TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Destiny 2 (PC and other things) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133399)

ClockShot 12-14-2017 07:37 AM

Finished Curse of Osiris.

Man, what the hell happened there? Reviewers weren't lying when they said this was the worse add-on next to House of Wolves.

And I liked House of Wolves, even if all it did was add a new social space and the Prison.

Fignuts 12-15-2017 05:32 AM

Yeah, wouldn't recommend it.

Fucking strikes are just the campaign mission with different audio clips dubbed in. Same boss and everything. Lazy as fuck.

ClockShot 12-18-2017 07:40 PM

Holiday event starts tomorrow.

I'll jump back in and see if they improved upon it unlike years past.

Fignuts 12-20-2017 08:04 PM

Wait, vcan you only get dawning engrams by fucking buying them? Leveled up but it only gave me a regular bright engram.

Fignuts 12-20-2017 08:09 PM

Also, saw this post about grimoire cards and really identified with it

Quote:

It helps that the grimoire was a written account of lore. It gave background to the things we did and the places we explored, as well as allowed them to tell side stories.
Like if D1 didn't have a grimoire, we wouldn't know anything about Dredgen Yor or the fate of Eris' fireteam, or the ahamkara, or the Nine, or the happenings in the Vault of Glass.

Like reading about Eris' fireteam and what they encountered gave context to what we encountered in the Crota's End raid. Reading about Rasputin or the Ishtar Collective scientists or the Fallen in general gave us insight and context for the game's story missions. Everything had another layer beneath it.

Like finding a dead Titan on the Moon way back during the beta, and your Ghost wonders who it is. Then six months later, reading in the grimoire that the titan Vell Tarlowe was killed in that exact spot back when Eris was on the moon.
Or finding a glowing shield in the Vault of glass that protects you, then reading Kabr's accounts of how the Vex, and how he broke apart a shell of a Gorgon and made a shield with his light.

There was just cool s***. Now there is no more cool s***. There are not more "Ah-ha!" moments where the lore clicks with the game and makes it seem like they thought things out way in advance.

Now its just like there's an old piece of s*** on the ground that you can scan, and then your Ghost goes "Huh, a dead shank. Hey, remember Oryx and how cool the game used to be? We haven't made any new lore since then."
Or you hold L2 on an item and get:

Cayde: "Dude, broski. I like... went fast on a sparrow."
Ikora: "Brah! Gnarly!"
Zavala: "Bro indeed. Let the records show that going fast on a sparrow is gnarly."

mrwalty 12-21-2017 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5061612)
Also, saw this post about grimoire cards and really identified with it

Wow totally can relate to that too.

I was so hyped for D2 as eventually D1 was a pretty decent game. However I stopped playing it 5 weeks ago and have only gone back the once to play laser tag. That shit was crazy dope.

Still hopeful they can sort out all the issues in this game but for the time being I will stick to Fortnite or even GTA

ClockShot 12-21-2017 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5061608)
Wait, vcan you only get dawning engrams by fucking buying them? Leveled up but it only gave me a regular bright engram.

No. Dawning engrams through mayhem crucible and strikes, so far.

But yes, too, you can buy dawning engrams with silver.

Kalyx triaD 01-11-2018 11:00 PM

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46567

Fignuts 01-11-2018 11:09 PM

So basically fixes and improvements that should have been there from the start.

Kalyx triaD 01-12-2018 12:41 AM

Gotta start somewhere.

Fignuts 01-12-2018 01:12 AM

Least they're getting rid of that time limit bullshit on nightfalls. Not that I know enough people that still play this to do a nightfall but whatever.

ClockShot 01-12-2018 03:38 PM

Well that's nice. Makes all those trying to get the Rat King have an easier time.

ClockShot 01-17-2018 07:41 AM

Hotfix went into effect yesterday and Faction Rallies are back.

I can finally re-join Dead Orbit.

Fignuts 01-17-2018 08:03 AM

I remember seeing the ornaments for New Monarch armor and thinking they were really cool.

But to get them I'd have to play Destiny 2.

Kalyx triaD 01-17-2018 08:11 PM

They pretty admitted that it'll be a year before the game gets back on it's feet.

Fignuts 05-31-2018 06:20 PM

New faction rally stuff seems cool. I like the risk/reward system of renown.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46917

New Monarchy gear looks incredible as usual, so they will probably win again. Hope last seasons armor and ornaments are also available as I missed out on a lot of it. Wish Future War Cult stuff was as cool as it was in destiny 1

Fignuts 06-01-2018 02:39 AM

nevermind, they bungled it yet again.

Previously you could join a different faction for each character on your account. Now you can only join one faction across all characters. That would be shitty by itself, but on top of that, there are exotic weapon catalysts exclusive to each faction.

They're doing this to make choosing a faction a "meaningful choice". However most people believe that's bullshit and they're only doing it so people will keep playing through til the September update so they can get all the faction stuff.

Personally, I'm not bothered that much by it, but I understand why others are up in arms about it, and I definitely think it was a bad decision on bungie's part. The best way to keep people playing your game is to add meaningful content that they enjoy participating in. Not by forcing them to grind by removing player freedom and choices.

