TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Now that most of the "obvious" stars have moved on from NXT, who are your favorite acts? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134085)

Anybody Thrilla 10-23-2017 12:44 PM

Now that most of the "obvious" stars have moved on from NXT, who are your favorite acts?

Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Asuka...just to name a few, are all of an ilk of NXT talents that seemed destined for main roster greatness from the moment they joined NXT. Now that most of those main level talent have moved on to the main roster, who are some of your favorite acts in NXT right now? Who do you think will be going up to the main roster next? Who do you think will flourish the most one day? Let's just talk NXT for a bit.

* I think Johnny Gargano could be one of the best faces ever.

* Lars Sullivan definitely has something going on that I can get behind. I still think an eventual team with him and Oney Lorcan could be amazing.

* Billie Kay and Peyton Royce could be good heels on the main roster. I think Nikki Cross has a good chance of standing out too.

* Alestair Black is ready right now.

* The Velveteen Dream is coming along nicely, but he still has a few kinks to straighten out before he becomes a star. He's kinda OVER doing it a bit, but I think he'll level out and become surprisingly solid.

Your thoughts?

Anybody Thrilla 10-23-2017 02:00 PM

Andrade "Cien" Almas is pretty amazing too.

Fignuts 10-23-2017 02:06 PM

Raul Mendoza is criminally underused.

KIRA 10-23-2017 02:10 PM

I really think heel Itami would be great set him on a path of just kicking the shit outta people and generally being a cocky dick

Both Gargano and Black have top face written all over them

Ember Moon was Asukas number 2 now she can be the woman to beat especially since storywise Asuka really had to struggle (and kinda cheat) to beat.

No way Jose.....I gotta think on that one

Evil Vito 10-23-2017 02:16 PM

I really like Ruby Riot. There was a time where I'd figure someone like her would have no chance on account of her not looking like WWE's "type" in terms of "conventional attractiveness" or whatever but now that WWE are moving past that being a prerequisite for its women's wrestlers I'm more optimistic. She's a lot of fun and should do well for herself.

Nikki Cross is pretty great too. I'd hold off on moving her up until all of Sanity are ready to make the jump because they work well as a group, but the women's division is always better off with a legit crazy person in it.

I can't say I blame Drew McIntyre for checking out during his last run with the company given how terribly he was used, but he looks genuinely motivated now. Always been a fan of his so I'm looking forward to see how he fares.

No Way Jose is just a straight up fun character who should get consistently nice reactions on whatever show he turns up on.

And yes, Johnny Gargano fucking rules. I could easily see him getting a call-up early next year and facing Enzo or whoever the Cruiserweight champ is at Mania. The Cruiserweight division is NOT the direction I want to see Johnny go in, mind....but I suspect it's what may happen. And then I guess Ciampa would rehab and come up so they can finally feud. Would rather see all of that happen in NXT.

Simple Fan 10-23-2017 02:17 PM

Don't think I've ever watched a full episode of NXT I usually just skip around to who and what I want to see. Mass exodus has happened in NXT as far as stars go and the replacements aren't as big which has been the trend after callups anyway. Been watching the Undisputed Era and that about the only thing I care about on the show. Velveteen Dream is pretty entertaining and him and Black's charaters clash well together.

Destor 10-23-2017 02:56 PM

KENTA

Emperor Smeat 10-23-2017 04:12 PM

Johnny Gargano
Aleister Black
Velveteen Dream
Peyton Royce

Once they get more tv time, Street Profits and Kairi Sane joining the list as well.

Anybody Thrilla 10-23-2017 04:28 PM

The Street Profits are fun, but the coonery is a bit much to really get behind.

Anybody Thrilla 10-23-2017 04:29 PM

I really want Dawkins to succeed, as I'm a fellow Cincinnati guy, and Montez Ford seems pretty good, but it's almost like Cryme Tyme 2.0. Like that's all black guys can be.

