TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Arrow on CW (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125144)

McLegend 05-08-2014 06:29 PM

We also got some Olicity action last night, which was amazing.

Jura 05-08-2014 11:41 PM

Blood could still be alive somehow. Probably not though.

Tom Guycott 05-09-2014 12:32 AM

Exactly. Not discounting anybody at this point outside of Mr. Queen and Tommy. People don't like to stay dead in Starling City. Its all Joker and Aeon Flux with these people.

On another note... Waller. She got the attitude down, but still she needs to gain a few pounds.

Lock Jaw 05-09-2014 12:35 AM

Still wondering how Blood even got the cure....

Slade: Excellent! I have the cure! Now come, Isabel, let us exit the room and leave the cure here alone with Sebastian.

Jura 05-09-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 4424578)
Exactly. Not discounting anybody at this point outside of Mr. Queen and Tommy. People don't like to stay dead in Starling City. Its all Joker and Aeon Flux with these people.

On another note... Waller. She got the attitude down, but still she needs to gain a few pounds.

I didn't like her in Spartacus.

Lock Jaw 05-09-2014 12:47 AM

Waller is skinny in the comic books now too... apparently obese people aren't cool....

Krimzon7 05-09-2014 07:48 AM

What a great hour of action. We could've done without the Canary redemption crap, but the showrunners loves the Lances. Oh well, they've been intergral to the show so far. The clip for next weeks show has Roy, Merlin and Ollie all suited up together.

And Blood isnt dead. His character is all about reincarnation and magic and blood resurrections and shit. READ A WIKI PEOPLE! I'm not even sure who I'm yelling at. Sorry guys.

And Waller is spot on. She doesn't need to gain anything. She has it all right now.

Tom Guycott 05-09-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 4424763)

And Blood isnt dead. His character is all about reincarnation and magic and blood resurrections and shit. READ A WIKI PEOPLE! I'm not even sure who I'm yelling at. Sorry guys.

This fits for just about everyone "dead" in the show... there will be some loophole almost everyone can find. Even with Mr. Queen eating a gun in a flashback, he still could somehow still get the Moriarty treatment. Besides, you can't tell me Blood was screwing around with Mirikuru and used NONE of it on himself. And let's not forget Grundy is a thing.

Lock Jaw 05-14-2014 08:23 PM

Season finale going on right now!!! Unfortunately, I had to leave my house.

Lock Jaw 05-14-2014 09:16 PM

Why isn't this thread hoppin' right now? I guess you are all waiting on me to watch it.

ClockShot 05-14-2014 09:59 PM

Hey!

I was watching Criminal Minds. And the Yankee game. Get to this tomorrow.

McLegend 05-14-2014 10:07 PM

I couldn't watch it live. Just got done.

That was great. Dude, I loved every minute of it... I marked when Oliver said that to Felcity. I thought it was con when Slade had her, but at that moment I totally bought it. I mean obviously he does love her, but they have to stay apart for as long as possible.

The action was tight, and there is still so much going on for season 3. I love this show so much. I still can't get over how good some CW show is. It defies all logic.

What did you think about it, Lock Jaw?

DaveBrawl 05-14-2014 10:14 PM

Was watching it away from my laptop. I love this show more every week. Great finale, get genuinely excited every time they mention Bludhaven.

The dude that plays Slade is just awesome.

McLegend 05-14-2014 10:35 PM

How long will it take for Thea to be a total badass?

I will set the over/under still at episode 11.5 next season.

Krimzon7 05-14-2014 10:41 PM

Fucking A!!! What a goddamn episode. Action was awesome, cant wait to see Roy develop. Looking forward to a season Without sara and her goddamn butt chin. Amanda Waller gets more scrren time next season....IM GOOD WITH THAT! But seriously fuck the episode....DID YOU SEE THE FLASH TRAILER?!?!?!?! Blew my shorts off

Lock Jaw 05-14-2014 11:47 PM

Was a pretty good finale. Not as "hard hitting" and "cliffhanger/omg I need the next season now" as the first season finale left things.

Still a lot to be interested in.

I find it weird how Sara seemed so happy to go back with The League of Assassins.... she just spent like all of the season trying to get away from them, to "redeem herself", and trying to be a "hero" but struggling with the darkness within....

Then she had the spotlight moment last week where it seemed like she had finally started to feel good and "hero"ish.

Doesn't make sense for her to go back to being a killer for a crazy assassin cult after all that, even if she gets lesbian sex. Totally negates all her character growth.

While she indeed did have a butt-chin, I hope she isn't gone.

I also really hope that Detective Lance is ok.

Lock Jaw 05-14-2014 11:50 PM

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/rnXsnR-2AvU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/rnXsnR-2AvU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Jura 05-15-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveBrawl (Post 4429106)
Was watching it away from my laptop. I love this show more every week. Great finale, get genuinely excited every time they mention Bludhaven.

The dude that plays Slade is just awesome.

I still like him in Spartacus more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4429140)
Was a pretty good finale. Not as "hard hitting" and "cliffhanger/omg I need the next season now" as the first season finale left things.

Still a lot to be interested in.

