TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto 5 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=82991)

D Mac 09-13-2008 01:32 PM

Grand Theft Auto 5

Probably WAY too early, but what should GTA 5 be like? Should it be in Vice City, San Andreas, or a whole new city?

They should have a Create A Character this time around, or play a chick or something. Something different.

#BROKEN Hasney 09-13-2008 01:33 PM

London

D Mac 09-13-2008 01:34 PM

Found this:

The latest edition of Gametrailers’ Bonus Round discussed Grand Theft Auto 4, its Xbox 360-exclusive expansions, and Grand Theft Auto 5’s release date. You can watch the episode below.

To quote investment banker Wedbush Morgan Securities’ game industry analysts Michael Pachter: “I actually think they already have a story in mind. GTA5 is already in the planning stage and my guess is you’ll see [the next GTA] in two and a half years. In fall of 2010, there’ll be Grand Theft Auto 5.”

This last Grand Theft Auto Bonus Round episode discusses whether or not the release of GTA4 on April 29th will be the fall of GTA as a series or if Rockstar will reach new heights?

BigDaddyCool 09-13-2008 02:01 PM

Will it be GTA5, or will it be GTA4 : *Insert city name here*

Jeritron 09-13-2008 03:07 PM

I think the next GTA game should be set in Patriot City, or some clever name for a GTA adaptation of Boston.

It'd be interesting to see them to a Boston setting, and explore the Irish Mob and the IRA and such, and draw inspiration from movies like The Departed, Boondock Saints, Gone Baby Gone and the like.

They've done the NY Italian mob, the Russian mob, a Miami Vice/Scarface type thing, and a Compton gangsta ghetto.
I figure this is the next big thing, and in terms of crime drama movies it seems to be the new trend and a big hit.

I think it'd be great.

El Fangel 09-13-2008 03:12 PM

I hope to fuck this is not like GTA4.

But anyways, I would like one of maybe four places

- Toronto
- Moscow
- London
- Colorado

Requiem 09-13-2008 03:18 PM

GTA 4 was amazing. You are just a bad gamer.

#BROKEN Hasney 09-13-2008 03:23 PM

Req is correct

El Fangel 09-13-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 2283030)

Haha, no.

GTA: SA perhaps set my standards too high, but my main qualms with it:

- Motorcycles - I use them alot in SA, and they were horrible to drive in 4

- Chase Missions - Self Explanatory

- I always found Niko to be a bit jerky to control

- No music I liked on there at all

- Cars were more realistic yes, but driving on oil is not realistic

Anyways, enough about it really, it was not a BAD game, just those things made my experience not very fun.

Buzzkill 09-13-2008 03:39 PM

Not enough emo on there for you, Fallen Angel?

El Fangel 09-13-2008 03:48 PM

How does emo have anything to do with this?

#BROKEN Hasney 09-13-2008 03:54 PM

I think he was referring to the part where you said the game had no music you liked at all

D Mac 09-13-2008 04:03 PM

Play music on some other source while playing GTA.

El Fangel 09-13-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 2283077)
I think he was referring to the part where you said the game had no music you liked at all

Oh, I suppose that would be it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Mac (Post 2283096)

Yeah, and having to pause/mute it everytime there is a cut-scence became a real pain really fast. Broke the flow, gnome sayin'

Kane Knight 09-14-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 2283030)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzkill (Post 2283056)
Not enough emo on there for you, Fallen Angel?

*insert ironically spastic comment*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Mac (Post 2283096)

Which doesn't actually make the soundtrack any better, it's just a bandaid.

Of course, I think better issues are controls, the bullshit "realism," the muddy graphics (Which are brilliant as long as you keep the brightness set to "she looks good in the dark."), the terrible characters and voice acting. In fact, "muddy" really describes the whole game.

These are better issues, but if you don't like the soundtrack, playing your own music over it is just putting lipstick on a pig. And yes, that's a shot at Sarah Palin.