Mr. Nerfect 10-23-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031325)
I really want Dawkins to succeed, as I'm a fellow Cincinnati guy, and Montez Ford seems pretty good, but it's almost like Cryme Tyme 2.0. Like that's all black guys can be.

While I 100% agree with you, at least they've got a chance of succeeding because Vince will "get it."

Anybody Thrilla 10-23-2017 04:42 PM

Yeah, I suppose.

Mr. Nerfect 10-23-2017 04:45 PM

I'm not even trying to be overly cynical when I say that I worry about pretty much everyone in NXT getting called up. It's not a smooth transition. When it comes to the women, I want to say Nikki Cross, because she's got something interesting going on, but are Vince and Kevin Dunn going to see her and think "ugly?" Kairi Sane is going to suffer from the same thing as Asuka -- she'll be just another girl wrestling just other girls.

I think Peyton Royce and Billie Kay have got the best chances of succeeding out of the women because Vince and Dunn will want to fuck them and they're not about being booked well. They're colorful and auxiliary to whatever the main thing is.

I've always thought that No Way Jose would have a very good chance at succeeding. He's got good size, it's a pretty straightforward act and he can "get serious" when they need him to step up. Could see him in the exact same position they wanted for Mojo Rawley.

Lars Sullivan will get very over just killing bitches on SmackDown. They could probably start doing that next week.

I love Johnny Gargano, but you just know Vince will want to book him like a geek. Unless Johnny is that magical that even Vince goes "Holy shit! That's a fucking babyface!" But I am iffy on his chances, sadly.

Mr. Nerfect 10-23-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031328)
Yeah, I suppose.

It's miserable, please don't get me wrong. It absolutely sucks the company does that shit.

KIRA 10-23-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031327)
While I 100% agree with you, at least they've got a chance of succeeding because Vince will "get it."

UGH:nono:(Thats directed at Vince not you)

Emperor Smeat 10-23-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031323)
The Street Profits are fun, but the coonery is a bit much to really get behind.

Quote:

Understand the complaints since it really is WWE's default stereotype for face black teams and guys.

Feel with more time and development, Street Profits might find their own groove or identity similar to The Usos after they turned heel.

A.J.K 10-23-2017 05:48 PM

Ruby Riot
Nikki Cross
Eric Young
Drew McIntyre
Ember Moon

Anybody Thrilla 10-23-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5031347)
Understand the complaints since it really is WWE's default stereotype for face black teams and guys.

Feel with more time and development, Street Profits might find their own groove or identity similar to The Usos after they turned heel.

Let's hope so. There's definitely some talent there.

Lock Jaw 10-23-2017 10:16 PM

Haven't watched NXT in a long while now (by which I mean sometime before the last Takeover)...... just too much TV to watch........

DAMN iNATOR 10-23-2017 10:46 PM

My thoughts

Love NXT's resident Knockout Artist.

Vastardikai 10-24-2017 12:12 AM

I seriously don't get Black.

I mean, he has a cool look and all, but once the bell rings, he's just another Indy guy.

Tom Guycott 10-24-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Don't forget requisite rap themes. Just about every black guy needs rap in their themes. :roll:

As for Street Profits, I'm in the unenviable position of feeling the same cringing everytime I see them as I usually do whenever I see Konnan promo, yet happy that at least they're getting over pretty big. LIke, potentially marketable. Sell some fake ass Terrible Towels and Curse of Greatness headbands along with requisite shirts and they're golden. It's weird. Like, deep down, I kinda wish there was some white there. And not in the "fish out of water" negroes with a country boy way. Seems like Mojo would fit with this whole gimmick, and the "coonery" as you put it wouldn't sting nearly as much.

Jordan 10-24-2017 01:00 AM

Well I am really excited to see The Authors of Pain on the main roster, hopefully in time for Survivor Series.

As far are current NXT... well Drew Mac is the man, he should be a title contender as soon as he jumps to the main roster. No, Raw, he should get a big big push.

