TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NFL Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125904)

Ermaximus 05-08-2014 10:44 PM

Browns do what the Browns do best. So will he be cut or traded within 2 years?

Emperor Smeat 05-08-2014 10:44 PM

:lol: Manziel didn't look that happy with the Browns pick

Ermaximus 05-08-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4424506)
:lol: Manziel didn't look that happy with the Browns pick

Is anyone ever happy when they're drafted by the Browns?

Kris P Lettus 05-08-2014 10:48 PM

http://grantland.com/features/brandi...wide-receiver/

Nark Order 05-08-2014 10:49 PM

Everybody stop saying bad things about the Cleveland Browns.

Ermaximus 05-08-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcissus (Post 4424513)

But they do it to themselves! Manziel will be their 21st different starting QB since 99.

Heisenberg 05-08-2014 10:56 PM

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, fuck yeah!!

I approve of a new Safety, especially with the unique name

Droford 05-08-2014 10:57 PM

I dont get the Ravens drafting Mosley but he could be a solid LB for a while so I wont complain.

I was hoping Manziel would go anywhere besides Cleveland just because I think he's a better QB than the 'experts' give him credit for going to Cleveland almost guarantees nothing good will happen for him, at least initially.

Nark Order 05-08-2014 11:02 PM

Derek Carr is literally crying in his living room.

Ermaximus 05-08-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcissus (Post 4424523)
Derek Carr is literally crying in his living room.

Bridgewater must be on suicide watch then.

Nark Order 05-08-2014 11:14 PM

I'm not kidding. They showed Derek Carr in his living room and he was crying.

DaveWadding 05-08-2014 11:14 PM

CARDINALS. BRIDGEWATER. NOW. PLZ.

Evil Vito 05-08-2014 11:17 PM

<font color=goldenrod>The Cardinals draft party looks displeased.</font>

DaveWadding 05-08-2014 11:19 PM

Safety. That's good. They needed someone to replace Adrian Wilson on the strong side.

RoXer 05-08-2014 11:20 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnKaMf1CIAACkY_.png

DaveWadding 05-08-2014 11:20 PM

I think they wanted Pryor and when the Jets took him, they traded out knowing Bucannon would definitely be there at 27.

Evil Vito 05-08-2014 11:20 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Barring a couple of late trades it looks like Houston will still have their pick of Carr or Bridgewater to kick off tomorrow.</font>

Emperor Smeat 05-08-2014 11:31 PM

Liked the Pats not trading out and taking a DE/DT but worried about the whole ACL issue with Dominique Easley.

Belichick really loves Florida when it comes to the draft for some reason.

Nark Order 05-08-2014 11:35 PM

I will have to research this Ward fellow.

Evil Vito 05-09-2014 12:11 AM

<font color=goldenrod>Seems there are still a lot of good DTs on the board. Giants seem to take a second round DT every year so I wouldn't be surprised if they take one of the DTs tomorrow....but I do think they need to get an OL. As it is now they've got Schwartz, Pugh, and 3 guys coming off of major injuries. Hopefully not taking Zack Martin won't come back to bite them.

Odell Beckham is still very intriguing, though. The Giants did need receiver help certainly. The biggest knock I see on Beckham is his height (5'11"). Rueben Randle is their tallest wideout at 6'2". Cruz and Manningham are both 6'0". I do miss the days of just being able to heave it up to Plaxico Burress who towered over all the CBs. Of course Ramses Barden was 6'6" and accomplished absolutely nothing so it might not be a big deal.</font>

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-09-2014 12:26 AM

Shit the Pats might be trading Ryan Mallet to the Texans. Hope they don't.

Crimson 05-09-2014 12:49 AM

Oh god, so relieved Cowboys didn't take Manziel. I like the Martin pick, solid guard or tackle. Now we have 3 good young starters on the O-line.

A lot of defensive line players still left..hopefully we get Kony Ealy, Crighton, Lawrence, or Nix.

RP 05-09-2014 12:55 AM

I have no clue who's playing safety next year for the Colts. I don't see anyone stepping in right away from this draft.

Tom Guycott 05-09-2014 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermaximus (Post 4424505)
Browns do what the Browns do best. So will he be cut or traded within 2 years?

Don't be silly.

There will be a minor injury first... because the Browns keep going for the big name, "great white hope" potential franchise QB that will put asses in seats and sell jerseys instead of building a line to protect that guy or aquiring some targets for him to throw to. Year one is him not living up to the hype through little fault of his own.

Then, there'll be the season ending injury that dashes their possible playoff season hopes in around week 4 of the second year.

Next comes the inevitable QB controversy, where the backup limps them along to a .500 season in Johnny Football's absence and they start to think the unknown backup might be the better starter.