Ogen 09-14-2008 12:33 PM

Dunno game plays nicely just wish they'd take out the need for me to go on dates with random women and go for drinks/a strip show with my friends in it. No interest in going anywhere with any of them so constantly get texts moaning about not talking to them.

BigDaddyCool 09-14-2008 04:58 PM

I wanna see GTA Kansas City, or Chicago.

Sepholio 09-14-2008 07:45 PM

Atlanta. That would be mad gangstalicious.

El Fangel 09-14-2008 07:46 PM

Alabama, Imagine the backwoods gun-fights with the locals.

Kapoutman 09-14-2008 07:56 PM

I want to see if they could make something interesting out of GTA: Alaska.

U-Warrior 09-14-2008 07:59 PM

I'd just like to know about the dlc tbh.

Sepholio 09-14-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryman (Post 2284556)
Alabama, Imagine the backwoods gun-fights with the locals.

Alabama could be one of the country areas like they had in SA if they made GTA:Atlanta.

El Fangel 09-14-2008 08:16 PM

Swear to god, Angel Grove was like my favorote hick town in SA, also it was the easiest place to do the Ambulance Missions, its mega small, and no traffic :)

Buzzkill 09-15-2008 01:13 PM

I feel like GTA: Tokyo would pretty illl

Buzzkill 09-15-2008 01:13 PM

Think how awesome your cell phone would be

Requiem 09-15-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzkill (Post 2285307)
I feel like GTA: Tokyo would pretty illl

Was actually thinking that. Or maybe not even Tokyo, but the Kobe/Osaka area. Largest group of Yakuza, the Yamaguchi-gumi, own that area pretty much and that would make for some pretty awesome stuff.

Thinking more about it, involving the Yakuza would make for some pretty epic things compared to the other games. They are the largest organized crime group in the world, and pretty much shit on anything the Italian mafia, black gangs, or Russian syndicate can do.

Sepholio 09-15-2008 02:25 PM

Yea Tokyo would be rock solid, Kobe and Osaka could be other areas on the map. I had this idea last night though. GTA never cared about logistics, so why not do a SA style map with Atlanta, London, Moscow, and Tokyo. That would be ridonkulous.

NeanderCarl 09-15-2008 05:35 PM

GTA: Punxsutawny

CSL 09-15-2008 08:52 PM

Main bad guy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/61FHK6eAI0o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/61FHK6eAI0o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mooияakeя™ 10-05-2008 08:40 PM

GTA4: Vice City

I'd cream if they did this. They won't cos "it's already been done".

Only hope I can pray for is that they will realise how popular the last was and that they have rebuilt Liberty in this one, so it's only natural?

Kalyx triaD 10-06-2008 02:32 AM

I second Vice City's return. There's something surreal about playing a game based on where I live. And with multiplayer, I could take you guys on a tour of my hangout spots.

U-Warrior 10-06-2008 02:49 AM

I'd like to see GTA: Tokyo

Kalyx triaD 10-06-2008 03:13 AM

Nice.

Funky Fly 10-06-2008 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Warrior (Post 2306600)
I'd like to see GTA: Tokyo

GTA: Gaijin Smash?

El Fangel 10-06-2008 04:29 AM

A late 90's Vice City, or perhaps an early 90's to tie in with what is going on in San Andreas.

Also it would be so fucking cool if you played this game as a returning character, say Tommy or CJ, one go to the others city to start again, or whatever, and they meet up and decide to take over the place, It would provide for a nice story, and a wonderful multiplayer.

Kalyx triaD 10-06-2008 05:30 AM

Screw it; give us the three cities of San Andreas and Vice City a GTA4 make over and release them all as DLC. Then have us able to use the airports to travel to whichever city we please. While you're at it, complete the outlying areas of Liberty City that they constructed but didn't finish (GTA version of Jersey reportedly) and make that available as well.