I am not sure that the psycho stable Eric Young has is meant for the main roster or to stay in NXT but I kinda think it deserves a shot if they can come up with a good story for them.

Tom Guycott 10-24-2017 01:10 AM

On the overall, NXT does a decent job on establishing new points of focus when the "old guard" gets called up. From Bo and Neville to the current crop. The bigger problem isn't building anyone else as people to watch, it's if the names they establish will make any sort of impact on the main roster, or if they'll be irrepairably damaged by shit booking, weak-ass storylines, or complete lack of use.

For example, Authors of Pain could go on being the "dominant monsters" like in NXT... or they can be the exact same "dominant monsters" that The Ascention are now: Fashion Files comedy fodder because the show can't be assed to do anything with them outside of occasional Main Event wastes of time. Golden boy Gargano can end up as a long-reigning NXT champ, but then turn around and get called up in the "this is all you are" purple division and barely seen or heard from in any relevant fashion again.

But there is enough talent down there to keep things interesting, if any thought is given. They built Alistair Black into a force of destruction.Drew, Roddy, Eric Young's Brigade of Crazy, Hero Ohno, that Ring of Honor trio, the Lars/Oney/Burch "love" triangle, Almas has even become tolerable trading his early Tommy Dreamer forced babyface suspenders in for his dickishness and fine-ass mouthpiece...

and that's not even touching the ladies: Nikki Cross, Daria Berenato (or whatever her fucking name is now after her trip into the WWE RNG), Athena, the Iconic lovers, Ruby Riot, and all the pickings from the tourney assure that well has been replenshed also.

TL;DR - They're not hurting for potential star power down there.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-24-2017 01:18 AM

Turning NXT to Indy hangout was the best case scenario to keep the brand fresh. There will always be young talent looking for the exposure and the chance to make it to the WWE. Only Joey Ryan and the Bucks can be "Independent" and make decent cash.

DAMN iNATOR 10-24-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragile X (Post 5031752)
Well I am really excited to see The Authors of Pain on the main roster, hopefully in time for Survivor Series.

As far are current NXT... well Drew Mac is the man, he should be a title contender as soon as he jumps to the main roster. No, Raw, he should get a big big push.

I am not sure that the psycho stable Eric Young has is meant for the main roster or to stay in NXT but I kinda think it deserves a shot if they can come up with a good story for them.

I love me some SAnitY. Ought to be put on SDL and build them up huge as tag title contenders against whoever the champs are, face or heel, as they seem like the kind of group that doesn't and more importantly, SHOULDN'T give a fuck about that.

DAMN iNATOR 10-24-2017 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 5031755)
Turning NXT to Indy hangout was the best case scenario to keep the brand fresh. There will always be young talent looking for the exposure and the chance to make it to the WWE. Only Joey Ryan and the Bucks can be "Independent" and make decent cash.

You had me until that last sentence. Granted I don't follow the indy circuits, and as such, don't know a lot of those big names but I'd assume there's others out there doing just fine without WWE's help other than them.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-24-2017 02:14 AM

I think they also have to do more bookings to match the same level of money.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 04:58 AM

When I see Lars Sullivan I just see Gene Snitsky the baby killer.

At this moment in time I'm wary about anyone coming up to the main roster, it's too crowded at the moment and there needs to be some cuts or else anyone who gets called up will just struggle with a lack of direction off creative .

But if the cuts were to happen I think the ones who will do well would be the ones with less expectation i.e. No Way Jose or The Iconic Duo. I say this cos The Drifter is doing a lot better than I thought he would after his call up.

Outsider 10-24-2017 09:47 AM

Hasn't been mentioned so far but Pete Dunne could be a big success, at least for his size. He's hampered at the moment by WWE figuring out what they want to do with the UK division but I think he could be a big success further down the line.

Has something a bit more unique in terms of the Cruiserweights. I could see him playing a something akin to a monster heel role in the Crusierweight division one day.