I find it weird how Sara seemed so happy to go back with The League of Assassins.... she just spent like all of the season trying to get away from them, to "redeem herself", and trying to be a "hero" but struggling with the darkness within....

Then she had the spotlight moment last week where it seemed like she had finally started to feel good and "hero"ish.

Doesn't make sense for her to go back to being a killer for a crazy assassin cult after all that, even if she gets lesbian sex. Totally negates all her character growth.

While she indeed did have a butt-chin, I hope she isn't gone.

I also really hope that Detective Lance is ok.

Well the reason she came back was because of her family. Maybe she thinks she can go back and make things different instead of the straight up killer assassin thing.

And I think we can look past the whole cleft chin thing:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/fbw3nn.jpg

Krimzon7 05-15-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jura (Post 4429154)
And I think we can look past the whole cleft chin thing:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/fbw3nn.jpg

Well, when you put it like that...

Lock Jaw 05-15-2014 01:20 AM

I wonder if "Gotham" will have any impact on any of "Arrow"'s plans for The League of Assassins and any further appearances by associated characters...

ClockShot 05-15-2014 07:14 AM

Solid episode last night. Everything flowed together nice.

Only thing that caught me of guard was Summer Glau getting killed off. I figured they would keep her alive so that Oliver Queen would somehow get control of the company back from her, then stick her in a cell and move on. But I guess they got a different avenue planned next season. Maybe buy a boatload of shares Bruce Wayne style?

Thea spurning Roy and going with Merlyn, expected. Along with Sarah going back to the League. Price of calling them in for backup I suppose.

Knew then swerve was coming at the mansion scene. Pretty much screamed "Ooooooooooooooh, he knows it's bugged!".

All in all, I enjoyed the finale. Hoping Paul Blackthrone makes it through. Enjoyed the Quentin character. A.R.G.U.S./Amanda Waller having major roles next season via flashbacks is exciting. We're finally off the island..........for now.

Jura 05-15-2014 01:12 PM

Maybe they will say she died in the chaos and ownership reverts back to Oliver?

DaveBrawl 05-15-2014 03:04 PM

Kind of sucks they killed her off so nonchalantly. Was expecting more of a battle with her being the #2 and all.

Lock Jaw 05-15-2014 03:06 PM

Was more bummed out by Sebastion Blood's casual killing last episode

DaveBrawl 05-15-2014 03:15 PM

That one sucked too, but at least he got a little moment so give a little monologue. Isabel wasn't even the focus of the shot she was killed in as much as Nyssa was.

Lock Jaw 05-15-2014 03:30 PM

Lazarus Pits for all

McLegend 05-15-2014 04:53 PM

John Barrowman is now a series regular according to Stephen Amell.

ClockShot 05-15-2014 06:32 PM

Again?

McLegend 05-15-2014 06:34 PM

Believe it or not he was not officially a season regular in Season 1.

Lock Jaw 05-28-2014 08:30 PM

Watching season 2, episode 1 right now on TV.... usually I don't watch repeats of shows....

McLegend 05-28-2014 08:59 PM

That feels like it was first aired 2 years ago instead of 9 months ago

Lock Jaw 05-28-2014 09:06 PM

Feels like an entirely different show.

McLegend 05-28-2014 09:24 PM

It's good though isn't it?

Krimzon7 05-29-2014 06:41 AM

I have plans of rewatching this season too.

Kalyx triaD 06-16-2014 03:22 PM

Casting calls for new characters in season 3 are out:

Quote:

20something gent — a major recurring character for Season 3 — is a handsome, enigmatic and highly intelligent entrepreneur developing groundbreaking technology. (Picture a business magnate in Ryan Gosling’s body.) Though exuding charm and confidence in public, he privately harbors a tragic past that will drive him to become a tech-powered superhero. Watch for this formidable fella to be a love interest for Felicity and a rival of Oliver’s – both personally and professionally.
This is almost certainly Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle. Kord was name dropped early in season 2.

Quote:

A well-educated criminal with grand ambitions and a knack for chemistry, this potentially recurring character gains power over his enemies by exposing them to a drug that drains their willpower. Oh, and he is very much a physical match for The Arrow.
Speculation was for Scarecrow, but I think this is a highly stylized adaptation of Parasite. Any other ideas?

Lock Jaw 06-16-2014 03:26 PM

Also read something about some actor from some other CW show tweeting out that he is playing Nightwing in the upcoming season....

Don't think there is any truth to it, though.

Kalyx triaD 06-16-2014 03:29 PM

That tweet was a while ago, long ago enough to be strange that he'd be signed for season 3 before season 3 was even greenlit. I kinda thought he meant Batman v Superman.

Lock Jaw 06-16-2014 03:31 PM

He tweeted a pic of himself with the Arrow actor when he did it....

Only heard about it after season 2 was done (after season 3 was greenlit)

Kalyx triaD 06-16-2014 03:40 PM

Hmm, felt it was longer ago.

Some interesting time remixing there but at this point I trust their judgment.

Lock Jaw 06-16-2014 03:43 PM

Like I said anyways, I think it is just that actor working the internet.

I think they are going to have to tone down any Bat-References with Gotham coming out. Probably won't see/hear from the League of Assassins too much anymore, or ever see Ra's Al Ghul.