TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWE drops Elimination Chamber PPV (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=127985)

slik 10-25-2014 08:01 PM

WWE drops Elimination Chamber PPV

aka we're not paying Brock Lesnar to work February

Quote:

According to Reddit user MetsFan4Ever, a former WWE employee who has broken several WWE stories in the past, WWE is planning to drop the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. He wrote the following on Friday:

"Word going around backstage this past Tuesday at the SmackDown tapings are that the WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view will be no more. The early lead names going around to replace the Elimination Chamber name will be either WWE Fast Lane or WWE Fast Track."

"The reason is because there is only one WWE / World Champion right now. So they want to stay with the Rumble winner receiving the shot and have no Chamber even with the title holder in the match."

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014...ation-chamber/

Fast Lane and Fast Track, horrible ppv names

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-25-2014 08:04 PM

Fast Lane is the name I have heard they chose. Makes sense with the whole "Road to WrestleMania" motif. I guess Germany was key in this change because they can't use the term Elimination Chamber since they are holocaust deniers.

Theo Dious 10-25-2014 08:08 PM

Wonder where the Chamber match will pop up then. My vote is Survivor Series.

Droford 10-25-2014 08:08 PM

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_trend...C_homepage.jpg

Droford 10-25-2014 08:15 PM

Network subscribers should sue because they promised numerous times that a subscription would get the Elimination Chamber PPV. False advertising..

XL 10-25-2014 08:18 PM

Never been a fan of the "shoe-horned gimmick" PPV. Elimination Chamber should be used when appropriate, not because it's February. That said, of all the "shoe-horned gimmick" PPVs, EC made the most sense.

Innovator 10-25-2014 08:22 PM

Good

VSG 10-25-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 4533620)
Network subscribers should sue because they promised numerous times that a subscription would get the Elimination Chamber PPV. False advertising..

Lol

Lock Jaw 10-25-2014 08:55 PM

Elimination Chamber sucked being put between the Rumble and Mania. Could legit be a huge "some other time of year" gimmick PPV.

Being where it was, it just ended up being pretty much filler 9/10.

Droford 10-25-2014 09:37 PM

Now if they'd only do away with hell in a cell and TLC ppvs

Mr. Nerfect 10-25-2014 10:04 PM

I'm actually glad about this. If they had Daniel Bryan win the Royal Rumble, it'd make sense for The Authority to make him defend the title shot in an Elimination Chamber match or something, but I do think that they can do away with the name and use the gimmick more wisely in the future. I'm also all for replacing Hell in a Cell, TLC and even Night of Champions. I think a lot of the NOC matches that we got needed more build, and that a lot of the matches with build got shafted because of the theme of the PPV.

Replace the September PPV with either Unforgiven or Fall Brawl. Using WCW names could actually be a way to get people into going back and revisiting on the WWE Network. October can have either No Mercy or Halloween Havoc. Use Starrcade for December, and use it as a final wrap-up to the year's best battles.

Emperor Smeat 10-25-2014 10:24 PM

Keep it and have it replace one of the lesser ppvs in the year like Payback or Battleground. Maybe even TLC as the big ppv event to end the year.

Cool King 10-26-2014 01:18 PM

I'm happy that the PPV is being dropped, as much like other people here, I'm not really a fan of gimmick PPV's.

Though, I do get the feeling that maybe the Elimination Chamber match will soon be dropped too. I'm only judging this on recent events. With Hell In A Cell almost always being referred to recently as being "the anatomy of evil", "the unforgiving beast", "the sadistic structure" and so on, when we all know that the Elimination Chamber is much worse.

Also, the two choices of names to replace Elimination Chamber in February are terrible. If they want a name that has a "road theme" or whatever, because of "The Road To WrestleMania", the why not just bring back "Over The Limit"?

It's not a great name, but it's much better than "Fast Lane" and "Fast Track".

whiteyford 10-26-2014 01:43 PM

Always enjoyed the PPV, gave 6-12 guys a payday with a couple being midcarders, but I suppose it's more that there's actual booking involved due to the timing of it as opposed to the Chamber matches themselves. Hate forced gimmick matches in general as a rule though.

Lock Jaw 10-26-2014 02:04 PM

I think they should just bring back the "WWF In Your House" concept, but update it for the times... "WWE On Your Mobile Device or Tablet"

DAMN iNATOR 10-27-2014 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4533807)
I think they should just bring back the "WWF In Your House" concept, but update it for the times... "WWE On Your Mobile Device or Tablet"

Maybe they should go with a new interactive PPV. Imagine: "WWE (name of your favorite superstar or diva here) On Your Face"...#RATINGS :shifty:

DAMN iNATOR 10-27-2014 02:48 AM

In all seriousness though I just want No Way Out back...and not in June, either...in February.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-27-2014 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4534588)
Maybe they should go with a new interactive PPV. Imagine: "WWE (name of your favorite superstar or diva here) On Your Face"...#RATINGS :shifty:

WWE's "@RealPaigeWWE: the PPV"

Mr. Nerfect 10-31-2014 09:32 PM

The problem with the Elimination Chamber in February was that, yes, it gave mid-card storylines a chance to get onto the show, with 6-12 guys involved in the big Chamber matches; but then it was WrestleMania, where the stories for those guys would be put on the back-burner.

SNLfunnyguy 11-01-2014 05:36 AM

"We are on the FAST TRACK to Wrestlemania"

DAMN iNATOR 11-01-2014 05:50 PM

THE CASE FOR BRINGING BACK NO WAY OUT:

To be entered into evidence, and marked "Exhibit 'A'".

<iframe frameborder="0" width="560" height="315" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xti5i9" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xti5i9_eddie-guerrero-vs-brock-lesnar-no-way-out-2004-wwe-championship_sport" target="_blank">Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar (No Way Out 2004...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/sh4top22" target="_blank">sh4top22</a></i>

The defense rests.

Damian Rey 11-01-2014 08:47 PM

I rule in favor of the defense.

Nicky Fives 11-02-2014 10:04 AM

I love Elimination Chamber matches, but having it the month before you biggest PPV of the year is dumb....too much of a chance for things to mess up for absolutely no reason......if they insist on keeping it, move it to June and have it set up Summerslam in the same manner Hell In A Cell quasi-sets up Survivor Series.

Fignuts 11-02-2014 10:12 AM

Not to mention less risk of injuries right before Mania. There are a lot of dangerous spots in EC matches, and that's steel their falling on. Seems really stupid to have that right before mania' and risk your main event player getting hurt.