Jordan 10-24-2017 11:50 AM

WWE hasn't really cut any stars in a long time. Kind of odd huh?

Triple A 10-24-2017 12:38 PM

Velveteen Dream is great

Jordan 10-24-2017 01:59 PM

Sometimes when I was NXT I just turn it off... Some of the characters/workers are just bad. I was watching the episode with Drew vs Strong and I couldn't make it 10 minutes. They aired some shit interview with a female who had a really strong Bronx accent and I was just so turned off by how bad she was I couldn't continue. That was set up by a recap of Strong vs Drew and my god Roderick strong has no business near a WWE mic.

Evil Vito 10-24-2017 03:36 PM

Strong is a really good wrestler, but yeah his promo work is atrociously boring and I can't really see that ever approving at this juncture.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 04:10 PM

I watched Roderick Strong vs. Cien Almas at whatever Takeover that was. God, I'm so over everybody working that style. Strong was trying so hard to be an indy style babyface that I just hated his guts by the time it was over. I actually always wanted to like Strong from the moment I saw him get in Kurt Angle's face that SmackDown. From that experience I think he comes off like a geek.

I heard they did good videos to hype him, and I'm sure he'll be excellent in this War Games match. When left to his own devices though, I just find him, overall, incredibly boring. I think there's a place for him in a tag team, faction or as the opponent. Giving him the Cruiserweight Title to transition it onto Hideo Itami would be fine with me. But the idea of him getting a Ricky Steamboat-style push or anything makes me a bit sick, haha.

I've heard he's much better as a heel anyway.

XL 10-24-2017 04:38 PM

He should be courted by The Undisputed Era (ugh, terrible name) and eventually oust Adam Cole (not a fan) as the leader.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 04:41 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates that name. What does it even mean? Is there a disputed era?

XL 10-24-2017 04:48 PM

Part of it is just the use of the word “era”; it’s too overused. Everything has to be an era since the Attitude Era.

It’d be more palatable if it were just “Undisputed” but even then it wouldn’t really mean anything for the 3 guys in the group.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 04:59 PM

I've got very little interest in the group from the get-go, because I really don't like Kyle O'Reilly. I'll admit to not having seen much Adam Cole, but when people rave about him it kind of reminds me of Ann Veal in Arrested Development. "Him?"

XL 10-24-2017 05:08 PM

Haha. I’m right there with you.

I’d heard a lot but seen nothing of Cole but since he’s arrived I don’t see the appeal. I’m by no means a body or hoss guy but he’s so skinny - not even in a defined/cut way like a Finn Balor, he just looks like a guy off the street.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 05:19 PM

I'm not a body/hoss guy either, but I've grown to appreciate how important that stuff can be, and that credibility is important, yah yah. He doesn't even look "atypical." He looks like every night club shift manager I've ever seen. You know who he actually reminds me of? David Arquette.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastardikai (Post 5031739)
I seriously don't get Black.

I mean, he has a cool look and all, but once the bell rings, he's just another Indy guy.

Did you see his match with Itami at the last Takeover?

XL 10-24-2017 05:48 PM

I did. I can’t tell you anything about it. I bet there were more kicks/strikes than wrestling moves though.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 05:51 PM

When he got the big entrance I thought "Oh, this guy is something." Then he did his usual indy stuff and I zoned out. Did he debut against Almas? I just remember the entrance with all the weird symbols, haha. And that he did a dive that I didn't think fit his "character." And that he sat cross-legged.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031882)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates that name. What does it even mean? Is there a disputed era?

I hate it too.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:02 PM

It doesn't even make a cool acronym. TEU? What the fuck is that?

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:15 PM

TEU KEWL

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5031918)
I did. I can’t tell you anything about it. I bet there were more kicks/strikes than wrestling moves though.

