TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   QUESTION - Can Braun Strowman be this generation's version of Dave Batista? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134168)

Heyman 11-07-2017 05:11 AM

QUESTION - Can Braun Strowman be this generation's version of Dave Batista?

QUESTION - Can Braun Strowman be this generation's version of Dave Batista?

Here are some similarities I see between the two men:

1) They both started off as a 'sidekick'. Batista with Devon, and Braun Strowman with Bray Wyatt.

2) They're both big men.

3) They both seemed to have success in getting over due to knowing their limitations (i.e. Batista was never a world beater on the mic, and neither is Strowman).

4) Their both somewhat limited with their in-ring ability, but their size and power will help them (or helped them).

Braun Strowman likely will never be the "face" of the company, but I think he can be this generation's version of Batista, and carve out a solid career as one of the top guys of this generation. Maybe when all is said and done, Strowman, much like Batista during the Cena era, might be able to lay claim in being the 'second biggest name' during what appears to be the Roman Reigns era.

Sepholio 11-07-2017 05:18 AM

BRRRAAAAAUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

That is all.

Heyman 11-07-2017 05:32 AM

As was the case with Batista, I wonder if they shorten his name at some point (i.e. he becomes known as 'Strowman' or 'Braun', as opposed to 'Braun Strowman.').

Fans have taken quite a liking to Strowman...........much like they did to Batista back in the day.

In both cases, the fan fare and rise in popularity was organic (i.e. happened naturally....neither guy was shoved down the fans' throats).

I don't think Strowman has much of a chance of being THE guy over the next 10-15 years, but I think he has an excellent chance of being the Bridesmaid. The Batista of this generation.

Ruien 11-07-2017 08:00 AM

Braun will be the next Big Show. And that is a very good thing.

Emperor Smeat 11-07-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5038838)

Yeah him as the next Big Show or Kane seems more likely based on the "Monster" persona they lean heavily towards for him. Maybe even a more successful version of both as long as the WWE learns from its past mistakes with the two.

Stickman 11-07-2017 07:23 PM

As long as he stops jobbing to Reigns.

Mr. Nerfect 11-07-2017 09:42 PM

I've eased up on Braun a bit. Something about his presentation -- his name, his look, his attire -- it seems very goofy. That being said, he plays into it. He's like a figure from gothic literature, or some campy novella. There was a period in history where you'd bring a guy like Braun in, push him more sensibly, and try to steal some shows off him. Now that you want everyone to be built for longevity, making him a cartoon character is very...modern.

Destor 11-07-2017 11:29 PM

He will fizzle, the booking will be blamed but the real issue will be weekly tv. Cant keep a monster hot like that. But not the audience demands it so it is what it is. The hot shotting on the late 90s really did irrevocable damage to the industry.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 02:37 AM

He's only managed to stand out because he's allowed to toss around people they basically pay to be murdered. When it comes to his actual work, he's still really green and quite bad. The romance will definitely fade.

Ruien 11-08-2017 07:43 AM

It's been like 8 months already hasn't it? For this day and age that is forever. Now we get face Braun too.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 07:56 AM

He's going to be up there for a lot longer than 8 months if they have their way. There is a lot of time for people to work out they're bored of him.

Stickman 11-08-2017 12:45 PM

They should make him and Nia Jax a couple.

Heyman 11-08-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5038838)

Strowman being this generation's version of Big Show/Kane isn't a horrible thing, but I wonder if Strowman can 'get over' as the legit 2nd biggest face in the company one day..............much like Batista did back in the day.

Strowman's getting some pretty decent pops.

Nicky Fives 11-08-2017 02:19 PM

He can be better.

Mr. Nerfect 11-08-2017 05:47 PM

He gets pop for tossing around jobbers and being funny. If he needs to work with people and be serious people will turn on him so fast.

hb2k 11-10-2017 11:24 AM

I believe the answer to the original question is - depends, how big is his dick?

Heyman 11-11-2017 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb2k (Post 5040396)
I believe the answer to the original question is - depends, how big is his dick?

From what I understand, Jim Ross is no longer Head of Talent Relations.

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-11-2017 01:50 AM

The fans seem to like him so no.

Mr. Nerfect 11-12-2017 03:39 AM

I doubt Batista is going to be in-line for any Oscar nominations anytime soon, but judging by his recent segments, I don't think Braun will be following Dave into Hollywood in the immediate future.