With all that playground, I will never anything of Rockstar again. They will have delivered to me the last GTA experience I need. It'll be the closest the series will come to having a continent of playground. For the love of God imagine that.

El Fangel 10-06-2008 05:32 AM

A smaller scale USA, with key citys would be so fucking bomb, and make it large, and I mean large, where to travel from New York to LA by car in game would take like 30 mins, Man, just the thought of that would be so fucking sweet.

BigDaddyCool 10-06-2008 10:11 AM

What would be cool is if they did a series of Midwest cities. Something like Kansas City, St. Louis, and Chicago. And having to go back and forth to those Cities. That would be cool.

El Fangel 10-06-2008 10:26 AM

I think you are getting at what I mean BDC.

I would suggest

LA - Los Santos- Its LA

Washington - Kennedy - Like hell it would happen, but it would be awesome to fire rockets from the white house roof.

New York - Liberty - See LA

Miami - Vice - Revisit Vice City

Dallas - (No Idea) - Need a southern state

Boston - Independance - would be awesome

Chicago - Gotham - C'mon do I have to explain.

Memphis - Clefton - Imagine the radio station for this place (on a side note, each city should have its own stations)

Detroit - Dodge City - Motor Vehicle Capital of the US

Drakul 10-06-2008 10:39 AM

They could have the game take place in Carcer City. That place has been mentioned in a few GTAs but we've never been there.

On a GTA related note, would it ever be possible and profitable to do this idea I had? The idea is this:
Sell the game disc with all the code and stuff that makes everything work on it but each player downloads the city of their choice. Maybe a choice of 3 major cities depending where you live. Choose between New York, Los Angeles or Miami for the US. London, Manchester or Birmingham for England. Edinburgh, Glasgow or Dundee for Scotland and so on with the selection varying from region to region.
This would make the game pretty cool because it would resemble your home city and would have a lot of local humour and references in it.
I'm not saying that's what GTA5 will be, I'm just asking if that would ever be a possible and profitable idea.

El Fangel 10-06-2008 10:46 AM

If I may add on to what you have posted Drakul...

What if the new game provided you with a starting city, lets say New York for the hell of it, and the rest of the game (citys) were free downloadable content to your system. That would be awesome. Then again I have no idea how much data that would be, and I am guessing it would be alot, and would take forever to download.

El Fangel 10-06-2008 11:07 AM

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/5...utopidayf3.jpg
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/g...jpg/1/w710.png

El Fangel 10-06-2008 11:10 AM

Quick rough paint drawing, buit that is how I would set up the next GTA.

as you can see the green is forested areas seperating the major citys, of couse have a few hick towns ala Blueberry in San Andreas

I included the major citys for the US, The Mississippi, The Nevada Desert, and The Great Lakes, now before you nit-pick, this is not to scale, and only roughly put the citys in the right areas, of course it wont look like the actual states.

And if you cross that invisible red line, Border Control comes after you (storyline wise, you are unable to leave the country due to criminal record)

What do you guys think?

Xero 10-06-2008 01:08 PM

I think the next gen systems (GTA6, maybe 5 or 7 depending on how they label this gen's) will get something like GTA:USA and it'll be an MMO. I think that's the next logical step for the series after this gen. They could have expansions which would open up other countries/continents.

Something like that I think is too big to have at the scale of Liberty City for this gen.

TerranRich 10-06-2008 01:29 PM

Grand Theft Auto as an MMO would be pretty amazing, I think.

BigDaddyCool 10-06-2008 01:52 PM

I believe I said they should call Kansas City Heartland City, and St. Louis could be St. Francis or something like that.

Kalyx triaD 10-06-2008 03:02 PM

That would be an ambitious DLC plan. I don't think the public will ever be willing to buy 'code' even at a decent price. You need a base city and game on disc. But your idea works in that people could expand their GTA universe as they see fit.

Heh, GTA World.