I was excited about the upcoming Armor Sets and the possibilities involved, but now I'm not sure I have faith in bungie to deliver on it after this.

Anyway, I thought New Monarchy would win again, but since Dead Orbit has the Graviton Lance catalyst, it's definitely going to them.

Kalyx triaD 06-01-2018 12:08 PM

Faction Rally is dumb.

alvarado52 06-01-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 5129348)
This whole game is dumb.

fixed.

Fignuts 06-01-2018 03:23 PM

It could be such a good game. So nerve racking.

Kalyx triaD 06-01-2018 05:11 PM

It's gotten better. We're playing a lot more. But there's a lot of head pounding things that still makes no sense.

alvarado52 06-01-2018 07:07 PM

Saw you guys on...its just hard for me to convince myself to get back into the grind, yknow? Especially when they seem really intent on recycling content.

Fignuts 06-01-2018 08:50 PM

Between me, you, and kalyx's crew we might have enough to do the raid.

Kalyx triaD 06-02-2018 05:06 AM

Yeah we been wanting to tackle the vanilla raid at least.

Fignuts 06-02-2018 05:25 AM

We can at least get that Nightfall done.

But yeah, between Vanilla, Prestige, and the 2 Lairs, you can get around 10 or 11 pieces of powerful gear per week. That's how some people got to 380 within the first couple weeks of Warmind.

Kalyx triaD 06-02-2018 09:22 AM

I'm not nearly as concerned with max light as I am getting my perks and attributes lined up the way I want.

Fignuts 06-02-2018 04:06 PM

I am.

Gotta get to max light so we can beat escalation protocol and get that sick armor set.

My Final Heaven 06-03-2018 09:11 AM

Just bought the Limited Edition with the pass for the 2 expansions, betting on 99% of the hate going on being over unnoticeable, negligible BS. I played the shit out of D1, the game I bought a PS4 for & was a super satisfying gaming experience. caaaaan't waaaaaaiiiiiiiiit

Shadow 06-03-2018 03:14 PM

Its not a bad game mind it's just there's a lot of stuff they mishandled.

Kalyx triaD 06-03-2018 03:48 PM

No, a lot of the complaints are extremely valid. There's a reason Bungie is busting their ass basically rebooting the game over time.

alvarado52 06-03-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 5129790)
No, a lot of the complaints are extremely valid. There's a reason Bungie is busting their ass basically rebooting the game over time.

What bothers me is that its almost an exact repeat of D1 in terms of "learning from mistakes". Wasnt that one of the points of moving from D1 to D2?

Kalyx triaD 06-03-2018 04:32 PM

Destiny 1 Year 3 not being basis for vanilla D2 can only be explained (imo) by the all good things added in D1 being from the live team (or B Team) while the main team took their tone deaf ideas into D2 - which had to be rebooted mid-production just like D1.

It's likely the live team and Vicarious Visions will have to save the game somemore. VV had creative and mechanical input in the Warmind dlc. But the main team is likely covering the big Sept dlc. I have little hope they learned anything.

ClockShot 06-03-2018 05:13 PM

So, is Warmind worth jumping back into?

Or should I just spend this free time catching up on my backlog?

Kalyx triaD 06-03-2018 05:57 PM

I would advise waiting until the Sept expansion. Warmind has some cute lil tricks to inflate the grind you may or may not be cool with.

ClockShot 06-03-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 5129808)
I would advise waiting until the Sept expansion. Warmind has some cute lil tricks to inflate the grind you may or may not be cool with.

Nice.

Hoping they plan on catering to the solo players when that comes around.

Doubt it, but hoping.

Kalyx triaD 06-03-2018 11:27 PM

https://kalyxtriad.wordpress.com/201...year-2-part-1/

I usually copy-paste a blog post here in the past but it's not quite as easy on a phone.

Talking a shit about the roadmap going forward.

Kalyx triaD 06-04-2018 02:04 PM

Sept update is called "Forsaken", definitely involving the Awoken Queen.

ClockShot 06-05-2018 03:12 PM

$40 just for the basic expansion of Forsaken and up to $80 if you want all the bells and whistles.

Yeah, no thanks.

Fignuts 06-05-2018 03:15 PM

Some cool stuff I guess. Can't hide my disappoint in armor sets. Collecting them just to have them is something you can do already. Plenty of resources out there to help you track what you have and what you don't.

All they had to do was literally what every loot grind game does. Get 2 pieces of an armor set, you get an additional legendary level perk. Get the whole set, you get an exotic level perk. That's it. You don't even need that on all the games sets. Just the unique ones you get from tokens, raids, and EP. That would be enough to add a ton of incentive to go get these sets and would make player customization even deeper.

But no. Bungie has to bungie.

alvarado52 06-05-2018 04:38 PM

I'll likely get back on the grind after the next expansion like Kalyx said. Heard good things about it. Not gonna put in the effort now since I know Bungie will essentially void it with some change to the grind in the next update.