TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What shows are you watching? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133381)

Seanny One Ball 05-24-2019 06:33 PM

The final season of Got isn't dog shit. It's just really badly structured due to pointless time constraints so the character progression simply isn't handled appropriately at all. It's not good though. I mean episode 3 is perfect but I can't see how anyone who follows the series could be happy with the rest of the final season.

Build, reward, build, reward, build, reward - that is the structure of the first 6 seasons. The last two were more "build, destroy".

Seanny One Ball 05-24-2019 06:50 PM

Gyp Rossetti it good. Constantly thinking "Oh God..." whenever he hears something that could be taken slightly the wrong way.

Seanny One Ball 05-24-2019 07:28 PM

The scene with Michael Shannon and Stephen Graham (George Mueller and Al Capone) at the table is one of my favourite scenes in anything ever. It's so tense yet so funny it could be in The Sopranos.
This show isn't on that level but some of the plot threads owe it a lot. It doesn't hurt that the cast is a who's who of shamefully under rated supporting actors who all belong in lead roles.

Well, maybe not Kelly Mcdonald.

Seanny One Ball 05-25-2019 05:04 PM

Season 3 was much stronger in the second half. A return to form. Season 4 starts brilliantly, the racist voyeur thing is spectacularly unnerving.
I hope Richard Harrow has a good run this season, Eli too. Chalky White is also a well played, well written character with more depth. I did not love Nucky becoming a gun toting badass at the end of last season. He is not a gun toting badass.

Seanny One Ball 05-25-2019 05:12 PM

I think Stephen Graham's portrayal of Al Capone is the best I have seen. There are a lot of great characters in this that could easily have been the focus of the show.

I hate to say it but I would have preferred almost any of the main male cast rather than Nucky as the central character.

Seanny One Ball 05-25-2019 05:22 PM

The addition of Katherine Waterston is quite literally always a good idea. She's incredible in everything.

Seanny One Ball 05-26-2019 06:59 AM

The Mueller and the Capone's plot thread produces gold every scene. I would watch a whole show just about them.

Bobholly138 06-29-2019 01:59 AM

Boardwalk Empire is my favorite HBO drama. It is so much better than crap like Oz,GoT and whatever other HBO drama zoomers praise.

Currently there is no weekly shows I am watching. Mostly cause it is summer. Was trying to watch CLoak and Dagger season 2. But after 2 episodes I realized it wasn't holding my attention so I gave up.

El Vaquero de Infierno 06-29-2019 06:25 AM

Rewatching seasons 1-4 of Vikings, before starting season 5.

RP 06-29-2019 10:33 AM

I started watching The Leftovers again and I'm pretty sure its my favorite tv show of all time now.

Seanny One Ball 06-29-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobholly138 (Post 5265244)
Boardwalk Empire is my favorite HBO drama. It is so much better than crap like Oz,GoT and whatever other HBO drama zoomers praise.

Currently there is no weekly shows I am watching. Mostly cause it is summer. Was trying to watch CLoak and Dagger season 2. But after 2 episodes I realized it wasn't holding my attention so I gave up.

Oz was probably a better show than Boardwalk Empire overall. Oz started the HBO boom really, The Sopranos owes it a lot.

Seanny One Ball 06-29-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5265310)
I started watching The Leftovers again and I'm pretty sure its my favorite tv show of all time now.

You and your hyperbole

Seanny One Ball 06-29-2019 11:55 AM

Should look out for The Leftovers though, you're not the first poster to point it out. I don't think I've ever even looked to see what it's about.

I need a new binge.

Destor 06-29-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5265310)

Funny enough im rewatching too. Watching ep 206 as i type this

Destor 06-29-2019 09:26 PM

As a rewatch its even better.

Seanny One Ball 06-29-2019 10:26 PM

Nobody ever says what it's about

Lock Jaw 06-29-2019 11:29 PM

I watched the first episode once. A large number of the population disappears, and then there are "Leftovers" who deal with that.

Seanny One Ball 06-29-2019 11:31 PM

Are there not several recent shows that fit this description?

Lock Jaw 06-29-2019 11:33 PM

I think so... But I think in some of those shows they disappear and then come back..... dunno if they come back in "The Leftovers".....

Destor 06-29-2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5265503)
Nobody ever says what it's about

Where's the fun in that?

Seanny One Ball 06-30-2019 12:54 AM

Yeah, where's the ratings in that?