BigDaddyCool 10-06-2008 08:02 PM

I would be really neat if you could escape a city and the local cops would have to stop chasing you.

El Fangel 10-06-2008 08:06 PM

And then you have the feds on your ass.

BigDaddyCool 10-06-2008 08:07 PM

Possibly. Should depend on your wanted leave. No Fed is going to give a shit in real life if you cross state lines while speeding.

Xero 10-06-2008 08:08 PM

They did that with SA. Once you left the city eventually the state police would take over.

BigDaddyCool 10-06-2008 08:16 PM

Shut up honkey.

Jon Kano 10-06-2008 10:47 PM

I heard the next GTA was gonna be in a city called either of the three but in a totally different era and country, like to suggest there is another country with the same city names at another point in history.

Xero 10-06-2008 10:50 PM

I'd like to see them mix it up and give us a Western. I can't think of a game anywhere near the scope of GTA with an old west theme. The only problem with it would be the soundtrack.

Or they could make a branch of the GTA engine and do it as a separate series.

Jon Kano 10-06-2008 10:55 PM

Thing is with the technology, I dunno if a fuckin desert would do its potential justice. I mean I'm thinkin a Western would be flat, few mountains maybe but nothing to actually make it useful as far as gameplay.

What about....and I've always thought this would be the daddy...

A futuristic-but-not-too-futuristic minority report type metropolis. With a story that focused on technology and advanced weapons as not only whats in the gameplay, but also the story.

BigDaddyCool 10-06-2008 11:49 PM

Western United States is full of mountains.

Jon Kano 10-06-2008 11:53 PM

Yeah, so what? What fucking use is a load of mountains on a GTA game? a few missions and to make the scenery look good. And yeah, its FULL of mountains so again, its not a good thing.

You'll be driving shitty cars, not many of them either in those days so thats like 5 different types, a few fuckin farm vehicles, great.

Whats that riding horses? no thanks.

Its a nice thought but let's let the western idea die gracefully with that piece of shit GUN.

BigDaddyCool 10-06-2008 11:56 PM

Your "logic" is impossible to follow.

Jon Kano 10-07-2008 12:07 AM

Not really, I made a point in relation to the idea, and then backed it up with something else to support its relevence, yinno how the fact that while you might like a Brokeback Moutain type computer game, there is only so much fun mountains can provide in terms of the landscape in a game.

Plus my minority-report idea pisses all over it.

BigDaddyCool 10-07-2008 09:17 AM

Why would Grand Theft Auto try to be minority report when it is already Grand Theft Auto. If there was going to be a minority report game, it would probably just be minority report. Your idea is asking Grand Theft Auto to be something it isn't.

I'm not saying a game based off Minority Report would be crap. I'm just saying Grand Theft Auto is its own game, and more and more it is based off real life gangs and events with place names just changed.

Jon Kano 10-08-2008 10:31 AM

I refer to the film purely based on its metropolis in the future type look, the scenery. Not the characters, the plot or the fucking pre-cog bullshit. Just the city.

BigDaddyCool 10-08-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Kano (Post 2307879)
A futuristic-but-not-too-futuristic minority report type metropolis. With a story that focused on technology and advanced weapons as not only whats in the gameplay, but also the story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Kano (Post 2309551)
I refer to the film purely based on its metropolis in the future type look, the scenery. Not the characters, the plot or the fucking pre-cog bullshit. Just the city.

Without getting all spazzed out, can you at least see why someone would be confuses?

Now, if they set a GTA in the not so distant future, that might be cool...but I still think it should be another game because of how Grand Theft Autos already are. It would just feel wierd in the context of GTA. I'm not sure how to explain it.

RottingFreak 10-08-2008 10:49 AM

Fuck all that. Let's have GTA Solar System. In this you become an astronaut and you go to the moon collect rock samples and shit. It would be glorious.