I found it highly entertaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031921)
When he got the big entrance I thought "Oh, this guy is something." Then he did his usual indy stuff and I zoned out. Did he debut against Almas? I just remember the entrance with all the weird symbols, haha. And that he did a dive that I didn't think fit his "character." And that he sat cross-legged.

He did. I think Almas actually looked better in that particular match.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:16 PM

Actually, Almas is kinda good as fuck.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031939)

I agree , think with some actual direction he has shown what he can do .

I too enjoyed that match between Black and Itami , I enjoy the Aleister Black character and his finishing move looks like it hurts like hell.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:30 PM

Almas got off to that shitty start, because I think Triple H might almost be as tone-deaf when it comes to presenting people from different cultures as Vince is. I haven't seen him too much recently, but when I did see him last, he was a damn good smug prick. It's just a shame they didn't get him there as a babyface. But now that he's got the personality down, he can probably transition on the main roster. Just stick him against Miz. People will cheer him against Miz.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:35 PM

I've not seen any of his stuff pre NXT , he obviously has the In ring talent . I'd keep him as a smug prick , he plays it well , his entrance allows him to be a smug prick .
And it's nice to have another Mexican wrestler that they don't want to be Rey Mysterio version 75.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:37 PM

Agreed on the Rey Mysterio part. I think Vince actually wants them all to come off as scared children.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:38 PM

How are The Iconic Duo doing in the ring lately?

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:40 PM

I'm not sure if Billie Kay is still injured but the focus seems be more on Peyton Royce. She's solid in the ring, nothing spectacular but they work well as a duo and would need to be sent up as a duo .
Could seem them being more popular for backstage segments .

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031954)
Agreed on the Rey Mysterio part. I think Vince actually wants them all to come off as scared children.

True , to be fair though every time I see Kalisto wrestler I just imagine it to be a kid in a mask.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:43 PM

Yeah, I've always envisioned them getting called up and doing backstage segments where they just look hot and welcome us back from commercial or whatever, haha. I'd like to see them against Becky and Charlotte.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031959)
True , to be fair though every time I see Kalisto wrestler I just imagine it to be a kid in a mask.

Sometimes I think Vince McMahon wants people to think that about Rey Mysterio and Kalisto types. They'll never come out and say that Rey or Kalisto is an actual child, but I think that is genuinely suspect that Vince might want them to give off that vibe.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:45 PM

Peyton seems to have improved quite a bit in the ring. A beautiful fisherman's suplex, at very least. I can't even remember the last time I saw Billie Kay wrestle, but I will say that her theme song is incredible.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031960)
Yeah, I've always envisioned them getting called up and doing backstage segments where they just look hot and welcome us back from commercial or whatever, haha. I'd like to see them against Becky and Charlotte.

Imagine them to be bought up as Kurt Angle's helpers or something. Wrestle the odd match or just start an Aussie faction with Emma.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:47 PM

Thanks, I'll have to check out that suplex.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031962)
Sometimes I think Vince McMahon wants people to think that about Rey Mysterio and Kalisto types. They'll never come out and say that Rey or Kalisto is an actual child, but I think that is genuinely suspect that Vince might want them to give off that vibe.

Merchandise for kids , wear the mask and you too could be a WWE superstar.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031967)
Imagine them to be bought up as Kurt Angle's helpers or something. Wrestle the odd match or just start an Aussie faction with Emma.

I can very easily see them in that role, haha.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031969)
Merchandise for kids , wear the mask and you too could be a WWE superstar.

That's it. I can see how he gets there, but ew.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:50 PM

I was sure that Kay and Royce would have crossed paths on the Australian scene, but I had no clue they went to the same high school.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:50 PM

Talking about Emma , I've been watching NXT from 2012 onwards when the concept changed and she's really come on loads . You can tell the hard work she must of put in and getting away from the bubbles and crazy dancing .

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031975)
I was sure that Kay and Royce would have crossed paths on the Australian scene, but I had no clue they went to the same high school.