So, 3 years, not 2. Then rinse and repeat in that year's draft when they pick yet another quarterback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcissus (Post 4424513)

Okay... at least they're not the "Youngstown Browns". That's gotta count for something, right?

poopfromweiner dude 05-09-2014 02:41 AM

I like football

ClockShot 05-09-2014 05:29 AM

Heh. Vikings grab Teddy Bridgewater with the last pick.

I guess Ponder is being shown the door. Or perhaps the bench.

Denver grabbing Bradley Roby to work the other side with Talib is a good pickup. Now we need a Wide Reciever to replace Decker.

Kris P Lettus 05-09-2014 07:11 AM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/4065683/CooksTD.gif

MrSmokeydogg7 05-09-2014 07:28 AM

Texans getting Clowney is no surprise

Browns getting Manziel at 22 is a steal, btw who's justin Gilbert?

Bortles got drafted earlier than i thought

The Browns might be able to steal Carlos Hyde RB

MrSmokeydogg7 05-09-2014 07:31 AM

"Okay... at least they're not the "Youngstown Browns". That's gotta count for something, right?"

Watch what you say about Youngstown, my friend ELPRESADOR is from there and he don't take to kind to Savage Folk

DaveWadding 05-09-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 4424663)
Don't be silly.

There will be a minor injury first... because the Browns keep going for the big name, "great white hope" potential franchise QB that will put asses in seats and sell jerseys instead of building a line to protect that guy or aquiring some targets for him to throw to. Year one is him not living up to the hype through little fault of his own.

Except the Cleveland Browns O Line grades out VERY well in Pro Footbal Focus' rankings. I can't tell you about their guards, but I know Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Mitchell Schwartz (L, C, R) all grade out as comfortably above average players.

and Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron, man.

MrSmokeydogg7 05-09-2014 08:11 AM

I think the Browns will take their time with Manziel and have Hoyer start. He did win them 3 of the 4 games they won last year.....

Tom Guycott 05-09-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmokeydogg7 (Post 4424760)
"Okay... at least they're not the "Youngstown Browns". That's gotta count for something, right?"

Watch what you say about Youngstown, my friend ELPRESADOR is from there and he don't take to kind to Savage Folk

I can say whatever I want about my shitty ass hometown. If whoever ELPRESADOR is has a problem with that, he can meet me out on the Sharonline to exchange some friendly gunfire.

But he won't. Because if he's from here, he already knows what it is. Hell, chances are we're somehow cousins by a marriage or two.

MrSmokeydogg7 05-09-2014 11:18 AM

Internet Warriors crack me up

Hanso Amore 05-09-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus (Post 4424756)

Love this pick for them. Kid is a baller and takes over sproles role. Going to put up good numbers.

Kris P Lettus 05-09-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewAllenHanso (Post 4424957)
Love this pick for them. Kid is a baller and takes over sproles role. Going to put up good numbers.

I was really leaning towards a CB but Sproles and Moore will leave a huge hole in our offense. I think this kid will shine with Brees.

Tom Guycott 05-09-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveWadding (Post 4424770)
Except the Cleveland Browns O Line grades out VERY well in Pro Footbal Focus' rankings. I can't tell you about their guards, but I know Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Mitchell Schwartz (L, C, R) all grade out as comfortably above average players.

and Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron, man.

Projections aren't the same as performance. While they do have a habit of picking up *ok* players, they usually end up playing together merely as a mediocre team. For comparison, think about the basketball team the Houston Rockets tried to field around 98ish... they picked up a bunch of star calibur, known players and they didn't exactly set the world on fire a cohesive unit. Cleveland just had how many Pro Bowl selections? And yet they can't win games that have meaning.

And I was speaking more on the penchant of the organization trying to always solve their woes by throwing a "hot new" quarterback at it. They've done that since day one back in '99, where they went on record as stating that intention with Tim Couch. They don't cultivate any sort of depth in running game, receivers, or an O line, and throw all their chips in on QBs and coaches, and change them like underwear, instead of sticking with a guy, saying "this is our guy" and sticking to it to find players who get cohesive chemistry. They tend to trade away standouts in skill positions and wear down quarterbacks with danger and doubt.

Tom Guycott 05-09-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmokeydogg7 (Post 4424910)
Internet Warriors crack me up

Then you'll find me hillarious. I'm as tough as they come behind my keyboard.

Doesn't stop the Yo from being a shithole, though.

Innovator 05-09-2014 03:32 PM

Stevie Johnson to the 49ers, for a 2015 mid round pick

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-09-2014 03:56 PM

lolBills.

Evil Vito 05-09-2014 04:38 PM

Johnson was always going to get traded as soon as Watkins' name was called. Probably hurt Johnson's trade value, actually.