BigDaddyCool 10-08-2008 10:59 AM

RottingFreak, they made that game, it is called Mass Effect.

Jon Kano 10-08-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool (Post 2309553)
Without getting all spazzed out, can you at least see why someone would be confuses?

Now, if they set a GTA in the not so distant future, that might be cool...but I still think it should be another game because of how Grand Theft Autos already are. It would just feel wierd in the context of GTA. I'm not sure how to explain it.

I meant an original story of course, was just trying to say how such a future could open up doors for like changing things like the weapons, and how the storyline would pan out. But yeah I didn't really state it well enough.

Was playing GTA4 on my mate's Xbox he has lent me and I can't get used to the driving style. It vexes me.

BigDaddyCool 10-08-2008 11:34 AM

Ah, that makes much more sence. But then the problem is, how far into the future? Would they be energy weapons? Would there be gay floating cars? Would it be in the time of transition where there were still plenty of gas engines and solid round weapons while there are prototypes of new vehicles and weapons availble?

As far as driving, do you know how to drive in real life? I'm not trying to knock you, I just don't know where you live and how much mass transit/bicycle riding is done where you live. Because you want to drive like you would in real life. If you speed and never slow down in really life, it is impossible to make turns. In GTA, it is the same.

Jon Kano 10-08-2008 12:08 PM

Hmmmmm, it would be pretty complicated.

I dunno about weapons, I was thinkin of more like futuristic gadjets like hologram decoys, face replicators, stuff like that.

Like the main cities would be like Minority Report, or even 5th Element style. But then the suburbs kinda like a utopia, everywhere is clean cut and I jus got this idea that as opposed to the other games where a lost of the cityscape and suburbs are gang neighbourhood, this could be more orientated around the idea of a clan cut utopia, and the problems lie deeper in the story - terror threats and terrorism, a political element maybe?

I dunno.

And yeah I do drive, pretty much in a countryside, about 10 mins from a town. But yeah I get what you mean.

I dunno.... jus somethin a lil more different I'm thinkin.

How about 1960s London again? lol

BigDaddyCool 10-08-2008 12:12 PM

Future idea should definately be another game, it would be ok like if it was perfect dark or something.

Jon Kano 10-08-2008 12:20 PM

On an unlrelated note I am enjoying having an Xbox 360 very much and I completed Call of Duty 4 last night. Go me.

Blasted 10-11-2008 06:03 AM

I truly hope this one is far better then GTA4

AKin3D 10-14-2008 03:21 AM

GTA: Hawaii anyone? I know at first thought it seems lame, but they really could go places with this. I mean they always can have you fly to the main land, or go to Japan. Plus their could be ship levels too.

BigDaddyCool 10-14-2008 01:33 PM

GTA: Hawaii could be big. I mean they have the island, so they don't have to explain why you can't get to the mainland. It would be interesting to say the least.

I was watching Gangland on history channel, how about GTA: Salt Lake City. The SLC has a horrible gang problem and in general an unruly counter culutre movement because the Mormons are so oppresive. I mean story line wise, you are every open to what is going on. Get caught up in the Church trying to silence people, then trying to dispose of the people they used to silence the others.

Drakul 10-23-2011 03:03 AM

I figured I'd make a GTA V thread but I see there already is one. Sorry for bumping such an old thread but it's better than a whole seperate thread. Plus I just found these posts here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 2307865)
I'd like to see them mix it up and give us a Western. I can't think of a game anywhere near the scope of GTA with an old west theme. The only problem with it would be the soundtrack.

Or they could make a branch of the GTA engine and do it as a separate series.

Xero got his wish with RDR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Kano (Post 2307879)
Yeah, so what? What fucking use is a load of mountains on a GTA game? a few missions and to make the scenery look good. And yeah, its FULL of mountains so again, its not a good thing.

You'll be driving shitty cars, not many of them either in those days so thats like 5 different types, a few fuckin farm vehicles, great.

