchandise for kids , wear the mask and you too could be a WWE superstar.

That's it. I can see how he gets there, but ew.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:50 PM

I was sure that Kay and Royce would have crossed paths on the Australian scene, but I had no clue they went to the same high school.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:50 PM

Talking about Emma , I've been watching NXT from 2012 onwards when the concept changed and she's really come on loads . You can tell the hard work she must of put in and getting away from the bubbles and crazy dancing .

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031975)
I was sure that Kay and Royce would have crossed paths on the Australian scene, but I had no clue they went to the same high school.

Ye, that's why their chemistry is so on point , legit friends .

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:52 PM

This was a good one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y2v--WQlY-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:53 PM

Holy shit, Patrick Clark is so young.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031978)
This was a good one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y2v--WQlY-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She's very bendy. I like Peyton, don't get me wrong, but I've always thought she looks "snappable." She doesn't look very thick for even a female wrestler. Which is fine, because it suits her being a chickenshit heel and a crushable babyface.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:57 PM

They've called up his previous tag partner in Lio Rush too. The height difference between the two when their next to each other .

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031976)
Talking about Emma , I've been watching NXT from 2012 onwards when the concept changed and she's really come on loads . You can tell the hard work she must of put in and getting away from the bubbles and crazy dancing .

I fell for the original gimmick hook, line and sinker. I think her climb to the top was adorable. When it flopped on the main roster as comedy, I liked the change. Evil Emma has never "come together" for me though. I don't know whether it's just that she tries to act too tough, or that her attire hasn't changed much or what have you.

She's gotten herself super fit though. And her enhancements have certainly helped her grab some attention. I hope it all comes together for her.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:57 PM

I'd like to give Peyton a bend or two. :naughty:

Yeah, Patrick Clark is...what, like 22?

Royce is only 24.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031982)
They've called up his previous tag partner in Lio Rush too. The height difference between the two when their next to each other .

No clue they used to team. I've heard good things about Rush, but I've kind of gotten the impression that he is just a flippy guy. If he stays in NXT for a little while maybe he can swoop into the Cruiserweight Division and steal the show from them or something though.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031982)

They wrestled each other on NXT a couple weeks ago. Didn't know they used to tag.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:59 PM

Rush is fast as fuck. Crazy to watch.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:59 PM

He won the ROH Top Prospect tournament last year.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031983)
I fell for the original gimmick hook, line and sinker. I think her climb to the top was adorable. When it flopped on the main roster as comedy, I liked the change. Evil Emma has never "come together" for me though. I don't know whether it's just that she tries to act too tough, or that her attire hasn't changed much or what have you.

She's gotten herself super fit though. And her enhancements have certainly helped her grab some attention. I hope it all comes together for her.

I don't think she was helped with the whole Emmalins debacle and getting injuries at really bad times.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031988)
He won the ROH Top Prospect tournament last year.

I really need to broaden my horizons on what I watch , just hard to find the time .
From the small showcase they've shown of him so far he looks rapid.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 07:01 PM

I'm going to watch Lio Rush vs. Davey Richards. There's a free match on YouTube.