Ye, that's why their chemistry is so on point , legit friends .

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:52 PM

This was a good one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y2v--WQlY-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:53 PM

Holy shit, Patrick Clark is so young.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031978)
This was a good one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y2v--WQlY-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She's very bendy. I like Peyton, don't get me wrong, but I've always thought she looks "snappable." She doesn't look very thick for even a female wrestler. Which is fine, because it suits her being a chickenshit heel and a crushable babyface.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:57 PM

They've called up his previous tag partner in Lio Rush too. The height difference between the two when their next to each other .

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031976)
Talking about Emma , I've been watching NXT from 2012 onwards when the concept changed and she's really come on loads . You can tell the hard work she must of put in and getting away from the bubbles and crazy dancing .

I fell for the original gimmick hook, line and sinker. I think her climb to the top was adorable. When it flopped on the main roster as comedy, I liked the change. Evil Emma has never "come together" for me though. I don't know whether it's just that she tries to act too tough, or that her attire hasn't changed much or what have you.

She's gotten herself super fit though. And her enhancements have certainly helped her grab some attention. I hope it all comes together for her.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:57 PM

I'd like to give Peyton a bend or two. :naughty:

Yeah, Patrick Clark is...what, like 22?

Royce is only 24.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031982)
They've called up his previous tag partner in Lio Rush too. The height difference between the two when their next to each other .

No clue they used to team. I've heard good things about Rush, but I've kind of gotten the impression that he is just a flippy guy. If he stays in NXT for a little while maybe he can swoop into the Cruiserweight Division and steal the show from them or something though.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031982)

They wrestled each other on NXT a couple weeks ago. Didn't know they used to tag.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:59 PM

Rush is fast as fuck. Crazy to watch.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 06:59 PM

He won the ROH Top Prospect tournament last year.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031983)
I fell for the original gimmick hook, line and sinker. I think her climb to the top was adorable. When it flopped on the main roster as comedy, I liked the change. Evil Emma has never "come together" for me though. I don't know whether it's just that she tries to act too tough, or that her attire hasn't changed much or what have you.

She's gotten herself super fit though. And her enhancements have certainly helped her grab some attention. I hope it all comes together for her.

I don't think she was helped with the whole Emmalins debacle and getting injuries at really bad times.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031988)
He won the ROH Top Prospect tournament last year.

I really need to broaden my horizons on what I watch , just hard to find the time .
From the small showcase they've shown of him so far he looks rapid.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 07:01 PM

I'm going to watch Lio Rush vs. Davey Richards. There's a free match on YouTube.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 07:03 PM

Lio Rush does a Finn Balor thing. I was going to say that the guy's got good presence, but then Davey Richards started shoving him and he did this school kid being bullied thing. It's a bit gross, but Vince would love it.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 07:03 PM

Davey Richards looks like Matt Striker and Channing Tatum had a baby.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 07:05 PM

Davey Richards is a really good professional wrestler.

Mr. Nerfect 10-24-2017 07:09 PM

I've got to head to work, but from what I've seen he's pretty good. It's not really my style anymore, but he tries to make it look like he's fighting the guy and it's his best strategy to taking him on. He's in shape, he's just a small guy. And he's so fast that it does actually stand out from other fast guys. There's definitely a place for him somewhere as a bit of variety.

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 07:09 PM

I had to turn it off , the quick editing and the different camera angles were really off putting
Plus the streamers for some reason were really annoying me .

Danny Electric 10-24-2017 07:10 PM

Guessing he wouldn't be allowed to do an entrance like that in WWE

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 07:34 PM

I've never seen Rush do any type of Finn Balor thing. His entrance on NXT was pretty normal. Again, cool theme song at least. I can see him eventually becoming the inaugural champion on 105 Live.

Vastardikai 10-24-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5031921)

That's kind of what I mean. With his look, I feel like he should be a brawler that intimidates people. Instead, he's a Goth Ninja without the cool factor of either Goths or Ninjas.