Whats that riding horses? no thanks.

Its a nice thought but let's let the western idea die gracefully with that piece of shit GUN.

Kano underestimating what R* can do.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here is because we can't be more than 6 months from an announcement.
R* tend to announce games just as they wrap up developing their current one. With MP3 due out in, I think, March next year, GTA V announcements can't be that far off. So, lets get back to talking about what we'd like to see and/or where we'd like to see it.

If you already posted ideas in 2008, have they changed? Improved?

I came across this GTA IV fan made video and thought it would be a cool feature to have in GTA V online:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XeACdcaULRU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XeACdcaULRU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

It would be cool to check out who was doing what. Maybe have the news chopper follow whoever has the highest wanted level, complete with updates on location and gamertag. Maybe even actions like "Suspect opens fire in mall. 12 officers down. Explosions."

There was a time I spawned as I joined a Free Roam game in GTA IV and the first thing I saw was a dangerously low helicopter chasing a guy in a cop car chasing a guy on a dirt bike, all very close to each other. I would really have liked to have seen what was going on there and how it ended.
If GTA V builds on how interactive RDR was, I'm sure watching other players could get some interesting results.
Especially if there are gangs like in RDR. The news chopper would automatically be there with updates and footage on a gang war between player gangs (if we could make them) and AI gangs in "hideouts".

Another thing that would be cool, especially in MP, would be a cherry picker.
One of these (ignore that this one is LEGO) :
http://images.wikia.com/lego/images/c/c8/8292.jpg

One player drives, the other player stands on the back, the 3rd player can control it. Raising, lowering and moving the crane while the 2nd player opens fire would be great for causing mayhem.

El Fangel 10-23-2011 03:53 AM

If GTA V was solely an improvement on GTA IV

- More save points, perhaps you can rent apartments or townhouses or something. Might add a new dynamic to the game.

- Either less motorcycle chases or more control.

- More aircraft, miss SA due to that.

- A parachute, please.

- An MP3 player option, to play songs stored o your system through the game.

- Option to restart mission from where it starts gamewise not cut scene (eliminate driving tacross city many times)

Drakul 10-23-2011 05:37 AM

Parachutes are in TBoGT and there was a lot of people wanting them back before that so I'd assume they'll make sure they are in GTA V.

Kalyx triaD 10-23-2011 11:46 AM

Didn't the XB versions of Vice City and San Andreas have a radio station that played your own music? That wasn't in GTA4?

#BROKEN Hasney 10-23-2011 11:53 AM

Only San Andreas on XBox had that. GTA 4 on PC does though.

GTA4 doesn't on console. I don't think they could do it properly on 360 anymore, that's why Smackdown had that hack job of user playlists.

Sony only supported the functionality after GTA4 was released, hence Burnout Paradise's patch.

dronepool 10-23-2011 11:58 AM

5 is already coming out? Wow, I played 4 for a few hours at friends house back in 2008 and haven't got around to buying it.

Kalyx triaD 10-23-2011 11:59 AM

I was wondering why that feature went scarce. I loved it. The all-encompassing soundtrack thing is cool too but when the game uses it itself that was extra cool. I remember THUG had Tony Hawk say general things about your next track in a mock radio station before the song played. It did a lot for me.

#BROKEN Hasney 10-23-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dronepool (Post 3659912)
5 is already coming out? Wow, I played 4 for a few hours at friends house back in 2008 and haven't got around to buying it.

There's been a grand total of 0 announcements. Probably waiting on next gen consoles I reckon.

Kane Knight 10-23-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3659910)
GTA4 doesn't on console. I don't think they could do it properly on 360 anymore, that's why Smackdown had that hack job of user playlists.

Xbox's playlist system is perfect for this. It's just shit for things like "entrance themes."

It still may not have been worth it to throw in, when the PS3 wouldn't yet support them anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3659921)
There's been a grand total of 0 announcements. Probably waiting on next gen consoles I reckon.