Seanny One Ball 06-30-2019 12:56 AM

I have been served great, meaty slices of shut the fuck up pie before...

El Vaquero de Infierno 06-30-2019 06:06 AM

Oh, I watched the whole of the first season of Jack Ryan on Prime; I enjoyed it quite a lot and look forward to the second series.

RP 06-30-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Vaquero de Infierno (Post 5265605)
Oh, I watched the whole of the first season of Jack Ryan on Prime; I enjoyed it quite a lot and look forward to the second series.

I liked it. It has Bunk in it so it must be good.

Destor 06-30-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5265588)
Yeah, where's the ratings in that?

the was cancelled years ago. No explaining the premise will save it now. YOURE ON YOUR OWN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Vaquero de Infierno (Post 5265605)

Usually i dont get into something like Jack Ryan but for what ever reason the show really worked for me. I will def watch a second season.

SPOILER: show
the way they tied in the two arcs, home and work, i thought was really clever and made the stakes of the climax very satisfying.

XL 06-30-2019 01:39 PM

Just started Killing Eve S2, still watching iZombie, looking forward to Elementary returning.

El Vaquero de Infierno 06-30-2019 02:26 PM

I originally enjoyed iZombie when it first appeared; the writing reminded me of Veronica Mars and Buffy, plus the main chick is cute as fuck. But by third season, I was kind of tired of it.

Lock Jaw 06-30-2019 02:34 PM

Yeah, I stopped iZombie sometime last season.... even with Aly Michalka being a hot braud.....

XL 06-30-2019 04:16 PM

I absolutely agree. My wife still loves it though.

Seanny One Ball 07-01-2019 08:18 PM

Binge watching Rick And Morty. Good show. Some of the gags are genius. Show grabbed me with the first episode when a bully goes nuts at Morty out of the blue due to poverty insecurity then says "I'm going to kill you because my parents are rich!" then Rick freezes him mid lunge.

So weird, so great.

Destor 07-01-2019 11:19 PM

That show "gets me." The nihilism is very relatable.

slik 07-02-2019 03:01 AM

Currently Big Little Lies, which is superb A+ drama with incredible acting.

And

Euphoria, which is one of the best depictions of addiction I have seen. It's trippy, uncomfortable, funny and unlike any other show on tv right now.

OssMan 07-02-2019 08:28 AM

I watched stranger things season 1. I liked it. Then you know what i did? Ignored season 2 and 3. Don't need to exist. In my mind that show is 1 season long and that's all it needs

Destor 07-02-2019 10:40 AM

I dont currently plan on watching s3 for that very reason. it was one story, and its been told. Im good.

Lock Jaw 07-02-2019 10:44 AM

I will watch it because I'm a sucker. Season 1 could have been the end for sure, though. Same for Westworld, which I never watched more than the first episode of the second season.

Seanny One Ball 07-02-2019 02:00 PM

Westworld is good though. I watched Stranger Things because of a bunch of jag offs said it was great but all I left with was the knowledge that Eleven looks exactly like Sam Huntington in Jungle 2 Jungle.

That is the one pop culture throwback that Stranger Things didn't account for because it thought it was being 80's.

Terrible.

Destor 07-02-2019 02:10 PM

West World S2 was ok. I'll watch a s3. Im much less hyped about it though than I was after s1.

Seanny One Ball 07-02-2019 02:23 PM

Season 2 was excellent, just not the tour de force of planning and execution that S1 was. I can only name one truly bad episode and that was the Samurai bullshit.
The side story about William and his family, particularly the father in law is one of the most head-fuckingly brilliant pieces of TV I have ever seen.
I really did enjoy season 2, I had the benefit of hearing a lot of hype and disappointment before I went out of my way to watch it though.

James Marsden was given the short shrift which annoyed me a bit but at least there were lots of logistical aspects to think about and figure out. It's good when a show manages to maintain the rules and stay a step ahead of an alert audience.

Destor 07-02-2019 02:33 PM

Nothing was bad in s2, i just done care about the direction of the arcs. AI fighting for equality IRL is less interesting than wild west show about increasingly sentient robots. I dont mind where theyre going per se I just think where they are should have been...season 5...or so. Too much too soon.

ClockShot 07-02-2019 03:57 PM

Not much of anything to be honest.

A few episodes behind on The Son over on AMC.

Really sitting back waiting for The Terror: Infamy.