I will say that the WWE name generator did him a favor, because Aleister Black is a more memorable name than Tommy End.

RP 10-24-2017 09:00 PM

GUYS DONT FORGET HASHTAG

owenbrown's mom is
UNDER

SIEGE

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 10:21 PM

Aleister Black will fuck you up, Vastardikai. I'll see to it personally. I was once invited to stay in the same house as him one night, but I didn't go.

Bad News Gertner 10-24-2017 10:51 PM

Ryback

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 10:54 PM

Yup, yup, yup. What it do.

Tom Guycott 10-24-2017 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5031939)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031943)
I agree , think with some actual direction he has shown what he can do .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 5031952)
I've not seen any of his stuff pre NXT , he obviously has the In ring talent . I'd keep him as a smug prick , he plays it well , his entrance allows him to be a smug prick .
And it's nice to have another Mexican wrestler that they don't want to be Rey Mysterio version 75.

That was the problem I found with him: he was just a bland, force-fed babyface. There was nothing to him except being Hispanic, and the company seemed dead set on marketing that fucking hat. That Tommy Dreamer remark I made about the suspenders felt apt, because that's kinda what happened in ECW - he was a shitty babyface that nobody accepted initially because he was completely generic and a 180 from the "heart and soul of ECW" he's remembered as to this day.

It's also neat that he hasn't been relegated to yet another masked wrestler or stereotypical "Yo, esse!" street thug. The role of his manager is actually semi-refreshing as well: she isn't *just* an arm charm, she is also a proficient mouthpiece (he isn't bad, but not really great either), a traditional distractionary measure, and most importantly, actively keeps Almas focused by calling bullshit on his showboating since he acts too smug for his own good - in essence she is a part of his character. Hopefully, they stay a pair and the company doesn't get happy with a breakup and/or trying to make her the hot new starlet at his expense.

Tom Guycott 10-24-2017 11:01 PM

Not really a fan of Lio Rush. I don't know what it is. Wasn't into him at all in ROH. Wasn't into anything I saw outiside of it. He just seems kinda... Young Buck-y.

Purgatory 10-24-2017 11:10 PM

My current favs are:

Nikki Cross
SaniTy on a whole
Billy Kay and Peyton Royce
Aleister Black
Velveteen Dream
AOP

Heavy Machinery - I Like how they work as a team, but I really think they need a different gimmick. I just cant seem to get behind them.

TM-61 - Maybe it's the name of the team being weird to me, or I just don't know enough about either member. In ring, they're pretty good.

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 11:32 PM

I forgot about TM-61 and their dumb name. Where have they been?

Lock Jaw 10-24-2017 11:40 PM

Think one of them got very injured and they've been out ever since.....

I remember thinking they were just so generic and I couldn't really get into them........

Anybody Thrilla 10-24-2017 11:43 PM

Yeah, they didn't exactly suck or anything, but I could barely tell them apart, and I still don't even know their names.

DAMN iNATOR 10-25-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5032348)
Yup, yup, yup. What it do.

Man...So depressing to look back on the season 1 guys and remember that only a few had even a glimpse of success, and only DB really broke out.

Really is a shame things didn't work out with Barrett...for a while it looked like he was being groomed to be the first English WWE Champion...and then he got stuck on SD as the leader of awfully named faction The Corre.

Mr. Nerfect 10-25-2017 12:06 AM

I like TM61 on the basis that they're two guys who went to Japan to try and make it as a proper tag team. One is more of a pretty boy and another is more rough around the edges too. I can't remember their WWE names, but one is Mikey Nichols and kept his initials, and other was Shane Haste, but I think he changed the Haste to a Thorn or something.

I wasn't super-impressed by them in NXT, but I'm hoping that good things do come from them. They should repackage them when they return. Why not just call them TMDK and give them an Aussie rock sounding song when they get back.