Does that mean we're going back to the "Of course the engine sucks, it's the first version on a new console" apologetics?

#BROKEN Hasney 10-23-2011 12:25 PM

Who cares, Saints Row 3 is almost here.

Kane Knight 10-23-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3659934)
Who cares, Saints Row 3 is almost here.

And it will rule.

Taker it Easy 10-23-2011 12:42 PM

Dude. They have been working on GTA 5 since GTA 4 was released.

Thats how it works.

RoXer 10-23-2011 01:06 PM

grand theft auto apologists

Kane Knight 10-23-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoXer (Post 3659975)
grand theft auto apologists

Yes, it's hilarious that they exist.

Drakul 10-23-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3659921)

That's what I'm thinking. That and MGS Rising will be launch titles for at least one of the consoles.

Nicky Fives 10-23-2011 10:34 PM

I beat GTA IV every year during my Christmas break..... this year will be no different..... GTA London or GTA Tokyo makes the most sense to me for new locations, but I'd love a return to Vice City.....

Kane Knight 10-23-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 3661094)
I beat GTA IV every year during my Christmas break..... this year will be no different..... GTA London or GTA Tokyo makes the most sense to me for new locations, but I'd love a return to Vice City.....

Grand Theft Auto: Paradise City.

Well, I mean, at least there's a lot of cars there.

El Fangel 10-24-2011 12:09 AM

What I meant is starting a mission in Hove Beach, which then required you to drive to Alderney to continue it. Then if you die, you have to drive all the fucking way back and lack of aircraft plus it being a 5 min drive got annoying quick especially for difficult missions.

Xero 10-24-2011 12:19 AM

Did you ever think of taking a taxi?

Mr. C 10-24-2011 12:50 AM

I’d love to see some mission where you have to escape out of prison. Liberty City, San Andreas, and Vice City on one map would be epic, but it can’t be done because Microsoft’s 360 wouldn’t be able to handle a game of that magnitude. Maybe they could cut parts of San Andreas. I imagine the game would be pretty big if they did that with GTA 4 graphics, but I’m sure it could be done.

El Fangel 10-24-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 3661251)
Did you ever think of taking a taxi?

Of course I fucking didnt! :(

D Mac 10-24-2011 12:55 AM

I have a 360 remote. I just put some songs on a flash drive and play them and push pause on the remote when cutscenes happen.

El Fangel 10-24-2011 12:57 AM

I gotta say, the GTA4 soundtrack was just awful.

D Mac 10-24-2011 12:58 AM

Why not have 2 fucking cities you can be in? Like San Andreas and some other one and you can either take a commercial flight between them or fly there yourself.

El Fangel 10-24-2011 01:01 AM

I think two cities you can fly to would be better then one massive one.

Kane Knight 10-24-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Mac (Post 3661273)
I have a 360 remote.

So you're the one.

Nicky Fives 10-24-2011 09:36 AM

I'd also be a fan of a two parter...... starting in Vice City in the 80's as a young punk kid that eventually gets busted halfway through the game, before getting out of Vice City Jail 25 years later, killing off the "minor" guys that fucked you over in Vice City, before heading off to Liberty to find the "main" guy that caused your demise, but having to take on missions in order to gain information about his whereabouts/new identity/etc.....It would be like 2 games in one.....

Kane Knight 10-24-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 3661433)
I'd also be a fan of a two parter...... starting in Vice City in the 80's as a young punk kid that eventually gets busted halfway through the game, before getting out of Vice City Jail 25 years later, killing off the "minor" guys that fucked you over in Vice City, before heading off to Liberty to find the "main" guy that caused your demise, but having to take on missions in order to gain information about his whereabouts/new identity/etc.....It would be like 2 games in one.....

I think you just described Saints Row 2 and 3.

Unless Volition dropped the escape of the last guy who screwed you over in SR1.